LineageOS 19.1 (Android 12L) [Signature Spoofing][OTA updates] for S7 Exynos

Search This thread

bigsterer

Jun 15, 2021
First thing is related to google apps and not the rom itself
There definitely is blue light filter, Go to settings>display>LiveDisplay>Display Mode
Really need Google Opinion Rewards, is there a different Gapps I can try on this ROM?

Regarding blue light filter seems there's no toggle on/off button or choose at what time for it to activate, just "day" "night" etc

headzy

Dec 9, 2009
What types of SM-G930F do you know? Can we find out the exact difference between our devices relatively to sound chip (id or something like that)?
We all don't get something unless try to find out the reason.
Hello there, Ivan found out that some phones were made with different chips that most likely cause this issue for some users but not others, and he does not have access to Samsungs hack workarounds to mitigate the problem. Hope that explains a little more.

bixaon

Feb 19, 2022
Hello there, Ivan found out that some phones were made with different chips that most likely cause this issue for some users but not others, and he does not have access to Samsungs hack workarounds to mitigate the problem. Hope that explains a little more.
Hello. It may be so, though this knowledge doesn't help at all.

One thing that could help is accurate checking the diff of pre-January build and after.

Even more I'm ready to install half year ago ROM and never update to have a stock quality of voice, but Ivan doesn't answer about availability of old builds.

I think we have enough witnesses of degrading quality of voice (ok, for part of S7) to pay attention to that fact.

Reactions: hmendes3

Thibou

Apr 27, 2012
France
Even more I'm ready to install half year ago ROM and never update to have a stock quality of voice, but Ivan doesn't answer about availability of old builds.
I'm not facing this "call sound quality" issue on both of my two S7 but I happened to have the 20220118 build lying in the download folder of my PC.
If it can help, you can download it here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/6abj6wk93vlzqs0/lineage-19.0-20220118-UNOFFICIAL-herolte.zip/file
If you need an earlier build or the one juste after this 20220118 I won't have it. Maybe someone else would.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheLuggageFollows

bixaon

Feb 19, 2022
I'm not facing this "call sound quality" issue on both of my two S7 but I happened to have the 20220118 build lying in the download folder of my PC.
If it can help, you can download it here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/6abj6wk93vlzqs0/lineage-19.0-20220118-UNOFFICIAL-herolte.zip/file
If you need an earlier build or the one juste after this 20220118 I won't have it. Maybe someone else would.
Thank you for trying to help.

I found in this thread that 20220118 build already has this issue.
I am looking for previous 20220106 build to test. Between that two builds three S7 owners was complaining about random echo, but not "robotic voice". With latest builds I have "robotic voice" in cellular calls for both side plus constant echo for remote side. Messengers calls have constant echo on remote side, but clear voice on both.

May be somebody else still have build from 20220106 in download folder?

Upd: 20200118=>20220118, 20200107=>20220106

Last edited:
Reactions: hmendes3

hmendes3

Feb 12, 2015
Thank you for trying to help.

I found in this thread that 20200118 build already has this issue.
I am looking for previous 20200107 build to test. Between that two builds three S7 owners was complaining about random echo, but not "robotic voice". With latest builds I have "robotic voice" in cellular calls for both side plus constant echo for remote side. Messengers calls have constant echo on remote side, but clear voice on both.

May be somebody else still have build from 20200107 in download folder?
I've found this, but it's for S7 edge : https://mega.nz/folder/EHRniQ6S#aErUuXspiDdLyF_7F49S9Q
(i think the build that has good sound was the 06january)

bixaon

Feb 19, 2022

J_K_

Apr 20, 2022
I could offer lineage-19.0-20211130-UNOFFICIAL-herolte.zip only, however, as a "greenhorn" I am not familiar with uploading to whatever place for your download, if you want it.

Ivan_Meler

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
Since my birthday is tomorrow I decided to release a little surprise build. Here is a brief changelog:
- Updated libexynosdisplay from BSP to comply with some android 12 changes
- Removed unused build.prop entries
- Fixed few selinux denials related to hwc props
- Improved UI performance and stability
- Cleaned up source
- Removed more unneeded patches for device support
- Synced with LineageOS source

Im aware of Seedvault issue curently present and im working on a fix for it.
I wanted to release something as a gift from me to everyone using this rom and supporting this project throughout the years. Keeping older phones alive and up to date is really fun hobby and I don't think I would've kept doing it if it wasnt for all of the support from the comunity.

Once again big thanks to everyone who helped cover the build serve cost and coffee.

Enjoy new build and stay safe

Mar 29, 2022
Since my birthday is tomorrow I decided to release a little surprise build. Here is a brief changelog:
- Cleaned up source

I wanted to release something as a gift from me to everyone using this rom and supporting this project throughout the years. Keeping older phones alive and up to date is really fun hobby and I don't think I would've kept doing it if it wasnt for all of the support from the comunity.

Once again big thanks to everyone who helped cover the build serve cost and coffee.

Happy birthday to you Ivan 🎉, Thank you for the update. Enjoy your weekend and Stay safe!

ilpup

Aug 25, 2017
I just report that OIS (optical image stabilization) doesn't work. To check simply tilt the phone, if OIS is active you notice that sensors moves a little to compensate.

Big thank you for your work
Domenico

rho-bot

Jul 1, 2017
Camera Quality is not Good...

Camera captures too much Noisy Photos...

GCam doesn't work also...

Anyone has Solution?
🤔🤔🤔
Camera Quality is 80% SW postprocessing meanwhile, and the LOS Camera app is known to be quite basic.
But it's not a ROM issue.

Try the following Camera apps:

rho-bot

Jul 1, 2017
I really like Lineageos 19.1 but only this with the camera stops me from replacing stock rоm.
It's like saying "I don't use Windows OS because the Notepad editor is so basic..." :LOL:
LOS is stripped down on preinstalled Apps by intention.
Cam is just an App, and highly relates on device HW. Thats another reason why LOS (as a multi-device-platform) will not spend much effort on optimizing this app. If you don't like, just use another one optimized for S7.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    And here we go as prommised, new build with improved in call audio quality and June security update
    - Merged June 2022. security update
    - Merged June 2022. pixel feature drop (SQ3A.220605.009.A1)
    - Improved in-call audio quality drastically
    - Addressed few more selinux denials
    - Improved general stability and performance
    - Cleaned up source

Once again huge thanks to everyone who supported this project, helped cover the build server cost and got me a coffee, this project wouldnt be possible without support of the comunity and s7 wouldnt still be running latest OS with latest security updates over 6 years after launch

18.1 and 17.1 builds will be out over the coming days
    New builds are up here and via ota
    - Fixed issues with keystore present in a lot of bank/secure apps like binance
    - Fixed issue where setupwizard would crash when adding fingerprint due to bug in keystore
    - Cleaned up patches required for build and removed unneeded ones

This was one of hardest things to track down and it prevented some security related apps from working, big thanks to everyone who supported this project and got me coffee (This took over a month on and off time to debug and figure out, one of weirdest error caused by googles keystore changes in android 12) and thanks to those who helped cover the build server cost

I havent posted an actual progress update in quite some time so here is some behind the scenes.
    • HWC And most of display hals will be updated and open sourced
    • Keystore will also be looked into a bit further to see if there are edge cases left where some secure apps break
    • OMX again without going into too much details we will see some changes on that end and it will be open sourced
    • Camera, well ill just let this one be a surprise for now since it will require most work
    There is a lot more going behind the scenes and some of those changes will take some time (Keep in mind i do this in my free time so i really cant talk about etas) but in general once most of those chanegs are up 8890 devices will be in perfect condition and once Android 13 source is out it won't take too long to get it working.

Some other small notes since s7 i use to develop this rom on has broken screen (i use scrcpy to mirror screen on pc)
    feel free to send me message with any good deals you find on 8890 device be it s7 s7 edge or note fe

And finally HUGE thanks to everyone who supported this project and helped cover the build server cost, thius project really wouldnt be possible without them, They also covered the coffee cost and some stuff like recent keystore fixes really took a long time to debug which indeed required a lot of coffee at night haha.
    If I should happen to have a spare S7 lying around, what country would I have to post it to? :)
    Croatia, honestly biggest issue so far has been that most decent ebay listings are from UK and thanks to them leaving eu import tax would end up costing more than device. if that wasn't the case i wouldve gotten new display or s7 long time ago haha
    Hi again
    after installing Lineage it seems I'm using wrong gapps as I get an error installing says unsupported android sdk version and i'm using install zip in twrp and not rebooting as I read you should install all before booting in to lineage. and I'm not using side load as i read somewhere others were doing.
    can any one tell me where to get the correct version! for UK galaxy s7 sm-930f
    I used this one ( BiTGApps-arm-12.0.0-R45_signed )
    any help would be appreciated as there is no mention on here where to get supported gapps.
    cheers
    Hey,
    Unfortunately bitgapps has only gapps for 12.0 for now.
    You need one which supports 12.1 (12L)
    I personally use nikgapps. This link will bring you to the right packages. Just download which package you need. You can check the diffrences bettween the package by clicking here

You need to wipe data/system/cache/dalvik-cache and than install lineage. Right after installing lineage, without rebooting install the gapps you prefer.
    k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 19.1 for herolte

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Working:
    - Wifi
    - Sound
    - mali drivers
    - USB tethering
    - HW Backed video Playback
    - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
    - Sensors
    - Buttons
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi HotSpot
    - MTP
    - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
    - HW encoding/decoding
    - HWcomposer (HWC)
    - Charging with device powered off
    - Stuff I didn't test yet
    - Camera
    - GPS
    - Fingerprint Sensor
    - Mobicore
    - SW codecs

Not Working
    -

Keep in mind that some LineageOS features have not been completed yet this is not a device bug and please do not report those
    in this rom thread, also do not post bug reports for known issues or bug reports without proper
    a) Logcat
    b) proc/last_kmsg (or proc/kmsg)
    c) data/tombstones
    d) dmesg

Install gapps right after installing the rom itself don't try to boot to system before that if you want to use gapps (Or wipe data before installing them)

Make sure gapps you decide to use support android 12L/12.1/Are targetting api level 32
    Also make sure you are using latest official TWRP before installing rom older versions do not have proper android 12 support

If you want to use Magisk use latest Magisk Beta (25.0) or Magisk 24.1, there is bug in 24.3 that was fixed after its release that prevents zygisk from working on some devices with 3.18 kernel

Downloads:
    Google Drive
    Mega.nz
    GitHub Releases
    MD5: 91b6a3fbc9717b46e9a2bce054af10b6

if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee paypal.me/ivanmeler

BTC: bc1qqan6m5tn284g38tu52nalc9x5z4all8z5geq6y
    ETH(erc20): 0xB737100035a989fA9EaD13B81af2a32EFe6E1C0f
    Donations help cover the build server cost and since I do this in my free time, and also cover the coffee for time spent debugging stuff

Feel free to join telegram group with early builds progress updates and some off topic stuff Join

Based On Android 12L/S
    Changelog

- Fixed issues with keystore present in a lot of bank/secure apps like binance
    - Fixed issue where setupwizard would crash when adding fingerprint due to bug in keystore
    - Cleaned up patches required for build and removed unneeded ones

- Cleaned up source

- Cleaned up source

- Added QR code reader quick settings toggle
    - Improved device performance and stability
    - Added Custom low power mode power profile for cpu
    - Improved A-GNSS (A-GPS) Lock speed
    - Exposed device hw revision to settings
    - Improved fast/slow charger detection

- Switched to new libperfmgr power hal which can be configured from /system/vendor/etc/powerhints.json
    - Adapted DT2W to new power hal
    - Muted phone services gps notif (Thanks google really appreciate you breaking random things for everyone)
    - Improved battery life and performance
    - Cleaned up all of leftover patches that were used by legacy power hal

- Improved battery usage logging for display
    - Added QR code reader to camera app (Long hold icon and launch it from context menu)
    - Misc performance and stability improvements
    - Merged May 2022. security update

- Removed libbfqio dependency from hwc since it was dropped from lineageos 19.1
    - Synced with LineageOS source (same base as official builds + some extras)

- Fixed bug wehre vibrations were too low on some devices due to inintensity being set to 0
    - Fixed bug where apps would show square popup "animation" when launching from icon instead of roudned one
    - Cleaned up build patches

- Updated sepolicy and merged updated common samsung_slsi sepolicy
    - Increased microphone gain while recording media (Camcorder, voice recording etc.)
    - Added option to disable vibration feedback on fingerprint auth

- Fixed extended volume panel
    - Updated icons for few more stock apps
    - Cleaned up patches further
    - Misc peroformance improvements

- Merged April 2022. Security update
    - Enabled new LineageOS icons (you might have to clear launcher cache for them to show up)
    - Fixed issue where galery app would show black text on black background
    - Fixed issue where unlock sound would sometimes play twice

- Drastically speed up app launch time (more info about that here)
    - Imrpoved performance and battery life by disabling some unnecessary logging
    - Switched to source built camera provider and removed samsung proprietary one
    - Upreved camera provider to 2.5
    - Fixed few selinux denials related to NFC trying to raad debug props
    - Removed floating_feature.xml which is unused on aosp
    - Disabled livedisplay by default
    - Cleaned up extra dependencies used for compiling
    - Synced with LOS source

- Added back configurable audio volume panel location
    - Speed up unlock with fingerprint
    - Updated a lot of apps to MaterialYou design language
    - Fixed issue where touch screen area bellow home button would act as a gesture area even while gestures are disabled
    - Improved stability of ADB connection
    - Implemented new LineageOS setupwizard
    - Cleaned up device tree and list of required patches
    - Stability and performance improvements
    - Pointed Changelog url in updater app to new page

- Fixed issue with keystore where apps would crash when invoking it (Security related apps mostly like signal and a lot of work apps)
    - Officially rebranded as 19.1
    - Updated changelog URL in updater app to point to a valid changelog
    - Fixed battery icon styles (Again..)
    - Removed invalid zram config.
    - Cleaned up source
    - Performance and stability improvements
    - Updated some stock apps to math with new design

- Merged March 2022. security and feature updates (Android 12L)
    - Fixed status bar network trafic monitor
    - Improved zram performance and enabled zram writeback
    - Cleaned up patches needed for build
    - Fixed network usage monitoring
    - Fixed per app network restrictions
    - Removed AudioFX which was causing issues
    - Decreased microphone and earpiece gain a bit to mitigate in-call issues
    - Updated some device control apps like advanced display settings
    - Improved vibrator intensity in new hal
    - Imrpoved fp sensor response time
    - A lot of 'under the hood' changes
    - Performance improvements
    - Merged more previously missing los features
    - Implemented OTA updates

- Merged February 2022. security update
    - Removed broken volume button location toggle
    - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed issue where camera would stop working after prolonged use
    - Merged some more lineageos features that have been posted to gerrit
    - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed developer options crashing on launch
    - Added Bluetooth SBC Dual Channel HD audio mode
    - Synced with LOS source

- Added back lineageos setup wizard present on clean installs
    - Merged some of previously missing features that have been ported over to LineageOS 19
    - Performance and stability improvements
    - Synced with LOS source

- Enabled selinux (Its enforcing now)
    - Moved audio hal to vendor
    - Fixed confirmation dialog box for button backlight
    - Fixed ok button which would go missing for button backlight
    - Switched to source built secril_config_svc (used for ds detection)
    - Removed obsolete debug.sf.disable_backpressure prop
    - Merged latest security updates to kernel from aosp kernel/common
    - Cleaned up source
    - Cleaned up unused props
    - Removed unused custom ld.config.txt that was overriding main one
    - Synced with LOS source

- Removed duplicate props in vendor and system
    - Cleaned up device tree code
    - Switched to source built camera provider lib
    - Switched to few source built ril related libs
    - Addressed more selinux denials
    - Fixed volume panel location settings
    - Added button backlight
    - Added Advanced Reboot
    - Added LiveDisplay entry into settings
    - Added system side toggle for navigation bar
    - Merged January 2022 Security Update
    - Merged most of previously missing LineageOS features
    - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed wireless display
    - Reduced logspam which should imrpove performance a bit
    - Synced with LOS source

- Merged r18 tag of Android 12 (SQ1D.211205.016.A1)
    - Removed liboemcrypto which was preventing drm playback in some apps
    - Synced with LOS source

- Updated Clearkey to 1.4
    - Addressed most of selinux denials
    - Switched to new AIDL Lights hal
    - Upreved audio hal to 7.0
    - Switched to new AIDL Vibrator hal
    - Disabled configstore which got replaced with props
    - Upreved fingerprint hal/service to 1.3
    - Removed unused kernel defconfig flag
    - Synced with LOS source

- Merged December 2021. Security update
    - Merged December 2021 pixel feature drop
    - Added signature spoofing support which can be used to add microg instead of gapps
    - Merged a lot of lineageos features that have been implemented
    - Fixed bluetooth sample rate while in call
    - Moved device specific ueventd rules to /system/vendor/etc
    - Freed up some ram
    - performance and stability improvements

- Initial release

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 19.0 for S7, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S7

Contributors
    Ivan_Meler
    Source Code: https://github.com/8890q/android_kernel_samsung_universal8890/tree/lineage-19.0

ROM OS Version: Android 12L
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.x

Version Information
    Stable
    - Cleaned up source

And here we go as prommised, new build with improved in call audio quality and June security update
    - Cleaned up source

Once again huge thanks to everyone who supported this project, helped cover the build server cost and got me a coffee, this project wouldnt be possible without support of the comunity and s7 wouldnt still be running latest OS with latest security updates over 6 years after launch

18.1 and 17.1 builds will be out over the coming days
    New builds are up mainly to bring them inline with official lineageos 19.1 builds when it comes to features, here is a brief changelog
    - Removed libbfqio dependency from hwc since it was dropped from lineageos 19.1
    - Synced with LineageOS source (same base as official builds + some extras)

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project so far and helped me cover the build server cost with donations and also got me coffee
    Enjoy new builds and stay safe
    Well here we go first build of the year, andquite a big one while at it
    Here is a brief changelogbut there are a lot more changes you will discover in this build
    - Removed duplicate props in vendor and system
    - Cleaned up device tree code
    - Switched to source built camera provider lib
    - Switched to few source built ril related libs
    - Addressed more selinux denials
    - Fixed volume panel location settings
    - Added button backlight
    - Added Advanced Reboot
    - Added LiveDisplay entry into settings
    - Added system side toggle for navigation bar
    - Merged January 2022 Security Update
    - Merged most of previously missing LineageOS features
    - Synced with LOS source

Updates for Android 11 and 10 should be out next week

About camera, As some of you might be aware camera tends to crash afterprolongued use, Im investigatinga fix for it but due to nature of issue itself it might take time
    to figure this out completely and what the best way to deal with it is.

Andfinally huge thanks toeveryonewho supported this and other projects of mine so far as they help me cover the build server cost and get me a coffee with their donations, 2022 marks 5 years since release of s7 and im glad i can help in keeping them alive on latest android version with latest security updates
    Hope you all had great holidays, Enjoy new build and stay safe in 2022