LineageOS 19.1 for SM-T580 (gtaxlwifi) and SM-P580 (gtanotexlwifi)

Search This thread

LifelessDead

Aug 22, 2020
Have you seen #18, is this your issue?
Yes and nope. #18 is trying to get rid of the taskbar.
I was asking about (supposedly) officially supported functionality. I skipped the LOS19.1 first-run tutorial too quickly, but if I remember correctly it even poped up a window indicating you could temporarily hide the taskbar when you're not in a fullscreen app.

Idah00

May 11, 2022
Hello there, I just installed the ROM on my device a few days ago and I'm trying to use my dualshock 4 controller with no success, I can connect it through Bluetooth with success and the 2 games I have tested it with (Retroarch and RVGL) even recognize its presence but they won't recognize any inputs that go through the controller, Bluetooth seems to work fine otherwise as my JBL Go3 works well without having to do anything, is there something wrong with Bluetooth or the controller driver or am I doing something wrong?

I have noticed that as opposed to my other Android devices when I connect the controller via bluetooth the color of the light is different, as opposed to being bright blue it is dark blue with low intensity, something's telling me that means the dualshock 4 is handled differently than it usually is on this rom and that it could be the cause of the problem...

Last edited:

TALUAtXDA

Nov 8, 2018
The taskbar is less bad than I expected - still, there is supposed to be a "long press to hide" feature for non-fullscreen apps. I just can't get that to work. Is that a LOS bug, or something else?
I was asking about (supposedly) officially supported functionality. I skipped the LOS19.1 first-run tutorial too quickly, but if I remember correctly it even poped up a window indicating you could temporarily hide the taskbar when you're not in a fullscreen app.
I think that tip would be for gestural navigation, which isn't enabled by default and so shouldn't even be shown, yet here we are...

I've described a method for enabling gestural navigation here if you'd like it.

For my next releases, I've made a few changes for the "Enable on-screen nav bar" option at Settings -> System -> Buttons to not cause touchscreen input to be disabled when it's enabled, and instead for input from the touch keys to be ignored. When that option is enabled, switching between the default method of navigation and gestural navigation will be easier with the normal menu for that in settings that appears, and the option can be disabled afterwards to have input from the touch keys accepted again.

For everyone, the Lineage team has added an option for disabling the taskbar. Unfortunately, using it isn't as straightforward as it should be, since there's a few steps needed for using it, including using that "Enable on-screen nav bar" option, but I'll document it.
Hello there, I just installed the ROM on my device a few days ago and I'm trying to use my dualshock 4 controller with no success, I can connect it through Bluetooth with success and the 2 games I have tested it with (Retroarch and RVGL) even recognize its presence but they won't recognize any inputs that go through the controller, Bluetooth seems to work fine otherwise as my JBL Go3 works well without having to do anything, is there something wrong with Bluetooth or the controller driver or am I doing something wrong?

I have noticed that as opposed to my other Android devices when I connect the controller via bluetooth the color of the light is different, as opposed to being bright blue it dark blue with low intensity, something's telling me that means the dualshock 4 is handled differently than it usually is on this rom and that it could be the cause of the problem...
I've looked into it. It turns out that the Sony HID driver, which is used for DualShock controller support, in the kernel doesn't have several fixes that were applied to the newer 4.4 and 4.9 Android common kernels. One of them specifically changes the DS4 LED colours to brighter ones, which would fix the problem you're seeing with the very dark blue LED colour that's being set.

I've applied/ported over the fixes for the next releases. DS4 controllers should work fine then.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for this ROM and all the information! Installed and working. Other bugs I found, just FYI: taskbar is showing (empty) on the lockscreen. Also, lockscreen doesn't rotate on landscape mode.

Edit:
There is a bug with playback. I don't know why but sometimes I press play on a YouTube video or a song on Spotify and suddenly it stops itself.

Last edited:

Tamhvm

Apr 8, 2011
Medellín
juan-garcia.net
Awesome work here, I just installed it on my SM-P580, almost all functionality is working.
However, that "taskbar" is really useless and annoying.
What was Google (and by association the AOSP team) thinking? Why add a taskbar, when the running programs are not shown in there? Slap 5 useless icons there that can't be modified either, and we have a total loser.
I tried the #16 command there, it didn't work for me either.

Reactions: charcutero

aesch

May 21, 2022
Thank you for this port! I needed to revive an old tablet for school, and this was the newest one I had. I originally had issues with installing it through TWRP. (Kept bootlooping) but wiping the cache after install fixed it!

I do have one issue though. The app switcher key works for a few minutes after boot up and then doesn't work at all.

TALUAtXDA

Nov 8, 2018
New releases for 20220523

Downloads:
For SM-T580/gtaxlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17DJlZUaKd2u-zNxU2GojqM_HjZ1HOK0C/
For SM-P580/gtanotexlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EEFTw3glv6kbqdNodKWnIu5Jw1D47Hq4/

Changelog:

• Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20220505 Android security updates and an option for disabling the taskbar.
  • The problem where enabling the "Enable on-screen nav bar" option at Settings -> System -> Buttons caused touchscreen input to be disabled has been fixed.
  • Native support for IPsec tunnels has been enabled.
  • Support for Vulkan compute is now declared.
  • A new custom version of the open source Samsung audio HAL from Lineage's android_hardware_samsung repository is now used, rather than the stock, heavily-patched, proprietary Samsung audio HAL, with some fixes for a problem that made it unusable before where occasionally, audio would get outputted from both the speakers and the headphone jack.
  • The playback and low-latency capture period sizes have been reduced to 128 in the open source audio HAL, which reduces audio latency.
  • Pro audio support is now declared, since with the reduced period sizes, as well as with the use of the open source audio HAL, round-trip audio latency has been reduced enough for it.
  • Many updates from the 4.9 Android common kernel have been applied to the kernel.
  • Several fixes to the Sony HID driver in the 4.9 Android common kernel have been ported over to the kernel - Sony DualShock 4 controllers should now work properly.

TALUAtXDA

Nov 8, 2018
More detailed release notes for the builds for 20220523

New option for disabling the taskbar

A new option for disabling the widely disliked taskbar has been added by the Lineage team.
Along with that, I've fixed the problem where enabling the "Enable on-screen nav bar" option at Settings -> System -> Buttons disabled touchscreen input entirely, which makes that new option for disabling the taskbar usable.

Now, to disable the taskbar, it's unfortunately not very straightforward. The steps are as follows:
  • Go to the Settings app, and in it, go to System -> Buttons.
  • Enable the "Enable on-screen nav bar" option.
  • Go back to the System section, and go to the Buttons section again.
  • A new option, "Enable taskbar", should be there. Toggle it off. The taskbar should disappear and be replaced with an old-style navigation bar.
From there, to use the hardware keys with no navigation bar or taskbar, simply disable the "Enable on-screen nav bar" option.
Otherwise, that option can be kept enabled to have an "old-style" navbar, with input from touchkeys being ignored, and with no taskbar. Different methods of navigation can be selected at Settings -> System -> Gestures -> System navigation.

Sony DualShock 4 controller support

Several fixes to the Sony HID driver that are in the 4.9 Android common kernel have been ported to the Sony HID driver in our older 3.18 kernel, including fixes for DS4 controller support.

With them, DS4 controllers should now work properly, along with probably a few other Sony controllers, too.

Huge improvements in audio latency

The audio HAL has been switched from the stock, heavily-patched, proprietary Samsung audio HAL to a custom version of the open source Samsung audio HAL from Lineage's android_hardware_samsung repository, with some fixes for a problem that made it unusable before where occasionally, audio would get outputted from both the speakers and the headphone jack.

Within it, the playback and low-latency capture period sizes have been reduced to 128.

With the use of the open source audio HAL and the smaller period sizes, round-trip audio latency has decreased from around 48 ms (if I remember correctly) with the proprietary Samsung audio HAL to 14-16 ms on my tablet, according to the Superpowered audio latency test app, with rough tests with just my headphones and the built-in microphone with the Dr. Rick O'Rang loopback app suggested in Android documentation for latency testing confirming.

With that massive improvement in audio latency, support for pro audio is now declared (for which a round-trip audio latency of 20 ms or less is required). Any apps requiring it to be available in the Google Play Store will now show up, and if any apps check for if pro audio feature support is reported, they'll now run.

If anyone comes across any new problems with the open source audio HAL, do report them.

As always, enjoy.

Elio32

Feb 11, 2018
Every time i try to turn off the tablet with the rom, it reboots. With version 18.1 it doesn't happen to me. even with the one you just uploaded

Reactions: doblehache

Kat Jillianne

Sep 18, 2020
Hello there, I've installed latest build 20220523 with nikgapps and no magisk on my P585.
I cannot download nor update anything from play store, even playstore won't update itself. Everything stuck on "pending", I tried clearing data and re-adding my google account, nothing solved so far. Do I need to provide anything else to help determine the cause?

LifelessDead

Aug 22, 2020
Now, to disable the taskbar, it's unfortunately not very straightforward.
... it does work great though!!!
The new old-style navigation bar even retains the apps you put in the taskbar! Amazing 😆

Ps1: and this one feel a heck of a lot smoother!
Ps2: coming from the previous 19.1, just a dirty flash of the new zip works fine (no new Gapps flash, no wipe, just works)

Last edited:
Hello there, I've installed latest build 20220523 with nikgapps and no magisk on my P585.
I cannot download nor update anything from play store, even playstore won't update itself. Everything stuck on "pending", I tried clearing data and re-adding my google account, nothing solved so far. Do I need to provide anything else to help determine the cause?
I had the same issue, and that's because you are probably using the wrong Gapps. Make a clean ROM installation and then try again installing Gapps that are compatible with ARM64 12L.

Kat Jillianne

Sep 18, 2020
I had the same issue, and that's because you are probably using the wrong Gapps. Make a clean ROM installation and then try again installing Gapps that are compatible with ARM64 12L.
I flashed NikGapps-omni-arm64-12.1-20220421 (I need google photo as system app to avoid desync changes).
May I ask which gapps pack did you use?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New releases for 20220620

Downloads:
    For SM-T580/gtaxlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1onRpEeNRkFpVrZqP4bFbZoDyf9N1GkVY/
    For SM-P580/gtanotexlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WgT1ZCz5sqf7g41OECqCyULmCO-ss2X3/

Changelog:

• Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20220605 Android security updates.
    • Network traffic monitoring now works (as some changes reverting the removal of the old, non-eBPF, method of doing it that the old 3.18 kernel only supports have been applied, thanks to @rINanDO for them!).
    • One of Lineage's changes to the default keyboard, likely to be causing a problem where the keyboard appears full screen with no keys in very few cases, has been reverted.
    • Many updates from the 4.9 Android common kernel, and some from a few other sources, have been applied to the kernel.
    • The issue where trying to power off, or reboot to recovery or download mode, would sometimes cause a normal reboot has been fixed.
    • A small fix to the kernel has been applied that fixes occasional soft reboots, that were caused by a change I made a very long time ago that has only started causing such soft rebooting problems with Android 12.
    As always, enjoy.
    I've found fixes for the problem where powering off or doing a reboot to recovery or download mode would cause a normal reboot at times.

I've also found changes to get network traffic monitoring, and related features, working again. These will be included in my next releases.
    WiFi only device here. Can confirm no GPS fix after 20 minutes waiting. No google components.
    On my device, and I'm assuming all others as well, GPS struggles to find and lock onto GPS satellites in less optimal conditions.

To get my device to find and lock onto satellites, I either need to go as far as to hold my tablet up to the ceiling(!) and wait, or just go outside, with best results after connecting to the internet to have assisted GPS data downloaded. My main phone, a Galaxy S5 Neo, fares much better despite having a very similar GPS hardware setup.

With that, if you weren't in very good conditions at the time you tested, could you try GPS in better conditions?
    If conditions are all good, unfortunately, I don't have any ideas for any possible causes. All seems fine here otherwise. A log from logcat could be useful.

By the way, if you haven't already, I suggest using the app GPSTest, here on F-Droid, to test GPS. If GPS is totally nonfunctional, it will just show two blank tables, but if it seems to work, but there's no satellites found, it will say that there's no GNSS satellies specifically.

Yeah the keyboard problem is exactly as you described it, so probably another faulty change then...
    I've looked at changes that could cause further problems. There's only one that looks like it could. I've reverted it for my next releases, not completely certain that would workaround the problem though.

If it does workaround the problem, with the default material you theme, without that change, which adds vertical padding, it looks off though, so that's a slight downside.
    Thx for the feedback, I won't report problems that have already been reported :)
    You're very welcome, and alright. :)

The only issue is that the hardware recents button doesn't seem to be working. It was working fine until I turned off the the taskbar, but now even turning it back on it still doesn't work. I enabled the software one as a workaround for now, but it's fairly annoying. Hardware home and back work fine.
    Hmm, that's quite odd. Can't reproduce such issue at all. It might be worth double checking the settings for the recent apps button at Settings -> System -> Buttons. Otherwise, unfortunately, I don't have any ideas for any possible causes.

Now another thing has been bugging me: is it normal that installing p850 (non cellular) build on a p585 (LTE) will causes IMEI to not appear under "about tablet" section?
    Yes. Naturally, there's nothing to provide an IMEI to be displayed there, and that IMEI info section incorrectly appears even on builds for devices with no mobile networking capabilites.

I installed another launcher and froze the Pixel Launcher with SDMaid. So far it works.
    Since you have the Pixel Launcher in the first place, you'd be using a heavier Google apps package. They replace default apps with variants from Google, which often causes problems. You should use a more minimal package instead.
    Ok, having a brain fart here when trying to download the proper Nik GApps for this newest version I've updated my tablet before on 18.1 and now 19.1 but I forget what Android P/Q/R/S actually stands for - 8/9/10/11/12 ????? It would help a lot of folks if a number to designate the version of Android. Thanks!

You can also follow the naming convention of NikGApps-files :) For example: NikGapps-full-arm64-11-20220421-signed.zip or NikGapps-Addon-12-GmailGo-20220421-signed.zip
    edit: BTW has anyone managed to make the GPS work? I' m using microG and it doesn't work here, my phone uses microG and it works fine tho, so I'm unsure if its a me problem or a ROM problem...
    WiFi only device here. Can confirm no GPS fix after 20 minutes waiting. No google components.
    This is LineageOS 19.1, which is based on Android 12, for the WiFi-only variants of the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" (2016), with model SM-T580 and codename gtaxlwifi, and the Galaxy Tab A 10.1" (2016) with S-Pen, with model SM-P580 and codename gtanotexlwifi. LineageOS doesn't need much of an introduction - It's a well-known custom firmware/Android distribution.

As was the case with LineageOS 18.1, I've taken over maintaining 19.1 from @followmsi, and my 19.1 builds continue on from his 19.1 builds that were intended for use by users. To update from his builds, my builds can simply be installed on top of an existing install from his builds without doing anything further (or "dirty flashed").

For those running 18.1, or probably even 17.1, upgrading to 19.1 is possible through the procedure I've explained before here and here (except with 19.1/Android 12 and 18.1 rather than 18.1/Android 11 and 17.1 for that second post). I highly suggest backing up any important data before trying to upgrade. In the unlikely case the upgrade fails, and it doesn't boot, data would need to be formatted.

For those wanting to disable the widely disliked taskbar, instructions for doing so are in the first section of my post here.

Downloads:
    Note: While these builds are mainly intended to be used on the WiFi-only variants of these devices, they can be installed and used on LTE variants if you can go without mobile networking (of course), GPS and vibration.
    I'm only going to try getting builds up for the LTE variants if I get one in the future. Trying to do so without direct access to an LTE variant device is very difficult and not really feasible (as I've realized after thinking in much more depth about it since thinking I'd be able to do so without an LTE variant device a long time ago).

For SM-T580/gtaxlwifi:

Latest build from 20220620 (with security patch level 20220605): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1onRpEeNRkFpVrZqP4bFbZoDyf9N1GkVY/
    Folder for builds (which contains text files with MD5 and SHA256 checksums for the latest build, and a folder containing previous builds): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1S3NRiTP2jr9gRtSMKoKoaoMu75g_FJM4

For the T580, the latest official TWRP build from here should be used. If installing a build for the T580 to the LTE variant, with model SM-T585 and codename gtaxllte, keeping in mind some functionality will of course be missing as described in my note, the latest official TWRP build for gtaxllte from here can also be used.

For SM-P580/gtanotexlwifi:
    Latest build from 20220620 (with security patch level 20220605): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WgT1ZCz5sqf7g41OECqCyULmCO-ss2X3/
    Folder for builds (which contains text files with MD5 and SHA256 checksums for the latest build, and a folder containing previous builds): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11pcp9NZf0ovelvT7oxfhoem6-utpSao8

For the P580, I've made unofficial TWRP builds from an updated device tree and the same kernel sources used for these LineageOS builds that must be used.
    Download link for an image of my latest TWRP build: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TAFLVpxdYQNvfvUPS_BGKx3imphR1Wd2/
    Download link for a tar archive containing it for installation via Odin in the AP slot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ay55ntZj7Uptzm--hiCaeG1C5lamQ1fG/

Changelogs:
    Releases for 20220620:
    • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20220605 Android security updates.
    • Network traffic monitoring now works (as some changes reverting the removal of the old, non-eBPF, method of doing it that the old 3.18 kernel only supports have been applied, thanks to @rINanDO for them!).
    • One of Lineage's changes to the default keyboard, likely to be causing a problem where the keyboard appears full screen with no keys in very few cases, has been reverted.
    • Many updates from the 4.9 Android common kernel, and some from a few other sources, have been applied to the kernel.
    • The issue where trying to power off, or reboot to recovery or download mode, would sometimes cause a normal reboot has been fixed.
    • A small fix to the kernel has been applied that fixes occasional soft reboots, that were caused by a change I made a very long time ago that has only started causing such soft rebooting problems with Android 12.
    Previous releases:
    Releases for 20220523:
    • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20220505 Android security updates and an option for disabling the taskbar.
    • The problem where enabling the "Enable on-screen nav bar" option at Settings -> System -> Buttons caused touchscreen input to be disabled has been fixed.
    • A new custom version of the open source Samsung audio HAL from Lineage's android_hardware_samsung repository is now used, rather than the stock, heavily-patched, proprietary Samsung audio HAL, with some fixes for a problem that made it unusable before where occasionally, audio would get outputted from both the speakers and the headphone jack.
    • The playback and low-latency capture period sizes have been reduced to 128 in the open source audio HAL, which reduces audio latency.
    • Pro audio support is now declared, since with the reduced period sizes, as well as with the use of the open source audio HAL, round-trip audio latency has been reduced enough for it.
    • Many updates from the 4.9 Android common kernel have been applied to the kernel.
    • Several fixes to the Sony HID driver in the 4.9 Android common kernel have been ported over to the kernel - Sony DualShock 4 controllers should now work properly.
    Initial releases for 20220416 (This changelog continues on from @followmsi's last 19.1 build that was intended for use by users):
    • Latest changes from LineageOS.
    • SELinux is now set to be enforcing after having addressed new SELinux denials with 12.
    • Assisted GPS has been fixed.
    • ADB is no longer enabled by default or on boot.
    • The tablet product characteristic has been added back after being mistakenly removed - Places where the device was referred to as a phone (such as the "About phone" section in settings) will now refer to it as a tablet again.
    • The Widevine DRM blobs have been updated to 1.4 blobs from the latest stock firmware for the Google Pixel 3a XL.
    • A new wcnss_filter binary built from sources is now used to properly fix an issue where Bluetooth couldn't be re-enabled after enabling and disabling it once, and the old workaround for it has been removed.
    • Some other miscellaneous cleanups have been done.
    • There are a few updates from the 4.9 Android common kernel and Samsung's A600FNXXU9CVB1 kernel sources to the kernel.
    • An issue where the displays backlight would be turned off completely when setting very low brightnesses, causing nothing to be visible on the display (unless very faintly if you shine a torch or something on it), has been fixed.

Known issues and workarounds (if any):
    Issue 1: Camera previews for images to be taken at resolutions with aspect ratios other than 16:9 using the rear camera are squashed from 16:9 (while final saved images at any resolution are unaffected by any squashing), and videos taken at some resolutions are affected by similar issues with squashing in previews, and, in a smaller set of resolutions, also in final saved video files. (Note that these issues don't affect the front-facing camera)
    Somewhat of a workaround to issue 1: Use resolutions at which there are no issues with squashing from 16:9.

Something notable is that currently, with Android 12, encrypted data can't be decrypted in TWRP recovery. That problem can only be fixed within TWRP, so we'll need to wait for an update to TWRP which fixes it.

To report further issues, get a log from logcat and dmesg. If you're unsure on how to get either, there's good documentation out there for how to do so.

Sources:
    A manifest containing all of the necessary repositories to make a build for either the T580 or P580 is in this repository on branch lineage-19.1: https://github.com/TALUAtGitHub/gtaxlwifi-manifests

Starting from my initial 19.1 build, a new common tree setup, with new gtaxl common device and vendor trees, along with new gtaxlwifi and gtanotexlwifi device and vendor trees to use with them, is used to create builds. Before, the gtaxlwifi device tree was a standalone tree, and the gtanotexlwifi device tree was a complete copy of it with changes for the P580 on top, meaning a lot of stuff was duplicated between them. With such new setup, that duplication no longer exists, and build times when building builds for both the T580 and P580, one after the other, are massively decreased.
    18.1 builds for 20220423 onwards are also built with that setup, only without changes for Android 12.

Thanks to:
    @Valera1978 - for all of the previous work for the T580 (and T585) long ago.
    @followmsi - for fixes to various issues and other improvements, for useful information, and for working with me on much of this stuff.
    Anyone who has previously tested anything new I've put up for testing, reported results, and gave details for me to get it working if it was necessary.
    The Lineage team - for the Android distribution itself.
    ...and everyone else who has worked on anything that is in use.
    New releases for 20220620

Downloads:
    For SM-T580/gtaxlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1onRpEeNRkFpVrZqP4bFbZoDyf9N1GkVY/
    For SM-P580/gtanotexlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WgT1ZCz5sqf7g41OECqCyULmCO-ss2X3/

Changelog:

As always, enjoy.
    More detailed release notes for the builds for 20220523

New option for disabling the taskbar

A new option for disabling the widely disliked taskbar has been added by the Lineage team.
    Along with that, I've fixed the problem where enabling the "Enable on-screen nav bar" option at Settings -> System -> Buttons disabled touchscreen input entirely, which makes that new option for disabling the taskbar usable.

Now, to disable the taskbar, it's unfortunately not very straightforward. The steps are as follows:
    • Go to the Settings app, and in it, go to System -> Buttons.
    • Enable the "Enable on-screen nav bar" option.
    • Go back to the System section, and go to the Buttons section again.
    • A new option, "Enable taskbar", should be there. Toggle it off. The taskbar should disappear and be replaced with an old-style navigation bar.
    From there, to use the hardware keys with no navigation bar or taskbar, simply disable the "Enable on-screen nav bar" option.
    Otherwise, that option can be kept enabled to have an "old-style" navbar, with input from touchkeys being ignored, and with no taskbar. Different methods of navigation can be selected at Settings -> System -> Gestures -> System navigation.

Sony DualShock 4 controller support

Several fixes to the Sony HID driver that are in the 4.9 Android common kernel have been ported to the Sony HID driver in our older 3.18 kernel, including fixes for DS4 controller support.

With them, DS4 controllers should now work properly, along with probably a few other Sony controllers, too.

Huge improvements in audio latency

The audio HAL has been switched from the stock, heavily-patched, proprietary Samsung audio HAL to a custom version of the open source Samsung audio HAL from Lineage's android_hardware_samsung repository, with some fixes for a problem that made it unusable before where occasionally, audio would get outputted from both the speakers and the headphone jack.

Within it, the playback and low-latency capture period sizes have been reduced to 128.

With the use of the open source audio HAL and the smaller period sizes, round-trip audio latency has decreased from around 48 ms (if I remember correctly) with the proprietary Samsung audio HAL to 14-16 ms on my tablet, according to the Superpowered audio latency test app, with rough tests with just my headphones and the built-in microphone with the Dr. Rick O'Rang loopback app suggested in Android documentation for latency testing confirming.

With that massive improvement in audio latency, support for pro audio is now declared (for which a round-trip audio latency of 20 ms or less is required). Any apps requiring it to be available in the Google Play Store will now show up, and if any apps check for if pro audio feature support is reported, they'll now run.

If anyone comes across any new problems with the open source audio HAL, do report them.

As always, enjoy.
    New releases for 20220523

Downloads:
    For SM-T580/gtaxlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17DJlZUaKd2u-zNxU2GojqM_HjZ1HOK0C/
    For SM-P580/gtanotexlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EEFTw3glv6kbqdNodKWnIu5Jw1D47Hq4/

Changelog:

I think stock Android 6 on the tablet had Widevine L1. Didn't it? I don't know how it all works, but I do wonder what is missing. When you posted that you had used the Pixel 3a blobs, I had thought that was whatever blackbox did the widevine L1. I see I was wrong. I guess whatever blobs and whatnot from Android 6 aren't compatible with our LineageOS setups?

If you could explain a bit more of the Widevine internals as it relates to L1 on these tablets, just to cure my ignorance, I'd appreciate it. I've been wondering about it for a while. I can program in assembly language and C, so don't pull any punches. :)
    It would also work on the Android 8.1 stock firmware.

The Widevine DRM HAL, which is what I updated, is part of it. There's also a liboemcrypto.so blob, and Mobicore/the Trustonic TEE, along with relevant "trustlets" for it. WIth a working combination of the Widevine DRM HAL, liboemcrypto blob, Mobicore blobs, and "trustlets", it would be possible for the Widevine security level to be reported as L1. But, still, it would be dropped down to L3.

The commit message for the commit here removing the liboemcrypto blob and also replacing two other DRM-related blobs for Exynos 7580 devices describes, in actuality, Samsung as disabling L1 on devices that are modified in any way. Who knows how that happens or where along the line it does, seeing as all low-level device-specific stuff is, of course, undocumented.

I don't think it's worth continuing discussion on that topic. It's dead-end and I personally have a very poor understanding of it all, as I imagine almost everyone else does. There's no getting back the L1 security level.
    Good work. Upgrade from 18.1 worked flawlessly except for this that appeared and dont know how to remove it.
    What is this bottom bar?
    That's the new, pretty intrustive and seemingly also buggy, taskbar in Android 12L.
    The only way to somewhat get rid of it is to switch to gesture navigation. Oddly, there's no three buttons for navigation on your taskbar there, so I'm not sure if you have it enabled already, and just need to hold down on it to switch to a navigation "pill".
    That can most easily be done by running this command in an ADB shell or a shell with root access otherwise (run `su` in any other type of shell, such as one through an app, to get root access):
    Code:
    cmd overlay enable com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.gestural
    With it, a small white pill, along with some space around it, replaces the taskbar for navigation. Holding it down would switch back to a taskbar, and holding it down again would switch back to that pill. Note that as it's gesture navigation, you'd have to get used to either using the gestures or ignoring that they're there, especially since they interfere with some gestures in some apps.

Unfortunately, at the moment, we don't have anything else besides switching to gesture navigation to get around it. This all came down from Google/AOSP (the Android Open Source Project) itself. Here's hoping Lineage makes improvements or improvements are made under AOSP to this navigation stuff.