LineageOS 19.1(+) for SM-T580 (gtaxlwifi), SM-T585 (gtaxllte), SM-P580 (gtanotexlwifi), and SM-P585* (gtanotexllte)

Search This thread

bbscal67

Oct 9, 2019
This is LineageOS 19.1, which is based on Android 12, for the WiFi-only variants of the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" (2016), with model SM-T580 and codename gtaxlwifi, and the Galaxy Tab A 10.1" (2016) with S-Pen, with model SM-P580 and codename gtanotexlwifi. LineageOS doesn't need much of an introduction - It's a well-known custom firmware/Android distribution.

As was the case with LineageOS 18.1, I've taken over maintaining 19.1 from @followmsi, and my 19.1 builds continue on from his 19.1 builds that were intended for use by users. To update from his builds, my builds can simply be installed on top of an existing install from his builds without doing anything further (or "dirty flashed").

For those running 18.1, or probably even 17.1, upgrading to 19.1 is possible through the procedure I've explained before here and here (except with 19.1/Android 12 and 18.1 rather than 18.1/Android 11 and 17.1 for that second post). I highly suggest backing up any important data before trying to upgrade. In the unlikely case the upgrade fails, and it doesn't boot, data would need to be formatted.

LineageOS 19.1/Android 12 usability fixes:
For those wanting to disable the widely disliked taskbar
(the grey bar at the bottom with the 3 navigation buttons and shortcuts for apps docked at the launcher): Instructions for doing so are in the first section of my post here.
For enabling lockscreen rotation: Instructions for doing so are in my post here.
For those needing Google apps: Do not use heavy Google apps packages, as otherwise, you WILL have severe performance issues. Instead, use the most minimal variant of your chosen package. For example, for OpenGapps (no longer maintained officially with no Android 12L packages, so use @ipdev's latest unofficial build available here), that is the pico variant, and for NikGapps (note that it now seems to more often be problematic, probably better using something else), that is the core variant.
Note that MindTheGapps, a minimal Google apps package suggested but not supported by Lineage with only one variant available, downloadable here, is also an option for Google apps.

Downloads:
Note: While these builds are mainly intended to be used on the WiFi-only variants of these devices, they can be installed and used on LTE variants if you can go without mobile networking (of course), GPS and vibration.
I'm only going to try getting builds up for the LTE variants if I get one in the future. Trying to do so without direct access to an LTE variant device is very difficult and not really feasible (as I've realized after thinking in much more depth about it since thinking I'd be able to do so without an LTE variant device a long time ago).

For SM-T580/gtaxlwifi:

Latest build from 20220824 (with security patch level 20220805): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TU9fFHwuxb8yB6HpfPXNP974Wu1dw0gQ/
Folder for builds (which contains text files with MD5 and SHA256 checksums for the latest build, and a folder containing previous builds): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1S3NRiTP2jr9gRtSMKoKoaoMu75g_FJM4

For the T580, the latest official TWRP build from here should be used. If installing a build for the T580 to the LTE variant, with model SM-T585 and codename gtaxllte, keeping in mind some functionality will of course be missing as described in my note, the latest official TWRP build for gtaxllte from here can also be used.

For SM-P580/gtanotexlwifi:
Latest build from 20220824 (with security patch level 20220805): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kLy3M4h76L1JN0jX1C7piyPoS4Af78BS/
Folder for builds (which contains text files with MD5 and SHA256 checksums for the latest build, and a folder containing previous builds): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11pcp9NZf0ovelvT7oxfhoem6-utpSao8

For the P580, I've made unofficial TWRP builds from an updated device tree and the same kernel sources used for these LineageOS builds that must be used.
Download link for an image of my latest TWRP build: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TAFLVpxdYQNvfvUPS_BGKx3imphR1Wd2/
Download link for a tar archive containing it for installation via Odin in the AP slot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ay55ntZj7Uptzm--hiCaeG1C5lamQ1fG/

Changelogs:
Releases for 20220824:
  • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20220805 Android security updates, and a fix for "Intent Filter Verification Service" crashes that occurred in few/some cases with no Google apps or with MicroG.
  • Some things that appeared that are only relevant for devices with mobile networking (such as the baseband version and SIM status sections in About tablet in settings) no longer appear.
  • The ZRAM size has been increased to 2GiB, and the swappiness is now set to 100.
  • A higher frequency (1246MHz, was 902MHz previously) is now set for the interactive CPU governors "hispeed_freq" value - This improves responsiveness slightly.
  • The sepolicy containing device-specific SELinux rules has been improved slightly.
  • Yet more miscellaneous cleanups have been done.
  • Some updates from the 4.9 Android common kernel have been applied to the kernel.
Previous releases:
Releases for 20220724:
  • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20220705 Android security updates.
  • Some updates from the 4.9 Android common kernel have been applied to the kernel.
Releases for 20220620:
  • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20220605 Android security updates.
  • Network traffic monitoring now works (as some changes reverting the removal of the old, non-eBPF, method of doing it that the old 3.18 kernel only supports have been applied, thanks to @rINanDO for them!).
  • One of Lineage's changes to the default keyboard, likely to be causing a problem where the keyboard appears full screen with no keys in very few cases, has been reverted.
  • Many updates from the 4.9 Android common kernel, and some from a few other sources, have been applied to the kernel.
  • The issue where trying to power off, or reboot to recovery or download mode, would sometimes cause a normal reboot has been fixed.
  • A small fix to the kernel has been applied that fixes occasional soft reboots, that were caused by a change I made a very long time ago that had only started causing such soft rebooting problems with Android 12.
Releases for 20220523:
  • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20220505 Android security updates and an option for disabling the taskbar.
  • The problem where enabling the "Enable on-screen nav bar" option at Settings -> System -> Buttons caused touchscreen input to be disabled has been fixed.
  • Native support for IPsec tunnels has been enabled.
  • Support for Vulkan compute is now declared.
  • A new custom version of the open source Samsung audio HAL from Lineage's android_hardware_samsung repository is now used, rather than the stock, heavily-patched, proprietary Samsung audio HAL, with some fixes for a problem that made it unusable before where occasionally, audio would get outputted from both the speakers and the headphone jack.
  • The playback and low-latency capture period sizes have been reduced to 128 in the open source audio HAL, which reduces audio latency.
  • Pro audio support is now declared, since with the reduced period sizes, as well as with the use of the open source audio HAL, round-trip audio latency has been reduced enough for it.
  • Many updates from the 4.9 Android common kernel have been applied to the kernel.
  • Several fixes to the Sony HID driver in the 4.9 Android common kernel have been ported over to the kernel - Sony DualShock 4 controllers should now work properly.
Initial releases for 20220416 (This changelog continues on from @followmsi's last 19.1 build that was intended for use by users):
  • Latest changes from LineageOS.
  • SELinux is now set to be enforcing after having addressed new SELinux denials with 12.
  • Assisted GPS has been fixed.
  • ADB is no longer enabled by default or on boot.
  • The tablet product characteristic has been added back after being mistakenly removed - Places where the device was referred to as a phone (such as the "About phone" section in settings) will now refer to it as a tablet again.
  • The Widevine DRM blobs have been updated to 1.4 blobs from the latest stock firmware for the Google Pixel 3a XL.
  • A new wcnss_filter binary built from sources is now used to properly fix an issue where Bluetooth couldn't be re-enabled after enabling and disabling it once, and the old workaround for it has been removed.
  • Some other miscellaneous cleanups have been done.
  • There are a few updates from the 4.9 Android common kernel and Samsung's A600FNXXU9CVB1 kernel sources to the kernel.
  • An issue where the displays backlight would be turned off completely when setting very low brightnesses, causing nothing to be visible on the display (unless very faintly if you shine a torch or something on it), has been fixed.

Known issues and workarounds (if any):
Issue 1: Camera previews for images to be taken at resolutions with aspect ratios other than 16:9 using the rear camera are squashed from 16:9 (while final saved images at any resolution are unaffected by any squashing), and videos taken at some resolutions are affected by similar issues with squashing in previews, and, in a smaller set of resolutions, also in final saved video files. (Note that these issues don't affect the front-facing camera)
Somewhat of a workaround to issue 1: Use resolutions at which there are no issues with squashing from 16:9.

Something notable is that currently, with Android 12, encrypted data can't be decrypted in TWRP recovery. That problem can only be fixed within TWRP, so we'll need to wait for an update to TWRP which fixes it. (Considering there hasn't been a fix as of 20220903, I suppose it most likely won't ever happen.)

To report further issues, get a log from logcat and dmesg. If you're unsure on how to get either, there's good documentation out there for how to do so.

Sources:
A manifest containing all of the necessary repositories to make a build for either the T580 or P580 is in this repository on branch lineage-19.1: https://github.com/TALUAtGitHub/gtaxlwifi-manifests

Starting from my initial 19.1 build, a new common tree setup, with new gtaxl common device and vendor trees, along with new gtaxlwifi and gtanotexlwifi device and vendor trees to use with them, is used to create builds. Before, the gtaxlwifi device tree was a standalone tree, and the gtanotexlwifi device tree was a complete copy of it with changes for the P580 on top, meaning a lot of stuff was duplicated between them. With such new setup, that duplication no longer exists, and build times when building builds for both the T580 and P580, one after the other, are massively decreased.
18.1 builds for 20220423 onwards are also built with that setup, only without changes for Android 12.

Thanks to:
  • @Valera1978 - for all of the previous work for the T580 (and T585) long ago.
  • @followmsi - for fixes to various issues and other improvements, for useful information, and for working with me on much of this stuff.
  • Anyone who has previously tested anything new I've put up for testing, reported results, and gave details for me to get it working if it was necessary.
  • The Lineage team - for the Android distribution itself.
  • ...and everyone else who has worked on anything that is in use.

This is LineageOS 19.1, which is based on Android 12, for the WiFi-only variants of the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" (2016), with model SM-T580 and codename gtaxlwifi, and the Galaxy Tab A 10.1" (2016) with S-Pen, with model SM-P580 and codename gtanotexlwifi. LineageOS doesn't need much of an introduction - It's a well-known custom firmware/Android distribution.

As was the case with LineageOS 18.1, I've taken over maintaining 19.1 from @followmsi, and my 19.1 builds continue on from his 19.1 builds that were intended for use by users. To update from his builds, my builds can simply be installed on top of an existing install from his builds without doing anything further (or "dirty flashed").

For those running 18.1, or probably even 17.1, upgrading to 19.1 is possible through the procedure I've explained before here and here (except with 19.1/Android 12 and 18.1 rather than 18.1/Android 11 and 17.1 for that second post). I highly suggest backing up any important data before trying to upgrade. In the unlikely case the upgrade fails, and it doesn't boot, data would need to be formatted.

LineageOS 19.1/Android 12 usability fixes:
(the grey bar at the bottom with the 3 navigation buttons and shortcuts for apps docked at the launcher): Instructions for doing so are in the first section of my post here.
For enabling lockscreen rotation: Instructions for doing so are in my post here.
For those needing Google apps: Do not use heavy Google apps packages, as otherwise, you WILL have severe performance issues. Instead, use the most minimal variant of your chosen package. For example, for OpenGapps (no longer maintained officially with no Android 12L packages, so use @ipdev's latest unofficial build available here), that is the pico variant, and for NikGapps (note that it now seems to more often be problematic, probably better using something else), that is the core variant.
Note that MindTheGapps, a minimal Google apps package suggested but not supported by Lineage with only one variant available, downloadable here, is also an option for Google apps.

Downloads:
Note: While these builds are mainly intended to be used on the WiFi-only variants of these devices, they can be installed and used on LTE variants if you can go without mobile networking (of course), GPS and vibration.
I'm only going to try getting builds up for the LTE variants if I get one in the future. Trying to do so without direct access to an LTE variant device is very difficult and not really feasible (as I've realized after thinking in much more depth about it since thinking I'd be able to do so without an LTE variant device a long time ago).

For SM-T580/gtaxlwifi:

Latest build from 20220824 (with security patch level 20220805): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TU9fFHwuxb8yB6HpfPXNP974Wu1dw0gQ/
Folder for builds (which contains text files with MD5 and SHA256 checksums for the latest build, and a folder containing previous builds): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1S3NRiTP2jr9gRtSMKoKoaoMu75g_FJM4

For the T580, the latest official TWRP build from here should be used. If installing a build for the T580 to the LTE variant, with model SM-T585 and codename gtaxllte, keeping in mind some functionality will of course be missing as described in my note, the latest official TWRP build for gtaxllte from here can also be used.

For SM-P580/gtanotexlwifi:
Latest build from 20220824 (with security patch level 20220805): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kLy3M4h76L1JN0jX1C7piyPoS4Af78BS/
Folder for builds (which contains text files with MD5 and SHA256 checksums for the latest build, and a folder containing previous builds): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11pcp9NZf0ovelvT7oxfhoem6-utpSao8

For the P580, I've made unofficial TWRP builds from an updated device tree and the same kernel sources used for these LineageOS builds that must be used.
Download link for an image of my latest TWRP build: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TAFLVpxdYQNvfvUPS_BGKx3imphR1Wd2/
Download link for a tar archive containing it for installation via Odin in the AP slot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ay55ntZj7Uptzm--hiCaeG1C5lamQ1fG/

Changelogs:
Releases for 20220824:
  • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20220805 Android security updates, and a fix for "Intent Filter Verification Service" crashes that occurred in few/some cases with no Google apps or with MicroG.
  • Some things that appeared that are only relevant for devices with mobile networking (such as the baseband version and SIM status sections in About tablet in settings) no longer appear.
  • The ZRAM size has been increased to 2GiB, and the swappiness is now set to 100.
  • A higher frequency (1246MHz, was 902MHz previously) is now set for the interactive CPU governors "hispeed_freq" value - This improves responsiveness slightly.
  • The sepolicy containing device-specific SELinux rules has been improved slightly.
Previous releases:
Releases for 20220724:
  • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20220705 Android security updates.
Releases for 20220620:
  • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20220605 Android security updates.
  • Network traffic monitoring now works (as some changes reverting the removal of the old, non-eBPF, method of doing it that the old 3.18 kernel only supports have been applied, thanks to @rINanDO for them!).
  • One of Lineage's changes to the default keyboard, likely to be causing a problem where the keyboard appears full screen with no keys in very few cases, has been reverted.
  • Many updates from the 4.9 Android common kernel, and some from a few other sources, have been applied to the kernel.
  • The issue where trying to power off, or reboot to recovery or download mode, would sometimes cause a normal reboot has been fixed.
  • A small fix to the kernel has been applied that fixes occasional soft reboots, that were caused by a change I made a very long time ago that had only started causing such soft rebooting problems with Android 12.
Releases for 20220523:
  • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20220505 Android security updates and an option for disabling the taskbar.
  • The problem where enabling the "Enable on-screen nav bar" option at Settings -> System -> Buttons caused touchscreen input to be disabled has been fixed.
  • A new custom version of the open source Samsung audio HAL from Lineage's android_hardware_samsung repository is now used, rather than the stock, heavily-patched, proprietary Samsung audio HAL, with some fixes for a problem that made it unusable before where occasionally, audio would get outputted from both the speakers and the headphone jack.
  • The playback and low-latency capture period sizes have been reduced to 128 in the open source audio HAL, which reduces audio latency.
  • Pro audio support is now declared, since with the reduced period sizes, as well as with the use of the open source audio HAL, round-trip audio latency has been reduced enough for it.
  • Many updates from the 4.9 Android common kernel have been applied to the kernel.
  • Several fixes to the Sony HID driver in the 4.9 Android common kernel have been ported over to the kernel - Sony DualShock 4 controllers should now work properly.
Initial releases for 20220416 (This changelog continues on from @followmsi's last 19.1 build that was intended for use by users):
  • SELinux is now set to be enforcing after having addressed new SELinux denials with 12.
  • The tablet product characteristic has been added back after being mistakenly removed - Places where the device was referred to as a phone (such as the "About phone" section in settings) will now refer to it as a tablet again.
  • The Widevine DRM blobs have been updated to 1.4 blobs from the latest stock firmware for the Google Pixel 3a XL.
  • A new wcnss_filter binary built from sources is now used to properly fix an issue where Bluetooth couldn't be re-enabled after enabling and disabling it once, and the old workaround for it has been removed.
  • There are a few updates from the 4.9 Android common kernel and Samsung's A600FNXXU9CVB1 kernel sources to the kernel.
  • An issue where the displays backlight would be turned off completely when setting very low brightnesses, causing nothing to be visible on the display (unless very faintly if you shine a torch or something on it), has been fixed.

Known issues and workarounds (if any):
Issue 1: Camera previews for images to be taken at resolutions with aspect ratios other than 16:9 using the rear camera are squashed from 16:9 (while final saved images at any resolution are unaffected by any squashing), and videos taken at some resolutions are affected by similar issues with squashing in previews, and, in a smaller set of resolutions, also in final saved video files. (Note that these issues don't affect the front-facing camera)
Somewhat of a workaround to issue 1: Use resolutions at which there are no issues with squashing from 16:9.

Something notable is that currently, with Android 12, encrypted data can't be decrypted in TWRP recovery. That problem can only be fixed within TWRP, so we'll need to wait for an update to TWRP which fixes it. (Considering there hasn't been a fix as of 20220903, I suppose it most likely won't ever happen.)

To report further issues, get a log from logcat and dmesg. If you're unsure on how to get either, there's good documentation out there for how to do so.

Sources:
A manifest containing all of the necessary repositories to make a build for either the T580 or P580 is in this repository on branch lineage-19.1: https://github.com/TALUAtGitHub/gtaxlwifi-manifests

Starting from my initial 19.1 build, a new common tree setup, with new gtaxl common device and vendor trees, along with new gtaxlwifi and gtanotexlwifi device and vendor trees to use with them, is used to create builds. Before, the gtaxlwifi device tree was a standalone tree, and the gtanotexlwifi device tree was a complete copy of it with changes for the P580 on top, meaning a lot of stuff was duplicated between them. With such new setup, that duplication no longer exists, and build times when building builds for both the T580 and P580, one after the other, are massively decreased.
18.1 builds for 20220423 onwards are also built with that setup, only without changes for Android 12.

Thanks to:
  • @Valera1978 - for all of the previous work for the T580 (and T585) long ago.
  • @followmsi - for fixes to various issues and other improvements, for useful information, and for working with me on much of this stuff.
  • Anyone who has previously tested anything new I've put up for testing, reported results, and gave details for me to get it working if it was necessary.
Just want to say thanx.....Great Rom brought new life to my t580 and android 12! runs great no issues

bbscal67

Oct 9, 2019
Just want to say thanx.....Great Rom brought new life to my t580 and android 12! runs great no issues

first time posting think i posted in wrong area

h3cat3

Feb 21, 2019
... short addition: if 8.1.0 is not the latest stock build (what I don't know at the moment) I would recommend firstly to update within the stock rom in order to receive the latest firmware before flashing a custom rom.

I received this recommendation from the developer when I switched to his rom
I flashed without looking at updates is there a way to check the firmware version ?

K9100ii

Nov 8, 2018
New builds for 20220929

Downloads:
For SM-T580/gtaxlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15D5tDk91Xk1zS8GHhdW8tQ_qx8ndPrfE/
For SM-P580/gtanotexlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EwsZjA842T9otCInkxQYHADDkw7N8UTK/

Changelog:

• Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20220905 Android security updates.
  • The torch has been fixed.
  • Performance of animations and responsiveness has been improved slightly.
  • [SM-P580/gtanotexlwifi only, already fixed in T580 builds long ago] An issue where the displays backlight would be turned off completely when setting very low brightnesses, causing nothing to be visible on the display (unless very faintly if you shine a torch or a different bright light source on it), has been fixed.
  • The WiFi drivers RX wakelock feature has been disabled - Heavy battery drain that occurred in sleep when connected to certain WiFi networks due to "qcom_rx_wakelock" wakelocks has been fixed.
Later than usual with these builds due to yet more busyness. Will definitely try getting the next ones released earlier than usual.
Nevertheless, just so managed to get several fixes into these, enjoy.

Last edited:

yann-kaelig

Aug 31, 2022
Thank you TALUAtXDA

How to verify the sha256 checksum of the file:
1) Install OpenHashTab ( FOSS )
2) Download the archive file
3) Download the hash file ( First post )
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1S3NRiTP2jr9gRtSMKoKoaoMu75g_FJM4
3b) Rename the file by removing the .txt extension ( Should end with .sha256 extension )
4) Right click on the archive and select [Hashe]
5) Click on the small wheel ( Select [x] Look for sumfiles next to files being hashed )
6) Close and right click again on the archive and select [Hashe]
Hash Background Green = Match

Important: Verify the sum on download and after a copy on the SDCARD

Last edited:

RomanL80

Sep 30, 2022
I am the owner of t585. Installed crDroid 6.7 on it without Google services! In principle, I am satisfied, everything flies! The only bug is not finding satellites! Therefore, I am ready to be a beta tester of the 11th or 12th android, since there is no desire to return to the stock, but navigation is still needed!

Sycorax25

Oct 1, 2022
Have the same problems with the satellites. But yet since the August update. September update did not change anything. Everything else absolutely Fine! It is the t580 with Google Services.

Update: reinstalled the Rom. Now GPS works... Needed some time to find the satellites but it did. Don't know why. 😁
Great rom! Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Reactions: ipdev

yann-kaelig

Aug 31, 2022
Installation went off without a hitch ( From a stock rom android 8.1 on SM-T580 ).
It works really well, very responsive and overall I have nothing to complain about appart one thing. The rounded corners are way too rounded. It's horrible and so counterproductive that I started to search where and how to change the radius value from the code source. There should be an option at least with 3 values: small - medium - large ( the default as now ).

Otherwise, once again, many thanks to all for this work.

OlliTausOB

Jan 29, 2022
New builds for 20220929

Downloads:
For SM-T580/gtaxlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15D5tDk91Xk1zS8GHhdW8tQ_qx8ndPrfE/
For SM-P580/gtanotexlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EwsZjA842T9otCInkxQYHADDkw7N8UTK/

Changelog:

• Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20220905 Android security updates.
  • [SM-P580/gtanotexlwifi only, already fixed in T580 builds long ago] An issue where the displays backlight would be turned off completely when setting very low brightnesses, causing nothing to be visible on the display (unless very faintly if you shine a torch or a different bright light source on it), has been fixed.
  • The WiFi drivers RX wakelock feature has been disabled - Heavy battery drain that occurred in sleep when connected to certain WiFi networks due to "qcom_rx_wakelock" wakelocks has been fixed.
Later than usual with these builds due to yet more busyness. Will definitely try getting the next ones released earlier than usual.
Thanks a lot for this ROM! It works perfectly on my T-580. Fast and no issues! Greetings Oliver

Reactions: ipdev

vstrecker

Sep 10, 2018
Salzburg
New builds for 20220929

Downloads:

Changelog:

Thank you for it! Running great on the 585 i updated! For the 585 of my wife I still hope that somebody will add SIM/LTE to the ROM to be able to use mobile data.

dannieboiz

Mar 8, 2007
Coming from 19.0 tried to dirty upgrade and got the animation loop, did an advance wipe of everything and installed again with no gapps and still getting the loop. Any idea what could be the issue?

AntiquePan

Oct 9, 2022
Thank you for the great rom, I´ve been using it since many months ago and it´s pretty fast and stable, except for one issue. I´ve tried to format two different SD cards in the SM-P580 version. The first one got corrupted and the tablet doesn´t recognize it anymore in settings. The second one formatted successfully as internal storage extension, but a few minutes after that, I tried to install LOL:WR and it showed an issue (I don´t remember exactly what it said) so I restarted the device. Then a message began to appear that said something that the SD card was not recognized. The tablet turned very laggy, the files app didn´t load and the storage option took like 2 minutes to load. After these issues, I formatted the SD card as external storage and it works good. Am I doing something wrong or is it a rom issue? (Sorry if you don´t understand me, my main language is spanish)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now for LineageOS 20.0

In this post, alongside download links, I'll detail inconveniences and breakages for existing installations, for before installing any 20.0+ builds. In any case, upgrading will also need a full format of the data partition and adoptable storage, alongside backups of data.

Please read this post in full detail before deciding to upgrade - Staying for now with 19.1 may be the better option. Download links are right at the end.

First of all, in summary, if you:
    • Don't want to wipe your data and also wipe adoptable storage right now
    • Want something currently supported by myself
    • Want working network monitoring (mainly data usage stats and app internet access blocking)
    • Don't like File-Based Encryption
    then avoid upgrading to 20.0! 19.1 builds will continue to be supported until security updates for 12L are stopped.

On FBE: If for some reason you don't want it, you may manually disable it for your own personal usage, provided you understand that you lower your security and break adoptable storage. When 20.0+ will be supported, this will be an unsupported setup.
    Also, please do not share methods for disabling it in this thread! When providing support in the future, it could make my life more difficult!

In full detail, what's actually going on with 20.0 and newer?

• File-Based Encryption (FBE)
      • On Android 12L and previous, another encryption scheme, Full-Disk Encryption (FDE), was in use. This was optional (you could enable it if you like). It was removed in Android 13 onwards.
      • FBE works differently to FDE. With that, the most important difference here is that it must be enabled within builds. It can't be left disabled by default and left for users to enable later.
      • So, either no one has it or everyone has it, unless someone manually enables it, and also on every update. There are no choices.
      • This also means data will need to be formatted for existing installations.
    • Adoptable storage (using micro SD cards as internal storage)
      • Adoptable storage is always encrypted, and was based on FDE before. Since its removal, it now must always be based on FBE.
      • Due to how FDE worked, it could be possible to have internal storage not encrypted but also have adoptable storage working atop of FDE, it just wasn't secure.
      • Now, FBE must be enabled on internal storage (data) for adoptable storage to work at all.
      • These changes mean adoptable storage based on FDE must be formatted after upgrading.
    • Non-working network monitoring
      • Due to the kernel not having a necessary level of support for something called 'eBPF', we can't have support for networking monitoring on Android 13+.
      • With Android 12L, we have patches to bring back old support for network monitoring without eBPF. There is no such thing for 13+.
      • Details aside - This means, mainly, no working data usage stats, internet access blocking for apps, or download and upload speed monitoring.
      • With data usage statistics not working, this mainly affects LTE variant users. You could be fine on a WiFi-only variant if, say, you don't want to block internet access to apps.
    On FBE and adoptable storage, I know adoptable storage has some popularity especially on these tablets with 16GB of storage. So, while I'm not sure what overall reception will be, I've prioritized overall usability, alongside also having better security by default (unless, of course, FBE is manually disabled).

Update methods with FBE
    For convenience. Initial installation is exactly the same as usual - Though there are special TWRP builds that are necessary, links below.
    1. Micro SD card or USB-OTG - Best if not using adoptable storage
    Simply place new builds on any external storage with enough available space, and install from there.

2. Transfer builds to an unencrypted location with root - Best if using adoptable storage
    With FBE, not everything is actually encrypted. We have at least two unencrypted locations - /data itself and /data/unencrypted. If you have root access, via Magisk (or Lygisk), or ADB, you can transfer and install builds and other packages there.
    1. Obtain root acess (Install Magisk).
    2. Install a third-party file manager that can browse root and use root access. Grant it root access.
    3. Download and move a build to either of those locations.
    4. Boot into recovery, and update from whichever location as usual.

3. Failsafe - Use ADB sideload
    I'd hope you have a computer with a working installation of ADB. If you do, you can just go to Advanced -> ADB sideload in recovery, and run on your computer:
    Code:
    adb sideload [path_to_build]
    replacing path_to_build with an actual path to a build (or package).

I hope that has all been enough to make a decision on if to upgrade or not (now anyway).

I don't know of any further bugs from what's described and existing bugs/issues with 19.1 builds.

Changelogs
    Builds for 20240330:
    • Random rebooting issues, due to a bug in HWC, have been fixed.
    • DRM is now working.
    Previous releases
    Builds for 20240323:
    • Initial builds.

Build downloads - Built on 20240330, all with security patch level 20240305
    For gtaxlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WT49HtsQf_CAEtGpKp-f7SgvBsCrNicF
    For gtaxllte:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ClTLRRWrgpx2DEeAif_VTFImksDO8erZ
    For gtanotexlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12UFw1-ZAHW7GQ2jp6bFArSshVKpYwqzG
    For gtanotexllte: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1daQn_RHCsyWsTDSTNEn9kCEHJFZTi5j9

Folder for builds

This contains folders for each device variant, with current builds, text files with SHA256 checksums, and further folders which will contain few previous builds.

Recoveries to use
    Use my unofficial "special" TWRP builds:
    For gtaxlwifi: Image here, tar for Odin for AP slot is here.
    For gtaxllte: Image here, tar for Odin here.
    For gtanotexlwifi: Image here, tar for Odin here.
    For gtanotexllte: Image here, tar for Odin here.

These are Android 13+-specific builds that have FBE decryption support disabled due to hanging on the splash screen, and so must be used. Not even official builds will work.

As always, note in general that any other recoveries are completely unsupported and not recommended whatsoever.

Sources
    A manifest containing all of the necessary repositories to make builds for all of the variants is in the repository here on branch lineage-20.0.
    Huge post aside, next will be LineageOS 21.0, since finished up with 20.0 (which is also incremental work). I will look at it after Lineage merges QPR2 changes.

As far as I know, the situation should look the same as 20.0.

...except that there apparently were/are graphical performance issues on 21.0 on lower end devices for some reason. I'm not sure what it will look like when I try it. I'll just have to see later.
    I believe I've found, and have a fix for, the bug that causes random reboots with my LineageOS 20.0 builds.

I'm now testing, with my T580 playing a video on a loop as I type this, and will publish my fix later.

In short, the bug was a pretty bad one in our HWC1 sources due to an oversight by someone at Samsung. I imported those HWC1 sources, alongside other legacy stuff, from older Android 10 BSP sources to newer BSP sources intended for Android 13, which are in use for my 20.0 builds. In those same Android 13 sources, there are other huge external changes related to OMX hardware codecs. The huge HWC1 bug only became massively visible because of those huge OMX changes.

After I've tested and published my fix, I'll release new 20.0 builds hopefully within the next two days (if not today).

I will also apply the bug fix for my 19.1 builds - While the bug wasn't visible there, it should still improve stability in extreme usage. Technically also, there should be slightly better efficiency from my fix (whatever it could mean in the real world).
    New LineageOS 20.0 builds with random soft reboots and DRM fixed are up. Download links replaced here.

Have had my T580 playing a video on loop with the fix for the past few hours, looks okay, no soft reboots.

Enjoy.
    With 20 I was not much satisfied on my Samsung Galaxy S7s.
    But with 21 I am really happy on my S7s.
    When you work a while with 21, you will see, that 21 is really the better one.
    I dont know why this is so, but 21 is the most smootest LineageOS I ever had used...
    LOS 20 is more smooth and snappier. All is working fine.
    I think LOS 21 will be more better than LOS 20. It was so on all my other devices. Waiting for LOS 21.
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves - Me suggesting that there might be performance issues is based on actual observations from different, newer lower end Exynos devices, where 20.0 was also fine (and yes, it is smoother on these devices indeed) but 21.0 turned out to be worse.

We cannot project results on better, more performant devices, like the S7's, to these much lower end devices (which also came out as low-to-mid-range devices at the time of the S7's). It could be that Google managed to somehow make it all perform better and look smoother at the cost of using more hardware resources, or something.

It is most wise to see that, on similar devices with environments more alike, there were issues, and there could be issues to an extent on these devices.

If it will actually be fine, with no or a small hit, nice, but it doesn't mean there's no good in speculating there could be some performance shaved off, based again on real observations, and that it remains to be seen by myself.

It's simply safer and better to be more careful with expectations.

Extras:
    One set of devices that apparently had issues were Exynos 7904 devices. Apparently also, the performance issues went away after an upgrade of HWC2 sources. If there are issues here, we're stuck, since we're stranded with the same old HWC1 implementation, and might not have enough HW resources to bruteforce through slowness. But again, it's to be seen.

Meanwhile, I do know of some small HWC issue, where we've got 4 HWC layers but weirdly only 1 or 2 layers are typically used at any time. As far as I can tell, Android 14 makes more use of HWC layers, and depends more on the HWC implementation working properly - That could all make things a little worse off here.

After 5 hours on the rom its smooth many bugs was in 19.1 llike system crash when openning wifi on or off its fixed probably cuz of A13
    Waiting for Los21 it will be amazing
    I have no idea of the "many bugs" you speak of. I consider that, on most devices, 19.1 is "production ready".

I have no idea also about those WiFI crashes, unless there was some ultra weird Google apps issue or other modification messing with the system overall that isn't present anymore.

All I know is that there's an issue with the WiFi driver, independent from whichever version of Android, where, rarely, WiFi cannot be enabled on a first try. That's due to strange MMC-related errors, that appear in kernel logs. I've had it extremely rarely on 19.1, and also before on LineageOS 18.1.

Are there any custom overclocking kernel for the tab-t585-580? I have really low performance even without google services, maybe overclocking the CPU can solve it
    No, and I wouldn't support any such kernels anyway.

The CPU is already safely overclocked from 1.586GHz stock to 1.69GHz. No overclock of something like a further 100MHz (as could only truly be feasible) could improve performance in any noticeable way.

Either, there actually are more ways you can lighten up your system (though I don't have suggestions, not knowing anything about your setup), or you've got a lot of intolerance for any slowness that shows up at all, which is normal if you're too used to other faster devices.

Either way though, we can only work within hardware limitations, and I think I've done my best.
    This is LineageOS 19.1, which is based on Android 12L, for variants of the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" (2016), which have models and codenames as follows:
    • SM-T580, with codename gtaxlwifi
    • SM-T585, with codename gtaxllte, along with SM-T585N0, SM-T585C, and SM-T587 (not SM-T587P)
    • SM-P580, with codename gtanotexlwifi, along with SM-P583
    • SM-P585, with codename gtanotexllte, along with SM-P585M, SM-P585Y, SM-P585N0, and SM-P588C
    LineageOS doesn't need much of an introduction - It's a well-known custom firmware/Android distribution.

For LineageOS 20.0 - Go here

Some useful information only for devices from China (Never any others!) (SM-P583, SM-T585C, SM-P588C, and SM-T580 on the CHN CSC code for China) - For unlocking the bootloader before installation, an app, "CROM Service", would need to be opened and the prompt from it accepted so that it can be unlocked, after enabling the "OEM unlock" setting in developer options. It should be available from the Galaxy Store, although I can't be 100% sure about it. In any case, an APK for it should be easy to find.

Also, for those running 18.1 or 17.1, upgrading to 19.1 is possible through the procedure I've explained before here and here. Mentioned Android/Lineage versions are different, but the steps still apply. I highly suggest backing up any important data before trying to upgrade. In the unlikely case the upgrade fails, and it doesn't boot, data would need to be formatted.

LineageOS 19.1/Android 12 usability fixes
    For those needing Google apps: Do not use heavy Google apps packages, as otherwise, you WILL have severe performance issues. Instead, use the most minimal variant of your chosen package (core, pico...). Also, while mentioning that, make sure the package is 64-bit ARM (ARM64) and specifically, and only, for Android 12L.

You may look for Google app packages that others have had success using by searching the thread. Also worth considering is microG, which - if you can use and don't have anything depending strictly on having Google's own play services - will allow you to have additional resources (RAM mainly) that would otherwise be taken up by Google play services.

Build downloads - From 20240318, all with security patch level 20240305
    For gtaxlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-EDLBoeKl9UTx1ogcMl2QXD19d9KXItw
    For gtaxllte:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qQleL4pPhQKKYPoQs-XDIm_mfP3M91m-
    For gtanotexlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16mVkIU4qWFO5DoqfehzwbCaRcL8AY7hD
    For gtanotexllte: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T13orMDGEsb_QKo9fGy653jWEuAzgUZL

Recoveries to use

Use my unofficial TWRP builds:
    For gtaxlwifi: Image here, tar for Odin for AP slot is here.
    For gtaxllte: Image here, tar for Odin here.
    For gtanotexlwifi: Image here, tar for Odin here.
    For gtanotexllte: Image here, tar for Odin here.

Official TWRP builds also work. Lineage recovery images within builds as "recovery.img" do work as well, but only for installing packages from a micro SD card.

Note that any other recoveries are completely unsupported and not recommended whatsoever.

Folders for builds
    Along with current builds, these contain text files with SHA256 checksums for builds, and folders containing few previous builds.
    For gtaxlwifi: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1S3NRiTP2jr9gRtSMKoKoaoMu75g_FJM4
    For gtaxllte: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZFkGkVkIohsNFDi0jNF2-Yhz7Sbg5GT4
    For gtanotexlwifi: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11pcp9NZf0ovelvT7oxfhoem6-utpSao8
    For gtanotexllte: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1AICJ1UcnZ5a-slcgd-iGQ9mpk9J8Evmd

Changelogs
    Builds for 20240318:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20240305 Android security updates and changes for adding restrictive signature spoofing support only for microG, replacing the patches used before.
    • Lineage's charging control feature, which was ported for LineageOS 19.1, has been enabled.
    • Some security patches have been applied to the kernel.
    Previous releases
    Builds for 20240221:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20240205 Android security updates.
    • Long standing issues with microphone volume for video recordings being low have been fixed.
    • Lineage's FlipFlap has been removed - Not necessary, and all its options are now either non-functional or irrelevant.
    • A few security patches have been applied to the kernel.
    Builds for 20231213:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, with manually applied 20231205 Android security updates (from the S_asb_2023-12 topic on Lineage's gerrit site).
    • Recently introduced audio issues, and hopefully also all audio issues on revision 7 gtaxllte tablets, should now be fixed.
    Builds for 20231013:
    • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the (important) 20231006 Android security updates.
    • Audio issues should hopefully be fixed on "exotic" hardware revision 7 T585 devices.
    • A few security fixes have been applied to the kernel.
    • Some fixes have been applied to the Sony, xpad, and Apple HID kernel drivers.
    • Sony's upstream hid-playstation driver has been backported for DualSense controller support.
    Builds for 20230824:
    • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20230805 Android security updates.
    • [WiFi-only variant specific] 120+ MB of RAM has been freed for usage. (It was previously pointlessly reserved and so wasn't even reported as available.)
    • Possible slight graphical performance improvement? I honestly can't tell.
    Builds for 20230720 and 20230722 (LTE variants only):
    • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20230705 Android security updates.
    • Call audio over Bluetooth has been fixed (with an additional fix for Bluetooth calls in 20230722 builds).
    • On tablets with different models for different regions, the correct model number should now be set and displayed in "About tablet" in settings.
    • [LTE variants only] RIL blobs have been updated from Samsung's A305GUBU8CWE3 firmware.
    • Booting and sensors issues fixed for revision 7 gtaxllte devices (exclusive to 2020 students in Egypt) - Audio issues remain (see issue 5 under issues section).
    • Many updates from the 4.14 Android common kernel, up to v4.14.320, and a few other small updates, have been applied to the kernel.
    Builds for 20230603:
    • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20230505 Android security updates.
    • Incomplete support for revision 7 gtaxllte devices, which were apparently exclusively for 2020 students in Egypt, has been added. (Note: Boot image here required for a change needed to boot on the 7th revision for the 20200603 build, the change will be included in all future builds making it unnecessary for them.)
    Builds for 20230419:
    • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20230405 Android security updates.
    • Linaro's new SLSI BSP (Board Support Package, containing sources for HWC and some other stuff) sources are now used - Much more up-to-date than the previously used sources, and there's possibly a small improvement in performance.
    • The OMX hardware video decoder and encoder libs are now built from the new Linaro BSP sources - With that, playback of HEVC videos is fixed in Chrome and other Chromium-based browsers.
    • Some updates from the 4.14 Android common kernel as of March have been applied to the kernel.
    • The wireguard kernel module has been added back - I silently removed it in the previous builds since it was unusable due to a now fixed device lockup bug that caused almost total unresponsiveness after enabling a wireguard VPN.
    Builds for 20230128:
    • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20230105 Android security updates.
    • [LTE variant-specific] Issues with mobile networking not working have been fixed.
    • [gtanotexllte-specific] Additional issues with bootlooping and rebooting during the boot animation have been fixed.
    • Open source aptX encoder libraries, from sources adapted from Qualcomm's recently upstreamed to AOSP open source code, are now used.
    Builds for 20221231 and 20230101:
    • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20221205 Android security updates.
    • Some more miscellaneous cleanups have been done.
    • Initial builds for gtaxllte and gtanotexllte.
    Builds for 20221127:
    • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20221105 Android security updates.
    Builds for 20221020:
    • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20221005 Android security updates.
    • Performance of animations has been improved slightly further.
    • Configuration files for media codecs and profiles have been updated from Samsung's M105FDDS4CVG1 firmware, and audio codec support might be improved slightly (as the Codec 2.0 media codec framework has been fixed and is now used).
    Builds for 20220929:
    Builds for 20220824:
    Builds for 20220724:
    Builds for 20220620:
    Builds for 20220523:
    Initial builds for 20220416 (This changelog continues on from @followmsi's last 19.1 build that was intended for use by users):
    • An issue where the displays backlight would be turned off completely when setting very low brightnesses, causing nothing to be visible on the display (unless very faintly if you shine a torch or a different bright light source on it), has been fixed.

Known issues and workarounds/fixes (if any)
    Issue 1 - Squashed (rear) camera previews, and videos at some resolutions: Camera previews for images to be taken at resolutions with aspect ratios other than 16:9 using the rear camera are squashed from 16:9 (while final saved images at any resolution are unaffected by any squashing), and videos taken at some resolutions are affected by similar issues with squashing in previews, and, in a smaller set of resolutions, also in final saved video files. (Note that these issues don't affect the front-facing camera)
    Somewhat of a workaround: Use resolutions at which there are no issues with squashing from 16:9.

Issue 2 - LTE variants - In-call echo: There may be echoing that can be heard by the person you're calling while using speakers.
    See my post here for more on this issue.

(Temporary) Issue 3 - APN issues on LTE variant devices - after installation of a proper LTE variant build on top of an installation previously from a WiFi-only build: On an LTE variant device, after installing a proper LTE variant build on top of an existing installation from a WiFi-only build, when going to APN settings, at Settings -> Network and Internet -> SIMs -> Access point names, an error is displayed that APN settings cannot be changed by the current user (or something similar).
    Fix: Tap the 3-dot menu at the top right, and select "Reset to default", and then select the relevant APN.

Issue 4 - LTE variants - No VoLTE (and VoWiFi) support: VoLTE, and likewise VoWiFi, currently cannot work on any Samsung devices due to Samsung's proprietary implementation in stock firmwares not working on AOSP.

Issue 5 - Only on 7th revision gtaxllte devices which were exclusive to 2020 students in Egypt:
    Emphasizing the exclusivity of the 7th revision - You'll likely know if you have such a gtaxllte/SM-T585 device by it!
    If you want to be sure, run this command in a terminal app (such as Termux) or ADB shell on Samsung's stock firmware, which will return "7" if you have a revision 7 tablet - getprop ro.boot.hardware.revision
    If you don't, you won't have this issue:

As headphones are plugged in, and audio is played from speakers, audio will be outputted from both headphones and the speakers. After a few seconds of pausing any audio, there won't be any audio output at all.
    This issue can apparently somehow be bypassed by using audio effects apps, such as Viper4Android. Real fix for things to work properly without anything extra is desirable but not yet known.

Hopefully gone with the 20231213 gtaxllte build onwards. Apparently not, sadly.

Something notable is that with Android 12, encrypted data can't be decrypted in TWRP recovery. That problem can only be fixed within TWRP, but with the fixes only being in Android 12L TWRP sources, which we can't build our TWRP builds from due to issues, it continues to exist.

Sources
    A manifest containing all of the necessary repositories to make builds for all of the variants is in the repository here on branch lineage-19.1.

Thanks to:
    • @Valera1978 - for all of the previous work for the T580 and T585 long ago.
    • @followmsi - for previously working with me on much of this stuff.
    • Anyone who has previously tested anything new I've put up for testing, reported results, and provided information needed for me to get it working if it was necessary.
    New builds for 20230419

Downloads:
    For gtaxlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HYynOu6aGNBjYQ4Xa2PgV3bfFV_MNkfX/
    For gtaxllte:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KgsUF_S2mUKAz7_vlHc8-EriN0MeGIlT/
    For gtanotexlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i-Ixj9H0CXqFOmgL4pArds2c2DtliDEI/
    For gtanotexllte: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_JC0PrPNPWSjzuAbZHPYwBfQwNmm_G19/

Changelog:

• Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20230405 Android security updates.
    • Linaro's new SLSI BSP (Board Support Package, containing sources for HWC and some other stuff) sources are now used - Much more up-to-date than the previously used sources, and there's possibly a small improvement in performance.
    • The OMX hardware video decoder and encoder libs are now built from the new Linaro BSP sources - With that, playback of HEVC videos is fixed in Chrome and other Chromium-based browsers.
    • Some updates from the 4.14 Android common kernel as of March have been applied to the kernel.
    • The wireguard kernel module has been added back - I silently removed it in the previous builds since it was unusable due to a now fixed device lockup bug that caused almost total unresponsiveness after enabling a wireguard VPN.
    Wow, I didn't notice how long I really left this stuff for.

Anyway, some nice improvements in these builds.
    The kernel updates are behind by a month due to... yep, a lack of time and other previously mentioned reasons. As always, I'll try getting them in at some point later. I'm really hoping these don't become unsustainable, keeping up and trying to defy that the 3.18 kernel is no longer maintained upstream since a really long while is certainly becoming more difficult.

In any case, enjoy.
    Since I haven't posted anything for weeks now, I thought I'd give an update.

With me being yet more busy, and things constantly changing, and health issues on top (though don't worry about me), I haven't had much time to work on this stuff much.

Within my sources, I've fixed a bug, and applied kernel updates, but haven't had any real opportunities to release any new builds. I should be able to get around to getting new builds out in the next week or so.

I don't really have time to reply to much of anything at the moment, so if there is anything to reply to, I'll be leaving replies for later.
    New builds for 20230720

Downloads:
    For gtaxlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lrTWHdZc8N3_QU5z9unqzdf8vwHfTs0r/
    For gtaxllte:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vI87QfvD4SiYZILrscebKzakM_eYbYlM/
    For gtanotexlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19qlw6psNakFs2CQOXJvGwT1yrNhB9Vg7/
    For gtanotexllte: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1usokOmctg3-OrXLjQvzhDJLwOaqXW_3f/

Changelog:

• Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20230705 Android security updates.
    • Call audio over Bluetooth has been fixed.
    • On tablets with different models for different regions, the correct model number should now be set and displayed in "About tablet" in settings.
    • [LTE variants only] RIL blobs have been updated from Samsung's A305GUBU8CWE3 firmware.
    • Booting and sensors issues fixed for revision 7 gtaxllte devices (exclusive to 2020 students in Egypt) - Audio issues remain.
    • Many updates from the 4.14 Android common kernel, up to v4.14.320, and a few other small updates, have been applied to the kernel.
    Finally got decent amounts of time to get some meaningful releases.

Since the correct model numbers on devices with different ones for different regions should now be set, in case that doesn't happen for anyone, do report that.

Enjoy.
    New builds for 20221127

Downloads:
    For SM-T580/gtaxlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jd9kC8SoJH3Jba2YT_7K3qEB7QG27MMR/
    For SM-P580/gtanotexlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V_lE-ehNIvD2q-B6bbz119pjwFq92fOk/

Changelog:

• Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20221105 Android security updates.
    Being yet more busy than usual, and also conveniently having had a hardware failure to deal with, yep, quite late again with these builds, and unfortunately with no kernel updates. Should be able to bring them in for the next builds, though.

As for LineageOS 20.0, I've still yet to get around to working on it.
    While it certainly is possible, sadly, there most likely won't ever be any possibilities for getting network traffic monitoring (used specifically for data usage statistics, network download/upload speed monitoring...) working under Android 13. (For 12.1, support for the old, non-eBPF method for it was removed, however, we have changes to revert the removal and bring it back since our old 3.18 kernel only supports it and doesn't support eBPF. It certainly seems like we won't have changes to bring it back on 13, and unfortunately, it doesn't look like there will ever be eBPF backports for 3.18.)

Nevertheless, for the meantime, enjoy.