LineageOS 19.1(+) for SM-T580 (gtaxlwifi), SM-T585 (gtaxllte), SM-P580 (gtanotexlwifi), and SM-P585* (gtanotexllte)

Search This thread

Tamhvm

Apr 8, 2011
Medellín
juan-garcia.net
I noticed also something weird related to that - recalling now that you mention it: I can connect to WPA2/WPA3-mixed mode network (Fritz!Box 7490 on latest firmware) but it shows up on the P580 as WPA/WPA2-mixed mode. But OK, it shows also up as WPA/WPA2/WPA3 on my OnePlus 7T ... so, not sure what the relevance of this label is.
In my case, it just flat out doesn't want to connect to that WiFi, after a couple of minutes I get an error toast on screen ("Failed to connect to network").
Had to go to my router (OpenWrt ftw) and downgrade the network config from WPA2-PSK/WPA3-SAE Mixed Mode (strong security) to WPA2-PSK (strong security), for the tablet to connect to it.

May 13, 2014
Hi everyone. Im on LINEAGE 19.1 20220724 for gtanotexlwifi and everything works fine. Im trying to update it but in new versions do not work RECENT APPS BUTTON. I have tried both updated and cleaned installation and keep on failing. May you confirm this fail or may i doing something wrong?.

May anybody confirm its RECENT APPS BUTTON work after 20220724 version?

ash71ish

May 30, 2012
Hey guys, thanks for trying to keep this device alive. I am in dire need of help installing this on my sm -p580. I used https://xdaforums.com/t/root-magisk...10-1-2016-with-s-pen-for-android-8-1.4477921/ to root and installed twrp. Everything was fine until I tried installing lineageOS 19.1. It shows error 1.

It would be great if somebody can help me out here. Thanks again.

PS - device is currently running oreo downloaded from updato.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-10-22-08-23-13.png
    Screenshot_2022-10-22-08-23-13.png
    195.8 KB · Views: 52

Tamhvm

Apr 8, 2011
Medellín
juan-garcia.net
Hey guys, thanks for trying to keep this device alive. I am in dire need of help installing this on my sm -p580. I used https://xdaforums.com/t/root-magisk...10-1-2016-with-s-pen-for-android-8-1.4477921/ to root and installed twrp. Everything was fine until I tried installing lineageOS 19.1. It shows error 1.

It would be great if somebody can help me out here. Thanks again.

PS - device is currently running oreo downloaded from updato.
Hi, as far as I know, you need to use the patched TWRP that's in the first post of the thread to be able to install 19.1. I think the one you linked only allows installing up to 18.

I have used this one, and works as expected.

Reactions: ash71ish

diff111

Feb 5, 2017
Hello, Thank you very much for your work, the tablet is working great with this rom. I have only one issue: there is no backlight for the "recent apps" and "back" buttons. Is there a way to activate the light for these two buttons? Thanks.

Gus1994

Sep 18, 2022
Hi! This ROM is looking amazing and I would like to install this on my T580. I have the latest stock rom and the 3.7.0_9_0 TWRP flashed from the link, but my device is showing 0 kb in all folders. I have tried to reflash the stock ROM, clean/format everything using TWRP but still not getting it to show the files on the device.

Last edited:

tracid1987

Mar 11, 2021
Hello, Thank you very much for your work, the tablet is working great with this rom. I have only one issue: there is no backlight for the "recent apps" and "back" buttons. Is there a way to activate the light for these two buttons? Thanks.
As far as i remember there wasnt backlight for those three buttons even on stock ROM. Was there? I believe there wasnt. So it cannot be enabled because physically it isnt there. Other models of tablet may have it.

Tamhvm

Apr 8, 2011
Medellín
juan-garcia.net

As far as i remember there wasnt backlight for those three buttons even on stock ROM. Was there? I believe there wasnt. So it cannot be enabled because physically it isnt there. Other models of tablet may have it.
Yeah, my P580 never had backlight on those hardware buttons. They only have a silver detail beneath the glass.

EDIT: You might be confused because some other models of Samsung tablets and phones have backlight on these buttons, but both 580s don't have this.

Was this button working for you before? I'm wondering because I never had any issue with this button since the initial release 20220416, and I have probably installed all the updates that TALUAtXDA has released.

Last edited:

ash71ish

May 30, 2012
Hi, as far as I know, you need to use the patched TWRP that's in the first post of the thread to be able to install 19.1. I think the one you linked only allows installing up to 18.

I have used this one, and works as expected.
I tried the twrp from first post but the error remains. Only thing that changed is the line where it used to say "checking for digest file" now says "unmounting system".

Also after installing this twrp I am getting error 255 when trying to restore backup.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-10-30-23-42-01.png
    Screenshot_2022-10-30-23-42-01.png
    162 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_2022-10-31-00-03-44.png
    Screenshot_2022-10-31-00-03-44.png
    173.7 KB · Views: 31

diff111

Feb 5, 2017

I was sure it had backlight on these two hardware buttons but now I'm thinking I was probably confusing with my old Samsung phone.

Thank you for your answer and sorry for the useless question.

K9100ii

Nov 8, 2018
In that context, I would prefer encryption. Any plans to issue TWRP 3.7.x for P580?
Probably not. The changes for full-disk encryption (FDE), which is currently used, to work in TWRP for 12 are for devices with TWRP built from 12L sources. Our TWRP builds aren't built from 12L sources. Tried getting builds built from 12L sources long ago, but failed on my first try and didn't try any further.

With Android 13/20.0, support for FDE has been dropped, so there's only support for file-based encryption (FBE) that isn't optional and needs to be enabled for everyone, which I'll do, anyway. TWRP is completely lacking in any working FBE support, got various problems with it when trying it months ago, and in that way, it's obsolete. When moving to 20.0, we'll have to start using LIneage recovery, but there's some problems with ADB, and especially ADB sideload, with it that I'm struggling with. I guess TWRP from 12.1 sources if I got it booting at all would have similar problems, anyway.

In my case, it just flat out doesn't want to connect to that WiFi, after a couple of minutes I get an error toast on screen ("Failed to connect to network").
Had to go to my router (OpenWrt ftw) and downgrade the network config from WPA2-PSK/WPA3-SAE Mixed Mode (strong security) to WPA2-PSK (strong security), for the tablet to connect to it.
I'd guess that problem is probably specific to your router (and I also guess firmware-independent). No WPA3 router to test with here, so can't do any testing.

I seem to remember stuff about these devices and other devices not connecting to mixed WPA2/WPA3-SAE networks, but I think also only with certain routers, hmmmm...

I noticed also something weird related to that - recalling now that you mention it: I can connect to WPA2/WPA3-mixed mode network (Fritz!Box 7490 on latest firmware) but it shows up on the P580 as WPA/WPA2-mixed mode. But OK, it shows also up as WPA/WPA2/WPA3 on my OnePlus 7T ... so, not sure what the relevance of this label is.
That's natural. A device can't be aware that a network is WPA3 if it doesn't support it. Your OnePlus 7T would definitely support WPA3, so your network shows up as supporting WPA3. So, I suppose with this, @Tamhvm's would more than likely be a router-specific problem.

Never had such a problem, totally unreproducible, and no ideas. Why not update to the latest build by the way?

I tried the twrp from first post but the error remains. Only thing that changed is the line where it used to say "checking for digest file" now says "unmounting system".

Also after installing this twrp I am getting error 255 when trying to restore backup.
Go to Advanced -> Copy Log in TWRP, and use that function to get a log after trying to install the build, and send it here.

That error is completely undescriptive and useless. A full log will contain actually useful details.

Last edited:

BlizzWiZ

Jun 11, 2012
Hi! Thanks so much for this incredible ROM! It was nice getting some new life into my tablet! I am, however, experiencing an issue with Open Gapps and I hope that you can help me with your knowledge.

I flashed open_gapps-arm64-12L-pico-20220705-UNOFFICIAL_MOD with TWRP and it was successful.

I rebooted the tablet and I see the Play Store Icon, etc, on my home screen. I click on the icon and it made me select my WIFI but after launching it says "You are offline" but the issue is that I am connected to my WIFI and every other app is working as intended like the browser. It even says inside the appstore app that I am connected to my wifi.

I would like to get Youtube and etc working on the device but it closes itself saying it needs Google Services installed.

I wish you the very best and take care.

@TALUAtXDA: Just upgraded from your 18.1 build to 19.1 with NikGapps Core without major problems. Only the twrp linked in your OP did not work for me. The tablet hung at the start screen. I had to flash the original twrp from their website. Thanks again for still supporting this device!

May 13, 2014
Probably not. The changes for full-disk encryption (FDE), which is currently used, to work in TWRP for 12 are for devices with TWRP built from 12L sources. Our TWRP builds aren't built from 12L sources. Tried getting builds built from 12L sources long ago, but failed on my first try and didn't try any further.

With Android 13/20.0, support for FDE has been dropped, so there's only support for file-based encryption (FBE) that isn't optional and needs to be enabled for everyone, which I'll do, anyway. TWRP is completely lacking in any working FBE support, got various problems with it when trying it months ago, and in that way, it's obsolete. When moving to 20.0, we'll have to start using LIneage recovery, but there's some problems with ADB, and especially ADB sideload, with it that I'm struggling with. I guess TWRP from 12.1 sources if I got it booting at all would have similar problems, anyway.

I'd guess that problem is probably specific to your router (and I also guess firmware-independent). No WPA3 router to test with here, so can't do any testing.

I seem to remember stuff about these devices and other devices not connecting to mixed WPA2/WPA3-SAE networks, but I think also only with certain routers, hmmmm...

That's natural. A device can't be aware that a network is WPA3 if it doesn't support it. Your OnePlus 7T would definitely support WPA3, so your network shows up as supporting WPA3. So, I suppose with this, @Tamhvm's would more than likely be a router-specific problem.

Never had such a problem, totally unreproducible, and no ideas. Why not update to the latest build by the way?

Go to Advanced -> Copy Log in TWRP, and use that function to get a log after trying to install the build, and send it here.

That error is completely undescriptive and useless. A full log will contain actually useful details.
Fixed. Clean installation with format data.

May 13, 2014
Yeah, my P580 never had backlight on those hardware buttons. They only have a silver detail beneath the glass.

EDIT: You might be confused because some other models of Samsung tablets and phones have backlight on these buttons, but both 580s don't have this.

Was this button working for you before? I'm wondering because I never had any issue with this button since the initial release 20220416, and I have probably installed all the updates that TALUAtXDA has released.
Fixed. Clean installation with format data.

K9100ii

Nov 8, 2018
Hi! Thanks so much for this incredible ROM! It was nice getting some new life into my tablet! I am, however, experiencing an issue with Open Gapps and I hope that you can help me with your knowledge.

I flashed open_gapps-arm64-12L-pico-20220705-UNOFFICIAL_MOD with TWRP and it was successful.

I rebooted the tablet and I see the Play Store Icon, etc, on my home screen. I click on the icon and it made me select my WIFI but after launching it says "You are offline" but the issue is that I am connected to my WIFI and every other app is working as intended like the browser. It even says inside the appstore app that I am connected to my wifi.

I would like to get Youtube and etc working on the device but it closes itself saying it needs Google Services installed.

I wish you the very best and take care.
You're welcome.
A few others reported the same problems before. But even so, I'm not sure of a fix. I also don't use Google apps so I wouldn't have any ideas, and of course, most others seem to not have any problems with them. I would've supposed it would be because of the Google apps package used, but that one should definitely work... Yeah, quite puzzling, asides from maybe seeing if you have any luck with other packages, I don't have any further ideas unfortunately.

ok. attached the recovery log. thanks
Doesn't seem to actually be attached, could you try again?

@TALUAtXDA: Just upgraded from your 18.1 build to 19.1 with NikGapps Core without major problems. Only the twrp linked in your OP did not work for me. The tablet hung at the start screen. I had to flash the original twrp from their website. Thanks again for still supporting this device!
For the T580, my suggestion in my original post is to use the official TWRP builds. I only mention that an unofficial build I've made needs to be used for the P580, which would've been what you've tried and so as you've seen, can't work on the T580.
You're very welcome.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ...and now for an update on 20.0.

I've done some prerequisite work - Catching my 20.0 sources up with my 19.1 changes, some much needed source cleanups, and also a longer while ago brought in support for the Exynos 7870 SoC in these tablets, and so generally bringing back some legacy stuff, into some newer BSP sources intended for Android 13 (vs 10 for the older ones), from Linaro.

Next, I'll need to write up the information about what's going on with 20.0+ with these older devices, and also finally switch my T580, which I have a 20.0 build on, to a signed 20.0 build, which needs a format and I hope that won't be too painful.

For those who remember from long, long ago, I tried switching to signed builds long ago, to get rid of nag notifications about unsigned builds from Lineage's Trust feature, and to improve security a little (so malicious versions of system apps, signed with public keys, can't be installed on top). Now, since 20.0+ will require data formats, it's safe to go with signed builds again without any possible problems from existing installations.

I hope to do all that by/on the weekends. But for now, again, enjoy the new 19.1 builds.
    Now for LineageOS 20.0

In this post, alongside download links, I'll detail inconveniences and breakages for existing installations, for before installing any 20.0+ builds. In any case, upgrading will also need a full format of the data partition and adoptable storage, alongside backups of data.

Please read this post in full detail before deciding to upgrade - Staying for now with 19.1 may be the better option. Download links are right at the end.

First of all, in summary, if you:
    • Don't want to wipe your data and also wipe adoptable storage right now
    • Want something currently supported by myself
    • Want working network monitoring (mainly data usage stats and app internet access blocking)
    • Don't like File-Based Encryption
    then avoid upgrading to 20.0! 19.1 builds will continue to be supported until security updates for 12L are stopped.

On FBE: If for some reason you don't want it, you may manually disable it for your own personal usage, provided you understand that you lower your security and break adoptable storage. When 20.0+ will be supported, this will be an unsupported setup.
    Also, please do not share methods for disabling it in this thread! When providing support in the future, it could make my life more difficult!

In full detail, what's actually going on with 20.0 and newer?

• File-Based Encryption (FBE)
      • On Android 12L and previous, another encryption scheme, Full-Disk Encryption (FDE), was in use. This was optional (you could enable it if you like). It was removed in Android 13 onwards.
      • FBE works differently to FDE. With that, the most important difference here is that it must be enabled within builds. It can't be left disabled by default and left for users to enable later.
      • So, either no one has it or everyone has it, unless someone manually enables it, and also on every update. There are no choices.
      • This also means data will need to be formatted for existing installations.
    • Adoptable storage (using micro SD cards as internal storage)
      • Adoptable storage is always encrypted, and was based on FDE before. Since its removal, it now must always be based on FBE.
      • Due to how FDE worked, it could be possible to have internal storage not encrypted but also have adoptable storage working atop of FDE, it just wasn't secure.
      • Now, FBE must be enabled on internal storage (data) for adoptable storage to work at all.
      • These changes mean adoptable storage based on FDE must be formatted after upgrading.
    • Non-working network monitoring
      • Due to the kernel not having a necessary level of support for something called 'eBPF', we can't have support for networking monitoring on Android 13+.
      • With Android 12L, we have patches to bring back old support for network monitoring without eBPF. There is no such thing for 13+.
      • Details aside - This means, mainly, no working data usage stats, internet access blocking for apps, or download and upload speed monitoring.
      • With data usage statistics not working, this mainly affects LTE variant users. You could be fine on a WiFi-only variant if, say, you don't want to block internet access to apps.
    On FBE and adoptable storage, I know adoptable storage has some popularity especially on these tablets with 16GB of storage. So, while I'm not sure what overall reception will be, I've prioritized overall usability, alongside also having better security by default (unless, of course, FBE is manually disabled).

Update methods with FBE
    For convenience. Initial installation is exactly the same as usual - Though there are special TWRP builds that are necessary, links below.
    1. Micro SD card or USB-OTG - Best if not using adoptable storage
    Simply place new builds on any external storage with enough available space, and install from there.

2. Transfer builds to an unencrypted location with root - Best if using adoptable storage
    With FBE, not everything is actually encrypted. We have at least two unencrypted locations - /data itself and /data/unencrypted. If you have root access, via Magisk (or Lygisk), or ADB, you can transfer and install builds and other packages there.
    1. Obtain root acess (Install Magisk).
    2. Install a third-party file manager that can browse root and use root access. Grant it root access.
    3. Download and move a build to either of those locations.
    4. Boot into recovery, and update from whichever location as usual.

3. Failsafe - Use ADB sideload
    I'd hope you have a computer with a working installation of ADB. If you do, you can just go to Advanced -> ADB sideload in recovery, and run on your computer:
    Code:
    adb sideload [path_to_build]
    replacing path_to_build with an actual path to a build (or package).

I hope that has all been enough to make a decision on if to upgrade or not (now anyway).

I don't know of any further bugs from what's described and existing bugs/issues with 19.1 builds.

Build downloads - Built on 20240323, all with security patch level 20240305
    For gtaxlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CeWh6aV2iEBXUx4UXJoGs1Gx-3PX_1zJ
    For gtaxllte:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cqp_DpI_FYYVu_2ed3zKEjEvi__eIdLm
    For gtanotexlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VC5uIsHLjTBP7DGnr8XD3CHGAmLw6HCh
    For gtanotexllte: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I8YpgY5HoccBqeuUCvBGGlwLZUMgJ6h1

Folder for builds

This contains folders for each device variant, with current builds, text files with SHA256 checksums, and further folders which will contain few previous builds.

Recoveries to use
    Use my unofficial "special" TWRP builds:
    For gtaxlwifi: Image here, tar for Odin for AP slot is here.
    For gtaxllte: Image here, tar for Odin here.
    For gtanotexlwifi: Image here, tar for Odin here.
    For gtanotexllte: Image here, tar for Odin here.

These are Android 13+-specific builds that have FBE decryption support disabled due to hanging on the splash screen, and so must be used. Not even official builds will work.

As always, note in general that any other recoveries are completely unsupported and not recommended whatsoever.

Sources
    A manifest containing all of the necessary repositories to make builds for all of the variants is in the repository here on branch lineage-20.0.
    New builds for 20240318

Downloads:
    For gtaxlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-EDLBoeKl9UTx1ogcMl2QXD19d9KXItw
    For gtaxllte:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qQleL4pPhQKKYPoQs-XDIm_mfP3M91m-
    For gtanotexlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16mVkIU4qWFO5DoqfehzwbCaRcL8AY7hD
    For gtanotexllte: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T13orMDGEsb_QKo9fGy653jWEuAzgUZL

Changelog:

• Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20240305 Android security updates and changes for adding restrictive signature spoofing support only for microG, replacing the patches used before.
    • Lineage's charging control feature, which was ported for LineageOS 19.1, has been enabled.
    • Some security patches have been applied to the kernel.
    Options for charge limiting with the new control feature are in the battery section in settings. Otherwise, as usual, enjoy.
    Huge post aside, next will be LineageOS 21.0, since finished up with 20.0 (which is also incremental work). I will look at it after Lineage merges QPR2 changes.

As far as I know, the situation should look the same as 20.0.

...except that there apparently were/are graphical performance issues on 21.0 on lower end devices for some reason. I'm not sure what it will look like when I try it. I'll just have to see later.
    OK sorry
    but I saw you are talking about los 20 in your twrp update
    Not relevant - That's all about my own builds (that I can personally support and have some quality assurance on, and have wide use for testing) and, more importantly, simply about a change that will be necessary for (and only for) 20+.
    is that mean lineage os 20 is coming for gtaxllte and another variants of this tab ?
    Why not, if I haven't made mention of anything against that?
    is there any plans for CrDroid or not (because followmsi was stopped working on gtaxlwifi for CrDroid and what happened for him ?)
    No plans. followmsi, as far as I know, has simply moved on.
    and again thanks for your updating of lineage os 19.1 but I have a problem with NetShare app is works but in another device when I try to connect netshare wifi of tablet netshare it was not connect (still connecting in another device) (VPN Hotspot have same bug)
    I have no idea, sorry.

This is 2016 year model. I am surprised you are still maintaining it in 2024 :O How long are you planning to implement updates to this model?
    BTW thank you a lot :) Its insane to have Android 12 on an Android 7-8 device with the newest security updates :)
    Pretty much as long as I see some usability out of these devices, I have some interest, and there are any updates to apply or available at all. That is to say, for the foreseeable future.
    You're welcome.

the taskbar is there whether "enable taskbar" is toggled on or not...
    It looks like you're following the steps correctly - I'd ignore (rather unproductive) comments claiming that you must not be doing something right.

Sadly, I'm not sure what could be the cause, and also have no idea for what sort of breakage could cause that. If it's a little too bothersome, and it wouldn't be too inconvenient, I'd do a data format and see if the taskbar can be disabled without problems from the beginning, and then set everything up again and watch out for issues. The built-in by Lineage Seedvault backup, to a micro SD card or USB drive, could make that easier (though it could also mess things up the same by restoring some settings - Note the settings it backs up don't seem complete, which could improve chances at things). Other than that, sorry. :(

By the way, one suggestion, if anything truly useful - While using a tablet (or any battery-powered device) permanently in a car, I'd suggest using something like this app to limit charging (note root access is necessary), say to stop charging at 80% then start again at 20%. Otherwise, battery degradation could get a little nasty (and you could get a nasty pillow, eventually... worse off since the internal cable going to the LCD goes over the battery).
    I'd have suggested to get something more purpose-built if possible, like an Android headunit, but sadly there's the dilemna that the hardware might be somewhat lacking, and software untrustworthy or unreliable (which would purely be firmwares coming from a not so known or unknown group/vendor in China, given these headunits tend to be almost exclusively from there, nothing custom sadly).

Is anybody using chatGPT app from openAI (not any other, exactly this one) on this tablet (WIFI version) and newest LineageOS build from here?

I did not use this app on this tablet before, but today i have downloaded it onto this tablet and wanted to sign in but it is constantly giving URL error so i cannot login. SafetyNet is passed.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's something more besides safetynet (extra independent checks of some sort), but I wouldn't have any idea. I'd just suggest using the website, not much value in too much digging.

Bro, we use the same device as u and we can disable it....Join our TG group
    Do not suggest joining any supposedly "our T[ele]g[ram] group" - There is no group that I'm managing and have linked anywhere, or from any third party that I'm part of (which I wouldn't be intrested in joining anyway).
    Keep all discussion in this thread, not in a group that I personally don't even know of as the very maintainer.

Also, avoid posting snarky comments - It isn't productive and lowers the quality of the thread.
    This is LineageOS 19.1, which is based on Android 12L, for variants of the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" (2016), which have models and codenames as follows:
    • SM-T580, with codename gtaxlwifi
    • SM-T585, with codename gtaxllte, along with SM-T585N0, SM-T585C, and SM-T587 (not SM-T587P)
    • SM-P580, with codename gtanotexlwifi, along with SM-P583
    • SM-P585, with codename gtanotexllte, along with SM-P585M, SM-P585Y, SM-P585N0, and SM-P588C
    LineageOS doesn't need much of an introduction - It's a well-known custom firmware/Android distribution.

For LineageOS 20.0 - Go here

Some useful information only for devices from China (Never any others!) (SM-P583, SM-T585C, SM-P588C, and SM-T580 on the CHN CSC code for China) - For unlocking the bootloader before installation, an app, "CROM Service", would need to be opened and the prompt from it accepted so that it can be unlocked, after enabling the "OEM unlock" setting in developer options. It should be available from the Galaxy Store, although I can't be 100% sure about it. In any case, an APK for it should be easy to find.

Also, for those running 18.1 or 17.1, upgrading to 19.1 is possible through the procedure I've explained before here and here. Mentioned Android/Lineage versions are different, but the steps still apply. I highly suggest backing up any important data before trying to upgrade. In the unlikely case the upgrade fails, and it doesn't boot, data would need to be formatted.

LineageOS 19.1/Android 12 usability fixes
    For those wanting to disable the widely disliked taskbar
    (the grey bar at the bottom with the 3 navigation buttons and shortcuts for apps docked at the launcher): Instructions for doing so are in the first section of my post here.
    For enabling lockscreen rotation: Instructions for doing so are in my post here.
    For those needing Google apps: Do not use heavy Google apps packages, as otherwise, you WILL have severe performance issues. Instead, use the most minimal variant of your chosen package (core, pico...). Also, while mentioning that, make sure the package is 64-bit ARM (ARM64) and specifically, and only, for Android 12L.

You may look for Google app packages that others have had success using by searching the thread. Also worth considering is microG, which - if you can use and don't have anything depending strictly on having Google's own play services - will allow you to have additional resources (RAM mainly) that would otherwise be taken up by Google play services.

Build downloads - From 20240318, all with security patch level 20240305
    For gtaxlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-EDLBoeKl9UTx1ogcMl2QXD19d9KXItw
    For gtaxllte:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qQleL4pPhQKKYPoQs-XDIm_mfP3M91m-
    For gtanotexlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16mVkIU4qWFO5DoqfehzwbCaRcL8AY7hD
    For gtanotexllte: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T13orMDGEsb_QKo9fGy653jWEuAzgUZL

Recoveries to use

Use my unofficial TWRP builds:
    For gtaxlwifi: Image here, tar for Odin for AP slot is here.
    For gtaxllte: Image here, tar for Odin here.
    For gtanotexlwifi: Image here, tar for Odin here.
    For gtanotexllte: Image here, tar for Odin here.

Official TWRP builds also work. Lineage recovery images within builds as "recovery.img" do work as well, but only for installing packages from a micro SD card.

Note that any other recoveries are completely unsupported and not recommended whatsoever.

Folders for builds
    Along with current builds, these contain text files with SHA256 checksums for builds, and folders containing few previous builds.
    For gtaxlwifi: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1S3NRiTP2jr9gRtSMKoKoaoMu75g_FJM4
    For gtaxllte: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZFkGkVkIohsNFDi0jNF2-Yhz7Sbg5GT4
    For gtanotexlwifi: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11pcp9NZf0ovelvT7oxfhoem6-utpSao8
    For gtanotexllte: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1AICJ1UcnZ5a-slcgd-iGQ9mpk9J8Evmd

Changelogs
    Builds for 20240318:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20240305 Android security updates and changes for adding restrictive signature spoofing support only for microG, replacing the patches used before.
    • Lineage's charging control feature, which was ported for LineageOS 19.1, has been enabled.
    • Some security patches have been applied to the kernel.
    Previous releases
    Builds for 20240221:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, including the 20240205 Android security updates.
    • Long standing issues with microphone volume for video recordings being low have been fixed.
    • Lineage's FlipFlap has been removed - Not necessary, and all its options are now either non-functional or irrelevant.
    • A few security patches have been applied to the kernel.
    Builds for 20231213:
    • Latest updates from LineageOS, with manually applied 20231205 Android security updates (from the S_asb_2023-12 topic on Lineage's gerrit site).
    • Recently introduced audio issues, and hopefully also all audio issues on revision 7 gtaxllte tablets, should now be fixed.
    Builds for 20231013:
    • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the (important) 20231006 Android security updates.
    • Audio issues should hopefully be fixed on "exotic" hardware revision 7 T585 devices.
    • A few security fixes have been applied to the kernel.
    • Some fixes have been applied to the Sony, xpad, and Apple HID kernel drivers.
    • Sony's upstream hid-playstation driver has been backported for DualSense controller support.
    Builds for 20230824:
    • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20230805 Android security updates.
    • [WiFi-only variant specific] 120+ MB of RAM has been freed for usage. (It was previously pointlessly reserved and so wasn't even reported as available.)
    • Possible slight graphical performance improvement? I honestly can't tell.
    Builds for 20230720 and 20230722 (LTE variants only):
    • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20230705 Android security updates.
    • Call audio over Bluetooth has been fixed (with an additional fix for Bluetooth calls in 20230722 builds).
    • On tablets with different models for different regions, the correct model number should now be set and displayed in "About tablet" in settings.
    • [LTE variants only] RIL blobs have been updated from Samsung's A305GUBU8CWE3 firmware.
    • Booting and sensors issues fixed for revision 7 gtaxllte devices (exclusive to 2020 students in Egypt) - Audio issues remain (see issue 5 under issues section).
    • Many updates from the 4.14 Android common kernel, up to v4.14.320, and a few other small updates, have been applied to the kernel.
    Builds for 20230603:
    • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20230505 Android security updates.
    • Incomplete support for revision 7 gtaxllte devices, which were apparently exclusively for 2020 students in Egypt, has been added. (Note: Boot image here required for a change needed to boot on the 7th revision for the 20200603 build, the change will be included in all future builds making it unnecessary for them.)
    Builds for 20230419:
    • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20230405 Android security updates.
    • Linaro's new SLSI BSP (Board Support Package, containing sources for HWC and some other stuff) sources are now used - Much more up-to-date than the previously used sources, and there's possibly a small improvement in performance.
    • The OMX hardware video decoder and encoder libs are now built from the new Linaro BSP sources - With that, playback of HEVC videos is fixed in Chrome and other Chromium-based browsers.
    • Some updates from the 4.14 Android common kernel as of March have been applied to the kernel.
    • The wireguard kernel module has been added back - I silently removed it in the previous builds since it was unusable due to a now fixed device lockup bug that caused almost total unresponsiveness after enabling a wireguard VPN.
    Builds for 20230128:
    • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20230105 Android security updates.
    • [LTE variant-specific] Issues with mobile networking not working have been fixed.
    • [gtanotexllte-specific] Additional issues with bootlooping and rebooting during the boot animation have been fixed.
    • Open source aptX encoder libraries, from sources adapted from Qualcomm's recently upstreamed to AOSP open source code, are now used.
    Builds for 20221231 and 20230101:
    • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20221205 Android security updates.
    • Some more miscellaneous cleanups have been done.
    • Initial builds for gtaxllte and gtanotexllte.
    • Many updates from the 4.9 Android common kernel have been applied to the kernel.
    Builds for 20221127:
    • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20221105 Android security updates.
    Builds for 20221020:
    • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20221005 Android security updates.
    • Performance of animations has been improved slightly further.
    • Configuration files for media codecs and profiles have been updated from Samsung's M105FDDS4CVG1 firmware, and audio codec support might be improved slightly (as the Codec 2.0 media codec framework has been fixed and is now used).
    • Some updates from the 4.9 Android common kernel have been applied to the kernel.
    Builds for 20220929:
    • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20220905 Android security updates.
    • The torch has been fixed.
    • Performance of animations and responsiveness has been improved slightly.
    • Some updates from the 4.9 Android common kernel have been applied to the kernel.
    • [SM-P580/gtanotexlwifi only, already fixed in T580 builds long ago] An issue where the displays backlight would be turned off completely when setting very low brightnesses, causing nothing to be visible on the display (unless very faintly if you shine a torch or a different bright light source on it), has been fixed.
    • The WiFi drivers RX wakelock feature has been disabled - Heavy battery drain that occurred in sleep when connected to certain WiFi networks due to "qcom_rx_wakelock" wakelocks has been fixed.
    Builds for 20220824:
    • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20220805 Android security updates, and a fix for "Intent Filter Verification Service" crashes that occurred in few/some cases with no Google apps or with MicroG.
    • Some things that appeared that are only relevant for devices with mobile networking (such as the baseband version and SIM status sections in About tablet in settings) no longer appear.
    • The ZRAM size has been increased to 2GiB, and the swappiness is now set to 100.
    • A higher frequency (1246MHz, was 902MHz previously) is now set for the interactive CPU governors "hispeed_freq" value - This improves responsiveness slightly.
    • The sepolicy containing device-specific SELinux rules has been improved slightly.
    • Yet more miscellaneous cleanups have been done.
    Builds for 20220724:
    • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20220705 Android security updates.
    Builds for 20220620:
    • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20220605 Android security updates.
    • Network traffic monitoring now works (as some changes reverting the removal of the old, non-eBPF, method of doing it that the old 3.18 kernel only supports have been applied, thanks to @rINanDO for them!).
    • One of Lineage's changes to the default keyboard, likely to be causing a problem where the keyboard appears full screen with no keys in very few cases, has been reverted.
    • Many updates from the 4.9 Android common kernel, and some from a few other sources, have been applied to the kernel.
    • The issue where trying to power off, or reboot to recovery or download mode, would sometimes cause a normal reboot has been fixed.
    • A small fix to the kernel has been applied that fixes occasional soft reboots, that were caused by a change I made a very long time ago that had only started causing such soft rebooting problems with Android 12.
    Builds for 20220523:
    • Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20220505 Android security updates and an option for disabling the taskbar.
    • The problem where enabling the "Enable on-screen nav bar" option at Settings -> System -> Buttons caused touchscreen input to be disabled has been fixed.
    • Native support for IPsec tunnels has been enabled.
    • Support for Vulkan compute is now declared.
    • A new custom version of the open source Samsung audio HAL from Lineage's android_hardware_samsung repository is now used, rather than the stock, heavily-patched, proprietary Samsung audio HAL, with some fixes for a problem that made it unusable before where occasionally, audio would get outputted from both the speakers and the headphone jack.
    • The playback and low-latency capture period sizes have been reduced to 128 in the open source audio HAL, which reduces audio latency.
    • Pro audio support is now declared, since with the reduced period sizes, as well as with the use of the open source audio HAL, round-trip audio latency has been reduced enough for it.
    • Many updates from the 4.9 Android common kernel have been applied to the kernel.
    • Several fixes to the Sony HID driver in the 4.9 Android common kernel have been ported over to the kernel - Sony DualShock 4 controllers should now work properly.
    Initial builds for 20220416 (This changelog continues on from @followmsi's last 19.1 build that was intended for use by users):
    • Latest changes from LineageOS.
    • SELinux is now set to be enforcing after having addressed new SELinux denials with 12.
    • Assisted GPS has been fixed.
    • ADB is no longer enabled by default or on boot.
    • The tablet product characteristic has been added back after being mistakenly removed - Places where the device was referred to as a phone (such as the "About phone" section in settings) will now refer to it as a tablet again.
    • The Widevine DRM blobs have been updated to 1.4 blobs from the latest stock firmware for the Google Pixel 3a XL.
    • A new wcnss_filter binary built from sources is now used to properly fix an issue where Bluetooth couldn't be re-enabled after enabling and disabling it once, and the old workaround for it has been removed.
    • Some other miscellaneous cleanups have been done.
    • There are a few updates from the 4.9 Android common kernel and Samsung's A600FNXXU9CVB1 kernel sources to the kernel.
    • An issue where the displays backlight would be turned off completely when setting very low brightnesses, causing nothing to be visible on the display (unless very faintly if you shine a torch or a different bright light source on it), has been fixed.

Known issues and workarounds/fixes (if any)
    Issue 1 - Squashed (rear) camera previews, and videos at some resolutions: Camera previews for images to be taken at resolutions with aspect ratios other than 16:9 using the rear camera are squashed from 16:9 (while final saved images at any resolution are unaffected by any squashing), and videos taken at some resolutions are affected by similar issues with squashing in previews, and, in a smaller set of resolutions, also in final saved video files. (Note that these issues don't affect the front-facing camera)
    Somewhat of a workaround: Use resolutions at which there are no issues with squashing from 16:9.

Issue 2 - LTE variants - In-call echo: There may be echoing that can be heard by the person you're calling while using speakers.
    See my post here for more on this issue.

(Temporary) Issue 3 - APN issues on LTE variant devices - after installation of a proper LTE variant build on top of an installation previously from a WiFi-only build: On an LTE variant device, after installing a proper LTE variant build on top of an existing installation from a WiFi-only build, when going to APN settings, at Settings -> Network and Internet -> SIMs -> Access point names, an error is displayed that APN settings cannot be changed by the current user (or something similar).
    Fix: Tap the 3-dot menu at the top right, and select "Reset to default", and then select the relevant APN.

Issue 4 - LTE variants - No VoLTE (and VoWiFi) support: VoLTE, and likewise VoWiFi, currently cannot work on any Samsung devices due to Samsung's proprietary implementation in stock firmwares not working on AOSP.

Issue 5 - Only on 7th revision gtaxllte devices which were exclusive to 2020 students in Egypt:
    Emphasizing the exclusivity of the 7th revision - You'll likely know if you have such a gtaxllte/SM-T585 device by it!
    If you want to be sure, run this command in a terminal app (such as Termux) or ADB shell on Samsung's stock firmware, which will return "7" if you have a revision 7 tablet - getprop ro.boot.hardware.revision
    If you don't, you won't have this issue:

As headphones are plugged in, and audio is played from speakers, audio will be outputted from both headphones and the speakers. After a few seconds of pausing any audio, there won't be any audio output at all.
    This issue can apparently somehow be bypassed by using audio effects apps, such as Viper4Android. Real fix for things to work properly without anything extra is desirable but not yet known.

Hopefully gone with the 20231213 gtaxllte build onwards. Apparently not, sadly.

Something notable is that with Android 12, encrypted data can't be decrypted in TWRP recovery. That problem can only be fixed within TWRP, but with the fixes only being in Android 12L TWRP sources, which we can't build our TWRP builds from due to issues, it continues to exist.

To report further issues, get a log from logcat and dmesg. If you're unsure on how to get either, there's good documentation out there for how to do so.

Sources
    A manifest containing all of the necessary repositories to make builds for all of the variants is in the repository here on branch lineage-19.1.

Thanks to:
    • @Valera1978 - for all of the previous work for the T580 and T585 long ago.
    • @followmsi - for previously working with me on much of this stuff.
    • Anyone who has previously tested anything new I've put up for testing, reported results, and provided information needed for me to get it working if it was necessary.
    • The Lineage team - for the Android distribution itself.
    • ...and everyone else who has worked on anything that is in use.
    New builds for 20230419

Downloads:
    For gtaxlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HYynOu6aGNBjYQ4Xa2PgV3bfFV_MNkfX/
    For gtaxllte:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KgsUF_S2mUKAz7_vlHc8-EriN0MeGIlT/
    For gtanotexlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i-Ixj9H0CXqFOmgL4pArds2c2DtliDEI/
    For gtanotexllte: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_JC0PrPNPWSjzuAbZHPYwBfQwNmm_G19/

Changelog:

• Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20230405 Android security updates.
    • Linaro's new SLSI BSP (Board Support Package, containing sources for HWC and some other stuff) sources are now used - Much more up-to-date than the previously used sources, and there's possibly a small improvement in performance.
    • The OMX hardware video decoder and encoder libs are now built from the new Linaro BSP sources - With that, playback of HEVC videos is fixed in Chrome and other Chromium-based browsers.
    • Some updates from the 4.14 Android common kernel as of March have been applied to the kernel.
    • The wireguard kernel module has been added back - I silently removed it in the previous builds since it was unusable due to a now fixed device lockup bug that caused almost total unresponsiveness after enabling a wireguard VPN.
    Wow, I didn't notice how long I really left this stuff for.

Anyway, some nice improvements in these builds.
    The kernel updates are behind by a month due to... yep, a lack of time and other previously mentioned reasons. As always, I'll try getting them in at some point later. I'm really hoping these don't become unsustainable, keeping up and trying to defy that the 3.18 kernel is no longer maintained upstream since a really long while is certainly becoming more difficult.

In any case, enjoy.
    Since I haven't posted anything for weeks now, I thought I'd give an update.

With me being yet more busy, and things constantly changing, and health issues on top (though don't worry about me), I haven't had much time to work on this stuff much.

Within my sources, I've fixed a bug, and applied kernel updates, but haven't had any real opportunities to release any new builds. I should be able to get around to getting new builds out in the next week or so.

I don't really have time to reply to much of anything at the moment, so if there is anything to reply to, I'll be leaving replies for later.
    New builds for 20230720

Downloads:
    For gtaxlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lrTWHdZc8N3_QU5z9unqzdf8vwHfTs0r/
    For gtaxllte:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vI87QfvD4SiYZILrscebKzakM_eYbYlM/
    For gtanotexlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19qlw6psNakFs2CQOXJvGwT1yrNhB9Vg7/
    For gtanotexllte: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1usokOmctg3-OrXLjQvzhDJLwOaqXW_3f/

Changelog:

• Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20230705 Android security updates.
    • Call audio over Bluetooth has been fixed.
    • On tablets with different models for different regions, the correct model number should now be set and displayed in "About tablet" in settings.
    • [LTE variants only] RIL blobs have been updated from Samsung's A305GUBU8CWE3 firmware.
    • Booting and sensors issues fixed for revision 7 gtaxllte devices (exclusive to 2020 students in Egypt) - Audio issues remain.
    • Many updates from the 4.14 Android common kernel, up to v4.14.320, and a few other small updates, have been applied to the kernel.
    Finally got decent amounts of time to get some meaningful releases.

Since the correct model numbers on devices with different ones for different regions should now be set, in case that doesn't happen for anyone, do report that.

Enjoy.
    New builds for 20221127

Downloads:
    For SM-T580/gtaxlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jd9kC8SoJH3Jba2YT_7K3qEB7QG27MMR/
    For SM-P580/gtanotexlwifi: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V_lE-ehNIvD2q-B6bbz119pjwFq92fOk/

Changelog:

• Latest changes from LineageOS, including the 20221105 Android security updates.
    Being yet more busy than usual, and also conveniently having had a hardware failure to deal with, yep, quite late again with these builds, and unfortunately with no kernel updates. Should be able to bring them in for the next builds, though.

As for LineageOS 20.0, I've still yet to get around to working on it.
    While it certainly is possible, sadly, there most likely won't ever be any possibilities for getting network traffic monitoring (used specifically for data usage statistics, network download/upload speed monitoring...) working under Android 13. (For 12.1, support for the old, non-eBPF method for it was removed, however, we have changes to revert the removal and bring it back since our old 3.18 kernel only supports it and doesn't support eBPF. It certainly seems like we won't have changes to bring it back on 13, and unfortunately, it doesn't look like there will ever be eBPF backports for 3.18.)

Nevertheless, for the meantime, enjoy.