LineageOS 19.1 [S] [12.1] (Unofficial) Mi Pad 4 Plus (clover+)

Search This thread

azz_kikr

Oct 23, 2010
Is hardware hevc decoding working? On most roms this doesn't work?

Well not on exoplayer. Players with own decoder it does work.

For example in Plex, not working

Laca50

Aug 7, 2022
Hello!
I have a Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 plus.
I put this system on it.
Almost everything works fine, except that the screen does not rotate and the brightness does not go up automatically.
Do you have any ideas to solve this problem?
Or does it need a different Rom number?
The picture shows the uploaded ROM.

Attachments

• 20220807_123525.jpg
    20220807_123525.jpg
    995.8 KB · Views: 37

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
Can anyone remember if there was a version of Lineage that was Playstore certified? All the Pixel Experience ROMs are certified. I am getting to the point where I think I should just pick a ROM and leave it forever. My MiPad 4 8" LTE is old but functional and Android 12 ROMs are now scarce and the options not great. Sabar has his two and there is one other that uses a 4.4 kernel but does not support aptX and every time I flash a new version it wipes TWRP and puts in its own recovery.
So, a version of LineageOS from Sabar's efforts that is stable on clover (not clover+). I guess I can do without Playstore certification but I do like to watch Netflix without having to keep installing third party apks.

A big thank you to Sabar for keeping our devices updated. I am not expecting an Android 13 build, but you never know.

pndwal

Can anyone remember if there was a version of Lineage that was Playstore certified? All the Pixel Experience ROMs are certified. I am getting to the point where I think I should just pick a ROM and leave it forever. My MiPad 4 8" LTE is old but functional and Android 12 ROMs are now scarce and the options not great. Sabar has his two and there is one other that uses a 4.4 kernel but does not support aptX and every time I flash a new version it wipes TWRP and puts in its own recovery.
So, a version of LineageOS from Sabar's efforts that is stable on clover (not clover+). I guess I can do without Playstore certification but I do like to watch Netflix without having to keep installing third party apks.

A big thank you to Sabar for keeping our devices updated. I am not expecting an Android 13 build, but you never know.
If you haven't, why not just root w/ Magisk and install @Displax's recent modded @kdragon Universal SafetyNet Fix (USNF)?*
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/magisk-module-universal-safetynet-fix-2-3-1.4217823/post-87198517

Nb. There is a pull request that should mean this (or amended) fix is merged in official USNF soon... No idea how soon, but both Devs are looking at best implementation:
https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/pull/207
I haven't checked this solution on my Mi Pad 4 as yet, but it works well for Xiaomi RN8T. - It sorts out both SafetyNet incl. needed fingerprint spoofing using Zygisk to target only gms attestation process (other processes incl. gms processes see proper fingerprint set by ROM) since this is now needed for new Play Integrity API, and the PI API itself by using a very old (A6) print (that also doesn't need to match Security patch date to pass) to bypass the new API's enforcing hardware attestation for known models supporting this...

Nb. Since Play Store now uses new Play Integrity attestation API (as does Google Pay/Wallet), Netflix etc won't show in Play Store unless you pass PI MEETS_DEVICE_INTEGRITY at least. (MEETS_STRONG_INTEGRITY won't be achieved but isn't enforced by Google and isn't likely to be required by banks either for a while yet.)

@sabar_op:

*One caveat: I think @sabar_op is integrating Proton SafetyNet Fix in his ROMs as well as fingerprint/Security patch level spoofing...

Some using other ROMs with similar integrated fixes are having issues (conflicts) when using Magisk module USNF or USNF-mod with Play Integrity fix because of this integration in the ROM, so he may need to address this first either by removing integrated SNF or by some adjustments...

I'd like to see ROMs pushed with only Mi Pad 4 fingerprint set personality, and perhaps a note to install Magisk and USNF module (currently mod version) to pass both SafetyNet and PI Device integrity...

👀 PW

Last edited:

CodeX86

Jun 14, 2013
Hello!
I have a Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 plus.
I put this system on it.
Almost everything works fine, except that the screen does not rotate and the brightness does not go up automatically.
Do you have any ideas to solve this problem?
Or does it need a different Rom number?
The picture shows the uploaded ROM.
I also have this issue on LineageOS and Pixelexperience. Tried the "fix" with reflashing the persistent image but no luck. The tab can't find any sensor. Gyrometer, Barometer etc..

Other than that the ROM is awesome. If anyone can throw a fix my way i'd appreciate it.

pndwal

@GregEden
This rom has playstore certified.

@pndwal
I was using pixelpropsutils for spoofing purpose on that rom, but not sure why it is not working anymore. PE and other roms except lineageos has built in pixelpropsutils for spoofing.
I just updated stuff on my Mi Pad; still on your LOS 18.1 w/ Wayne print however...

Just checked and S/N is still passing in YASNAC with standard USNF installed (as expected). Then checked with new Integrity Checker for Play Integrity verdict, and I'm getting MEETS_DEVICE_INTEGRITY, so it seems we may not need new USNF mod (unofficial currently) for a passing Play Integrity API verdict on this device... But this does vary per Android version...

Ideally I think it would be good to set Mi Pad 4 fingerprint and change ro.build.version.security_patch date to match it globally in ROM and integrate SNF in your ROMs...

Does S/N and new PI verdicts pass if this is done? PW

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus
I just updated stuff on my Mi Pad; still on your LOS 18.1 w/ Wayne print however...

Just checked and S/N is still passing in YASNAC with standard USNF installed (as expected). Then checked with new Integrity Checker for Play Integrity verdict, and I'm getting MEETS_DEVICE_INTEGRITY, so it seems we may not need new USNF mod (unofficial currently) for a passing Play Integrity API verdict on this device... But this does vary per Android version...

Ideally I think it would be good to set Mi Pad 4 fingerprint and change ro.build.version.security_patch date to match it globally in ROM and integrate SNF in your ROMs...

Does S/N and new PI verdicts pass if this is done? PW

Unfortunatelly wayne fingerprint doesn't work in android 12.

Reactions: pndwal

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
I once had the same issue plus loss of my IMEI. A long time back, not these ROMs. In desperation I reflashed the original Android 8 EU Xiaomi ROM and once I was happy that rotation worked and the IMEI was restored I started again. But that is the nuclear option. Hopefully you can just flash the Vendor Firmware which is different to just Firmware, but that will still require a re-install of the ROM after - I think.

@pndwal knows more about this than I do.

My issue was I had wiped the /persistence folder which is now called /vendor

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts