LineageOS 19.1 [S] [12.1] (Unofficial) Mi Pad 4 Plus (clover+)

Search This thread

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
I used TWRP to install the Pixel Experience ROM as well as LineageOS without a computer . However, after installing LINEAGEOS, I can only get to the LineageOS recovery.
Just for anyone reading this forum.
I fell for this recently with a different ROM, there is a tick box in the LineageOS install that asks if it can replace recovery. So look out for it and make sure it is not selected.

CodeX86

Jun 14, 2013
Ok so i am losing it with this Pad.
Installed Xiaomi.eu rom auto-rotate works (backed up the vendor / persist image)
Install LineageOS or the PixelExperience ROM and the auto-rotate stops working and restoring the persist image doesn't help.
What is going on? How do i get this to work?

pndwal

The standard chinese clover+ (MiPad4plus)
So that's LTE I'm guessing... w/ LTE models you can check baseband version in settings... Please say what version...

I'm away (slating a clock tower in Broken Hill, NSW) so don't have Mi Pad with me, but I believe we have rotation options in LOS Screen settings... Assume you've checked these are appropriately enabled...

Also saw this build prop edit fix for rotation issues on Xperia (apparently works for other devices):https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/lineageos-not-auto-rotating-solved.3736105/#:~:text=Then you have a Setting,Here it does.

The other few posts there mention settings incl. for Trebuchet, reboots etc...

Please report baseband before making system changes... PW

Last edited:

CodeX86

Jun 14, 2013
So that's LTE I'm guessing... w/ LTE models you can check baseband version in settings... Please say what version...

I'm away (slating a clock tower in Broken Hill, NSW) so don't have Mi Pad with me, but I believe we have rotation options in LOS Screen settings... Assume you've checked these are appropriately enabled...

Also saw this build prop edit fix for rotation issues on Xperia (apparently works for other devices):https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/lineageos-not-auto-rotating-solved.3736105/#:~:text=Then you have a Setting,Here it does.

The other few posts there mention settings incl. for Trebuchet, reboots etc...

Please report baseband before making system changes... PW
Baseband: 1-00729.1-SDM660_GEN_PACK-1.214729.1.215613.1

Thanks

Reactions: pndwal

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
Activated of course. Doesn't change anything unfortunately.
This ROM is a 12.1 ROM but still uses a 4.4 kernel. It is Playstore Certified but does not have aptX. Be careful to unselect Allow Lineage to replace the recovery during install.

Will it fix your issues? I have no idea, but for people who do not care about bluetooth HD Audio it is a smooth and fast ROM. You would need to do a clean install. You should not need to backup and restore /vendor - just make sure you do not wipe it from TWRP during install.

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
I will try a clean install and not mix + version with 8" version.
Update: that worked autorotate back working. Playstore Certified and Netflix installable. It did need a reboot after Playservices updated itself.
Edit 2: Reinstalled my apps and autorotate gone again. No idea on what is causing that little gem. AptX HD working, GPS works, 4G runs full speed, Wifi works. Re-installed Screen Orientation Control
Edit: I am pretty sure my autorotate issue was caused by a feral compass app. It worked fine before that was installed and run.

Last edited:
Update: that worked autorotate back working. Playstore Certified and Netflix installable. It did need a reboot after Playservices updated itself.
Edit 2: Reinstalled my apps and autorotate gone again. No idea on what is causing that little gem. AptX HD working, GPS works, 4G runs full speed, Wifi works. Re-installed Screen Orientation Control
Edit: I am pretty sure my autorotate issue was caused by a feral compass app. It worked fine before that was installed and run.
How twrp version?

pndwal

Tried / worth trying the build-prop edit linked above?...

Could apply systemlessly using Magisk & MHPC... PW

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
I actually dislike autorotate because things spin around at times when I don't want it to, so the app that just locks it in one orientation as I want is better. But it is an issue to solve. It had to be an app that updated or one that I installed.

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
It needs to be shouted from the rooftops folks. Sabar has outdone himself. We now have the ultimate MiPad4 ROM with lineage-19.1-20220812-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip. I used NikGapps Basic and then added the rest from Playstore.

For me (8" LTE) it is smooth, fast and it is Playstore Certified. Netflix is installable. Root is not detected by Inware. No need of Magisk or mucking about. It is Android 12.1 running on a 4.19 kernel and it supports Bluetooth HiDef Audio codecs. My 4G data runs at about 80Mbps and on WiFi it is close to my 100Mbps internet feed. The GPS locks on quickly.

All my Google stuff works as it should and my Google 1 VPN installs and runs fine. Using a USB PD charger I get better than standard charge rates and it report "Charging Rapidly". It does not magically make it support super fast charging, but it is an improvement.
Edit: My HP printer connects via WiFi Direct and works as it should.

Last edited:
Reactions: senseii

sabar_op

Jun 30, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus
It needs to be shouted from the rooftops folks. Sabar has outdone himself. We now have the ultimate MiPad4 ROM with lineage-19.1-20220812-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip. I used NikGapps Basic and then added the rest from Playstore.

For me (8" LTE) it is smooth, fast and it is Playstore Certified. Netflix is installable. Root is not detected by Inware. No need of Magisk or mucking about. It is Android 12.1 running on a 4.19 kernel and it supports Bluetooth HiDef Audio codecs. My 4G data runs at about 80Mbps and on WiFi it is close to my 100Mbps internet feed. The GPS locks on quickly.

All my Google stuff works as it should and my Google 1 VPN installs and runs fine. Using a USB PD charger I get better than standard charge rates and it report "Charging Rapidly". It does not magically make it support super fast charging, but it is an improvement.
Edit: My HP printer connects via WiFi Direct and works as it should.

Are you sure Playstore certified? Mine is still not get that certified.

Reactions: senseii

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pixel Experience 13 is uploaded, I will maintain this rom while waiting LineageOS 20 ready to build.

Edit : New thread for PE13.
    Thanks
    Will lineageos 19 be updated again?

Yes but not tested by myself anymore since I have to switch my device to PE13.
    The update will be stop once LineageOS 20 source is released officially.
    Pixel Experience 13 is uploaded, I will maintain this rom while waiting LineageOS 20 ready to build.

Edit : New thread for PE13.
    Thanks
    Will lineageos 19 be updated again?
    I have installed : PixelExperience_Plus_clover-12.1-20220708-2239-UNOFFICIAL.zip

Unfortunately i'm not able to update it to the newest version. (because I gave the tablet to someone else I will try to update in next chance I will have it in my hands).

Problem:
    Tablet sometimes turns off and it is hard to turn it on.

Anyone have simillar problem ?
    Just read a bit Last Pages. Another Kernel maybe solves it.
    From Dev options? Thank you but it's the same.

Have you experienced it and solved that way @superpawko ?
    I was able to fix it right away so I dont remember how it looked like. I went somewere maybe in developer otions . Changed Dpi to 600 or 591. It is not Screen size option but problem of DPI.
    Latest rom : lineage-19.1-20220713-UNOFFICIAL-clover+.zip, see this link :

Changelog :
    - July Security Patch (android-12.1.0_r11)
    - Update cam HAL to LA.UM.10.2.1.r1-03300-sdm660.0.
    - Switch to Scarlet-X kernel (4.19)

Installation instructions :
    - Perform a backup of your current ROM (optional)
    - Reboot into recovery/twrp, format data, then reboot into recovery/twrp again.
    - Flash ROM.
    - Flash GApps is optional.

What's not working:
    Let me know.

Known issues :
    - Disabled Encryption
    - Device is not certified

Please post the bug along with log (use syslog).

Source :
    Kernel : clover
    Device tree : sdm660
    Update : latest version lineage-19.0-20211105-UNOFFICIAL-clover-new.zip pass safetynet.
    Hi OP

You are using Pixel build now. Are you continue to update los 19 ?

Thanks

I will continue once the los 19.0 source is released officially.
    Uploading new rom 20211112 (see 1st post for the link) :
    Changelog :
    - Nov security patch
    - SELinux is enforced
    - Upstream update of lineage source
    - Device is certified without magisk
    - Fix battery icon, support monet, etc...
    New update : build date 20211230 (see 1st post for the link), changelog :
    - December security patch
    - Upstream update of lineage source.
    - Kernel update 4.4.296 (thanks to pix106).