LineageOS 19.1 [S] [12.1] (Unofficial) Mi Pad 4 Plus (clover+)

Search This thread

Just666Me

May 27, 2020
Thanks for your nice job @sabar_op !
Is there a chance of getting a non plus LineageOS version for an 8" mipad 4 ?
When I install the + version on my 8" , the font, the menu and all icons are quite small.
For example the system menu is shown in two columns.
Some releases before, you had the + and a non + version.

Thanks in advance

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
Thanks for your nice job @sabar_op !
Is there a chance of getting a non plus LineageOS version for an 8" mipad 4 ?
When I install the + version on my 8" , the font, the menu and all icons are quite small.
For example the system menu is shown in two columns.
Some releases before, you had the + and a non + version.

Thanks in advance
Have a play with font size and screen size settings. On Pixel Experience I find font default and screen large works on my 8"

ShermanTenor

Aug 17, 2013
Toronto
On my Vivo phone running Android 12 in Settings -> System -> System Navigation There are two toggles Hide Bottom Bar and Swipe Horizontally to switch apps. That is not found in Pixel Experience. If that is what people are looking for, I do not want to hide the bottom bar as I use gestures not buttons. However I just discovered if you enable three button nav the Bottom Bar disappears.

I have no issue with they way it is working. This version of Pixel Experience is the best ROM I have ever used on my MiPad 4 8" LTE
I am using a Magisk module to hide the bottom bar as gestures work fine without the visual aid, and I'd rather have the additional screen space for apps etc.. If there was an option in the ROM to get rid of the bottom bar so running an extra module wasn't needed, that would be great IMO.

Thanks to @sabar_op for this ROM!

Just666Me

May 27, 2020
Have a play with font size and screen size settings. On Pixel Experience I find font default and screen large works on my 8"
Not sure, where to set up all to make my 8" looking again like 8", e.g. the two columns in settings.
How to change screen size settings?

Maybe we could share our best 8" experiences and settings here?

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
Not sure, where to set up all to make my 8" looking again like 8", e.g. the two columns in settings.
How to change screen size settings?

Maybe we could share our best 8" experiences and settings here?
I am using Pixel Experience not LOS. But here they are :-
Settings -> Display -> Font Size
Settings -> Display -> Display Size

And I have Dark Theme On

I have two steps up for font size and Display size has 7 options.

z1022

Feb 2, 2012
Device: Xiaomi MiPad 4 Plus LTE (10")
Rom: lineage-19.1-20220517-UNOFFICIAL-clover+.zip
Flash: Dirty flash on top of lineage-19.1-20220411-UNOFFICIAL-clover+.zip (No Wipe, No Format)
Gapps: MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220403_181832.zip
Luncher: Default luncher
Antutu Score: 199080 pt (CPU: 68467, GPU: 34751, MEM: 38493, UX: 57369)

Improvements:
Snappier, feel faster, No status bar. Charging, Battery usage, Cameras, GPS, Wifi, FP, and BT work nominal.

Known Issues:
Some 4G (LTE) connectivity problem (Maybe it's only my device)
Can you advise the step ? thanks

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
hello, I can't start any modern version, it always restarts in bootloader
Did you dirty flash over a version from last year? The new ones are a newer kernel and the structure has changed. If that is the issue then do a clean install. Another possibility is the version of TWRP you are using. It needs to be a 3.6 version. TWRP can be updated from inside TWRP itself.

davidroid1

Jun 8, 2013
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Xiaomi Poco F3
Did you dirty flash over a version from last year? The new ones are a newer kernel and the structure has changed. If that is the issue then do a clean install. Another possibility is the version of TWRP you are using. It needs to be a 3.6 version. TWRP can be updated from inside TWRP itself.

I have tried several versions of 3.6 twrp, and los, such as cherry and bliss, all 3 the same, restart in bootloader

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
I have tried several versions of 3.6 twrp, and los, such as cherry and bliss, all 3 the same, restart in bootloader
Did you clear cache and dalvik cache before the final reboot? Did you format data and system before install?

I use PixelExperience_Plus_clover-12.1-20220518-1441-UNOFFICIAL.zip on my MiPad 4 8" LTE and it works well. There is a folder you will see in TWRP called /vendor and that must not be touched. If you did format it all is not lost but it becomes a bit more complex to fix it.

davidroid1

Jun 8, 2013
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Xiaomi Poco F3
Did you clear cache and dalvik cache before the final reboot? Did you format data and system before install?

I use PixelExperience_Plus_clover-12.1-20220518-1441-UNOFFICIAL.zip on my MiPad 4 8" LTE and it works well. There is a folder you will see in TWRP called /vendor and that must not be touched. If you did format it all is not lost but it becomes a bit more complex to fix it.
if everything i try has the same result, fastboot

davidroid1

Jun 8, 2013
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Xiaomi Poco F3

Have you try to flash xiaomi.eu rom? Still reboot to fastboot?
I can install any ROM, miui, the old los (19.1), but the latest versions 4.19(los, bliss and dotos)I can't install, restart in fastboot

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Latest rom : lineage-19.1-20220928-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip, see this link :

Changelog :
    - Sept Security Patch
    - Update cam HAL to LA.UM.10.2.1.r1-03300-sdm660.0.
    - Switch to 4.19 Nyx kernel

Installation instructions :
    - Perform a backup of your current ROM (optional)
    - Use latest 4.19 twrp created by pix106: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=15664248565197205779)
    - Reboot into recovery/twrp, format data, then reboot into recovery/twrp again.
    - Flash ROM.
    - Flash GApps is optional.

What's not working:
    Let me know.

Known issues :
    - Disabled Encryption

Please post the bug along with log (use syslog).

Source :
    Kernel : clover
    Device tree : sdm660
    Update : latest version lineage-19.0-20211105-UNOFFICIAL-clover-new.zip pass safetynet.
    Hi OP

You are using Pixel build now. Are you continue to update los 19 ?

Thanks

I will continue once the los 19.0 source is released officially.
    Uploading new rom 20211112 (see 1st post for the link) :
    Changelog :
    - Nov security patch
    - SELinux is enforced
    - Upstream update of lineage source
    - Device is certified without magisk
    - Fix battery icon, support monet, etc...
    New update : build date 20211230 (see 1st post for the link), changelog :
    - December security patch
    - Upstream update of lineage source.
    - Kernel update 4.4.296 (thanks to pix106).