LineageOS 20.0 (Android 13) for Mi Pad 4 Plus

Search This thread

pndwal

The official TWRP is based on 4.4 kernel, it will work in 4.19 kernel rom if the rom has same encryption type with the TWRP.
Before I build the rom with same encryption type with official TWRP then I change it follow the pix106's TWRP.
Thanks, makes sense. 👍...

I see pix106 has 3.6.2_9 (A11) for both 4.4 and 4.19, but has only updated 4.19 to 3.7.0_9 (A12)...

BTW OP here still points to his old version 3.6.2_9... PW

Argaricolm

Oct 15, 2022
Have you installed the 4.19 version of TWRP?

Yes 3.6.2 was installed. Now installed latest version 3.7. And still it did not started to system.
Only Data wipe allowed to start system. But ofcourse all data lost.
Switched to 03.10 version. Maybe the problem is because of 10.10 version (because it does not work fine with GApps).

Last edited:
Reactions: pndwal

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
Yes 3.6.2 was installed. Now installed latest version 3.7. And still it did not started to system.
Switched to 03.10 version. Maybe the problem is because of 10.10 version (because it does not work fine with GApps).
I installed 10.10 and it was not functional, so I wiped it and installed 03.10 and got it running, then dirty flashed 10.10 and it is working OK. That strategy was suggested by @Argaricolm
The camera is still an issue.

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
I also set up my tablet to feed music from my Tidal account to a DAC using LDAC. HiRes audio from Tidal shows as HiRes Audio on the DAC display so the MiPad is sending the good stuff via LDAC Bluetooth codec. Sounds very good. My MiPad is now a handheld jukebox driving my HiFi and doing it well.

Reactions: pndwal

zyhk

May 9, 2020
I also set up my tablet to feed music from my Tidal account to a DAC using LDAC. HiRes audio from Tidal shows as HiRes Audio on the DAC display so the MiPad is sending the good stuff via LDAC Bluetooth codec. Sounds very good. My MiPad is now a handheld jukebox driving my HiFi and doing it well.
If you like very hi-fi audio, I recommend using my magisk module DRC remover. All sound outputs (BT audio, USB audio, 3.5mm jack, even with a special pseudo driver) on this device (as it is) are under DRC (Dynamic Range Control, i.e., compression).

Edit: See No.76.

Last edited:
Reactions: GregEden

Argaricolm

Oct 15, 2022
So far version from 03.10 works. No bootloops.
Can't format external SD card in it to use as an extra memory. Some error about null object appears during format.

LeshaRB

Apr 21, 2017
Lenovo Legion Duel
Coolhttps://sourceforge.net/projects/clover-mipad4/files/lineage-20.0-20221101-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip/download

I'll try it today
maybe also backup fixed?)

GregEden

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
Can the back up be disabled? It never worked for me. Why not use Google account backup? That works for me, but I could not stop the continuous notifications about backup failed.

rohit3192

Jul 26, 2011
camera of PE 31.10.22 build seemed very slow to respond. now trying LOS 1.11.22 build with NikGapps .

zyhk

May 9, 2020
If you like very hi-fi audio, I recommend using my magisk module DRC remover. All sound outputs (BT audio, USB audio, 3.5mm jack, even with a special pseudo driver) on this device (as it is) are under DRC (Dynamic Range Control, i.e., compression).
I wrote above based on LineageOS 19.1 at that time. Now I've just updated my pad4 to LineageOS 20.0, and found that this latter ROM inverted the meaning of the DRC switch ("speaker_drc_enabled" in "/vendor/etc/audio_policy_configuration.xml") unlike the former one. A bug or a tweak? (why not turn off the switch?)

Under the default state all audio outputs are now without DRC, but are unusually with DRC when DRC remover is used.

Edit:
You can easily check the audio outputs with/without DRC by switching "on/off" on the fly if you use my root script USB SampleRate Changer (for not only USB DAC's, but also a 3.5mm jack, an internal speaker and Bluetooth earphones).

Last edited:

rohit3192

Jul 26, 2011
google call recording feature does not work on LOS (used previous build with Nikgapps) can anybody tell why? call recording available in PE.

zyhk

May 9, 2020
Thanks @sabar_op, I was able to update my pad4 LTE (Nikgapps core and Magisk) from 01.11.22 ROM by dirty flashing without problems.

I confirmed that Safetynet passed.

Top Liked Posts