LineageOS 20.0 (Android 13) [Signature Spoofing][OTA updates] for S7 Edge Exynos

Search This thread

Ivan_Meler

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
Here is a surprise little update for you all, and here is a brief changelog:
- Cleaned up patches used for non-BPF kernel
- Performance stability and battery life improvements
- Synced with LineageOS source

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project so far and helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee, this project wouldnt be possible without them.

Enjoy new builds and stay safe

gayoso

Nov 29, 2022
Hello, I have upgraded from L17 to L20 without updating twrp, I need to change because the battery is draining and the applications are crashing. Now I can't format to factory settings or enter the recovery, which stays in a loop and doesn't get to enter. What can I do guys?
I tried all methods to reinstall twrp and all send me error

Last edited:

old one2

Jan 4, 2017
Hello, I have upgraded from L17 to L20 without updating twrp, I need to change because the battery is draining and the applications are crashing. Now I can't format to factory settings or enter the recovery, which stays in a loop and doesn't get to enter. What can I do guys?
I tried all methods to reinstall twrp and all send me error
I think you'll have to install stock Samsung rom via Odin, and start again. Twrp and gaps need to be android 13.

Reactions: gayoso

gayoso

Nov 29, 2022
I think you'll have to install stock Samsung rom via Odin, and start again. Twrp and gaps need to be android 13.
Finaly i did it i back to lineage 19 but now i got an issue, wifi work perfect but internet on 4g doesnt work, on lineage 20 i dont search this issue

Last edited:

Ivan_Meler

Staff member
December builds are finally out, here is a brief changelog
- Merged December 2022. Security update
- Merged android QPR1 December update

As always huge thanks to everyone who supported this project, helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee.
This project wouldnt be possible without them and we wouldnt have latest android version running on almost 7 years old phone.

GaucovyAero

Dec 9, 2022
Hi Ivan, good job on the ROM. Two bugs/things ima point out tho. First which has been mentioned above ^^^, the default Trebuchet launcher accounts for 2 or 3-button virtual screen navigation even if you are using the physical buttons (multitasking, home and back virtual buttons), which basically means that if you don't choose to use gesture navigation, the icons on the home screen will have padding as if the virtual buttons were there, except that they aren't.
Second thing I wanna mention is that Mobile data usage tracking isn't working (it was working on Lineage 19.1 from what I remember). It's always showing 0B total usage, not sure if there's a fix for that.
Device: S7 Edge SM-G935F
edit: note that im still on the whatever update that was before the update of today, i will try updating first
edit: the bug with trebuchet got fixed, but a new bug appeared (the aosp keyboard is now only usable in landscape mode, its out of screen on portrait). updated via ota update and then twrp 3.6.2 from the official twrp website, im using magisk tho. my mobile operator is t-com, or telecom, telekom, t-mobile, no idea how its called, the pink thing basically

Attachments

• screen-20221209-234500.mp4
    21.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

mauam

Jan 26, 2011
Hi, today had some issues with my primary phone, so I inserted the sim card on my s7e but it's not working. I even clean flashed the ROM with the sim inserted but it's not even detected. Anyone knows how to solve this?

Edited: ok, I fixed the imei & baseband by flashing the G935FXXU8EUE1-DevBase v7.4 rom, then Los 20 again & the sim card works perfectly now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahmad-issa1999

Ivan_Meler

Staff member
New build is up that should address some discrepancies from previous build (like missing color choice when changing wallpaper)
- Added back some features that were missing from QPR1
- Misc performance and stability improvements

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project, helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee, this project wouldnt be possible without them.

azerty9971

Jun 19, 2019
Hello everyone,
Am I the only one that has problem with the screen when going out of lock?

Sometime my screen stays black for maybe 20~30 seconds before working again when I unlock my phone.

I feel the vibration and hear the sound that my phone unlocked but the screen remains black...
This happens on an SM-G935F with Ivan's latest build.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

• Wow

sid god

Apr 17, 2016
New build is up that should address some discrepancies from previous build (like missing color choice when changing wallpaper)

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project, helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee, this project wouldnt be possible without them.

Hi Ivan, big fan please keep bringing newer android OS for s7 edge
Does Volte work on LineageOS 20.0 for hero2lte ?.
Thank you,
sidd

GaucovyAero

Dec 9, 2022
Hi Ivan, good job on the ROM. Two bugs/things ima point out tho. First which has been mentioned above ^^^, the default Trebuchet launcher accounts for 2 or 3-button virtual screen navigation even if you are using the physical buttons (multitasking, home and back virtual buttons), which basically means that if you don't choose to use gesture navigation, the icons on the home screen will have padding as if the virtual buttons were there, except that they aren't.
Second thing I wanna mention is that Mobile data usage tracking isn't working (it was working on Lineage 19.1 from what I remember). It's always showing 0B total usage, not sure if there's a fix for that.
Device: S7 Edge SM-G935F
edit: note that im still on the whatever update that was before the update of today, i will try updating first
edit: the bug with trebuchet got fixed, but a new bug appeared (the aosp keyboard is now only usable in landscape mode, its out of screen on portrait). updated via ota update and then twrp 3.6.2 from the official twrp website, im using magisk tho. my mobile operator is t-com, or telecom, telekom, t-mobile, no idea how its called, the pink thing basically
Here the only-horizontal issue is only present if i dont have a navbar, if i have a navbar set, then its fine, everything is working fine with other keyboards even if i dont have a navbar, just not the included aosp.

• Wow

drbauer

Dec 20, 2022
Hi, been using this for few days now and noticed two things - i know that it is advised to post logs but i feel like these things don't need them

First thing is the hw button backlight - the timeout works only if user interacts with the screen - turns off when screen is touched and the timeout is done - otherwise stays on until user screen interact

Second thing is audio crackle whilst using bluetooth headset (og galaxy buds & spotify) when the device is under load - it is fine 99% of the time but sometimes when the cpu is under heavier load for a short peak, the sound crackles (did not test with other bt headset/aux yet)

Otherwise, this rom is insane, the stock rom was nearly unusable, thing thing absolutely rocks
I am looking forward to new updates :))

Thanks Ivan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here we go, first builds of 2023. are out. and here is a brief changelog
    - Merged January 2023. Security update
    - Camera app improvements

This year will mark 7 years since release of s7 and well here we are with latest android version and security update.
    Big thanks to everyone who supported this project with donations that helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee, this project wouldnt be possible without them.

19.1,18.1 and 17.1 builds will be released next week

Enjoy new builds.
    Seems to be working well!

Another ? Are antivirus app like "avg" worth having or are just a waste of money?
    A waste of money, battery & other phone's resources. If you're uncertain about any app, simply use virus total online site. I can understand why someone uses an av on a PC but on Android I do not. Also remember that the best antivirus is your brain (common sense).
    I've tested it and so far it runs very smooth, thank you for your work :). However, I encounter something: The speech quality when calling somebody is very poor (not matter if via loudspeaker or directly on the ear). The person on the other end of the call also reports an echo (both via the normal phone call and via Whatsapp call).Has anybody else observed something similar?

Funny enough this only occurs on calls. If I record audio via Whatsapp for instance, the quality is good.

EDIT: I just saw this comment
    @Ivan_Meler awesome, mate! Is Android 13 affected by the in-call echo issue like the previous versions?

Unfortunately it seems to be. Do you know if there is a way to fix it?

E2: Since I am not the only one, I think that it would be fair to potential users to mention these issues under "not working". I called a couple of people today and they said, it makes no fun to talk with that kind of low quality and echo. Since calling people is one of the main features, I think it should be mentioned.

None the less, I donated a coffee for your efforts :)
    Yep, always use 3.6.2_9-0, 3.7.0 just does not work for some reason
    It doesnt work because it's size is larger than the recovery partition, Ivan knows it, he said that the twrp team has to do something about it
    Hi everybody, a newbie here in the Android upgrade world on S7 edge. I love this phone and gave it a try to use with A13. All my remarks for newbies to avoid problems in the process of upgrading. Hope it helps.

1. Make sure your PC samsung usb drivers are up to date. Download it from https://developer.samsung.com/android-usb-driver. Install it and check the result of the installation with USBDeview. Google it and download, install, run. Check the presence of samsung drivers. I have got 6 of them. Connect and unconnect the phone, check the connection status changes from plain to green for the samsung drivers. This step is very important because Odin will hang out if the drivers are not in good shape.

2. Make backup from the phone. This step is one of the most important one. Connect the phone to PC and save all the photos and videos from the phone walking through on all the libraries. I used google backup, had 1.2GByte of it without pictures and I thought I am fine, all my apps and settings are backed up. Not. I was not able to restore my apps. Contacts were restored, but no messages, call history either, no apps. Luckily I made a "copy" of all the important apps on a Redmi 7, like Authenticator, pw manager and I was able to restore these from the Redmi to S7.

3. Download Odin3 from odindownload.com. Use this method instead of adb, fastboot, etc. If point 1 is OK, you will not have any problem downloading the install kits to the phone via Odin3.

4. Download twrp from twrp.me specific to the S7/edge. Select the 3.6.2_9-0 version instead of 3.7, it works for Android 13 even if it is mentioning only Anndroid12 as supported.

5. Download the lineOs image from the first post of this forum

6. Download the Nikgaps zip from the first post of this forum

7. Use the following Youtube video for the next steps, it is detailed:
    . Do not brother about the Android 12 in the title, the steps are the same for Andoid13. Slow down the play speed when necesary to make sure not miss any steps, especially twrp functions recorded quickly and easy to mess. There is one crucial step when you have to be very quick: When finished twrp uploading to the phone and reboot with volume down-home-power button combo (combo1) the screen goes blank. At this moment quickly switch to the volume up-home-power button combination (combo2) to boot into twrp. Hold this combo until you see twrp screen. If you are not quick enough then you will boot into the stock recovery which displays "updating" and "file not found" messages. If this is the case than press combo1 again to go to download mode and combo1 again to leave dowloading mode. When the screen goes blank than very quickly press combo2 and hold it. I was sucessfully boot into twrp on the third attempt, do not give it up, repeat the process. All the other steps I found clear and these are worked for me. Mabe I am wrong with the combos, veterans could comment it to help the others.

8. The Lineos20 is installed on the phone, follow the initial setup instructions. For some reason I was not able to set up the fingerprint sensor in the initial setup. After the initial setup I added fingerprints in the Settings but I was not able to set the lock screen unlock function to use the fingerprint. Needs to be investigated.

9. Google play is your friend, install all of your apps and set them. Restore data files from the backups.

10. Stock browser was throwing some error messages in some cases but Chrome working well. Stock browser is disabled in Settings, Chrome jumps in with no problem.

11. Calls are not echoed. It is not a super audio quality but OK for me. Camera is basic but it is OK for me. Battery consumption seems to be OK, no excess drainage. NFC working with Yubikey 5 NFC. BT is OK.

12. Started to learn the UI, features, etc.

13. Banking apps usage - Magisk installation and setup. Use https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/tag/v25.2 link to download magisk on the phone download directory. Rename the file .apk extension to .zip. Copy the file and rename the copy uninstall.zip. If you want to deinstall Magisk later then use this uninstall.zip file from TWRP to do it. Enter into recovery mode, use TWRP to install the downloaded and renamed magisk zip file. To setup Magisk after install check the following video:

14. If you reached this point without bricked your S7/edge and everything seems to be working than sit back, relax, drink a beer and do not forget to support Ivan, as I did via Paypal. 🍺🍻 Thank you Ivan all the effort! Do not forget to support your phone with new 3D curved screen protector and a new leather case! Your phone is re-birthed, like a new.

15. Time to time I will report back experience with the new install, how it works in the day to day tasks.
    k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 20.0 for hero2lte

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Working:
    - Wifi
    - Sound
    - mali drivers
    - USB tethering
    - HW Backed video Playback
    - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
    - Sensors
    - Buttons
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi HotSpot
    - MTP
    - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
    - HW encoding/decoding
    - HWcomposer (HWC)
    - Charging with device powered off
    - Stuff I didn't test yet
    - Camera
    - GPS
    - Fingerprint Sensor
    - Mobicore
    - SW codecs

Not Working
    - Storage Encryption (WIP switching to FBE from FDE since FDE was removed in 13)
    - Network trafic monitoring (WIP, same reason as bellow, uses BPF)
    - BPF specific functions like fancy new GPU monitoring in Android 13

Keep in mind that some LineageOS features have not been completed yet this is not a device bug and please do not report those
    Also do not post bug reports for known issues or bug reports without proper
    a) Logcat
    b) proc/last_kmsg (or proc/kmsg)
    c) data/tombstones
    d) dmesg

Install gapps right after installing the rom itself don't try to boot to system before that if you want to use gapps (Or wipe data before installing them)

NikGapps have been updated to 13, you might need to clean flash if you used other gapps in past including nikgapps 12.1 version

Make sure you are using latest official TWRP before installing rom older versions do not have proper android 12/13 support

Downloads:
    Google Drive
    Mega.nz
    GitHub Releases
    MD5: 3bfe8a47688057c856a20c2f1a5c3177

if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee paypal.me/ivanmeler

BTC: 1Q823BsSbEKP62JFM7BjXiRCgF84qgcFST
    ETH(erc20): 0xc7272f851a692c679e85f18a62632c580ef3bdee
    Donations help cover the build server cost and since I do this in my free time, and also cover the coffee for time spent debugging stuff

Feel free to join telegram group with early builds progress updates and some off topic stuff Join

Based On Android 13/T
    Changelog

- Merged December 2022. Security update
    - Merged android QPR1 December update

- Merged November 2022. Security update
    - Cleaned up patches source

- Merged october 2022. Security update
    - Improved UI performance
    - Fixed issues that were caused by nav bar changes
    - Improved stock camera app
    - Cleaned up list of patches needed to reproduce builds

- Fixed samsungs bug with gps where it would start acting up over time due to time rollover bug
    - Implemented gesture navigation settings
    - Removed leftover unused blobs
    - Updated neural network interface lib

- Added button backlight control
    - Unpinned deprecated updatable media apex jar from ram
    - Allowed system to override some bluetooth props
    - Performance and stability improvements
    - Synced with LineageOS source (Almost all of lineageos features should be there and work now)

- Removed libhidl hacks and updated libs that required it in past
    - Switched to new audio service to remove need for hacks in original one
    - Updated kernel build flags for new build enviroment

- Merged September 2022. Security update
    - Updated chromium webview to 105.0.5195.79
    - Added more customization options powered by Monet

- Most of lineageos features have been implemented

- Initial release

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 20.0 for S7 Edge, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Contributors
    Ivan_Meler
    Source Code: https://github.com/8890q/android_kernel_samsung_universal8890/tree/lineage-19.1

ROM OS Version: Android 13
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.x

Version Information
    Testing
    Here we go, first builds of 2023. are out. and here is a brief changelog

This year will mark 7 years since release of s7 and well here we are with latest android version and security update.
    Big thanks to everyone who supported this project with donations that helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee, this project wouldnt be possible without them.

19.1,18.1 and 17.1 builds will be released next week

Enjoy new builds.
    Here is a surprise little update for you all, and here is a brief changelog:

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project so far and helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee, this project wouldnt be possible without them.

Builds are mostly ready for daily use, i had no major issues while testing but some lineageos extras are not implemented yet as its still eaarly days in android 13 development

Huge thanks to everyone who supported this project, helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee/pizza for time spent on development, This project wouldnt be possible without them

You can find some screenshots here