LineageOS 20.0 (Android 13) [Signature Spoofing][OTA updates] for S7 Exynos

Search This thread

netra3441

Sep 24, 2022
Germany
Hello forum,

here the lake rests quietly? Why?

So I'll write something.

As you can read here in this thread, I now use Ivan Meler's LineageOS 20 entirely without Google Systems Framework (GSF), i.e. without *Gapps.

Firstly, the Samsung Galaxy S7 runs much faster without *Gapps, and secondly, the battery consumption is much lower.

Instead of the Google Play Store app, I use the Aurora app - and it shows me whether there are trackers in every app in the Google Play Store.

And what shall I tell you? There are trackers in almost every app in the Google Play Store, and possibly other dirt that no honest person needs. Apart from the fact that the Google Play Store contains vast amounts of completely superfluous apps twice and three times, even four and five times or more.

So questions: why does Google allow apps in its Playstore that are full of trackers and other junk, why doesn't Google sift through them properly so that all the junk apps can get out there?

It is often claimed that the apps in other stores, i.e. Fdroid and others, are contaminated with viruses and spyware.

In fact, it's more likely that the stuff in the Google Play Store is heavily contaminated with all sorts of crap stuff.

So, that was my mustard for today.

Finally, I would like to ask, how you, @Ivan_Meler, are doing, because you haven't moved for a long time. Everything ok?

Greetings
net3441

drbauer

Dec 20, 2022
Last few days noticing the phone getting very warm while under normal use, significant battery drain and sometimes battery percentage keeps dropping even with the charger connected (charger has enough wattage & cable is good)
:((

netra3441

Sep 24, 2022
Germany
Last few days noticing the phone getting very warm while under normal use, significant battery drain and sometimes battery percentage keeps dropping even with the charger connected (charger has enough wattage & cable is good)
:((
Well, this issue was discussed here yet, read this thread.

One reason can be, that you had installed a *Gapps. This causes a very heavy battery drain, also a heating of battery.

Avoid that Google stuff. LOS20 runs well without Google Systems Framework (GSF). Do a clean new install of LOS20, but now without that *Gapps.

After installation use Aurora app, so you can reach some apps from Google Play Store, you had installed before. Additional use Fdroid store.

With both your Samsung Galaxy S7 runs properly.

Thats the way, I did, and I am happy with.

Reactions: xdastedt

ScanX

Jun 30, 2015

notquitenull

Jun 13, 2023
[bug report]
Hello all,

I have encountered a rather annoying bug:
Google maps (and GPS Status) will randomly close and send me to the home screen. When I re open Maps it has forgotten everything about my navigation and I have to re enter my destination every time this happens.

I hope that the attached files provide all the nesecarry information, if you need me to provide anything else let me know.

I really like the ROM otherwise, and would hate to return to stock because of this, but I rely on my phone for navigation, and 1h to 3h drives are not uncommon for me. I am also aware that this is probably a passion project and not worked on full time, so I don't expect this to be fixed over night xD

Cheers
NotQuiteNull

Attachments

• kmsg.txt
    4.9 KB · Views: 10
  • paclist.txt
    10.3 KB · Views: 4

netra3441

Sep 24, 2022
Germany
[bug report]
Hello all,

I have encountered a rather annoying bug:
Google maps (and GPS Status) will randomly close and send me to the home screen. When I re open Maps it has forgotten everything about my navigation and I have to re enter my destination every time this happens.

I hope that the attached files provide all the nesecarry information, if you need me to provide anything else let me know.

I really like the ROM otherwise, and would hate to return to stock because of this, but I rely on my phone for navigation, and 1h to 3h drives are not uncommon for me. I am also aware that this is probably a passion project and not worked on full time, so I don't expect this to be fixed over night xD

Cheers
NotQuiteNull
Well... as it seems, you had installed a *Gapps, it looks like the NikGapps. Is that right?

In the past there were issues with this NikGapps because of massive battery drain and heating up.

Is the Google stuff so important for you?

If not, do again a clean new installation of LOS 20, but now without (!!!) any *Gapps.

Then you dont have Google Systems Framework (GSF) on you S7 anymore.

After clean new installation of LOS20 use Aurora app to get some of the apps from Google Play Store, you had used before.

Additionally use FDroid store to get apps without all that Google mess.

In Fdroid store you will find OsmAnd Navigation app. This uses the OpenStreetMaps, and you can work offline with it, you can download all the maps, you need and save them them on an sdcard. I did not have tried that OsmAnd in a car, but I guess, that this would work much better than the Google Maps...

I know, that maybe deny Google in the future might be a big step for you, but it is neccessary to change your mind in this, to rethink, and to give your old Samsung Galaxy S7 a new spirit.

I am very happy without the Google stuff (GSF) and without that addiction to Google... Google is not your friend, its your enemy.

Ivan_Meler

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
June builds are up, after some delay due to pixel feature drop merge at lineageos and googles source release delay.
Here is a brief changelog
- Merged June 2023. Security update
- Merged latest pixel feature drop
- misc performance and stability improvements
- Synced with LineageOS source

As always big thanks to everyone who supported this project, helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee, this project wouldnt be possible without your support

Enjoy new builds and stay safe

netra3441

Sep 24, 2022
Germany
June builds are up, after some delay due to pixel feature drop merge at lineageos and googles source release delay.

As always big thanks to everyone who supported this project, helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee, this project wouldnt be possible without your support

@Ivan_Meler thanks a lot for your good work and great efforts!!! (y)😘

MaelZ

Sep 13, 2022

Thanks Ivan !! :)

Last edited:

c-snees

Jun 27, 2023
I installed LineageOS and booted up. But then realised I needed NikGApps, so I rebooted to TWRP and deleted data and installed NikGApps and this worked. I got the phone all working. I was going to use the phone for Pokemon Go and Polygon. So far, I could get Polygon and Pokemon to work, but not to share location etc. I was told I needed Magisk. So I went back into TWRP mode and put Magisk's latest APK file (renamed to .zip as recommended) and flashed that. Magisk appeared, I did some updates, installed and granted Polygon SuperUser access. But now I can no longer access Pokemon Go, it is almost as if NikGApps isn't there again.

Any ideas on the fix?

Ex novo

Apr 21, 2018
I installed LineageOS and booted up. But then realised I needed NikGApps, so I rebooted to TWRP and deleted data and installed NikGApps and this worked. I got the phone all working. I was going to use the phone for Pokemon Go and Polygon. So far, I could get Polygon and Pokemon to work, but not to share location etc. I was told I needed Magisk. So I went back into TWRP mode and put Magisk's latest APK file (renamed to .zip as recommended) and flashed that. Magisk appeared, I did some updates, installed and granted Polygon SuperUser access. But now I can no longer access Pokemon Go, it is almost as if NikGApps isn't there again.

Any ideas on the fix?
You will probably need to install the "Universal SafetyNet Fix" Magisk module from here: https://xdaforums.com/t/module-mod-universal-safetynet-fix.4553699/ You must install the module "safetynet-fix-v2.4.0-MOD_1.3-Zygisk.zip"
You must also in the Magisk settings hide the Magisk app, enable Zygisk, Force Deny List Application and configure Deny List (include the Pokemon go app in the deny list).
After installing the module and restarting, clean Google Play Store and Google Play Services data. After that, the device should appear as certified in the play store settings.
The best place to get help with this type of problem is here: https://xdaforums.com/t/discussion-magisk-the-age-of-zygisk.4393877/

c-snees

Jun 27, 2023
You will probably need to install the "Universal SafetyNet Fix" Magisk module from here: https://xdaforums.com/t/module-mod-universal-safetynet-fix.4553699/ You must install the module "safetynet-fix-v2.4.0-MOD_1.3-Zygisk.zip"
You must also in the Magisk settings hide the Magisk app, enable Zygisk, Force Deny List Application and configure Deny List (include the Pokemon go app in the deny list).
After installing the module and restarting, clean Google Play Store and Google Play Services data. After that, the device should appear as certified in the play store settings.
The best place to get help with this type of problem is here: https://xdaforums.com/t/discussion-magisk-the-age-of-zygisk.4393877/
Thanks for this reply. I did find I needed SafetyNet Fix but wasn't sure what needed to go in the deny list. I will fix that.

GalaxyNote10

Jun 10, 2019

Thanks again for your great work to keep the Galaxy S7 running!

Just starting to use Lineage 20 on my device.
Could it be that you missed to include the "Signature Spoofing" patch?
MicroG tells me "Your ROM has no native support for signature spoofing"

Forron

Dec 27, 2021
I'm sorry to have to disagree with you, but the echo problem is definitely not solved for everyone. LineageOS 16 is the highest version under which the echo does not occur for me. I have just tested this again with the latest version of Ivan.
Perhaps the only reason you read less about it in the forums is because those people who have an affected S7 have resigned themselves to the fact that there will be no newer LineageOS versions usable in their cases (at least not for making calls and keeping friends at the same time). ;-)
I have the echo problem too. Even with the PixelExperience ROM. Is there a fix?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here we go, March security update is here.
    LineageOS 21 builds wont get update this time around as new qpr is still being merged and fixed up
    There were a lot of changes from google in their quarterly platform update soboth LineageOS codebase
    and some device changes are needed for it to be on par with previous builds.

There will be april builds for it soon so it made no sense to push half baked update today.

As always huge thanks to everyone who donated to help cover the build server cost.
    This project wouldnt be possible without you.

April security update is here, nothing more to it this time around
    Unfortunately as you might have noticed patches were posted a bit later past 2 months due my schedule
    Ill also fix Lineage 21 qpr merge in coming days and release update for those builds too, there were tons of changes in qpr that turned out to be a bit problematic

As alwasy huge thanks to everyone who supported this project and helped cover the build server cost.
    Thanks Ivan for the updates :)
    Just for the record, the google dl link in OP is for hero2lte, not herolte.
    Relatively recently, I noticed periodic freezes, which are treated by juggling the battery cable (in my case), and this has already happened 4 times in a week. Immediately after shutting down, I went into TWRP and copied the dmesg log, I will attach it.
    is there a way to record calls as I do on stock nougat.
    k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 20.0 for herolte

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Working:
    - Wifi
    - Sound
    - mali drivers
    - USB tethering
    - HW Backed video Playback
    - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
    - Sensors
    - Buttons
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi HotSpot
    - MTP
    - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
    - HW encoding/decoding
    - HWcomposer (HWC)
    - Charging with device powered off
    - Stuff I didn't test yet
    - Camera
    - GPS
    - Fingerprint Sensor
    - Mobicore
    - SW codecs

Not Working
    - Storage Encryption (WIP switching to FBE from FDE since FDE was removed in 13)
    - Network trafic monitoring (WIP, same reason as bellow, uses BPF)
    - BPF specific functions like fancy new GPU monitoring in Android 13

Keep in mind that some LineageOS features have not been completed yet this is not a device bug and please do not report those
    Also do not post bug reports for known issues or bug reports without proper
    a) Logcat
    b) proc/last_kmsg (or proc/kmsg)
    c) data/tombstones
    d) dmesg

Install gapps right after installing the rom itself don't try to boot to system before that if you want to use gapps (Or wipe data before installing them)

NikGapps have been updated to 13, you might need to clean flash if you used other gapps in past including nikgapps 12.1 version

Make sure you are using latest official TWRP before installing rom older versions do not have proper android 12/13 support

Downloads:
    Google Drive
    Mega.nz
    GitHub Releases
    MD5: 722b0f5f40f3e276e161fd7aeba7b8a2

if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee http://paypal.me/melerivan

BTC: 1Q823BsSbEKP62JFM7BjXiRCgF84qgcFST
    ETH(erc20): 0x979a8e42551e62e6994d3762c9d9f0e76b5d87f9
    Donations help cover the build server cost and since I do this in my free time, and also cover the coffee for time spent debugging stuff

Feel free to join telegram group with early builds progress updates and some off topic stuff Join

Based On Android 13/T
    Changelog

- Merged April security update

- Merged March security update

- Merged February security update

- Merged January security update

- Merged December security update

- Merged November 2023. Security update
    - Fixed OTA updater

- Merged October 2023. Security Update

- Fixed issues with fp staying always on
    - Merged september 2023 security update

- Merged August 2023. security update

- Fixed issue of fingerprint staying active with screen off

- Merged July 2023. Security update
    - Fixed misc issues caused by June pixel feature drop

- Merged May 2023. Security update

- Switched to more source built components from new Exynos 850/Linaro BSP
    • hwcomposer
    • memtrack
    • libion_exynos
    • libGrallocWrapper
    • gralloc
    • libcsc
    • libexynosscaler
    • libexynosgscaler
    • libhwjpeg
    • Whole OMX stack (libOMX.Exynos.*) and stagefrighthw
    - Cleaned up source and got rid of libutils vndk32 workaround
    - Performance, stability and battery life improvements

- Merged April 2023. Security update
    - Updated selinux and removed neverallow rules to make device more secure
    - Fixed some issues introduced in QPR2

Fixed double tap to wake

- Merged March 2023. Security update
    - Misc performance and stability improvements
    - Merged QPR2
    - Added aptX HD support

- Further Improved UI performance
    - Began process of adding Note FE/7 support to universal8890-common codebase

- Merged February 2023. Security update
    - Improved UI performance
    - Misc stability improvements
    - Fixed race condition in rotation that would rarely prevent screen from waking up

- Merged January 2023. Security update
    - Camera app improvements

- Added back some features that were missing from QPR1

- Merged December 2022. Security update
    - Merged android QPR1 December update

- Cleaned up patches used for non-BPF kernel
    - Performance stability and battery life improvements

- Merged November 2022. Security update
    - Cleaned up patches source

- Merged october 2022. Security update
    - Fixed issues that were caused by nav bar changes
    - Improved stock camera app
    - Cleaned up list of patches needed to reproduce builds

- Fixed samsungs bug with gps where it would start acting up over time due to time rollover bug
    - Implemented gesture navigation settings
    - Removed leftover unused blobs
    - Updated neural network interface lib

- Added button backlight control
    - Unpinned deprecated updatable media apex jar from ram
    - Allowed system to override some bluetooth props
    - Performance and stability improvements
    - Synced with LineageOS source (Almost all of lineageos features should be there and work now)

- Removed libhidl hacks and updated libs that required it in past
    - Switched to new audio service to remove need for hacks in original one
    - Updated kernel build flags for new build enviroment

- Merged September 2022. Security update
    - Updated chromium webview to 105.0.5195.79
    - Added more customization options powered by Monet

- Most of lineageos features have been implemented

- Initial release

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 20.0 for S7, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S7

Contributors
    Ivan_Meler
    Source Code: https://github.com/8890q/android_kernel_samsung_universal8890/tree/lineage-19.1

ROM OS Version: Android 13
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.x

Version Information
    Testing
    Here we go first update of 2024, Security updates from January 2024 are included in this one.
    I also finally had time to fix some remaining bugs in android 14 so releases are coming soon (Unfortunately missed my target to release them before years end)

As always huge thanks to everyone who has supported this project and helped cover the build server cost, this project wouldnt be possible without comunity support.

Enjoy new builds and stay safe.
    Here is a little surprise update for everyone here.. So lets begin with a changelog
    - Switched to more source built components from new Exynos 850/Linaro BSP
    • hwcomposer
    • memtrack
    • libion_exynos
    • libGrallocWrapper
    • gralloc
    • libcsc
    • libexynosscaler
    • libexynosgscaler
    • libhwjpeg
    • Whole OMX stack (libOMX.Exynos.*) and stagefrighthw
    - Cleaned up source and got rid of libutils vndk32 workaround
    - Performance, stability and battery life improvements

This changes quite a lot of under the hood stuff and gets rid of a lot of proprietary blobs by replacing them with much more up to date source built components, if you are compiling on your own dont forget to update roomservice.xml as always all of the source has been pushed to https://github.com/8890q , This has been in works since middle of 2022 but i never got around to finishing it and fixing few remaining bugs that came from bsp until this week, so i really hope you all enjoy it.
    In general this will help s7 live a bit longer as we have way more control over most of the hals on device

This will also make its way to 19.1 builds soon and maybe even 18.1.

Huge thanks to everyone who supported this project as their donations help cover build server cost and cover coffee spent while debugging some of weirder stuff

February builds are out, here is a brief changelog:
    - Merged February 2023. Security update
    - Misc stability improvements
    - Fixed race condition in rotation that would rarely prevent screen from waking up

19.1, 18.1 and 17.1 builds will be out in a few days if everything goes as planed.

Huge thanks to everyone who supported this project thru the years, helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee, This project wouldnt be possible without your support.

note: github caching seems to be broken and otas wont show up till cached files on github end update, it will hapen eventually and unfortunately i have no control over it.
    You can manually download zip from google drive or mega and flash it in the meantime, Thanks for understanding.