LineageOS 20.0 (Android 13) [Signature Spoofing][OTA updates] for S7 Exynos

Search This thread

vizolover

Dec 23, 2009
Do you use stock camera app or an different app like gcam port, open camera etc ? What gallery app do you use and which camera settings do you use ?
Yes stock camera app from the latest build. Selfie can only shoot in landscape orientation. Opencam and gcam work as expected. Stock gallery and Simple gallery pro produce the same result, stock camera settings.

Video on the other hand has the correct orientation 😂

Last edited:

netra3441

Sep 24, 2022
Hello Forum,

just have a question for understanding the right way:

Actually I run my Samsung Galaxy S7 with LineageOS (LOS) 19.1 and NikGApps 12.1.

For installing LOS 20.0, must I do the install from scratch?

Means, first install newest TWRP with Heimdall and then the LOS 20.0 plus the corresponding NikGApps 13?

Or can I just load the installation file of LOS 20.0 and of corresponding NikGApps 13 onto the SD-Card of my S7 just to do the upgrade for both with the built-in LOS 19.1-upgrader?

Greetings
netra3441

dan54140

Dec 7, 2020
Hello Forum,

just have a question for understanding the right way:

Actually I run my Samsung Galaxy S7 with LineageOS (LOS) 19.1 and NikGApps 12.1.

For installing LOS 20.0, must I do the install from scratch?

Means, first install newest TWRP with Heimdall and then the LOS 20.0 plus the corresponding NikGApps 13?

Or can I just load the installation file of LOS 20.0 and of corresponding NikGApps 13 onto the SD-Card of my S7 just to do the upgrade for both with the built-in LOS 19.1-upgrader?

Greetings
netra3441
good evening in any case it is better to update TWRP and then install lineageos then the Gapps

Reactions: netra3441

Dom Elder

Sep 7, 2022
Hey, I was wondering if you could add a blue light filter where the screen goes orange. There's gray-scale, but I believe that's not effective at reducing the amount of blue light.

przvl

Jun 2, 2019
I've been using the rom for about two weeks now and got two bigger issues:

While it worked fine in the beginning, I'm getting massive slowdowns now from time to time, anyone else has related issues? For me it happens especially with the camera and Telegram (when using reactions, my keyboard won't work for several seconds).

edit: I wiped Cache + Dalvik-Cache already, but it doesn't help.

Second issue:

The flashlight will turn off once the screen gets locked or turns off due to inactivity. I guess this is a bug and not a feature, right? I read that there are issues with long-pressing the On/Off button for activating the flashlight (which worked in previous LOS versions), so is this related to it?

Besides that the rom looks and feels great!

zehkul

Feb 11, 2021
For the phone sometimes hanging issue (it also results in bluetooth underflows and hence choppy/missing audio while the screen is stuck) I tried getting some logcats from the moment things started going south. Apparently the phone hangs so hard that logcat timestamps are jumbled up.
Doesn’t seem to be highly dependent on which apps in particular are opened, just on the system (RAM?) being under heavy load which it doesn’t deal well with.

/edit: last_kmsg after I had to force reboot the device after not reacting for several minutes

Attachments

• phone_stall_logcats.zip
    218.5 KB · Views: 5
  • kmsg.txt.zip
    565.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

ssauger

Aug 12, 2010
Hey, I was wondering if you could add a blue light filter where the screen goes orange. There's gray-scale, but I believe that's not effective at reducing the amount of blue light.
My device is set to german language, so i didn't know how exactly its called. But search for settings -> display -> colors and activate nightlight

przvl

Jun 2, 2019
For the phone sometimes hanging issue (it also results in bluetooth underflows and hence choppy/missing audio while the screen is stuck) I tried getting some logcats from the moment things started going south. Apparently the phone hangs so hard that logcat timestamps are jumbled up.
Doesn’t seem to be highly dependent on which apps in particular are opened, just on the system (RAM?) being under heavy load which it doesn’t deal well with.

/edit: last_kmsg after I had to force reboot the device after not reacting for several minutes

Good to know I'm not the only one with this issue. I assumed these lags are not tied to specific apps, but it makes sense that e.g. camera app requires a lot of ram. I hope we find a solution for that.

edit: I checked the Memory usage in Developer Options, and after Android OS (~1.1GB), Telegram is the second most memory demanding app (~700mb). It makes sense lags happen when there are issues with memory handling.

Last edited:

netra3441

Sep 24, 2022
good evening in any case it is better to update TWRP and then install lineageos then the Gapps
Hi @dan54140

thank you for your response.

Actually I run TWRP 3.6.1_9-0-herolte on my S7, and I wonder if this would be ok for the LOS 20 too?

I have upgraded several smartphones for friends to LOS, but in each case from StockROM.

With the LOS 20.0 and my own S7 this would be the first upgrade inside the LOS, therefore I was unsure, how to handle.

But I still have downloaded newest TWRP for the S7, its 3.6.2_9-0, and also LOS 20.0 and the NikGApps 13, and in next week I will do the upgrade.

What I really miss, would be an LOS upgrade system like with the StockROM, so that one must not install everything new, because this is a damn bunch of work, and as a handicaped person I try to avoid such long periods of sitting at my desk... ;)

Greetings to all
netra3441

netra3441

Sep 24, 2022
My device is set to german language, so i didn't know how exactly its called. But search for settings -> display -> colors and activate nightlight
Hi @ssauger,

I am from Germany also, but because English is the ruling language here, I reply in English.

Could you please tell me, where that settings for the nightlight is to find with the german language menue?

Or is your S7 in LOS 20? I still run 19.1... will upgrade next week.

Greetings
netra3441

ssauger

Aug 12, 2010
Hi @ssauger,

I am from Germany also, but because English is the ruling language here, I reply in English.

Could you please tell me, where that settings for the nightlight is to find with the german language menue?

Greetings
netra3441
Yes, my device has LOS 20 installed. If it is also available in 19.1, i think you will find it in Settings -> Display too.

netra3441

Sep 24, 2022
Yes, my device has LOS 20 installed. If it is also available in 19.1, i think you will find it in Settings -> Display too.
Thanks, have found it in 19.1 under Settings -> Display -> LiveDisplay -> Display(Screen)mode -> Automatic
(in German: Einstellungen -> Display -> LiveDisplay -> Displaymodus -> Bildschirmmodus -> Automatisch)

Reactions: ssauger

przvl

Jun 2, 2019
Hi @dan54140

Actually I run TWRP 3.6.1_9-0-herolte on my S7, and I wonder if this would be ok for the LOS 20 too?

I have upgraded several smartphones for friends to LOS, but in each case from StockROM.

With the LOS 20.0 and my own S7 this would be the first upgrade inside the LOS, therefore I was unsure, how to handle.

But I still have downloaded newest TWRP for the S7, its 3.6.2_9-0, and also LOS 20.0 and the NikGApps 13, and in next week I will do the upgrade.

What I really miss, would be an LOS upgrade system like with the StockROM, so that one must not install everything new, because this is a damn bunch of work, and as a handicaped person I try to avoid such long periods of sitting at my desk... ;)

Greetings to all
netra3441

It's always recommended to do a clean install (wiping data and installing from within TWRP) when changing the ROM or LOS version (e.g. from 19 to 20). But once you run a version (e.g. this LOS 20.0 version), you can install regular updates from within Android without having to wipe anything first.

dan54140

Dec 7, 2020
Hi @ssauger,

Greetings
netra3441

Hi @dan54140

Greetings to all
netra3441
Hello, once LOS 20.0 is installed there are OTA updates

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here we go, November security update is out
    - Merged November 2022. Security update
    - Misc performance and stability improvements
    - Cleaned up patches source
    - Synced with LineageOS source

Some of you might have noticed that there were not any updates after security update, I had a lot going on in personal life and havent had time for android unfortunately hopefully that changes soon so i can finish up few more things that need to be sorted on s7.
    On another note updated 19.1, 18.1 and 17.1 builds will likely be out next week
    Huge thanks for everyone who supported this project so far as their donations help cover the build server cost.
    Enjoy new builds and stay safe.
    Here is a surprise little update for you all, and here is a brief changelog:
    - Cleaned up patches used for non-BPF kernel
    - Performance stability and battery life improvements

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project so far and helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee, this project wouldnt be possible without them.

Enjoy new builds and stay safe
    Hello,
    as far as I know, Ivan's (@Ivan_Meler) sources are also used by Exodusnick for his microG version of LOS. I am still looking for a solution to the echo problem that exists from LOS 17 onwards at least for a part of the S7 devices, so I did a file comparison (all files with "audio" or "mixer" in the name) between LOS 16 and LOS 20.

Unfortunately, I know far too little about Android. But maybe a developer can see a possible cause for the echo problem from the differences in the files, which we can then work on further. For example, I am surprised that the file audio.primary.universal8890.so is missing under .../hw/lib64/, although the S7 has a 64-bit OS (at least I think so).

I would be happy if someone takes the time to have a quick look at the comparison. Maybe we have overlooked something quite obvious so far.

I think it's such a pity that because of the echo you can't use all the new ROMs in everyday life and have to stay with LOS16.

Thank you
    kjoe
    sorry to say but that comparison of files you did is completely pointless and useless, trust me if it was as easy as comparing files somebody wouldve done it
    To everyone who is facing the issue of apps not opening, I isolated the cause to be formatting SD card as internal storage. Right now you can only use SD card as portable storage.

Some of you might have noticed that there were not any updates after security update, I had a lot going on in personal life and havent had time for android unfortunately hopefully that changes soon so i can finish up few more things that need to be sorted on s7.
    Huge thanks for everyone who supported this project so far as their donations help cover the build server cost.
    Thanks for all of your hard work, @Ivan_Meler . I hope things improve for you in your personal life!
    k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 20.0 for herolte

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Working:
    - Wifi
    - Sound
    - mali drivers
    - USB tethering
    - HW Backed video Playback
    - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
    - Sensors
    - Buttons
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi HotSpot
    - MTP
    - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
    - HW encoding/decoding
    - HWcomposer (HWC)
    - Charging with device powered off
    - Stuff I didn't test yet
    - Camera
    - GPS
    - Fingerprint Sensor
    - Mobicore
    - SW codecs

Not Working
    - Storage Encryption (WIP switching to FBE from FDE since FDE was removed in 13)
    - Network trafic monitoring (WIP, same reason as bellow, uses BPF)
    - BPF specific functions like fancy new GPU monitoring in Android 13

Keep in mind that some LineageOS features have not been completed yet this is not a device bug and please do not report those
    Also do not post bug reports for known issues or bug reports without proper
    a) Logcat
    b) proc/last_kmsg (or proc/kmsg)
    c) data/tombstones
    d) dmesg

Install gapps right after installing the rom itself don't try to boot to system before that if you want to use gapps (Or wipe data before installing them)

NikGapps have been updated to 13, you might need to clean flash if you used other gapps in past including nikgapps 12.1 version

Make sure you are using latest official TWRP before installing rom older versions do not have proper android 12/13 support

Downloads:
    Google Drive
    Mega.nz
    GitHub Releases
    MD5: a6afec001f47a1b5fc87198cb6796539

if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee paypal.me/ivanmeler

BTC: 1Q823BsSbEKP62JFM7BjXiRCgF84qgcFST
    ETH(erc20): 0xc7272f851a692c679e85f18a62632c580ef3bdee
    Donations help cover the build server cost and since I do this in my free time, and also cover the coffee for time spent debugging stuff

Feel free to join telegram group with early builds progress updates and some off topic stuff Join

Based On Android 13/T
    Changelog

- Cleaned up patches used for non-BPF kernel
    - Performance stability and battery life improvements

- Merged october 2022. Security update
    - Improved UI performance
    - Fixed issues that were caused by nav bar changes
    - Improved stock camera app
    - Cleaned up list of patches needed to reproduce builds

- Fixed samsungs bug with gps where it would start acting up over time due to time rollover bug
    - Implemented gesture navigation settings
    - Removed leftover unused blobs
    - Updated neural network interface lib

- Added button backlight control
    - Unpinned deprecated updatable media apex jar from ram
    - Allowed system to override some bluetooth props
    - Performance and stability improvements
    - Synced with LineageOS source (Almost all of lineageos features should be there and work now)

- Removed libhidl hacks and updated libs that required it in past
    - Switched to new audio service to remove need for hacks in original one
    - Updated kernel build flags for new build enviroment

- Merged September 2022. Security update
    - Updated chromium webview to 105.0.5195.79
    - Added more customization options powered by Monet

- Most of lineageos features have been implemented

- Initial release

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 20.0 for S7, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S7

Contributors
    Ivan_Meler
    Source Code: https://github.com/8890q/android_kernel_samsung_universal8890/tree/lineage-19.1

ROM OS Version: Android 13
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.x

Version Information
    Testing
    Builds are mostly ready for daily use, i had no major issues while testing but some lineageos extras are not implemented yet as its still eaarly days in android 13 development

Huge thanks to everyone who supported this project, helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee/pizza for time spent on development, This project wouldnt be possible without them

You can find some screenshots here
    New builds are out, here is a brief changelog
    - Added button backlight control
    - Unpinned deprecated updatable media apex jar from ram
    - Allowed system to override some bluetooth props
    - Performance and stability improvements
    - Synced with LineageOS source (Almost all of lineageos features should be there and work now)

Almost all of the lineageos features have been ported to Android 13 now and are working, there still might be a missing few compared to android 12.1 like toggle for software buttons which is work in progress at the moment.

There are also some device side changes that should improve performance stability and battery life

Huge thanks to everyone who supported this project with donations that help cover the build server cost and got me coffee which helps speed things up.

New builds are up here is brief changelog

- Removed libhidl hacks and updated libs that required it in past
    - Switched to new audio service to remove need for hacks in original one
    - Updated kernel build flags for new build enviroment

Huge thanks to everyone who supported this project with donations that help cover build server cost and get me coffee.

Enjoy new builds and stay safe