LineageOS 20.0 (Android 13) [Signature Spoofing][OTA updates] for S7 Exynos

Search This thread

cps2x

Nov 2, 2021
I'm sorry to have to disagree with you, but the echo problem is definitely not solved for everyone. LineageOS 16 is the highest version under which the echo does not occur for me. I have just tested this again with the latest version of Ivan.
Perhaps the only reason you read less about it in the forums is because those people who have an affected S7 have resigned themselves to the fact that there will be no newer LineageOS versions usable in their cases (at least not for making calls and keeping friends at the same time). ;-)

I stayed on v16 during this time and recently when updating I discovered the problem, I have tried from v17 to v20 and indeed they all have echo. We must have a specific hardware, I do not know if it would be useful to give information about our phones but at this point it seems that there is no interest. In any case very grateful for the work done.

Best regards

MastahMatt

Oct 9, 2015
k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 20.0 for herolte

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Working:
- Wifi
- Sound
- mali drivers
- USB tethering
- HW Backed video Playback
- Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
- Sensors
- Buttons
- Bluetooth
- Wifi HotSpot
- MTP
- 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
- HW encoding/decoding
- HWcomposer (HWC)
- Charging with device powered off
- Stuff I didn't test yet
- Camera
- GPS
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Mobicore
- SW codecs

Not Working
- Storage Encryption (WIP switching to FBE from FDE since FDE was removed in 13)
- Network trafic monitoring (WIP, same reason as bellow, uses BPF)
- BPF specific functions like fancy new GPU monitoring in Android 13

Keep in mind that some LineageOS features have not been completed yet this is not a device bug and please do not report those
Also do not post bug reports for known issues or bug reports without proper
a) Logcat
b) proc/last_kmsg (or proc/kmsg)
c) data/tombstones
d) dmesg

Install gapps right after installing the rom itself don't try to boot to system before that if you want to use gapps (Or wipe data before installing them)

NikGapps have been updated to 13, you might need to clean flash if you used other gapps in past including nikgapps 12.1 version

Make sure you are using latest official TWRP before installing rom older versions do not have proper android 12/13 support

Downloads:
Google Drive
Mega.nz
GitHub Releases
MD5: a6afec001f47a1b5fc87198cb6796539

if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee paypal.me/ivanmeler

BTC: 1Q823BsSbEKP62JFM7BjXiRCgF84qgcFST
ETH(erc20): 0xc7272f851a692c679e85f18a62632c580ef3bdee
Donations help cover the build server cost and since I do this in my free time, and also cover the coffee for time spent debugging stuff

Feel free to join telegram group with early builds progress updates and some off topic stuff Join

Based On Android 13/T
Changelog

- Cleaned up patches used for non-BPF kernel
- Performance stability and battery life improvements
- Synced with LineageOS source

- Merged November 2022. Security update
- Misc performance and stability improvements
- Cleaned up patches source

- Merged october 2022. Security update
- Improved UI performance
- Fixed issues that were caused by nav bar changes
- Improved stock camera app
- Cleaned up list of patches needed to reproduce builds

- Fixed samsungs bug with gps where it would start acting up over time due to time rollover bug
- Implemented gesture navigation settings
- Removed leftover unused blobs
- Updated neural network interface lib

- Added button backlight control
- Unpinned deprecated updatable media apex jar from ram
- Allowed system to override some bluetooth props
- Performance and stability improvements
- Synced with LineageOS source (Almost all of lineageos features should be there and work now)

- Removed libhidl hacks and updated libs that required it in past
- Switched to new audio service to remove need for hacks in original one
- Updated kernel build flags for new build enviroment

- Merged September 2022. Security update
- Updated chromium webview to 105.0.5195.79
- Added more customization options powered by Monet

- Most of lineageos features have been implemented

- Initial release

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 20.0 for S7, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S7

Contributors
Ivan_Meler
Source Code: https://github.com/8890q/android_kernel_samsung_universal8890/tree/lineage-19.1

ROM OS Version: Android 13
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.x

Version Information
Testing

Hi,
I've installed the latest release, 20221119, and it's working almost perfectly! Awesome. I've made a full wipe/clean install with NikGapps and I don't regret anything.
Sometimes I have troubles to unlock the smartphone by swiping up, like a small lag in the wipe gesture. Firefox and Google Maps are a bit slow, but the S7 is getting old.

MastahMatt

Oct 9, 2015
Hi,
I've installed the latest release, 20221119, and it's working almost perfectly! Awesome. I've made a full wipe/clean install with NikGapps and I don't regret anything.
Sometimes I have troubles to unlock the smartphone by swiping up, like a small lag in the wipe gesture. Firefox and Google Maps are a bit slow, but the S7 is getting old.
I must weigh what I said previously. When using the camera, I have serious lags and sometimes, Application Not Responding. I've tried the stock photo App and the Google one, but the behavior is quite unpredictable. When it's working, it's working for both Apps, when it's failing, for both Apps too.

Devolix

Dec 1, 2022
Hi @Ivan_Meler
Thank you very much for this nice work! It's impressing to see what people can make possible these days. My friends don't believe me, when I tell them I'm running latest Android 13 on my ancient phone. :) I love it and I'm glad to have an up-to-date security patched device without buying newer one in times everything becomes expensive, more and more. Keep it up!

Although I have a question.
While re-flashing to 20 from the 19.1 build, I noticed the camera quality worsen again. From stock to custom it already went bad, but later it got improved. I'm not sure what exactly it causes and how it can be fixed. It looks like a post-progressing filter what altering the image. Here you can see what I mean, left stock-image, right current build: https://ibb.co/f0P23LW

Is there a chance that you can improve the camera same as in the other builds? I've time and can test builds or donate/pay something if that any helps. Let me now. :)

Ivan_Meler

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
Hi @Ivan_Meler
Thank you very much for this nice work! It's impressing to see what people can make possible these days. My friends don't believe me, when I tell them I'm running latest Android 13 on my ancient phone. :) I love it and I'm glad to have an up-to-date security patched device without buying newer one in times everything becomes expensive, more and more. Keep it up!

Although I have a question.
While re-flashing to 20 from the 19.1 build, I noticed the camera quality worsen again. From stock to custom it already went bad, but later it got improved. I'm not sure what exactly it causes and how it can be fixed. It looks like a post-progressing filter what altering the image. Here you can see what I mean, left stock-image, right current build: https://ibb.co/f0P23LW

Is there a chance that you can improve the camera same as in the other builds? I've time and can test builds or donate/pay something if that any helps. Let me now. :)
oh hey post processing itself didnt change but the app did, check the settings in default camera app, it has 3 modea if i recall correctly zsl,fast and quality.
try setting it to quality you should be getting way better results by just doing that.
there are also apps that are way better than stock camera app like footej, gcam ports and even opencamera

Devolix

Dec 1, 2022
Thank you for the fast reply.

try setting it to quality you should be getting way better results by just doing that.
there are also apps that are way better than stock camera app like footej, gcam ports and even opencamera

Unfortunately, nothing of it changed anything to it ("max quality" basically just doubled the file-size):
(Left to right: Setting to fast, Setting to max quality, Footej, OpenCamera: https://ibb.co/M86cMv8

When zoomed in, you can see the texture is like fissued: https://ibb.co/yBB7Qpw
It reminds me, when I'm using magical erase function in my photo-app on computer, on areas with several different textures or just by a large radius, the app overlays parts of it somehow, that is why my guess was post-progressing, here you can see what I mean by the magical erase fail: https://ibb.co/fYhZxLf

On the phone: Its like the system tries to correct/optimize the whole picture by applying this erase-thing endless times all over the place and making it worse that way. Since, it seems its in every photo-app, maybe it has to do with the drivers in android? Sadly I've no idea how the stuff works, so I'm just guessing. In the 19.1 builds the noise was in as well, but got reduced/softer after a specific build:

- Android 8 Stock: Fine
- LineageOS 19.1: Heavy noise
- LineageOS 19.1 (I think it was since 29.03.2022): Little noise
- LineageOS 20.1 Heavy Noise.

In the changelog:
- "Switched to source built camera provider lib"

Maybe it could fixing it here as well?

It could be also the case that it depends on specific phones, each model using different drivers for stuff, or any like that. Few months ago I have read here about audio issues. Some people reported that the caller has echos in call. (I have the same issue, but it not bothers me really - it just gave me the idea it could different on several phones, since other people reported the audio is perfectly fine for them)

Im using SM-930F (UK Import), phone says also "Hardware version 8", whatever it means. Hope that helps to identify the problem more. If you need any more tests or information, let me know. I would like to help. :)

WebLive

Sep 7, 2022
Translated by Google.

Hello, I'm new here and unfortunately I don't speak English.

Tried several launchers, on lineageos 19.1 + lineageos 20.0, and none enable notification access.

The message comes:
Restricted setting For security reasons, this setting is currently unavailable.

does anyone else have it
Is it because of that -> twitter ?

Ivan_Meler

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
December builds are finally out, here is a brief changelog
- Merged December 2022. Security update
- Merged android QPR1 December update

As always huge thanks to everyone who supported this project, helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee.
This project wouldnt be possible without them and we wouldnt have latest android version running on almost 7 years old phone.

Enjoy new builds and stay safe

netra3441

Sep 24, 2022
Thank you for the fast reply.

Unfortunately, nothing of it changed anything to it ("max quality" basically just doubled the file-size):
(Left to right: Setting to fast, Setting to max quality, Footej, OpenCamera: https://ibb.co/M86cMv8

When zoomed in, you can see the texture is like fissued: https://ibb.co/yBB7Qpw
It reminds me, when I'm using magical erase function in my photo-app on computer, on areas with several different textures or just by a large radius, the app overlays parts of it somehow, that is why my guess was post-progressing, here you can see what I mean by the magical erase fail: https://ibb.co/fYhZxLf

On the phone: Its like the system tries to correct/optimize the whole picture by applying this erase-thing endless times all over the place and making it worse that way. Since, it seems its in every photo-app, maybe it has to do with the drivers in android? Sadly I've no idea how the stuff works, so I'm just guessing. In the 19.1 builds the noise was in as well, but got reduced/softer after a specific build:

- Android 8 Stock: Fine
- LineageOS 19.1: Heavy noise
- LineageOS 19.1 (I think it was since 29.03.2022): Little noise
- LineageOS 20.1 Heavy Noise.

In the changelog:
- "Switched to source built camera provider lib"

Maybe it could fixing it here as well?

It could be also the case that it depends on specific phones, each model using different drivers for stuff, or any like that. Few months ago I have read here about audio issues. Some people reported that the caller has echos in call. (I have the same issue, but it not bothers me really - it just gave me the idea it could different on several phones, since other people reported the audio is perfectly fine for them)

Im using SM-930F (UK Import), phone says also "Hardware version 8", whatever it means. Hope that helps to identify the problem more. If you need any more tests or information, let me know. I would like to help. :)

I use actually LOS 19.1 on my Samsung Galaxy S7. In fact the built-in camera app of LOS is not the yellow of the egg, as we say in Germany ;) Reason for this is, that manufacturer Samsung does not publish its original camera drivers, so standard drivers are used in LOS, and these do not activate all the abilities of the very good camera in the S7.

An improvement is to use another camera app. Furthermore I read somewhere about a "camera2.api" must be installed too, but actually I do not remember, were this was - but here I have a link for you to inform yourself about "camera2.api":

Maybe some other users here know more about this. I use that "Camera2.api" in my Samsung Galaxy S7.

Furthermore I use the App "HD-Kamera" from Google Play Store to make pictures and videos with. This app works fine, pictures in daylight are ok, in rooms with artificial light they are not so good, but acceptable. There are other camera apps in the Googe Play Store, but for me the "HD-Kamera" is ok.

In fact the pictures done with LOS do not have that quality like with StockROM from Samsung, where the Samsung camera hardware drivers are in, but with the u.m. "HD-Camera" pictures are much better than with the built-in camera app of LOS 19.1.

But one thing is very important: always make the pictures and the videos in highest resolution, and when you transmit them f.e. with Whatsapp, take care in the settings of Whatsapp (and other messengers) to set up the transport resolution/quality also to highest, so that the recipients of your pictures and videos get them in the quality, you had made the pictures or videos originally..

There are a lot of people out there, who dont not pay attention for app settings, and so worry, that when they make high resolution pictures or videos, and transmit them with messengers, the quality after the transport is low. Reason is in fact in the settings of the messengers, there the transport of pictures and videos must set to highest quality or resolution.

Sorry for my bad english, but I hope, this helps you a little.

meesam3379

Feb 2, 2022
Samsung Galaxy S7
Oppo A37
Is it possible to take USB Charge to 900Mhz just like in MoroKernel or Thunderstorms kernel?

This is one of the only things holding me back on android 11 since my charging port is damaged and fast charging doesn't work anymore

netra3441

Sep 24, 2022
Is it possible to take USB Charge to 900Mhz just like in MoroKernel or Thunderstorms kernel?

This is one of the only things holding me back on android 11 since my charging port is damaged and fast charging doesn't work anymore

Maybe this could be a solution for you:

I never had charged fast, because honestly I did not knew, that this is possible for my Samsung Galaxy S7.

So I got into the way of having charging units everywhere: at home in each room, also beside my bed, and three in my livingroom/office.

Also when I leave my apartment, I always have USB cables and charging units in a bag with me.

So I am able to load my S7 nearly everywhere.

I am a physically handicapped person, and therefore it is very important for me to have a usable smartphone all the time.

Actually I run my Samsung Galaxy S7 with LineageOS 19.1 (Android 12) in the version of @Ivan_Meler

meesam3379

Feb 2, 2022
Samsung Galaxy S7
Oppo A37
Maybe this could be a solution for you:

I never had charged fast, because honestly I did not knew, that this is possible for my Samsung Galaxy S7.

So I got into the way of having charging units everywhere: at home in each room, also beside my bed, and three in my livingroom/office.

Also when I leave my apartment, I always have USB cables and charging units in a bag with me.

So I am able to load my S7 nearly everywhere.

I am a physically handicapped person, and therefore it is very important for me to have a usable smartphone all the time.

Actually I run my Samsung Galaxy S7 with LineageOS 19.1 (Android 12) in the version of @Ivan_Meler
I don't think I can do something like that
And yes this did have an 18W charger
While using that on AOSP it said "Charging Rapidly" and it did charge at decent speed.
Now it says "Charging Slowly" because of damaged port

CuriousFox446

Aug 15, 2021
New update messed up the keylayout for the DualSense controller, I couldn't play Apex Mobile with my DualSense, I didn't know which kl file was the problem, I tried replacing vendor_054c_product_0ce6.kl with the one I have saved on my SD Card didn't work but it didn't get fixed. So I decided to just replace the whole keylayout folder with the one from LineageOS 19.1 and it seems it fixed the problem.

netra3441

Sep 24, 2022
Hello Forum,

today I got my testing Samsung S7 Galaxy (Exynos herolte) now, and tried to install TWRP.

The TWRP 3.7.0_9-0 tar file does not work, ODIN says just failed.

I use newest ODIN from Samsung. But ODIN does not read IMG-files, so I could not use the 3.7.0 recovery.img, @Ivan_Meler had posted as surrogate, so I used TWRP 3.6.1_9-0 tar file.

With TWRP 3.6.1_9-0 ODIN had worked, but this version of TWRP does not start in the S7, it hangs in the teamwin-bootscreen.

With HOME-POWER-VOLUME- I can start the S7 into ODIN mode, but nothing more.

Also I cannot switch the S7 off.

I would really appreciate any suggestions what to do now.

I tried to download TWRP 3.6.2_9-0 tar file, but this download always fails.

I will give it a try with an elder TWRP.

(y)ADDENDUM:

Well, now it works with TWRP 3.7.0 and LOS 20 and NikGAPPS 13.

The solution: install that "recovery.img" from @Ivan_Meler NOT with Odin under Windows, BUT with Heimdall under Linux.

Weird, but true.

Why so, I dont know.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here we go, first builds of 2023. are out. and here is a brief changelog
    - Merged January 2023. Security update
    - Camera app improvements

This year will mark 7 years since release of s7 and well here we are with latest android version and security update.
    Big thanks to everyone who supported this project with donations that helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee, this project wouldnt be possible without them.

19.1,18.1 and 17.1 builds will be released next week

Enjoy new builds.
    Users of this ROM, could you please tell if the ROM still has phone call issues like the last LineageOS ROM's?

Went back to stock ROM after previous version of LineageOS gave call issues which i cannot daily this phone with main feature i can't compromise

If so i'll need to find a custom ROM without call issue that's all i ask

No points of updates if one of the main features of a mobile phone is broken
    Echoes only seem to occur on some devices (possibly depending on factors such as hardware or provider, but no one seems to have been able to narrow this down yet). I think you can only find out by trying the current rom yourself. In my case, unfortunately, there were echos that were not acceptable for my phone call partners, which is why I continue to use LOS 16. Fortunately, Exodusnick still includes occasional security updates in his builds based on LineageOS 16.0 with microG, so at least the security risk is addressed.

kjoe
    Maybe the target sdk of your app? LOS20 is SDK33.. sometimes compatibility for older apps is depends on rom support.
    How can i check the sdk of the app? The app has no problem on android 13 on different phones and on different roms, like pixel experience.
    First post, so be gentle. Today did my first android upgrade. Using this forums information. Unfortunately using the Lineage OS 20 I had a lot of problems, probably network problems. Although 4G did not give better results. I now upgraded the Oreo to Lineage OS 19.1 and all seems a lot more stable.

I read about wifi problems on some S7's, but I expected this to be in any LineageOS version, but it seams Android 12 is working better than the 13 :)
    may I ask you all onetime more, if the problem with SDcards in LOS 20.0 is now solved?

No problems so far with a 32GB-sized SDcard formatted as removable storage in the newest LineageOS 20.0 build from OP.
    k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 20.0 for herolte

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Working:
    - Wifi
    - Sound
    - mali drivers
    - USB tethering
    - HW Backed video Playback
    - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
    - Sensors
    - Buttons
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi HotSpot
    - MTP
    - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
    - HW encoding/decoding
    - HWcomposer (HWC)
    - Charging with device powered off
    - Stuff I didn't test yet
    - Camera
    - GPS
    - Fingerprint Sensor
    - Mobicore
    - SW codecs

Not Working
    - Storage Encryption (WIP switching to FBE from FDE since FDE was removed in 13)
    - Network trafic monitoring (WIP, same reason as bellow, uses BPF)
    - BPF specific functions like fancy new GPU monitoring in Android 13

Keep in mind that some LineageOS features have not been completed yet this is not a device bug and please do not report those
    Also do not post bug reports for known issues or bug reports without proper
    a) Logcat
    b) proc/last_kmsg (or proc/kmsg)
    c) data/tombstones
    d) dmesg

Install gapps right after installing the rom itself don't try to boot to system before that if you want to use gapps (Or wipe data before installing them)

NikGapps have been updated to 13, you might need to clean flash if you used other gapps in past including nikgapps 12.1 version

Make sure you are using latest official TWRP before installing rom older versions do not have proper android 12/13 support

Downloads:
    Google Drive
    Mega.nz
    GitHub Releases
    MD5: dfeea18f86d2b2a76b5726fdd21fb5a9

if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee paypal.me/ivanmeler

BTC: 1Q823BsSbEKP62JFM7BjXiRCgF84qgcFST
    ETH(erc20): 0xc7272f851a692c679e85f18a62632c580ef3bdee
    Donations help cover the build server cost and since I do this in my free time, and also cover the coffee for time spent debugging stuff

Feel free to join telegram group with early builds progress updates and some off topic stuff Join

Based On Android 13/T
    Changelog

- Added back some features that were missing from QPR1

- Merged December 2022. Security update
    - Merged android QPR1 December update

- Cleaned up patches used for non-BPF kernel
    - Performance stability and battery life improvements

- Merged october 2022. Security update
    - Improved UI performance
    - Fixed issues that were caused by nav bar changes
    - Improved stock camera app
    - Cleaned up list of patches needed to reproduce builds

- Fixed samsungs bug with gps where it would start acting up over time due to time rollover bug
    - Implemented gesture navigation settings
    - Removed leftover unused blobs
    - Updated neural network interface lib

- Synced with LineageOS source (Almost all of lineageos features should be there and work now)

- Removed libhidl hacks and updated libs that required it in past
    - Switched to new audio service to remove need for hacks in original one
    - Updated kernel build flags for new build enviroment

- Merged September 2022. Security update
    - Updated chromium webview to 105.0.5195.79
    - Added more customization options powered by Monet

- Most of lineageos features have been implemented

- Initial release

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 20.0 for S7, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S7

Contributors
    Ivan_Meler
    Source Code: https://github.com/8890q/android_kernel_samsung_universal8890/tree/lineage-19.1

ROM OS Version: Android 13
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.x

Version Information
    Testing
    Here we go, first builds of 2023. are out. and here is a brief changelog

This year will mark 7 years since release of s7 and well here we are with latest android version and security update.
    Big thanks to everyone who supported this project with donations that helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee, this project wouldnt be possible without them.

19.1,18.1 and 17.1 builds will be released next week

Enjoy new builds.
    Builds are mostly ready for daily use, i had no major issues while testing but some lineageos extras are not implemented yet as its still eaarly days in android 13 development

Huge thanks to everyone who supported this project, helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee/pizza for time spent on development, This project wouldnt be possible without them

You can find some screenshots here
    New builds are out, here is a brief changelog

Almost all of the lineageos features have been ported to Android 13 now and are working, there still might be a missing few compared to android 12.1 like toggle for software buttons which is work in progress at the moment.

There are also some device side changes that should improve performance stability and battery life

Huge thanks to everyone who supported this project with donations that help cover the build server cost and got me coffee which helps speed things up.

Enjoy new builds and stay safe.
    Here we go, November security update is out

Some of you might have noticed that there were not any updates after security update, I had a lot going on in personal life and havent had time for android unfortunately hopefully that changes soon so i can finish up few more things that need to be sorted on s7.
    On another note updated 19.1, 18.1 and 17.1 builds will likely be out next week
    Huge thanks for everyone who supported this project so far as their donations help cover the build server cost.
    Enjoy new builds and stay safe.