LineageOS 20.0 (Android 13) [Signature Spoofing][OTA updates] for S7 Exynos

Search This thread

grindim

Oct 31, 2011
Installed twrp-3.6.2_9-0-herolte, lineage-20.0-20220919-UNOFFICIAL-herolte, NikGapps-core-arm64-13-20220908-signed, Magisk-v25.2 I installed everything that I usually use, everything works fine, smoothly, without errors, except for the backlight of the buttons, but this was mentioned. The only problem that does not allow you to use this firmware, when the interlocutor hears himself, he has an echo. This problem is probably on all custom firmware and it can not be solved in any way. It is extremely inconvenient to use because of it. If there is a way to fix this, please let me know.

meesam3379

Installed twrp-3.6.2_9-0-herolte, lineage-20.0-20220919-UNOFFICIAL-herolte, NikGapps-core-arm64-13-20220908-signed, Magisk-v25.2 I installed everything that I usually use, everything works fine, smoothly, without errors, except for the backlight of the buttons, but this was mentioned. The only problem that does not allow you to use this firmware, when the interlocutor hears himself, he has an echo. This problem is probably on all custom firmware and it can not be solved in any way. It is extremely inconvenient to use because of it. If there is a way to fix this, please let me know.
The echo issue was fixed in LineageOS 19.1

kjoetom

Aug 15, 2020
I'm sorry to have to disagree with you, but the echo problem is definitely not solved for everyone. LineageOS 16 is the highest version under which the echo does not occur for me. I have just tested this again with the latest version of Ivan.
Perhaps the only reason you read less about it in the forums is because those people who have an affected S7 have resigned themselves to the fact that there will be no newer LineageOS versions usable in their cases (at least not for making calls and keeping friends at the same time). ;-)

Reactions: Forron and bixaon

meesam3379

I'm sorry to have to disagree with you, but the echo problem is definitely not solved for everyone. LineageOS 16 is the highest version under which the echo does not occur for me. I have just tested this again with the latest version of Ivan.
Perhaps the only reason you read less about it in the forums is because those people who have an affected S7 have resigned themselves to the fact that there will be no newer LineageOS versions usable in their cases (at least not for making calls and keeping friends at the same time). ;-)
It was fixed for me atleast
Well some people are still facing it maybe it's true that s7 shipped with different parts

grindim

Oct 31, 2011
Recently I tried LineageOS 19.1, there was an echo, so I did not try again. I've been using LineageOS 20.0 for several days now, everything works very well, the battery keeps well. There are no serious shortcomings. The browser could not access the memory when downloading the file, and did not figure out how to fix it, put Chrome, there is no such problem. Unfortunately, the interlocutors constantly complain about the echo, so I'm waiting for the problem to be fixed, I don't want to return to the original firmware, but I don't see any other alternative.

Reactions: bixaon

Ivan_Meler

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
New builds are out, here is a brief changelog
- Added button backlight control
- Unpinned deprecated updatable media apex jar from ram
- Allowed system to override some bluetooth props
- Performance and stability improvements
- Synced with LineageOS source (Almost all of lineageos features should be there and work now)

Almost all of the lineageos features have been ported to Android 13 now and are working, there still might be a missing few compared to android 12.1 like toggle for software buttons which is work in progress at the moment.

There are also some device side changes that should improve performance stability and battery life

Huge thanks to everyone who supported this project with donations that help cover the build server cost and got me coffee which helps speed things up.

Enjoy new builds and stay safe.

headzy

Dec 9, 2009
New builds are out, here is a brief changelog
- Synced with LineageOS source (Almost all of lineageos features should be there and work now)

Almost all of the lineageos features have been ported to Android 13 now and are working, there still might be a missing few compared to android 12.1 like toggle for software buttons which is work in progress at the moment.

There are also some device side changes that should improve performance stability and battery life

Huge thanks to everyone who supported this project with donations that help cover the build server cost and got me coffee which helps speed things up.

All ship shape and Bristol fashion.
Thanks for your continued support.

Ivan_Meler

Staff member
Another quick fixup build is out, with samsungs gps fix merged. Here is a brief changelog
- Fixed samsungs bug with gps where it would start acting up over time due to time rollover bug
- Implemented gesture navigation settings
- Removed leftover unused blobs
- Updated neural network interface lib
- Synced with LineageOS source

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project and helped cover the build server cost

GPS changes will make its way to 19.1,18.1 and 17.1 builds with october security update
October security update will hopefully be released for all versions (20,19.1,18.1 and 17.1) next week

master373

Feb 1, 2022
Another quick fixup build is out, with samsungs gps fix merged. Here is a brief changelog
- Fixed samsungs bug with gps where it would start acting up over time due to time rollover bug

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project and helped cover the build server cost

GPS changes will make its way to 19.1,18.1 and 17.1 builds with october security update
October security update will hopefully be released for all versions (20,19.1,18.1 and 17.1) next week
Thank you for your time and effort

Reactions: Ivan_Meler

netra3441

Sep 24, 2022
Germany
Yes, also my thousands thanks to you @Ivan_Meler for your efforts, its a great job, what you are doing, you are a genius.

I read, that you do this in your free time beside a regular job... thats real rage for keeping up the free Android on the Samsung Galaxy S7... great thing, very great thing!!! (y)(y)(y)

I will change to your LOS 20 in a few weeks, actually I am (as an elder handicaped person) not fit enough to sit the several hours doing the change and then configuring the S7 complete new again...
But I will be better in the next time, I hope, and then I'll gonna get the bull at its horns... :cowboy:

Reading here helps me also to learn a lot, this XDA forum is great, thanks to all too, I really appreciate that!

But one thing is to ask: how can I transmit you @Ivan_Meler a little donation? I ask, because I do not use the PayPal. If you have an idea, please give me an private message.

Ivan_Meler

Staff member
Yes, also my thousands thanks to you @Ivan_Meler for your efforts, its a great job, what you are doing, you are a genius.

I read, that you do this in your free time beside a regular job... thats real rage for keeping up the free Android on the Samsung Galaxy S7... great thing, very great thing!!! (y)(y)(y)

I will change to your LOS 20 in a few weeks, actually I am (as an elder handicaped person) not fit enough to sit the several hours doing the change and then configuring the S7 complete new again...
But I will be better in the next time, I hope, and then I'll gonna get the bull at its horns... :cowboy:

Reading here helps me also to learn a lot, this XDA forum is great, thanks to all too, I really appreciate that!

But one thing is to ask: how can I transmit you @Ivan_Meler a little donation? I ask, because I do not use the PayPal. If you have an idea, please give me an private message.
Oh hey dont worry about it at all, ive read your post while being tagged by other moderator the other day and it made my day.

But yeah doing this in my free time gives me time to relax while figuring out how new android version works and thats really rewarding too

przvl

Jun 2, 2019

Really appreciate the work and effort you put in. Thanks a lot!

Reactions: Ivan_Meler

mvanvoorden

Nov 11, 2010
Works great so far! Only things I'm missing are tethering (both wifi and usb do not seem to be working), and traffic monitoring (which is already mentioned in known issues).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Februry builds are up (They have been for some times via ota bit i didnt have time to update threads unfortunately)
    Nothing too surrisng in curent builds but there are also LineageOS 21 builds available now

As always huge thanks to everyone who supported this project with donations
    Thanks to them its possible to keep up with build server cost and get monthly builds and new android versions.

As always enjoy new builds and stay safe.
    k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 20.0 for herolte

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Working:
    - Wifi
    - Sound
    - mali drivers
    - USB tethering
    - HW Backed video Playback
    - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
    - Sensors
    - Buttons
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi HotSpot
    - MTP
    - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
    - HW encoding/decoding
    - HWcomposer (HWC)
    - Charging with device powered off
    - Stuff I didn't test yet
    - Camera
    - GPS
    - Fingerprint Sensor
    - Mobicore
    - SW codecs

Not Working
    - Storage Encryption (WIP switching to FBE from FDE since FDE was removed in 13)
    - Network trafic monitoring (WIP, same reason as bellow, uses BPF)
    - BPF specific functions like fancy new GPU monitoring in Android 13

Keep in mind that some LineageOS features have not been completed yet this is not a device bug and please do not report those
    Also do not post bug reports for known issues or bug reports without proper
    a) Logcat
    b) proc/last_kmsg (or proc/kmsg)
    c) data/tombstones
    d) dmesg

Install gapps right after installing the rom itself don't try to boot to system before that if you want to use gapps (Or wipe data before installing them)

NikGapps have been updated to 13, you might need to clean flash if you used other gapps in past including nikgapps 12.1 version

Make sure you are using latest official TWRP before installing rom older versions do not have proper android 12/13 support

Downloads:
    Google Drive
    Mega.nz
    GitHub Releases
    MD5: 617585878f6874ec3f757b6b35a659cb

if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee http://paypal.me/melerivan

BTC: 1Q823BsSbEKP62JFM7BjXiRCgF84qgcFST
    ETH(erc20): 0x979a8e42551e62e6994d3762c9d9f0e76b5d87f9
    Donations help cover the build server cost and since I do this in my free time, and also cover the coffee for time spent debugging stuff

Feel free to join telegram group with early builds progress updates and some off topic stuff Join

Based On Android 13/T
    Changelog

- Merged February security update

- Merged January security update

- Merged December security update

- Merged November 2023. Security update
    - Fixed OTA updater

- Merged October 2023. Security Update

- Fixed issues with fp staying always on
    - Merged september 2023 security update

- Merged August 2023. security update

- Fixed issue of fingerprint staying active with screen off

- Merged July 2023. Security update
    - Fixed misc issues caused by June pixel feature drop
    - misc performance and stability improvements

- Merged June 2023. Security update
    - Merged latest pixel feature drop

- Merged May 2023. Security update

- Switched to more source built components from new Exynos 850/Linaro BSP
    • hwcomposer
    • memtrack
    • libion_exynos
    • libGrallocWrapper
    • gralloc
    • libcsc
    • libexynosscaler
    • libexynosgscaler
    • libhwjpeg
    • Whole OMX stack (libOMX.Exynos.*) and stagefrighthw
    - Cleaned up source and got rid of libutils vndk32 workaround
    - Performance, stability and battery life improvements

- Merged April 2023. Security update
    - Updated selinux and removed neverallow rules to make device more secure
    - Fixed some issues introduced in QPR2

Fixed double tap to wake

- Merged March 2023. Security update
    - Misc performance and stability improvements
    - Merged QPR2
    - Added aptX HD support

- Further Improved UI performance
    - Began process of adding Note FE/7 support to universal8890-common codebase

- Merged February 2023. Security update
    - Improved UI performance
    - Misc stability improvements
    - Fixed race condition in rotation that would rarely prevent screen from waking up

- Merged January 2023. Security update
    - Camera app improvements

- Added back some features that were missing from QPR1

- Merged December 2022. Security update
    - Merged android QPR1 December update

- Cleaned up patches used for non-BPF kernel
    - Performance stability and battery life improvements

- Merged November 2022. Security update
    - Cleaned up patches source

- Merged october 2022. Security update
    - Fixed issues that were caused by nav bar changes
    - Improved stock camera app
    - Cleaned up list of patches needed to reproduce builds

- Removed libhidl hacks and updated libs that required it in past
    - Switched to new audio service to remove need for hacks in original one
    - Updated kernel build flags for new build enviroment

- Merged September 2022. Security update
    - Updated chromium webview to 105.0.5195.79
    - Added more customization options powered by Monet

- Most of lineageos features have been implemented

- Initial release

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 20.0 for S7, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S7

Contributors
    Ivan_Meler
    Source Code: https://github.com/8890q/android_kernel_samsung_universal8890/tree/lineage-19.1

ROM OS Version: Android 13
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.x

Version Information
    Testing
    Here we go first update of 2024, Security updates from January 2024 are included in this one.
    I also finally had time to fix some remaining bugs in android 14 so releases are coming soon (Unfortunately missed my target to release them before years end)

As always huge thanks to everyone who has supported this project and helped cover the build server cost, this project wouldnt be possible without comunity support.

Here is a little surprise update for everyone here.. So lets begin with a changelog
    - Switched to more source built components from new Exynos 850/Linaro BSP
    • hwcomposer
    • memtrack
    • libion_exynos
    • libGrallocWrapper
    • gralloc
    • libcsc
    • libexynosscaler
    • libexynosgscaler
    • libhwjpeg
    • Whole OMX stack (libOMX.Exynos.*) and stagefrighthw
    - Cleaned up source and got rid of libutils vndk32 workaround
    - Performance, stability and battery life improvements

This changes quite a lot of under the hood stuff and gets rid of a lot of proprietary blobs by replacing them with much more up to date source built components, if you are compiling on your own dont forget to update roomservice.xml as always all of the source has been pushed to https://github.com/8890q , This has been in works since middle of 2022 but i never got around to finishing it and fixing few remaining bugs that came from bsp until this week, so i really hope you all enjoy it.
    In general this will help s7 live a bit longer as we have way more control over most of the hals on device

This will also make its way to 19.1 builds soon and maybe even 18.1.

Huge thanks to everyone who supported this project as their donations help cover build server cost and cover coffee spent while debugging some of weirder stuff

Enjoy new builds and stay safe
    February builds are out, here is a brief changelog:
    - Merged February 2023. Security update
    - Misc stability improvements
    - Fixed race condition in rotation that would rarely prevent screen from waking up

19.1, 18.1 and 17.1 builds will be out in a few days if everything goes as planed.

Huge thanks to everyone who supported this project thru the years, helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee, This project wouldnt be possible without your support.

note: github caching seems to be broken and otas wont show up till cached files on github end update, it will hapen eventually and unfortunately i have no control over it.
    You can manually download zip from google drive or mega and flash it in the meantime, Thanks for understanding.

June builds are up, after some delay due to pixel feature drop merge at lineageos and googles source release delay.
    Here is a brief changelog
    - Merged June 2023. Security update
    - Merged latest pixel feature drop

As always big thanks to everyone who supported this project, helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee, this project wouldnt be possible without your support