LineageOS 20.0 (Android 13) [Signature Spoofing][OTA updates] for S7 Exynos

Search This thread

ScanX

Jun 30, 2015
Sorry for huge delay this time around but google was late with source release, they also made huge overhaul which took time and effort to merge and to top it all off i had major issues with build server i had to restore, But builds are finally here.
You have nothing to apologize for ivan.
Many thanks for your tireless efforts!

Reactions: netra3441

netra3441

Sep 24, 2022
Germany
@Ivan_Meler

THANK YOU for all your efforts. Have now running successfully two Samsung Galaxy S7 with your LOS 20 rom, and I am happy with that.

I would like to donate your work, but I dont have Paypal. Please give me a private message and tell me, how I can transmit you some donation.

(y)🖖:)

woheller69

Feb 19, 2022
Thanks for this great rom.

With the version from Feb 8 I had some issues. I used it without a SIM card and when moving around (used it for navigation) sometimes I could not unlock it anymore and the clock was looking different. I had to force a reboot when this happened.
Later I set the device to flight mode and this did not happen anymore.

The latest verion has some issues with wrong icons:
Unlock, swipe down from top. Now the symbol for wifi and flight mode is black but the symbol for battery stays white.
In dark mode the colors stay the same, wifi and flight mode almost invisible.
Unlock, swipe down from top twice.
The button for settings is white and almost invisible.

netra3441

Sep 24, 2022
Germany
Yesterday i tried, after reinstall unable to delete files with twrp recovery i had to upload stock rom in odin. Nothing worked.
Try to tell the forum your concrete problems, maybe we can help.

On my Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016) tablet I also had the problem, that mounting, wipe (formatting) /data was not possible in TWRP.

But there is a solution how to handle that on youtube:

Watch this and read the instructions in the video, if this is your problem!

Beside this, if TWRP is on your device, than all other should work also.

I run two Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphones with LOS 20, and the u.m. Samsung Tab A 10.1 (2016) tablet with LOS 19.1, all devices work properly with LOS.

Please be patient, and read all instructions carefully. In the regular just not following the instructions point by point is the problem.

You will make that!

Shiningb

Came back to LOS20 to do some testing...

The system is running very well with good multitasking and excellent performance

I encountered some occasional lag when opening the camera in different apps. I also faced a bug once where I had music playing and the phone crashed with a loud error sound.

But
My main complaint here is battery life
It's draining a lot with screen on usage
I checked the Frequencies that the CPU are using and I've seen that the Big Cluster is having some sort of touchboost at 1248mhz and Little Cluster is at 754mhz

Considering the Frequency Table in stock all have lower minimums I tried to modify it by using simple methods but they avoid being kept at place.

The minimum frequency of each Cluster is higher than usual as well...

netra3441

Sep 24, 2022
Germany
man last build is full of bugs. you shouldnt use official rom name Lineage. lineage is synonym for security and stability. yours should be called stupid ivan rom. latest official version was lineage-14.1-20190224-nightly-herolte-signed. if you dont have time rather play football. try last official b. it was thousand percent better and it was android 7. here is link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RFYM_OV-5JIMYWS4FHpkoVbxvb5yIQhx/view
try it how stable and secure it was.
Hello mate,

if you have complaints, three things apply here:

1. Please write in clean English and if you can't, use a translator app.

2. Moderate your tone, insults will not get you anywhere.

3. Write in detail what problems you have or where you see points of criticism.

Without observing these forum rules, which certainly make good sense, your input is completely worthless.

netra3441

Sep 24, 2022
Germany
Came back to LOS20 to do some testing...

The system is running very well with good multitasking and excellent performance

I encountered some occasional lag when opening the camera in different apps. I also faced a bug once where I had music playing and the phone crashed with a loud error sound.

But
My main complaint here is battery life
It's draining a lot with screen on usage
I checked the Frequencies that the CPU are using and I've seen that the Big Cluster is having some sort of touchboost at 1248mhz and Little Cluster is at 754mhz

Considering the Frequency Table in stock all have lower minimums I tried to modify it by using simple methods but they avoid being kept at place.

The minimum frequency of each Cluster is higher than usual as well...
Well... the battery life seems really to be a little weak... I own my Samsung Galaxy S7 since 2016 and do not remember yet, how it was with stock rom.

Second, I have in each room of my apartment charging units, and when I was outside f.e. with a car (what the last years did not happened) I always had charging cable in the car too.

So, I charge my S7 two times a day. Isn't that normal?

• Wow
Reactions: Shiningb

netra3441

Sep 24, 2022
Germany
both 19 and 20 LOS unofficial drain battery. sometimes the phone is very hot.

it is clearly written. it has nothing to do with Lineage. it's only beta and not safe to use. there is no encryption. there is no SElinux, it's just a stupid port. there is only one official Lineage.

There are a few things you don't seem to know or haven't understood yet:

Every LOS supervisor/maintainer does this on a voluntary basis and free of charge, and has a lot of work to do with it. If you're now swearing at @Ivan_Meler, that's simply not okay.

Can you do it better than Ivan? If so, then prove it - but don't scold him, ok?

Unfortunately, like other manufacturers, Samsung has packed different technology into its smartphones. That's why there are S7s that get warm, others, like mine, don't. Same with other issues.

We can all be happy and grateful that LineageOS and its maintainers exist, and that we can use up-to-date Android on our legacy devices! We all have to be equally grateful to the people here on XDA for making this forum available.

In short:
The way you are appearing here is not correct.

netra3441

Sep 24, 2022
Germany
I think one of the reasons I use custom software is that it's better than stock in many ways.
but if it's worse I won't use it. i tried ten versions and they all had lots of bugs. and I think that's important if I use the device on a daily basis. I use banking apps and social apps and this person is not credible to me, when he releases software with bugs. there is no room for mistakes here. we are not hostages. it's not about what version of android I have. it's about security and reliability. and yes samsung does it their way, but that is also the reason why S7 is not supported LOS officially. I will give an example. try graphene os. there is no application, but everything can be installed and everything works. why do I have a pre-installed browser here, which has permissions and cannot be removed?!

I'm sorry but you don't understand:

Nobody takes you hostage. You either use LOS and accept that this is voluntary and unpaid volunteer work where not everything is perfect, or you don't.

So it's better to just buy a brand new smartphone with the latest StockROM and that's it.

Or compile LOS for your old device yourself and do it better than Ivan.

If you can't, keep quiet instead of incompetently accusing the man.

I use my S7, which I have owned since 2016, also daily since LOS 18 (Android 11) and also with social media and it always does what it is supposed to. It runs also fine with LOS 20. Better than with LOS 19.1...

I don't use banking apps because online banking with mobile devices, which are insecure per se, is just nonsense. Also I never do online ordering with online payment, because this is same nonsense.

Again, constructive criticism is always welcome here. But not rabble and bashing.

If you have something to say, present it in a concrete and orderly manner, provide references to your findings. But if you only bring generalities, you can do that too, because not all of us are programmers, but do it politely and friendly, and never forget that you didn't pay a cent for LOS, so you have zero claims.

I really don't understand what some people think...

You are also comparing apples to pears:

GrapheneOS works exclusively on Google Pixel devices.

If you like this thing that much, then stay there and don't start working with an S7, which is a hot potato indeed, because of course manufacturers like Samsung are always trying to make it difficult for the people at LOS.

Realize that manufacturers see LOS as an enemy because LOS allows customers to stay with their old device longer or even forever. Manufacturers like Samsung just want to cash in, an alternative operating system just gets in the way, so measures are taken.

As far as I know, this is different with Google Pixel smartphones and GrapheneOS: Google technicians work there... so a completely different starting point than if you have to completely adapt an OS to a smartphone whose hardware manufacturer also builds in obstacles. ..

Come down from your sense of entitlement.

If you like GrapheneOS better, buy a good used Googe Pixel and live and work with it. Absolutely okay.

But don't scold @Ivan_Meler here without any substance or background knowledge.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Shiningb and guusw

Shiningb

Well... the battery life seems really to be a little weak... I own my Samsung Galaxy S7 since 2016 and do not remember yet, how it was with stock rom.

Second, I have in each room of my apartment charging units, and when I was outside f.e. with a car (what the last years did not happened) I always had charging cable in the car too.

So, I charge my S7 two times a day. Isn't that normal?
You charge your phone twice?
Interesting...

I've been stuck on Pie One UI up until now so I'm just comparing those while being aware that we're not using an older version of Android.

I just wanted to be able to use lower CPU minimums to ensure music playback battery life can be reliable and the Screen on time is not drained away by simply messing with the UI...

But regardless, it is being an amazing experience to use A13 this fast in our devices!

netra3441

Sep 24, 2022
Germany
You charge your phone twice?
Interesting...

I've been stuck on Pie One UI up until now so I'm just comparing those while being aware that we're not using an older version of Android.

I just wanted to be able to use lower CPU minimums to ensure music playback battery life can be reliable and the Screen on time is not drained away by simply messing with the UI...

But regardless, it is being an amazing experience to use A13 this fast in our devices!
Yes, when I use it often, I charge minimum one time per day, in the regular twice. But this is, since I have it, since 2016.

And yes, the S7 has a very good hardware, and @Ivan_Meler does a good job though...

netra3441

Sep 24, 2022
Germany
LOS https://lineageos.org/ is I always work perfectly without errors. but people outside this project using the same "brand" are not doing a good job. you're right, it's different hardware, yes the pixel has Titan M chip. but anyone using a custom rom should have the option to to encrypt, lock the bootloader or set permissions for single apps, without these basic things it is not usable. OK let him make his own software but don't call it Lineage. the official build works perfectly on samsung s10 on S7 it's a nightmare.

Man, you still dont understand!

Each LOS rom is done by a maintainer. @Ivan_Meler is just one of them.

When the maintainer of the LOS for the Samsung Galaxy S10 had built in those functions, you prefer, than this is a special thing of that special maintainer.

@Ivan_Meler had not included these features, you mention, in his LOS for the Samsung Galaxy S7 - because the very most of us S7 users do not need these functions.

And just, because Ivan does his rom, as he thinks to do it, that does not mean, that this is no LOS.

Last edited by a moderator:

netra3441

Sep 24, 2022
Germany
📌

Well, folks, I guess, we maybe have an issue now with LOS 20.

@Ivan_Meler could you please check that?

I had charged my S7 up to 100%.

After that charging I did not used it.

Since the charging up to 100% the S7 lost 22% without doing anything.

No apps working in the background.

While just typing these lines in an editor, the S7 lost 2% of battery... adding these lines in here, costs me alltogether 5%...

Something really looks to be wrong...

Hint: the S7 is cold, no warm battery.

Ivan_Meler

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
📌

While just typing these lines in an editor, the S7 lost 2% of battery... adding these lines in here, costs me alltogether 5%...

check your gapps, ive noticed that nikgapps caused significant drain without reason after being dirty flashed over for a long time, either that or battery calibration got messed up

netra3441

Sep 24, 2022
Germany
check your gapps, ive noticed that nikgapps caused significant drain without reason after being dirty flashed over for a long time, either that or battery calibration got messed up
Hey Ivan,

thank you! 👍🏼

I read about, that NikGapps have issues more and more.

When I want to change from NikGapps to OpenGApps, then this means to make a complete new installation, right?

Yes babe... that is, what I like really... 😉

Zorgl82

Apr 1, 2019
📌

Hi Ivan,
I have the same issue since february release, i thought it was my battery who was out of order, but i see that i'm not alone. I use LOS 20 since december 2022 and everything was good so far.
Thanks for your analyse.

Byt he way : great job, i use your rom since 2020 !
Zorgl

ssauger

Aug 12, 2010
Hey Ivan,

thank you! 👍🏼

I read about, that NikGapps have issues more and more.

When I want to change from NikGapps to OpenGApps, then this means to make a complete new installation, right?

Yes babe... that is, what I like really... 😉
If you wipe system partition, gapps are also gone and you can change to open gapps. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here we go, March security update is here.
    LineageOS 21 builds wont get update this time around as new qpr is still being merged and fixed up
    There were a lot of changes from google in their quarterly platform update soboth LineageOS codebase
    and some device changes are needed for it to be on par with previous builds.

There will be april builds for it soon so it made no sense to push half baked update today.

As always huge thanks to everyone who donated to help cover the build server cost.
    This project wouldnt be possible without you.

Enjoy new builds and stay safe
    April security update is here, nothing more to it this time around
    Unfortunately as you might have noticed patches were posted a bit later past 2 months due my schedule
    Ill also fix Lineage 21 qpr merge in coming days and release update for those builds too, there were tons of changes in qpr that turned out to be a bit problematic

As alwasy huge thanks to everyone who supported this project and helped cover the build server cost.
    Thanks Ivan for the updates :)
    Just for the record, the google dl link in OP is for hero2lte, not herolte.
    Relatively recently, I noticed periodic freezes, which are treated by juggling the battery cable (in my case), and this has already happened 4 times in a week. Immediately after shutting down, I went into TWRP and copied the dmesg log, I will attach it.
    is there a way to record calls as I do on stock nougat.
    k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 20.0 for herolte

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Working:
    - Wifi
    - Sound
    - mali drivers
    - USB tethering
    - HW Backed video Playback
    - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
    - Sensors
    - Buttons
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi HotSpot
    - MTP
    - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
    - HW encoding/decoding
    - HWcomposer (HWC)
    - Charging with device powered off
    - Stuff I didn't test yet
    - Camera
    - GPS
    - Fingerprint Sensor
    - Mobicore
    - SW codecs

Not Working
    - Storage Encryption (WIP switching to FBE from FDE since FDE was removed in 13)
    - Network trafic monitoring (WIP, same reason as bellow, uses BPF)
    - BPF specific functions like fancy new GPU monitoring in Android 13

Keep in mind that some LineageOS features have not been completed yet this is not a device bug and please do not report those
    Also do not post bug reports for known issues or bug reports without proper
    a) Logcat
    b) proc/last_kmsg (or proc/kmsg)
    c) data/tombstones
    d) dmesg

Install gapps right after installing the rom itself don't try to boot to system before that if you want to use gapps (Or wipe data before installing them)

NikGapps have been updated to 13, you might need to clean flash if you used other gapps in past including nikgapps 12.1 version

Make sure you are using latest official TWRP before installing rom older versions do not have proper android 12/13 support

Downloads:
    Google Drive
    Mega.nz
    GitHub Releases
    MD5: 722b0f5f40f3e276e161fd7aeba7b8a2

if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee http://paypal.me/melerivan

BTC: 1Q823BsSbEKP62JFM7BjXiRCgF84qgcFST
    ETH(erc20): 0x979a8e42551e62e6994d3762c9d9f0e76b5d87f9
    Donations help cover the build server cost and since I do this in my free time, and also cover the coffee for time spent debugging stuff

Feel free to join telegram group with early builds progress updates and some off topic stuff Join

Based On Android 13/T
    Changelog

- Merged April security update
    - Synced with LineageOS source

- Merged March security update

- Merged February security update

- Merged January security update

- Merged December security update

- Merged November 2023. Security update
    - Fixed OTA updater

- Merged October 2023. Security Update

- Fixed issues with fp staying always on
    - Merged september 2023 security update

- Merged August 2023. security update

- Fixed issue of fingerprint staying active with screen off

- Merged July 2023. Security update
    - Fixed misc issues caused by June pixel feature drop
    - misc performance and stability improvements

- Merged June 2023. Security update
    - Merged latest pixel feature drop

- Merged May 2023. Security update

- Switched to more source built components from new Exynos 850/Linaro BSP
    • hwcomposer
    • memtrack
    • libion_exynos
    • libGrallocWrapper
    • gralloc
    • libcsc
    • libexynosscaler
    • libexynosgscaler
    • libhwjpeg
    • Whole OMX stack (libOMX.Exynos.*) and stagefrighthw
    - Cleaned up source and got rid of libutils vndk32 workaround
    - Performance, stability and battery life improvements

- Merged April 2023. Security update
    - Updated selinux and removed neverallow rules to make device more secure
    - Fixed some issues introduced in QPR2

Fixed double tap to wake

- Merged March 2023. Security update
    - Misc performance and stability improvements
    - Merged QPR2
    - Added aptX HD support

- Further Improved UI performance
    - Began process of adding Note FE/7 support to universal8890-common codebase

- Merged February 2023. Security update
    - Improved UI performance
    - Misc stability improvements
    - Fixed race condition in rotation that would rarely prevent screen from waking up

- Merged January 2023. Security update
    - Camera app improvements

- Added back some features that were missing from QPR1

- Merged December 2022. Security update
    - Merged android QPR1 December update

- Cleaned up patches used for non-BPF kernel
    - Performance stability and battery life improvements

- Merged November 2022. Security update
    - Cleaned up patches source

- Merged october 2022. Security update
    - Fixed issues that were caused by nav bar changes
    - Improved stock camera app
    - Cleaned up list of patches needed to reproduce builds

- Fixed samsungs bug with gps where it would start acting up over time due to time rollover bug
    - Implemented gesture navigation settings
    - Removed leftover unused blobs
    - Updated neural network interface lib

- Added button backlight control
    - Unpinned deprecated updatable media apex jar from ram
    - Allowed system to override some bluetooth props
    - Performance and stability improvements
    - Synced with LineageOS source (Almost all of lineageos features should be there and work now)

- Removed libhidl hacks and updated libs that required it in past
    - Switched to new audio service to remove need for hacks in original one
    - Updated kernel build flags for new build enviroment

- Merged September 2022. Security update
    - Updated chromium webview to 105.0.5195.79
    - Added more customization options powered by Monet

- Most of lineageos features have been implemented

- Initial release

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 20.0 for S7, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S7

Contributors
    Ivan_Meler
    Source Code: https://github.com/8890q/android_kernel_samsung_universal8890/tree/lineage-19.1

ROM OS Version: Android 13
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.x

Version Information
    Testing
    Here we go first update of 2024, Security updates from January 2024 are included in this one.
    I also finally had time to fix some remaining bugs in android 14 so releases are coming soon (Unfortunately missed my target to release them before years end)

As always huge thanks to everyone who has supported this project and helped cover the build server cost, this project wouldnt be possible without comunity support.

Enjoy new builds and stay safe.
    Here is a little surprise update for everyone here.. So lets begin with a changelog
    - Switched to more source built components from new Exynos 850/Linaro BSP
    • hwcomposer
    • memtrack
    • libion_exynos
    • libGrallocWrapper
    • gralloc
    • libcsc
    • libexynosscaler
    • libexynosgscaler
    • libhwjpeg
    • Whole OMX stack (libOMX.Exynos.*) and stagefrighthw
    - Cleaned up source and got rid of libutils vndk32 workaround
    - Performance, stability and battery life improvements

This changes quite a lot of under the hood stuff and gets rid of a lot of proprietary blobs by replacing them with much more up to date source built components, if you are compiling on your own dont forget to update roomservice.xml as always all of the source has been pushed to https://github.com/8890q , This has been in works since middle of 2022 but i never got around to finishing it and fixing few remaining bugs that came from bsp until this week, so i really hope you all enjoy it.
    In general this will help s7 live a bit longer as we have way more control over most of the hals on device

This will also make its way to 19.1 builds soon and maybe even 18.1.

Huge thanks to everyone who supported this project as their donations help cover build server cost and cover coffee spent while debugging some of weirder stuff

February builds are out, here is a brief changelog:
    - Merged February 2023. Security update
    - Misc stability improvements
    - Fixed race condition in rotation that would rarely prevent screen from waking up

19.1, 18.1 and 17.1 builds will be out in a few days if everything goes as planed.

Huge thanks to everyone who supported this project thru the years, helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee, This project wouldnt be possible without your support.

note: github caching seems to be broken and otas wont show up till cached files on github end update, it will hapen eventually and unfortunately i have no control over it.
    You can manually download zip from google drive or mega and flash it in the meantime, Thanks for understanding.

June builds are up, after some delay due to pixel feature drop merge at lineageos and googles source release delay.
    Here is a brief changelog
    - Merged June 2023. Security update
    - Merged latest pixel feature drop

As always big thanks to everyone who supported this project, helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee, this project wouldnt be possible without your support