LineageOS 20.0 for Exynos 8895 devices

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Working:
- Wifi
- Sound
- mali drivers
- USB tethering
- HW Backed video Playback
- Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
- Sensors
- Buttons
- Bluetooth
- Wifi HotSpot
- MTP
- 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
- HW encoding/decoding
- Charging with device powered off
- Stuff I didn't test yet
- Camera
- GPS
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Mobicore
- SW codecs

Not Working
- Storage Encryption (WIP switching to FBE from FDE since FDE was removed in 13)

Keep in mind that some LineageOS features have not been completed yet this is not a device bug and please do not report those

Also do not post bug reports for known issues or bug reports without proper
a) Logcat
b) proc/last_kmsg (or proc/kmsg)
c) data/tombstones
d) dmesg

Install gapps right after installing the rom itself don't try to boot to system before that if you want to use gapps (Or wipe data before installing them)

NikGapps have been updated to 13, you might need to clean flash if you used other gapps in past including nikgapps 12.1 version

Make sure you are using latest official TWRP before installing rom older versions do not have proper android 12/13 support

Downloads:
Google Drive
Mega.nz
GitHub releases

if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee paypal.me/ivanmeler

BTC: 1Q823BsSbEKP62JFM7BjXiRCgF84qgcFST
ETH(erc20): 0xc7272f851a692c679e85f18a62632c580ef3bdee
Donations help cover the build server cost and since I do this in my free time, and also cover the coffee for time spent debugging stuff

Feel free to join telegram group with early builds progress updates and some off topic stuff Join

Based On Android 13/T
Changelog

- Merged october 2022. Security update
- Improved UI performance
- Improved stock camera app
- Synced with LineageOS source

- Fixed samsungs bug with gps where it would start acting up over time due to time rollover bug

- Adressed missing symbol in advanced camera effects lib that wouldnt launch without them
- Allowed system to override some bluetooth props
- Performance and stability improvements
- Synced with LineageOS source (Almost all of lineageos features should be there and work now)

- Switched to Generic FunctionFS usb backend (We used legacy functionfs in past)
- Updated USB hal
- Usb hal will now give notifications on port being wet instead of just disabling it without notice
- Merged few more missing BPF commits to kernel
- Unpinned deprecated updatable media apex jar from ram

- Updated kernel build flags for new build enviroment
- Misc performance and stability improvements
Switched to source built Bluetooth interface
- Cleaned up device source

- Merged September 2022. Security update
- Updated chromium webview to 105.0.5195.79
- Added more customization options powered by Monet

- Fixed home button wake

- Fixed camera on Note 8
- Most of lineageos features have been implemented

- Fixed bluetooth audio
- Upreved audio hal to 7.1 from 5.0
- Implemented custom audio service used to load audio hal
- Backported more BPF changes to kernel
- Switched to webview 105.0.5195.68 which is native to T
- Cleaned up the source and patches used to build the rom

- Initial release

Contributors
Ivan_Meler
Source Code: https://github.com/8890q/

ROM OS Version: Android 13
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.302
New builds are up here is a brief changelog
- Fixed bluetooth audio

Do note you might need to clean flash if you used 12.1 gapps that replace default webview and use 13 gapps instead

Im aware of curent camera issues affecting Note 8 and im working on a fix right now, it will be out ASAP
tho it might take some time since i dont have note 8 or properly working s8/s8+ for that matter so it takes a bit of time to debug everything

Huge thanks to everyone who donated and helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee

Enjoy new builds and stay safe
Bluetooth app crashes but great work pretty stable rom for 5 year old phone

itsmepaule

Oct 31, 2022
Can someone help me why deep sleep is not working in this rom?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221031-155930_hKtweaks.png
    Screenshot_20221031-155930_hKtweaks.png
    238.7 KB · Views: 146

Sirito

Dec 19, 2017
Did you ever work out the pairing with your Mi band 5?
I am having the same issue with my Mi band 6, via both Zepp life app and the system bluetooth pairing.

You can manually edit the Bixby button via

/system/usr/keylayout/gpio_keys.kl

the bixby button is key 703, for screenshots it's

SYSRQ

check this post for other options https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/root-remap-bixby-button-w-o-an-app.3601061/

just make sure you mount r/w and keep a backup
Thank you, It is working as a screenshot button now but the strange thing that it doesn't work in Obsidian app while the normal power button screenshot works normally.
I have another thing, when I turned black AMOLED background in theme and returned back to normal the notification tiles area is still amoled, any way to fix that?

D

Deleted member 12241919

Hi, my S8 is still running LineageOS but only 19.1 (4 october 2022). What sould I do ? Why is there a new thread ? The update manager doesn't say that I can update to LineageOS 20.0 !

gnikolson

Dec 27, 2020
Γεια, το S8 μου εξακολουθεί να εκτελεί το LineageOS αλλά μόνο 19.1 (4 Οκτωβρίου 2022). Τι ψυχή κάνω; Γιατί υπάρχει νέο νήμα; Ο διαχειριστής ενημερώσεων δεν λέει ότι μπορώ να ενημερώσω στο LineageOS 20.0!
Υou must do new install, it is better Rom.

uukelele

Hi, my S8 is still running LineageOS but only 19.1 (4 october 2022). What sould I do ? Why is there a new thread ? The update manager doesn't say that I can update to LineageOS 20.0 !
You are meant to flash this new ROM, if you want to use it, and the 19.1 thread continues for those who want to use that instead. This is not an update on the update manager, because (I think) the 19.1 builds are continuing to be updated. In other words, LOS 19.1 and LOS 20 are generally two separate ROMs.

Reactions: spyrou007

Sirito

Dec 19, 2017
Is there anyway to fix the problem where each app require permission granting again each time I reboot my device?

D

Deleted member 12241919

You are meant to flash this new ROM, if you want to use it, and the 19.1 thread continues for those who want to use that instead. This is not an update on the update manager, because (I think) the 19.1 builds are continuing to be updated. In other words, LOS 19.1 and LOS 20 are generally two separate ROMs.
ok, thank you a lot.
If I flash this new ROM, the data will be wiped, yes ?

Last edited by a moderator:

uukelele

ok, thank you a lot.
If I flash this new ROM, the phone will be deleted, yes ?
I'm assuming you mean your data will be wiped, not your phone bricked. Yes, as wiping data is a necessary step to flash a new ROM. Actually I asked this question once,

@spyrou007 replied:
Hi , you can. But:
1. This is not recommended,
2. Depending on what / how you installed LOS 19 + Gapps and other, the steps to upgrade will differ, from whatever guide you will find on internet/XDA.
3. You will likely have issues later on. No one will be able to help you, because we won't reproduce the same issues
Now, it's up to you.
But it's recommended to make a data backup, and install LOS 20 with a fully clean flash. See your recovery product for that (TWRP or OrangeFox).

uukelele

Attachments

• Guide.pdf
    104.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Reactions: grufty47

Ivan_Meler

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
Hi everyone,
For those newbies who might not be able to understand how to flash this, I've attached a noob-friendly pdf guide to this post. I hope this helps! If there's anything I can do to make it better, please let me know! Also, I'm quite confused as to why there is a duplicate thread here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...spoofing-ota-updates-for-s8-s8-note8.4485527/
Oh hey that thread is in note 8 subforums because for some reason they dont have unified dev. with s8 section of devices, thanks for the guide ill definitely have to check it out and ill pin it if everything looks alright

Reactions: jeebspawnshop

m0ritz

Sep 15, 2011
Hi everyone,
For those newbies who might not be able to understand how to flash this, I've attached a noob-friendly pdf guide to this post. I hope this helps! If there's anything I can do to make it better, please let me know! Also, I'm quite confused as to why there is a duplicate thread here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...spoofing-ota-updates-for-s8-s8-note8.4485527/
Thank you for taking your time to write the guide.
But there is a (big) mistake in the guide:

When Odin displays a pass icon in green, on the phone hold down the volume down and
power buttons, then immediately when the screen goes black remain holding down power
but switch from volume down to volume up. You should see the TWRP recovery logo appear.

should say:

When Odin displays a pass icon in green, on the phone hold down the volume down and
power buttons, then immediately when the screen goes black remain holding down power
but switch from volume down to volume up AND ALSO HOLD THE BIXBY BUTTON. You should see the TWRP recovery logo appear.

I could not get this step working with your guide until I found the solution in this video:

uukelele

Thank you for taking your time to write the guide.
But there is a (big) mistake in the guide:

but switch from volume down to volume up. You should see the TWRP recovery logo appear.

should say:

but switch from volume down to volume up AND ALSO HOLD THE BIXBY BUTTON. You should see the TWRP recovery logo appear.

I could not get this step working with your guide until I found the solution in this video:
Okay, thanks for the feedback, I have edited the post with the new guide.

Top Liked Posts

Hi,
    1- split windows doesn't work.
    2- recent app arrow always empty and i can't select anything.
    3- basic color doesn't show and i can't change color.
    Please help me what should i do?
    Please read the thread first. A lot of issues including available solutions are shared here already.

And otherwise go back to stock as you seem very demanding. It's all free what you get here
    If you don't have a solution to offer, you don't need to speak. In addition, not releasing a version full of bugs is better than releasing it. If other friends have a solution, I would be grateful if they could help me.
    March builds are finally up, here is a brief changelog
    - Merged March 2023. Security update
    - Merged QPR2
    - Added aptX HD support

Sorry for huge delay this time around but google was late with source release, they also made huge overhaul which took time and effort to merge and to top it all off i had major issues with build server i had to restore, But builds are finally here. Ill try to update 18.1 builds as soon as possible too.

Huge thanks to everyone who supported this project, helped cover build server cost and got me coffee.
    This project wouldnt be possible without their donations.

Hey guys sorry for delays with this months security update but google was holding it out till yesterday, they finally released source and it will be merged to lineageos during this week hopefully, so builds will be out soon for all supported versions.

Thanks for understanding and patience
    March update is almost ready, few lineage specific features have to be reimplemented like battery percentage indicator as google has redone parts of system related to status bar and battery indicator, but other than that seems like there is no regression.

Expect builds in few days, or as soon as this has been reimplemented into lineage
    Hi all,

Just a huge *THANK YOU* to Yvan for keeping these Lineage ports to our good old S8. Just a couple of notes based on my fresh experience (with 5 tries before having something that was 100% what I wanted) :
    • Every time I tried to install pixel launcher (via Full or Stock packages), the "Recent apps" screen was empty. I also got the "search" tool in parameters not working with the same packages
    • If you're like me and want to have Android Auto (I can't imagine commuting without it) without having the full NikGapps package, just choose the core package + dedicated AndroidAuto plugin. It works very well.
    • Don't hesitate to wipe internal storage (once everything is backuped) in addition to just data : I have the feeling the end result is more reliable.
    • When you unlock the bootloader in S8 parameters for the first time, don't reboot directly in download mode to install TWRP right away. Please let the phone reboot normally and then flash TWRP. In my case, not doing this led me to bootloop (and brought tears to my eyes)
    I still have to find a way to have a better camera app than the stock one : every port of Gcam I tried until now are utterly unstable and / or not working at all.

But so far so good. Again : thanks to the maintainer, that's surely a hell of a job to keep this up to date.
    you are trying to flash older firmware than what is on your phone. Device 12 = current bootloader version on phone.Binary 4 = bootloader your trying to flash.
    Have a look through this and use samfirm to download latest firmware then flash with odin. Or download latest from sammobile and flash.
    When looking at firmware names the 5th number from the right is the bootloader version number.You will need version 12 bootloader firmware.

Credits @spawnlives
    Thank you for that info, was confused because i could not find firmware bootloader ver 12 at first but 12 is codded as C in the firmware name. and now back to stock.
    k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 20.0 for Exynos 8895 devices

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Working:
    - Wifi
    - Sound
    - mali drivers
    - USB tethering
    - HW Backed video Playback
    - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
    - Sensors
    - Buttons
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi HotSpot
    - MTP
    - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
    - HW encoding/decoding
    - Charging with device powered off
    - Stuff I didn't test yet
    - Camera
    - GPS
    - Fingerprint Sensor
    - Mobicore
    - SW codecs

Not Working
    - Storage Encryption (WIP switching to FBE from FDE since FDE was removed in 13)

Keep in mind that some LineageOS features have not been completed yet this is not a device bug and please do not report those

Also do not post bug reports for known issues or bug reports without proper
    a) Logcat
    b) proc/last_kmsg (or proc/kmsg)
    c) data/tombstones
    d) dmesg

Install gapps right after installing the rom itself don't try to boot to system before that if you want to use gapps (Or wipe data before installing them)

NikGapps have been updated to 13, you might need to clean flash if you used other gapps in past including nikgapps 12.1 version

Make sure you are using latest official TWRP before installing rom older versions do not have proper android 12/13 support

Downloads:
    Google Drive
    Mega.nz
    GitHub releases

if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee paypal.me/ivanmeler

BTC: 1Q823BsSbEKP62JFM7BjXiRCgF84qgcFST
    ETH(erc20): 0xc7272f851a692c679e85f18a62632c580ef3bdee
    Donations help cover the build server cost and since I do this in my free time, and also cover the coffee for time spent debugging stuff

Feel free to join telegram group with early builds progress updates and some off topic stuff Join

Based On Android 13/T
    Changelog

- Merged March 2023. Security update
    - Merged QPR2
    - Added aptX HD support

- Fixed s-pen system reboot issues on Note8
    - improved UI performance

- Merged February 2023. Security update
    - Misc stability improvements
    - Fixed race condition in rotation that would rarely prevent screen from waking up

- Merged January 2023. Security update
    - Camera app improvements

- Added back some features that were missing from QPR1

- Merged November 2022. Security update
    - Switched to new AIDL usb hal
    - Switched kernel back to clang toolchain

- Fixed samsungs bug with gps where it would start acting up over time due to time rollover bug

- Adressed missing symbol in advanced camera effects lib that wouldnt launch without them
    - Allowed system to override some bluetooth props
    - Performance and stability improvements
    - Synced with LineageOS source (Almost all of lineageos features should be there and work now)

- Switched to Generic FunctionFS usb backend (We used legacy functionfs in past)
    - Updated USB hal
    - Usb hal will now give notifications on port being wet instead of just disabling it without notice
    - Merged few more missing BPF commits to kernel
    - Unpinned deprecated updatable media apex jar from ram

- Updated kernel build flags for new build enviroment
    Switched to source built Bluetooth interface
    - Cleaned up device source

- Merged September 2022. Security update
    - Updated chromium webview to 105.0.5195.79
    - Added more customization options powered by Monet

- Fixed home button wake

- Fixed camera on Note 8
    - Most of lineageos features have been implemented

- Fixed bluetooth audio

- Initial release

Contributors
    Ivan_Meler
    Source Code: https://github.com/8890q/

ROM OS Version: Android 13
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.302
    New builds are up here is a brief changelog
    - Fixed bluetooth audio

Do note you might need to clean flash if you used 12.1 gapps that replace default webview and use 13 gapps instead

Im aware of curent camera issues affecting Note 8 and im working on a fix right now, it will be out ASAP
    tho it might take some time since i dont have note 8 or properly working s8/s8+ for that matter so it takes a bit of time to debug everything

Huge thanks to everyone who donated and helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee

Here we go, november security update is out
    - Merged November 2022. Security update
    - Switched to new AIDL usb hal
    - Switched kernel back to clang toolchain

Some of you might have noticed that there were not any updates after security update, I had a lot going on in personal life and havent had time for android unfortunately hopefully that changes soon so i can finish up few more things that need to be sorted on n8/s8.
    On another note updated 19.1 and 18.1 builds will likely be out next week
    Huge thanks for everyone who supported this project so far as their donations help cover the build server cost.
    Enjoy new builds and stay safe.
    New builds are up, here is a brief changelog

Updated LineageOS 19.1 and 18.1builds will be updated later this week

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project and helped cover the build server cost, This project wouldnt be possible without them.
    Builds are mostly ready for daily use, i had no major issues while testing but some lineageos extras are not implemented yet as its still eaarly days in android 13 development

Huge thanks to everyone who supported this project, helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee/pizza for time spent on development, This project wouldnt be possible without them

Also this builds come with full BPF backport to kernel which enables fancy new android 13 features like gpu monitoring
    there were hundreds of kernel commits required to get this working on 4.4 kernel and it took quite a bit of time but new kernel will be used on future 19.1 builds too

You can find some screenshots here