LineageOS 20.0 (Android 13) [Signature Spoofing][OTA updates] for S8/S8+/Note8

Search This thread

Lelax

Nov 15, 2022
Which rom did you have before? Have you ever had such problems? Maybe you should switch back to the stock rom if you still have trouble making phone calls. To rule out a hardware defect. Keep in mind that you absolutely have to do a clean install if you come from a12!

Either voice LTE has been disabled or is not yet implemented. I can't find any settings where you can change the settings. But that's true what you say often there is no Voice LTE on AOSP based ROMS.
Can't find any related settings either and have the same problem, already tried another call app (Simple Dialer Pro, probably just a fork of AOSP Dialer).
Hardware is functional.
HUGE thanks for the work you doing here Ivan!
I'm eagerly looking foreward to a fix for this :)
Any logs I can provide to help?
Phone is clean, apart from Magisk and Viper4Android as a magisk module, which could be a part of this problem...

Edit: Well, now it works again...
No idea why, didn't change a thing, but I'll take it.
Thanks again for this ROM :)

Last edited:

Dopesimple

Nov 24, 2022
Is anyone else having issues with google play? Works fine for a few days after flashing then not able to install apps. Did a clean install twice but keeps happening. Flashed NikGapps-omni.
Screenshot_20221129-121943_Google Play Store.png

runninghamster

Dec 30, 2017
Melbourne
ZTE Axon 7
Having an issue where incoming calls go straight to voicemail without any indication that a call is incoming.

The calls don't show up in the call history so it's impossible to know there's an issue unless someone else tells you.

The issue is intermittent and so I haven't been able to determine the cause.

AbdoXms

Jan 29, 2015
I'm experiencing some problems with Bluetooth, I can't connect my smart band with the phone, my computer does connect and can send files. The band works fine in other roms.
Any idea what could be the problem? is there any fixes I can try??

sirfnomi

Nov 28, 2014
I'm experiencing some problems with Bluetooth, I can't connect my smart band with the phone, my computer does connect and can send files. The band works fine in other roms.
Any idea what could be the problem? is there any fixes I can try??
I am also facing this issue and what I heard about it is that it is not implemented in LineageOS 20 yet. so it is not a device bug. You can try LineageOS 19.0

AbdoXms

Jan 29, 2015
I am also facing this issue and what I heard about it is that it is not implemented in LineageOS 20 yet. so it is not a device bug. You can try LineageOS 19.0
Yeah I reverted to a LineageOS 19.0 based rom, I was really excited about the upgrade, but unfortunately it's a dealbreaker for me. Hope it will be implemented soon.

Thanks for the information.

mcknikker

Dec 28, 2012
Nintendo Switch
Helle friends,

I'm having my samsung s8+ running:
Teamwin 3.4 twrp
lineage os 17.1
android 10

I'm willin to upgrade to this rom without losing my application data. What is the best way?

spyrou007

Sep 9, 2014
I'm willin to upgrade to this rom without losing my application data. What is the best way?
Hi @mcknikker , there's no easy way that would give you a happy and experience.
  1. First you may want to consider the previous messages (let's say last 2 pages of this forum) that will give you some insight about this ROM (example: Unable to connect some specific wearables through Bluetooth at the moment)
  2. Then, you would recommend to follow this post here.
Have fun

Last edited:

mcknikker

Dec 28, 2012
Nintendo Switch
Hi @mcknikker , there's no easy way that would give you a happy and experience.
  1. First you may want to consider the previous messages (let's say last 2 pages of this forum) that will give you some insight about this ROM (example: Unable to connect wearables through Bluetooth at the moment)
  2. Then, you would recommend to follow this post here.
Have fun
Thanks a lot, after some trying it works perfect!

Hadi99

Jun 16, 2015
Thanks. The Rom is very stable.

However, the second sim card's signal indicator is buggy. The secondary Sim Card is fully functional, but falsely represented by no signal bars.

*G955N

Attachments

• photo_4933992498058078946_y.jpg
    photo_4933992498058078946_y.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

runninghamster

Dec 30, 2017
Melbourne
ZTE Axon 7
Is anyone else having issues with google play? Works fine for a few days after flashing then not able to install apps. Did a clean install twice but keeps happening. Flashed NikGapps-omni.View attachment 5772811
Hey, I believe myGovID might be checking for 'Certified Device' in the Play Store, as well as checking safetynet/root status as it's a government app.
Go into the Settings for Play Store and under 'About' check if the device is certified.
Download YASNAC and see if both basic and cts pass. If you're failing either, that could also be part of the issue.

Reactions: spyrou007

test10000001

Dec 31, 2008
since the last update, i can't here callers, but they can here me.
Someone has fixed this problem? or is it possable to switch back to the last update without losing data?

Ivan_Meler

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
December builds are finally out, here is a brief changelog
- Merged December 2022. Security update
- Merged android QPR1 December update
- Synced with LineageOS source

As always huge thanks to everyone who supported this project, helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee.
This project wouldnt be possible without them.

Enjoy new builds and stay safe

mtelleria

Jun 17, 2008
December builds are finally out, here is a brief changelog
- Merged December 2022. Security update
- Merged android QPR1 December update

As always huge thanks to everyone who supported this project, helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee.
This project wouldnt be possible without them.

Thanks for all Ivan.
Smartwatch sync still not working. Do you know when ya have some time to check it?

Ivan_Meler

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
Thanks for all Ivan.
Smartwatch sync still not working. Do you know when ya have some time to check it?
Ill try to get my hands on wearable to test it, i dont use wearable devices so unfortunately i didnt have time to test it yet but its on my todo list, especially considering how weird this bug is.

Tho i do know this affects few other non qualcomm devices so thats something i should look into too

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here we go, first builds of 2023. are out. and here is a brief changelog
    - Merged January 2023. Security update
    - Camera app improvements
    - Misc performance and stability improvements

This year will mark 6 years since release of s8 and note 8 and well here we are with latest android version and security update.
    Big thanks to everyone who supported this project with donations that helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee, this project wouldnt be possible without them.

19.1 and 18.1 builds will be released next week

Enjoy new builds.
    Here we go, first builds of 2023. are out. and here is a brief changelog

This year will mark 6 years since release of s8 and note 8 and well here we are with latest android version and security update.
    Big thanks to everyone who supported this project with donations that helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee, this project wouldnt be possible without them.

19.1 and 18.1 builds will be released next week

Enjoy new builds.
    Updated and seems all is working fine, except smartwatch connection that still not fixed.
    Thank Ivan for your work.
    My smartwatch can't connect.
    And the screencast does not connect.

Thank you
    Yup, that also is the problem with the app as I described in the message above. Downgrading to LOS 19.1 is the only solution that worked for me, despite trying hardly to get it to work
    Are you going to make LineageOS 21 for the s8 too or is it time to stop?
    Hello, i installed yesterday LOS 20 with basic NikGapps on my "Car" Galaxy S8 and wanted to connect wirelessly to Android Auto. Unforunately the phone always tells me that the connection was not sucessfull and i should restart it. Normal Bluetooth is no Problem but Android Auto is not possible. Is this a known Bug?

Edit: Fixed it by installing LOS again with FULL NikGapps.
    k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 20.0 for Exynos 8895 devices

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Working:
    - Wifi
    - Sound
    - mali drivers
    - USB tethering
    - HW Backed video Playback
    - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
    - Sensors
    - Buttons
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi HotSpot
    - MTP
    - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
    - HW encoding/decoding
    - Charging with device powered off
    - Stuff I didn't test yet
    - Camera
    - GPS
    - Fingerprint Sensor
    - Mobicore
    - SW codecs

Not Working
    - Storage Encryption (WIP switching to FBE from FDE since FDE was removed in 13)

Keep in mind that some LineageOS features have not been completed yet this is not a device bug and please do not report those

Also do not post bug reports for known issues or bug reports without proper
    a) Logcat
    b) proc/last_kmsg (or proc/kmsg)
    c) data/tombstones
    d) dmesg

Install gapps right after installing the rom itself don't try to boot to system before that if you want to use gapps (Or wipe data before installing them)

NikGapps have been updated to 13, you might need to clean flash if you used other gapps in past including nikgapps 12.1 version

Make sure you are using latest official TWRP before installing rom older versions do not have proper android 12/13 support

Downloads:
    Google Drive
    Mega.nz
    GitHub releases

if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee paypal.me/ivanmeler

BTC: 1Q823BsSbEKP62JFM7BjXiRCgF84qgcFST
    ETH(erc20): 0xc7272f851a692c679e85f18a62632c580ef3bdee
    Donations help cover the build server cost and since I do this in my free time, and also cover the coffee for time spent debugging stuff

Feel free to join telegram group with early builds progress updates and some off topic stuff Join

Based On Android 13/T
    Changelog

- Added back some features that were missing from QPR1

- Merged November 2022. Security update
    - Switched to new AIDL usb hal
    - Switched kernel back to clang toolchain

- Merged october 2022. Security update
    - Improved UI performance
    - Improved stock camera app

- Fixed samsungs bug with gps where it would start acting up over time due to time rollover bug

- Adressed missing symbol in advanced camera effects lib that wouldnt launch without them
    - Allowed system to override some bluetooth props
    - Performance and stability improvements
    - Synced with LineageOS source (Almost all of lineageos features should be there and work now)

- Switched to Generic FunctionFS usb backend (We used legacy functionfs in past)
    - Updated USB hal
    - Usb hal will now give notifications on port being wet instead of just disabling it without notice
    - Merged few more missing BPF commits to kernel
    - Unpinned deprecated updatable media apex jar from ram

- Updated kernel build flags for new build enviroment
    Switched to source built Bluetooth interface
    - Cleaned up device source

- Merged September 2022. Security update
    - Updated chromium webview to 105.0.5195.79
    - Added more customization options powered by Monet

- Fixed home button wake

- Fixed camera on Note 8
    - Most of lineageos features have been implemented

- Fixed bluetooth audio
    - Upreved audio hal to 7.1 from 5.0
    - Implemented custom audio service used to load audio hal
    - Backported more BPF changes to kernel
    - Switched to webview 105.0.5195.68 which is native to T
    - Cleaned up the source and patches used to build the rom

- Initial release

Contributors
    Ivan_Meler
    Source Code: https://github.com/8890q/

ROM OS Version: Android 13
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.302
    New builds are up here is a brief changelog
    - Fixed bluetooth audio
    - Upreved audio hal to 7.1 from 5.0
    - Implemented custom audio service used to load audio hal
    - Backported more BPF changes to kernel
    - Switched to webview 105.0.5195.68 which is native to T
    - Cleaned up the source and patches used to build the rom

Do note you might need to clean flash if you used 12.1 gapps that replace default webview and use 13 gapps instead

Im aware of curent camera issues affecting Note 8 and im working on a fix right now, it will be out ASAP
    tho it might take some time since i dont have note 8 or properly working s8/s8+ for that matter so it takes a bit of time to debug everything

Huge thanks to everyone who donated and helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee

Here we go, november security update is out
    - Merged November 2022. Security update
    - Switched to new AIDL usb hal
    - Switched kernel back to clang toolchain

Some of you might have noticed that there were not any updates after security update, I had a lot going on in personal life and havent had time for android unfortunately hopefully that changes soon so i can finish up few more things that need to be sorted on n8/s8.
    On another note updated 19.1 and 18.1 builds will likely be out next week
    Huge thanks for everyone who supported this project so far as their donations help cover the build server cost.
    Enjoy new builds and stay safe.
    New builds are up, here is a brief changelog
    - Merged october 2022. Security update
    - Improved UI performance
    - Improved stock camera app

Updated LineageOS 19.1 and 18.1builds will be updated later this week

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project and helped cover the build server cost, This project wouldnt be possible without them.
    Here we go, new build with a lot of features from lineageos 19.1 reimplemented and fixed camera on note 8
    here is a brief changelog

- Fixed camera on Note 8
    - Most of lineageos features have been implemented

Huge thanks to everyone who supported this project with donations which help cover the build server cost and get me coffee for time spent wroking on this, Note 8 camera was one of weirdest bugs at it produced no proper log but ive managed to deal with it tho it took a few days

September security updates are likely coming in a few days too once google releases source for them