spyrou007

Sep 9, 2014
New builds are up here is brief changelog

- Updated kernel build flags for new build enviroment
- Misc performance and stability improvements
Switched to source built Bluetooth interface
- Cleaned up device source
- Synced with LineageOS source

Ill investigate issues some wearables are having but it takes time as i need proper logs from when such device fails to connect
Im also working on few other changes that ill leave as a surprise for now

Huge thanks to everyone who supported this project with donations that help cover build server cost and get me coffee.

Enjoy new builds and stay safe
Hi @Ivan_Meler , thanks for the work you're doing.
I was wondering if , with this ROM, you could reproduce this issue:
Go to this app "Revolut - Mobile Finance" to try to install it. From: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.revolut.revolut
When I do , I get this message "Your device isn't compatible with this version". see screenshot attached.
Is there anything that can be done on the ROM to prevent this?
FYI: I reproduced this before having Magisk, but also after Magisk with the universal safety net module (to get my device certified, in Google Play)
Many thanks in advance.
Screenshot_20220927-123915_Google Play Store.png

Edit: reduced image size + added details on Magisk module

Last edited:

mtelleria

Jun 17, 2008
Go to this app "Revolut - Mobile Finance" to try to install it. From: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.revolut.revolut
When I do , I get this message "Your device isn't compatible with this version". see screenshot attached.
FYI: I reproduced this before having Magisk, but also after Magisk (to get my device certified, in Google Play)
Many thanks in advance.
View attachment 5721527
Hello,
I have no problem installing it.
Have you installed universal safety net module on magysk?

spyrou007

Sep 9, 2014
If you are having issues with Google Pay/Wallet,
then know that there is a MOD to install on top of the regular Universal SafetyNet Fix 2.3.1
Mod was made by @Displax , and it can be found here.
He provides the usage , but what I did to pass the extra Google API checks is:
  1. Just install the new safetynet-fix MOD over old Universal SafetyNet Fix
  2. Reboot device.
  3. Magisk settings > Configure DenyList > Enable: Google Pay/Wallet
  4. Apps> Google Play Services > Clear all data
  5. Apps> Google Play Store > Clear all data
  6. Apps> Google Pay/Wallet > Clear all data
  7. Reboot
Et voila

harpal singh

Jul 23, 2012
Fatehabad
Hi, Thanks for the ROM.

I am facing calling issue. I have Airtal sim and call connecting takes a long time specially during the roaming area. I don't know whether it is a software issue or the operator's problem but in the home area it takes upto 5 sec to connect a call.

Thanks.

Ivan_Meler

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
New builds are out, here is a brief changelog
- Adressed missing symbol in advanced camera effects lib that wouldnt launch without them
- Allowed system to override some bluetooth props
- Performance and stability improvements
- Synced with LineageOS source (Almost all of lineageos features should be there and work now)

Almost all of the lineageos features have been ported to Android 13 now and are working, there still might be a missing few compared to android 12.1 but i didnt find any.

There are also some device side changes that should improve performance stability and battery life

Huge thanks to everyone who supported this project with donations that help cover the build server cost and got me coffee which helps speed things up.

Enjoy new builds and stay safe.

sirfnomi

Nov 28, 2014
- Adressed missing symbol in advanced camera effects lib that wouldnt launch without them
- Synced with LineageOS source (Almost all of lineageos features should be there and work now)

Almost all of the lineageos features have been ported to Android 13 now and are working, there still might be a missing few compared to android 12.1 but i didnt find any.

There are also some device side changes that should improve performance stability and battery life

Huge thanks to everyone who supported this project with donations that help cover the build server cost and got me coffee which helps speed things up.

Thank you so much Ivan for your great work. we really appreciate it.

spyrou007

Sep 9, 2014
after rebooting the device run adb logcat -b all > output on pc from terminal/command prompt/power shell and try to connect the device.
Feel free to send me logs in pm if you dont want to post them publicly
Hi Ivan, just sent you a PM with my logs , using today's build of LOS 20.0.
Thank you very much for updating our smartphones.
I suggest that others with the Bluetooth issue , do the same , it is very simple.

Badstuber87

Mar 12, 2021

The only thing that o have found it doesn't work is the long swipe action .

Reactions: bahaxd4

Aretak

Sep 2, 2022
FYI: I reproduced this before having Magisk, but also after Magisk with the universal safety net module (to get my device certified, in Google Play)
Many thanks in advance.
View attachment 5721527
Edit: reduced image size + added details on Magisk module
I also had this issue on my S8 after a fresh install of this ROM (plus the "stock" NikGApps package), even after installing Magisk and the SafetyNet fix. What fixed it for me is following the steps here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MicroG/comments/shmpng
Except without the MicroG bits, as I'm not using it. After I did that, missing apps like Revolut appeared in the store and installed and ran without issue (after hiding root from them in Magisk). I selected the SM-G950F fingerprint for my device since that's what I have. It may be different for you.

It's all been running super smoothly for me since then. Just updated to the latest build. Cheers Ivan.

Reactions: spyrou007

harpal singh

Jul 23, 2012
Fatehabad

Thanks for the build Ivan,

But I updated latest build using OTA and now there is a boot loop... I tried to dirty flash earlier release too but no luck.. I don't want to lose data... so any option to recover from boot loop without losing data. the device is rebooting again and again.

Please help me.

Ivan_Meler

Staff member
Thanks for the build Ivan,

But I updated latest build using OTA and now there is a boot loop... I tried to dirty flash earlier release too but no luck.. I don't want to lose data... so any option to recover from boot loop without losing data. the device is rebooting again and again.

Please help me.
so this might come from magisk module or gapps/any mods you used.
i would start by deleting /data/adb from twrp file manager and dirty reflashing latest updare together with exactly same gapps and flashable mods you had flashed before

Reactions: jeebspawnshop

harpal singh

Jul 23, 2012
Fatehabad
i would start by deleting /data/adb from twrp file manager and dirty reflashing latest updare together with exactly same gapps and flashable mods you had flashed before
Thank for the reply.

Yes i used magisk module and nik gapps. ok I try to delete the /data/adb and will do as you suggested. Thanks.

Ivan_Meler

Staff member
New quick fixup update is out, it should fix issues with samsungs gp rollover bug since it has updated gps libs, here is a brief changelog
- Fixed samsungs bug with gps where it would start acting up over time due to time rollover bug

19.1 and 18.1 will get said changes too with October security update which should hopefully be out next week (20 will get an update too with said security update but gps has been fixed here already)

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project and helped cover the build server cost

spyrou007

Sep 9, 2014
New quick fixup update is out, it should fix issues with samsungs gp rollover bug since it has updated gps libs, here is a brief changelog
- Fixed samsungs bug with gps where it would start acting up over time due to time rollover bug

19.1 and 18.1 will get said changes too with October security update which should hopefully be out next week (20 will get an update too with said security update but gps has been fixed here already)

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project and helped cover the build server cost
Many thanks @Ivan_Meler for this new release. the update (on dream2lte) went super smooth. (y)

I have 2 queries for you to consider, if you may:
  1. I believe that SELinux is disabled. Consequently after each system update, we get a Trust warning saying so (SELinux disabled ... security risk .. blablabla). Will SELinux always be disabled ? if so : are you able to disable the security alert about SELinux ? or is it expected that users do that manually ?
  2. In Settings > Display > LiveDisplay (colour): I am not able to change the display mode (day / night) or the Colour temperature (by default at 6500K). Could this be implemented , please ? or is this already working and I am doing it wrong ?
    1. good news, the reading mode works, so the screen can turn greyscale at will, or during bedtime. That's good
Thanks in advance.

harpal singh

Jul 23, 2012
Fatehabad

Hi Ivan

I installed clean flash rom today as I couldn't cure the bootloop due to Magisk.

Everything is working fine Except mic problem while using handsfree. I can hear the caller but he couldn't hear my voice. I called different persons and all complaint about that. Normal call is ok.

Plz advice what to do.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here we go, november security update is out
    - Merged November 2022. Security update
    - Switched to new AIDL usb hal
    - Switched kernel back to clang toolchain

Some of you might have noticed that there were not any updates after security update, I had a lot going on in personal life and havent had time for android unfortunately hopefully that changes soon so i can finish up few more things that need to be sorted on n8/s8.
    On another note updated 19.1 and 18.1 builds will likely be out next week
    Huge thanks for everyone who supported this project so far as their donations help cover the build server cost.
    I'm experiencing some problems with Bluetooth, I can't connect my smart band with the phone, my computer does connect and can send files. The band works fine in other roms.
    Any idea what could be the problem? is there any fixes I can try??
    I am also facing this issue and what I heard about it is that it is not implemented in LineageOS 20 yet. so it is not a device bug. You can try LineageOS 19.0
    thank so much one more question

when i download . it has 3 file lineagexxxx-dreamlte.zip , dream2lte.zip and greatlte.zip.
    do i have to install 3file by using twrp or i just select only one for install
    dreamlte is for S8, dream2lte is for S8+ and greatle is for Note 8.
    dreamlte is for S8, dream2lte is for S8+ and greatle is for Note 8.
    Thank you a lot. Will try 😃 I almost install 3 of them . Lol
    Updated! All seems to be ok. Unfortunately smartwatch sync is still not working.
    Thanks Ivan for your work.
    Waiting to have a fix for this.
    k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 20.0 for Exynos 8895 devices

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Working:
    - Wifi
    - Sound
    - mali drivers
    - USB tethering
    - HW Backed video Playback
    - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
    - Sensors
    - Buttons
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi HotSpot
    - MTP
    - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
    - HW encoding/decoding
    - Charging with device powered off
    - Stuff I didn't test yet
    - Camera
    - GPS
    - Fingerprint Sensor
    - Mobicore
    - SW codecs

Not Working
    - Storage Encryption (WIP switching to FBE from FDE since FDE was removed in 13)

Keep in mind that some LineageOS features have not been completed yet this is not a device bug and please do not report those

Also do not post bug reports for known issues or bug reports without proper
    a) Logcat
    b) proc/last_kmsg (or proc/kmsg)
    c) data/tombstones
    d) dmesg

Install gapps right after installing the rom itself don't try to boot to system before that if you want to use gapps (Or wipe data before installing them)

NikGapps have been updated to 13, you might need to clean flash if you used other gapps in past including nikgapps 12.1 version

Make sure you are using latest official TWRP before installing rom older versions do not have proper android 12/13 support

Downloads:
    Google Drive
    Mega.nz
    GitHub releases

if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee paypal.me/ivanmeler

BTC: 1Q823BsSbEKP62JFM7BjXiRCgF84qgcFST
    ETH(erc20): 0xc7272f851a692c679e85f18a62632c580ef3bdee
    Donations help cover the build server cost and since I do this in my free time, and also cover the coffee for time spent debugging stuff

Feel free to join telegram group with early builds progress updates and some off topic stuff Join

Based On Android 13/T
    Changelog

- Merged october 2022. Security update
    - Improved UI performance
    - Improved stock camera app

- Switched to Generic FunctionFS usb backend (We used legacy functionfs in past)
    - Updated USB hal
    - Usb hal will now give notifications on port being wet instead of just disabling it without notice
    - Merged few more missing BPF commits to kernel
    - Unpinned deprecated updatable media apex jar from ram

- Updated kernel build flags for new build enviroment
    Switched to source built Bluetooth interface
    - Cleaned up device source

- Merged September 2022. Security update
    - Updated chromium webview to 105.0.5195.79
    - Added more customization options powered by Monet

- Fixed home button wake

- Fixed camera on Note 8
    - Most of lineageos features have been implemented

- Fixed bluetooth audio
    - Upreved audio hal to 7.1 from 5.0
    - Implemented custom audio service used to load audio hal
    - Backported more BPF changes to kernel
    - Switched to webview 105.0.5195.68 which is native to T
    - Cleaned up the source and patches used to build the rom

- Initial release

Contributors
    Ivan_Meler
    Source Code: https://github.com/8890q/

ROM OS Version: Android 13
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.302
    New builds are up here is a brief changelog
    - Fixed bluetooth audio
    - Upreved audio hal to 7.1 from 5.0
    - Implemented custom audio service used to load audio hal
    - Backported more BPF changes to kernel
    - Switched to webview 105.0.5195.68 which is native to T
    - Cleaned up the source and patches used to build the rom

Do note you might need to clean flash if you used 12.1 gapps that replace default webview and use 13 gapps instead

Im aware of curent camera issues affecting Note 8 and im working on a fix right now, it will be out ASAP
    tho it might take some time since i dont have note 8 or properly working s8/s8+ for that matter so it takes a bit of time to debug everything

Huge thanks to everyone who donated and helped cover the build server cost and got me coffee

Enjoy new builds and stay safe
    Here we go, november security update is out

Some of you might have noticed that there were not any updates after security update, I had a lot going on in personal life and havent had time for android unfortunately hopefully that changes soon so i can finish up few more things that need to be sorted on n8/s8.
    On another note updated 19.1 and 18.1 builds will likely be out next week
    Huge thanks for everyone who supported this project so far as their donations help cover the build server cost.
    New builds are up, here is a brief changelog
    - Merged october 2022. Security update
    - Improved UI performance
    - Improved stock camera app

Updated LineageOS 19.1 and 18.1builds will be updated later this week

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project and helped cover the build server cost, This project wouldnt be possible without them.
    Here we go, new build with a lot of features from lineageos 19.1 reimplemented and fixed camera on note 8
    here is a brief changelog

- Fixed camera on Note 8
    - Most of lineageos features have been implemented

Huge thanks to everyone who supported this project with donations which help cover the build server cost and get me coffee for time spent wroking on this, Note 8 camera was one of weirdest bugs at it produced no proper log but ive managed to deal with it tho it took a few days

September security updates are likely coming in a few days too once google releases source for them