LineageOS[2018/02/12]

Search This thread

jgcaap

Sep 22, 2009
Porto
P
url]

Hello everyone, after long studying both kernel and ROMs, I've decided to start building a ROM of my own.

Download

It is recommended to use F2FS.

Recovery - Wipe - advanced wipe - Select internal card - FS options - Check F2FS and swipe.

Remember that you'll loose everything on your internal memory.

Partition configuration i recomend for best speed:
cache --> F2FS
Internal Data -->F2FS
System --> EXT4

Features:
Updated SQL to 3.22.0
New Kernel
Proguard 6.0
F2FS ready for data and cache
ColorOs Blobs (much better quality) -Coming soon
latest webp
root
Compiled with device specific clang and gcc.
More coming soon

I'm a very practical user, and my aim will be to get a very fluid stable system, at the same time with speed and battery, keeping most stock possible with the optimizations which will improve for real our experience.

What works for now:
Everything

Join out Google+ community

Big thanks to @RobbieL811 for the patience and help he provided to create these builds.
Thanks also for the experience i won with @ak @savoca @Lord Boeffla @ZaneZam by discussing and learning about the kernel. Big thanks to @dorimanx. Thank you @franciscofranco for commits to improve kernel!

As you might know, all credits go to CyanogenMod Team.

Source Code
OnePlus Thread
If you like my work, please consider a donation.

Last edited:

jgcaap

Sep 22, 2009
Porto
Frequently asked questions:

You problably wondering why i say is CAF+Google+CM. It's in fact very easy... and i have seen many threads which mislead the interpertation. Google provides AOSP+ kernel patches for the nexus devices which are for our chipset.
Qualcom provides CAF changes which is over linux kernel changes and google changes. (in other words kernel is linux based and frameworks/art/bionic are based on the google stuff which is also based on linux)
We still have CM changes.

So basically how it works? i'll simplify

We use Google as base which includes CAF changes and CM changes... and with this ROM... jgcaap changes :)

Flashing instructions:
1) Firmware (I'll keep updated always when necessary.)
2) ROM
3) Slim Gapps (don't flash any other)
4) Let me know how it go.

Notes:
1) keep new modem which is on the op, also compatible with oxygen modem (I'll upload)
2) flash rom after rebooting recovery
3) kernel development will be 4.03 and upward.

So why Add CAF on some roms at tittle?
Basically is linux kernel with CAF changes without google or CM changes on kernel (and kernel only)

But let me add you some knowledge here. What you call CAF is in fact Oxygen OS kernel. In other words, what Devs which have on title CAF which is related to 3.4.0 kernel is in fact linux+CAF+Oxygen OS.

Oxygen OS changes is only compatible with blobs which are from oxygen OS, and we do not use it. So because of that, the rom problably won't boot in case you flash a "CAF" kernel

Why some Devs use the called CAF and some CM source?

Depends on preference. I prefer CM because i believe is the best not only on performance but also never had issues with it. But there might be different experiences regarding the phone you have since we all have different batches. There are devs which believe that compability issues might be related to some CM commits. As also, there are devs which think the other way around.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: What changes have you made between versions?
A: All changes made are the same as CyanogenMod ROM which can be found here: http://www.cmxlog.com/13/bacon/ and all manual changes will be also stated on 2nd post.
You can also check on Settings --> About where is all the changes .

Q: What is LZ4?
A: Read here about the project: https://github.com/Cyan4973/lz4

Q: Was latest build used LZ4?
A: This is still under testing and I'm working on it. It'll be on the test folder.

Q: What is the test folder?
A: Unstable, and test builds where I seek to study a new configuration to enhance user experience.

Q: Why don't you always share change logs?
A: Limited time. Sorry about it. :)

Q: I'm confused. I have no clue which build is the latest!
A: You can always download again! :D

Q: Your site have ads why?
A: Need help on extra wealth to survive. Leave some clicks while you visit is only nice. :)

Q: I want more from the rom!
A: Me too!

Q: Why you sometimes ignore users?
A: I never ignore, just don't have time to answer all. Please help one another and also use search button. I think you prefer me learning to bring something nice than post all the time right? hehe :)

Q: I have so many questions to ask you!
A: I can provide many answers! Just ask!

Q: Can I PM you?
A: Only when is urgent!

Q: How to report bugs?
A: Our bugs are CM bugs. Report on JIRA: https://jira.cyanogenmod.org

Q: Are you CyanogenMod maintainer?
A: No, just an user which wants to have better builds possible. But would be nice to see CM adding me to the contributions list. :)

Q: Which Firmware do you use?
A: Download here: http://download.jgcaap.xyz/files/oneplusone/firmware/ as I'll provide the firmware there.

Q: Why Slim gaaps? Open Gaaps are so much cool!
A: Open Gaaps has provided many unstable issues which makes the phone unusable until a clean format. Slim gaaps have shown to be better on that.

Q: Why some buttons of UKM don't work?
A: Need time to improve that.. :p

Q: I want an update app to auto update roms. To lazy to check the thread!
A: I understand, for now is not feasible to do it as I need time to analyse and understand best solution as I update tool-chains regularly and also is not my priority. Remember time is limited for me. :)

Q: Why picture is upside down?
A: Ask the app developer to fix it as it mounts incorrectly.

Q: But upside down is from stock app you have on rom?
A: You problably changed kernel. Either use stock or a version which supports the find7 blobs.

Q: Why does the Rom charge slow ? Please add quick charge feature!
A: Quick Charge is not available for our device, what is available is the option to lower or increase the mAh input of the charger, which will lead to a slower or faster charging process. This has been lowered to save the battery lifetime, because if you heat to much the battery the acids start to become basic and loose it's capacity to store electricity. But you still have the option to change this by flashing UKM (which is available on the server) and by installing synapse. Here is another thing I like to avoid:
http://www.phonearena.com/news/OnePlus-One-bursts-into-flames-while-charging-in-India_id84509

Q: Why not overclock?
A: Two reasons. One it damages the device. Second makes it heat, and if you read the answer before this question, you'll understand easily that it'll stress battery and make it loose its battery lifetime faster. as also it'll degrade the inboard components faster. Remember your phone is not a toy and there can be other damages done.

Q: Are you responsible for any damages we take?
A: Everything is tested, and I use it daily. If you have any damages you can only contact the company OnePlus to see if the warranty covers it. I am not responsible for any damages you have with your device.

Q: Can you add a bunch of features to kernel ? I want 20 schedulers!
A: Kernel has to be small. So i'll only add the necessary.

Q: Can you compile with O3? Or Just Archi? I heard is super cool.
A: Already was on that path and quickly learned that the force of the light is the way. May the force be with you.

Last edited:

jgcaap

Sep 22, 2009
Porto
The changelog is based on CM changelog plus the modifications anounced.

Changelog:

19/11/2016
merged OMS
merged upstream libpng
synced with cm

14/11/2016
Specific device clang, specific gcc toolchain
GPS fixed, selinux fixed, Google setup available.

08/11/2016
New Clang Toolchain

07/11/2016
Sqlite 3.15..1, webp, proguard 5.3.1, new kernel.

06/11/2016
Camera completly fixed

Last edited:

Setting.Out

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 10, 2013
Sèvres
As of now not a daily driver..

Broken

Phone (instant reboot)
Camera (can't connect)
Limited button rebinding (Some work.. ?*Recents, voice search, search, and screen off only.. ?*The rest are broken)
Battery customization
Screen off gestures (haptic feedbacktriggers, but no action)
lock clock widget (trying to set up weather FC's)

What works

The rest.. :)

Remember, this is an alpha build...

Don't ask for sot
Don't ask for features
Don't report bugs without logs or details on how to reproduce them..
Don't dirty flash from another CM ROM!!
:)

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Yup, I cannot afford a phone that can't call ;) Which firmware do you recommend? The one in your download site? ( this one )

Congrats.
No issues here on 241..

Last edited:

Setting.Out

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 10, 2013
Sèvres
Reactions: MRJ1957

jgcaap

Sep 22, 2009
Porto

amardeep434

Aug 4, 2014
pune
I posted a link to this on his hangouts, he said he's pretty sure what's missing.. Thanks

Fingers crossed.. ;)

np mate :)

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

that on the calls is really necessary ? I think is something related to cm phone service. I'll try out your commit thanks ;)

Camera i'm still investigating

yes as far as for the calls that thing fixed it for me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    P
    url]

Hello everyone, after long studying both kernel and ROMs, I've decided to start building a ROM of my own.

Download

It is recommended to use F2FS.

Recovery - Wipe - advanced wipe - Select internal card - FS options - Check F2FS and swipe.

Remember that you'll loose everything on your internal memory.

Partition configuration i recomend for best speed:
    cache --> F2FS
    Internal Data -->F2FS
    System --> EXT4

Features:
    Updated SQL to 3.22.0
    New Kernel
    Proguard 6.0
    F2FS ready for data and cache
    ColorOs Blobs (much better quality) -Coming soon
    latest webp
    root
    Compiled with device specific clang and gcc.
    More coming soon

I'm a very practical user, and my aim will be to get a very fluid stable system, at the same time with speed and battery, keeping most stock possible with the optimizations which will improve for real our experience.

What works for now:
    Everything

Join out Google+ community

Big thanks to @RobbieL811 for the patience and help he provided to create these builds.
    Thanks also for the experience i won with @ak @savoca @Lord Boeffla @ZaneZam by discussing and learning about the kernel. Big thanks to @dorimanx. Thank you @franciscofranco for commits to improve kernel!

As you might know, all credits go to CyanogenMod Team.

Source Code
    OnePlus Thread
    If you like my work, please consider a donation.
    New rom coming with sultan camera HAL and oxygen OS blobs.
    Repo sync with cm

2 hours and is ready.
    Small share.

First of all I'm sorry for not being in full time on this. Thesis... And now Nestlé is kind of taking most of it. Learning and adapting to the new way of life in Denmark is also being alot of fun and a dream. I'm so entusiastic that I can really describe in words how happy I am. This opportunity I had with Nestlé was unique, and in my intimate I feel that I am living a dream. My goal to become a big Financial Controlller is slowly arriving. I took a picture recently, which i'll share with you.

The happiest place , our chocolate room for employees. heheh

The rom will be continuasly build as I have most of the things automated and build with the latest materials prepared to give an enhancement.

I hope still you are happy with the little I give back to this community.

Thank you guys. I hope you like this share :)
    Frequently asked questions:

You problably wondering why i say is CAF+Google+CM. It's in fact very easy... and i have seen many threads which mislead the interpertation. Google provides AOSP+ kernel patches for the nexus devices which are for our chipset.
    Qualcom provides CAF changes which is over linux kernel changes and google changes. (in other words kernel is linux based and frameworks/art/bionic are based on the google stuff which is also based on linux)
    We still have CM changes.

So basically how it works? i'll simplify

We use Google as base which includes CAF changes and CM changes... and with this ROM... jgcaap changes :)

Flashing instructions:
    1) Firmware (I'll keep updated always when necessary.)
    2) ROM
    3) Slim Gapps (don't flash any other)
    4) Let me know how it go.

Notes:
    1) keep new modem which is on the op, also compatible with oxygen modem (I'll upload)
    2) flash rom after rebooting recovery
    3) kernel development will be 4.03 and upward.

So why Add CAF on some roms at tittle?
    Basically is linux kernel with CAF changes without google or CM changes on kernel (and kernel only)

But let me add you some knowledge here. What you call CAF is in fact Oxygen OS kernel. In other words, what Devs which have on title CAF which is related to 3.4.0 kernel is in fact linux+CAF+Oxygen OS.

Oxygen OS changes is only compatible with blobs which are from oxygen OS, and we do not use it. So because of that, the rom problably won't boot in case you flash a "CAF" kernel

Why some Devs use the called CAF and some CM source?

Depends on preference. I prefer CM because i believe is the best not only on performance but also never had issues with it. But there might be different experiences regarding the phone you have since we all have different batches. There are devs which believe that compability issues might be related to some CM commits. As also, there are devs which think the other way around.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: What changes have you made between versions?
    A: All changes made are the same as CyanogenMod ROM which can be found here: http://www.cmxlog.com/13/bacon/ and all manual changes will be also stated on 2nd post.
    You can also check on Settings --> About where is all the changes .

Q: What is LZ4?
    A: Read here about the project: https://github.com/Cyan4973/lz4

Q: Was latest build used LZ4?
    A: This is still under testing and I'm working on it. It'll be on the test folder.

Q: What is the test folder?
    A: Unstable, and test builds where I seek to study a new configuration to enhance user experience.

Q: Why don't you always share change logs?
    A: Limited time. Sorry about it. :)

Q: I'm confused. I have no clue which build is the latest!
    A: You can always download again! :D

Q: Your site have ads why?
    A: Need help on extra wealth to survive. Leave some clicks while you visit is only nice. :)

Q: I want more from the rom!
    A: Me too!

Q: Why you sometimes ignore users?
    A: I never ignore, just don't have time to answer all. Please help one another and also use search button. I think you prefer me learning to bring something nice than post all the time right? hehe :)

Q: I have so many questions to ask you!
    A: I can provide many answers! Just ask!

Q: Can I PM you?
    A: Only when is urgent!

Q: How to report bugs?
    A: Our bugs are CM bugs. Report on JIRA: https://jira.cyanogenmod.org

Q: Are you CyanogenMod maintainer?
    A: No, just an user which wants to have better builds possible. But would be nice to see CM adding me to the contributions list. :)

Q: Which Firmware do you use?
    A: Download here: http://download.jgcaap.xyz/files/oneplusone/firmware/ as I'll provide the firmware there.

Q: Why Slim gaaps? Open Gaaps are so much cool!
    A: Open Gaaps has provided many unstable issues which makes the phone unusable until a clean format. Slim gaaps have shown to be better on that.

Q: Why some buttons of UKM don't work?
    A: Need time to improve that.. :p

Q: I want an update app to auto update roms. To lazy to check the thread!
    A: I understand, for now is not feasible to do it as I need time to analyse and understand best solution as I update tool-chains regularly and also is not my priority. Remember time is limited for me. :)

Q: Why picture is upside down?
    A: Ask the app developer to fix it as it mounts incorrectly.

Q: But upside down is from stock app you have on rom?
    A: You problably changed kernel. Either use stock or a version which supports the find7 blobs.

Q: Why does the Rom charge slow ? Please add quick charge feature!
    A: Quick Charge is not available for our device, what is available is the option to lower or increase the mAh input of the charger, which will lead to a slower or faster charging process. This has been lowered to save the battery lifetime, because if you heat to much the battery the acids start to become basic and loose it's capacity to store electricity. But you still have the option to change this by flashing UKM (which is available on the server) and by installing synapse. Here is another thing I like to avoid:
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/OnePlus-One-bursts-into-flames-while-charging-in-India_id84509

Q: Why not overclock?
    A: Two reasons. One it damages the device. Second makes it heat, and if you read the answer before this question, you'll understand easily that it'll stress battery and make it loose its battery lifetime faster. as also it'll degrade the inboard components faster. Remember your phone is not a toy and there can be other damages done.

Q: Are you responsible for any damages we take?
    A: Everything is tested, and I use it daily. If you have any damages you can only contact the company OnePlus to see if the warranty covers it. I am not responsible for any damages you have with your device.

Q: Can you add a bunch of features to kernel ? I want 20 schedulers!
    A: Kernel has to be small. So i'll only add the necessary.

Q: Can you compile with O3? Or Just Archi? I heard is super cool.
    A: Already was on that path and quickly learned that the force of the light is the way. May the force be with you.
    I'll be sincere with you guys. My life right now is on running mode. Thesis deadline is approaching, and I'm going to live into another country soon. So I am kind of tied up to time. My development won't be much as it requires time. So until may I'll not be able to be fully dedicated to bring features etc. So I hope you understand that is still a slow process.