LineageOS 7.1 for SGP771

Search This thread

belrik

Nov 25, 2010
I just interesting, all users disabled option "Send lineageos statistics" or it's real only one install on SGP712?
https://stats.lineageos.org/model/karin_windy/
On 771 not much better :(

I'm using karin_windy and I know one other user so it's just that people disable stats, sorry!

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

Open Hello to the OP and those responsible for this build. Thanks for posting, good to see this get more attention.

I'm currently running Andralex's test build with the wifi strength fix which is still stuck waiting for Gerrit review (https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/165207)

Which codebase is this built from?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

Probably real since we can't flash your SGP712 build with any available recovery.

I've just flashed this build using TWRP 3.0.3-1 for karin_windy, over the 20170304 test build from Andralex and it seems to be fine- I notice that WideVine is working now (can download episodes from Netflix). Great!

Suggest that someone posts a newer TWRP but in the meantime try this: (removed link to 3.0.3.0 as it has has known issues), use kv123's: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120731513

Last edited:

kv123

Jan 26, 2015
I'm using karin_windy and I know one other user so it's just that people disable stats, sorry!

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

Open Hello to the OP and those responsible for this build. Thanks for posting, good to see this get more attention.

I'm currently running Andralex's test build with the wifi strength fix which is still stuck waiting for Gerrit review (https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/165207)

Which codebase is this built from?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

I've just flashed this build using TWRP 3.0.3-1 for karin_windy, over the 20170304 test build from Andralex and it seems to be fine- I notice that WideVine is working now (can download episodes from Netflix). Great!

Suggest that someone posts a newer TWRP but in the meantime try this: https://drive.google.com/a/allthatwemight.be/file/d/0B8R5AWvofVg1S3U5WmsxdEhrVVE/view?usp=drivesdk

For install recommended 3.1.0.0. Many users have troubles exactly with 3.0.3.0

You don't need to sorry for disable stats, it's your right! I disabled it too ;)

Code base is last github.com/lineageos, but i use libs from last for now firmware 32.3.A.2.33 including wifi settings. On 771 i know 2 devices were wifi working stable. Hope on 712 will be the same.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

it works!
Screenshot_20170516-000322.png

Nice!
Thanks for feedback.

Last edited:

belrik

Nov 25, 2010
For install recommended 3.1.0.0. Many users have troubles exactly with 3.0.3.0

You don't need to sorry for disable stats, it's your right! I disabled it too ;)

Code base is last github.com/lineageos, but i use libs from last for now firmware 32.3.A.2.33 including wifi settings. On 771 i know 2 devices were wifi working stable. Hope on 712 will be the same.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Nice!
Thanks for feedback.

I've removed that link from my post, worked for me but I won't tempt fate when you've already compiled a more recent version. I'll test the wifi for stability now. You might want to check the gerrit link I posted as it's a smaller patch than pulling the whole firmware from the official ROM, it's literally a few parms in bcmdhd.cal that need to be tweaked to improve the strength.

kv123

Jan 26, 2015
I've removed that link from my post, worked for me but I won't tempt fate when you've already compiled a more recent version. I'll test the wifi for stability now. You might want to check the gerrit link I posted as it's a smaller patch than pulling the whole firmware from the official ROM, it's literally a few parms in bcmdhd.cal that need to be tweaked to improve the strength.

As i see there is no tweaks, only stock bcmdhd.cal. Stock is better, then before used before from Z3+(ivy).

Last edited:

belrik

Nov 25, 2010
As i see there is no tweaks, only stock bcmdhd.cal. Stock is better, then before used before from Z3+(ivy).

Sorry, I thought you meant that you had copied entire /system/etc/firmware from stock instead of upstream karin_windy code based on your first reply, guess I misunderstood.

Is there anyone here with commit access for karin_windy, cos there are a bunch of patch merge requests piling up: https://review.lineageos.org/#/q/project:LineageOS/android_device_sony_karin_windy

kv123

Jan 26, 2015
Reactions: belrik

rebski

Jul 18, 2010
I have just discovered the bombshell information, my Service Menu/Routing Status/Bootloader Unlock Allowed reports 'No'.

I hadn't hitherto realised the finality of that scenario. All I can do is to buy another device and this time make sure of the Bootloder Unlock option. It serves me right, I suppose, for buying a device from a mobile network operator, in my case O2 in the UK.

In the meantime I shall watch the progress of this development and hope to jump in at some future point.

belrik

Nov 25, 2010
I have just discovered the bombshell information, my Service Menu/Routing Status/Bootloader Unlock Allowed reports 'No'.

I hadn't hitherto realised the finality of that scenario. All I can do is to buy another device and this time make sure of the Bootloder Unlock option. It serves me right, I suppose, for buying a device from a mobile network operator, in my case O2 in the UK.

In the meantime I shall watch the progress of this development and hope to jump in at some future point.

Have you enabled "enable bootloader unlock" in development settings? Check before giving up!

rebski

Jul 18, 2010
Have you enabled "enable bootloader unlock" in development settings? Check before giving up!
Thanks for the tip, that was unknown to me. I gave it a try including restarting the device but no joy I'm afraid.
I had already asked Sony if they could help and their response was "... if your handset has been originally locked or branded to a network operator, you will be unable to unlock the boot loader."

I shall keep an eye on eBay and get the prospective seller to check the Unlock Bootloader Allowed status before bidding.

Jan 8, 2017
Hallo Xperia User´s

... i need Help.

I will install Lineage OS on my Xperia Z4 Tablet - SGP771.

I have a Problem´s to install it.

I flashed into the First my SGP771 with Custom_DE_32.3.A.2.33 Firmware
with the Flashtool, no Problem. It run´s, no Problem. All OK.

Then i flash the TWRP-Recovery "3.1.0.0" in "fastboot mode" with the Code :

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

No Problem, all OK.

Then i pressed Power + VOL- , it boots into the TWRP-Recovery. Perfect.

Now i will flash the Lineage OS 14.1 ZIP, and now i become´s a Problem.

( I use the Version > 20170508-UNOFFICAL-Karin )

I become this Error Message > updater processended with error : 7

I have tested the samest with TWRP "3.0.3.0" , the samest Problem.

What can i do ? ... or what make i wrong ?

Please ... , help me.

kv123

Jan 26, 2015
Hallo Xperia User´s

... i need Help.

I will install Lineage OS on my Xperia Z4 Tablet - SGP771.

I have a Problem´s to install it.

No Problem, all OK.

Then i pressed Power + VOL- , it boots into the TWRP-Recovery. Perfect.

Now i will flash the Lineage OS 14.1 ZIP, and now i become´s a Problem.

( I use the Version > 20170508-UNOFFICAL-Karin )

I become this Error Message > updater processended with error : 7

I have tested the samest with TWRP "3.0.3.0" , the samest Problem.

What can i do ? ... or what make i wrong ?

Please ... , help me.

Can you try to wipe partitions before install? Do not forget do backup!!!

kv123

Jan 26, 2015
@kv123

Thanks for your helping.

How must i do it ? Under TWRP-Recovery ( Cache/Dalvik ) or with "Fastboot". Code : fastboot erase userdata

I dont have do that before.

Maybe it's a stupid idea :)
In TWRP go to wipes, chose there system, cache, dalvik and userdata, then try to install. Be ready to restore stock with FlashTool.

belrik

Nov 25, 2010
Maybe it's a stupid idea :)
In TWRP go to wipes, chose there system, cache, dalvik and userdata, then try to install. Be ready to restore stock with FlashTool.

Note, I have had to manually format the data partition coming from stock as the was no fs left on there after wiping. Your may need to select format data after the wipe.

gerzii

Jan 9, 2011
Graz

No Problem, all OK.

Then i pressed Power + VOL- and just boots into system. I tried to change Recovery (older Versions) but this also doenst work.

Waht do i wrong?

belrik

Nov 25, 2010

No Problem, all OK.

Then i pressed Power + VOL- and just boots into system. I tried to change Recovery (older Versions) but this also doenst work.

Waht do i wrong?

Press vol when led is purple during boot. Otherwise just use fastboot to boot TWRP image.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone