LineageOS bundled with microG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sudipt123

Apr 27, 2010
Hi dev, thanks for the ROM, just updated my opsrey to the latest nightly, and can't seem to find the microg app. I used the migrate zip to dirty flash the ROM. Any clues?

linux999

Nov 4, 2017
Great work! and please would be amazing if you guys can add the Xiaomi 4c " libra" that it's pretty similar to cancro actually available.

melp57

Jul 31, 2009
I installed the new version of unofficial lineage as MicroG 14.1 my question is, it's nice to be free of Google service, less drain on resources and battery.
Problem is, I guess we are so depending on Google.
For example, I was unable to use Google apps that I paid for, and lots of apps depending on use of Google drive, which doesn't work.

Maybe I don't understand, but using MicroG, can you still have exact experience if using play services. How to get Gmail etc.. I can access Gmail calendar via web. Also can't sync my Google contact.

Thanks in advance.

Mr Smile

Aug 16, 2013
Hi Simon94,

this project does exactly what I was looking for so long ... :)

Would you please add Nexus 10 - manta?
Unfortunately the official LineageOS nightlies are LOS 13.0 for this device. Is this a problem?

baerenbisch

Feb 8, 2013
This sounds very interesting. Until now i used lineageOS without the gapps and could live so. But sure, it would be much more comfortable WITH location service and so on.
RESULT: Please offer a version for BQ M5, it is lineage piccolo ..

Reactions: DaniPhii
Apr 19, 2016
Microg.me is a realy wonderful project , I use it since 2 day, but there are some things that annoy me. In particular, the fakestore must it necessarily be provided in the built ?? I have an application with the same signature, so at each ota it is replace by the fakestore that's annoying :crying: . Also one ota per day is still excessive I think, especially in the use of every day. Why not release an update at the same time as the official lineage ?

excuse if the answers to my questions are obvious, I'm a bit new on microg :p

Nieja

Nov 5, 2017
Hello, first of all great job and good luck for future endeavours.

Can you add support for Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus (a.k.a A6020a46, Lenovo Lemon 3) . Has LineageOS support.

Thanks.

Edit: Could you maybe also possibly make a noob friendly video for installing and setting the ROM up for any general phone? Could you also maybe post some screenshots on OP on different apps etc. ?

Last edited:

root

Oct 10, 2006
Please add hero2lte (Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge) to your list. herolte is already there (Samsung Galaxy s7).

I was short to avoid unnecessary reading :) but I am very grateful, that you have put this rom together. I would be more than happy to build it myself but the docker cidc guide is a bit vague, i do understand what to run but for now it only returns back some hash, I believe I am missing external binaries or something else must be configured, I would be very grateful if you could do a little more exact description of what shared folders should hold, here is a reference to my existing question within Chefs Central: https://forum.xda-developers.com/ch...cker-lineage-cicd-basic-questions-to-t3699803

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS THREAD IS OBSOLETED DUE TO THE SUCCESSOR PROJECT
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/lineageos-microg-t3700997

Hello folks,

aim of this project is to provide a mature rom for android devices bundled with the free google apps implementation microG. For now i just take the latest LineageOS, apply some required patches, add microg and build it afterwards.

I started this project, because i became frustrated, when i wanted to get my phone google free, cause there where so many constraints to fullfil, before microG fully works. - And after an rom update, the half is broken again.

Required steps to make microg work after fresh install:
    • Install a UnifiedNLP location- and address lookup backend. Search in F-Droid for 'nlp'. I recommend MozillaNlpBackend and NominatimNlpBackend.
    • Grant signature spoofing permission to 'microG Services Core' and 'FakeStore': Settings -> Apps -> ⚙ (gear) --> App permissions -> Spoof package signature -> 3 dots (tripple colon) -> Show System
    • Enable Google device registration, Enable Google Cloud Messaging, enable Google Safety Net (if not rooted)
    • Open microG Settings -> Self-Check -> Tap everything is missing. It might ask you to do some settings.

Some free app substitutions i can recommend (F-Droid):
    • Google Play Store -> YalpStore
    • Google Contact Sync -> DAVdroid
    • Facebook -> SlimSocial for Facebook
    • Twitter -> SlimSocial for Twitter
    • YouTube -> NewPipe

Homepage and Downloads:
    https://microg.me/

What is microG?
    https://microg.org/

XDA:DevDB Information
    microG.me , ROM for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    Simon94, LineageOS, MaR-V-iN
    Source Code: https://github.com/microg-kittchen/

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-09-13
    Last Updated 2017-11-06
    All the requested devices will be built from tomorrow on. Furthermore this thread is obsolete, since we migrated to a new project.

--> https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/lineageos-microg-t3700997
    Hi Simon, any news for the official MicroG Lineage ROM? Will related info be published here in this thread, or is there an own one? I'd love to test it when it gets available for the OP5!

The current rom as it is now will most likely become the offical microG rom. Todo is still to create a new webpage and most likely there will be a new thread on XDA. I'll keep you guys updated here!
    We are working on an official microg lineage based rom where you can upgrade to easily through to OTA Update mechanism, when its ready. You'll hear soon about this.
    There are some upcoming changes. From tonight on, the daily build process starts at 02 pm, CEST.

Furthermore i'm going to ship some apps to make intial setup easier:
    * F-Droid Privileged Extension
    * F-Droid
    * DroidGuard Helper (to enable passing SafetyNet)
    @Juhkimo: You can expect d855 builds from tomorrow.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone