• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LineageOS Downloader says "No LineageOS installed"

Search This thread

Ibuprophen

Sep 4, 2012
Upstate New York
Hello, I've installed LineageOS with TWPR from the official LineageOS Website.
After the install I've downloaded the LineageOS Downloader, but this said that I havent a Official LineageOS Build. Do you know why? Regards Paper
@paper88 the downloader is most probably not Oreo compatible. Why don't you use the built in updater?
kurtn is correct regarding the LineageOS Downloader app not being compatible with Oreo.

Just to let you know paper88, there's no Official App from the Lineage Developers for their Firmware. All the Apps on the Play Store regarding the LineageOS Firmware was developed by a third party (aka Unofficial).

This is because the Official LineageOS Firmware has a built-in Updater already.

Personally, I prefer to manually download and install the Firmware myself but, that's just a personal preference.

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.

Reactions: paper88

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @paper88 the downloader is most probably not Oreo compatible.
    Why don't you use the built in updater?
    Hello, I've installed LineageOS with TWPR from the official LineageOS Website.
    After the install I've downloaded the LineageOS Downloader, but this said that I havent a Official LineageOS Build. Do you know why? Regards Paper
    @paper88 the downloader is most probably not Oreo compatible. Why don't you use the built in updater?
    kurtn is correct regarding the LineageOS Downloader app not being compatible with Oreo.

Just to let you know paper88, there's no Official App from the Lineage Developers for their Firmware. All the Apps on the Play Store regarding the LineageOS Firmware was developed by a third party (aka Unofficial).

This is because the Official LineageOS Firmware has a built-in Updater already.

Personally, I prefer to manually download and install the Firmware myself but, that's just a personal preference.

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.
    Hello,

Thanks a lot for your help. Very helpful.

Regards Paper