LineageOS FAQ

Search This thread
Dear team,i am currently using 15.1 lineage os on my oneplus 2 but am not getting calls on my jio and unable to make one albeit data is working perfectly...pls help
Please see the following response I had provided to this exact same question you had posted on a total of 7 different threads...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=76259307

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.

Hellera

Jun 27, 2015
Sighet
OnePlus 6T
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Hello everyone, I installed manny times Lineage 14.1... it works fine, but when I want to update it OTA or a dirty flash, it's stop working... it stucks in boot loop. Even after wipping cache/dalvik cache, nothing, the same boot loop. I have an Oneplus One phone and TWRP recovery.
So, I'm obligated to remain to the same version, without update it. Please, can anybody help me with a solution to this problem? Please! Thank you.

Hello everyone, I installed manny times Lineage 14.1... it works fine, but when I want to update it OTA or a dirty flash, it's stop working... it stucks in boot loop. Even after wipping cache/dalvik cache, nothing, the same boot loop. I have an Oneplus One phone and TWRP recovery.
So, I'm obligated to remain to the same version, without update it. Please, can anybody help me with a solution to this problem? Please! Thank you.
I don't have this device but, your best bet is to post this question within the following Official LineageOS thread for your device.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3543489

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.

speaker_

Feb 23, 2016
I apologize if this is the wrong thread to ask this in. I am currently running 14.1 on my g4 play with no issues, i do have a list of updates to install that i have let go for a month or so, can i install the latest one or do i have to install them from earliest to newest ?
Thank you.

I apologize if this is the wrong thread to ask this in. I am currently running 14.1 on my g4 play with no issues, i do have a list of updates to install that i have let go for a month or so, can i install the latest one or do i have to install them from earliest to newest ?
Thank you.
Are you referring to the appropriate order in which you would need to install/update the LineageOS Firmware?

If so, then there's none...

Updating/Flashing the latest version of LineageOS 14.1 over the one installed is called Dirty Flashing. Don't think of the use of the term "Dirty" as a bad thing. The term "Dirty Flashing" is only used as a reference regarding the way the Firmware was/is updated. There's nothing wrong with doing this.

Think of the newest release of LineageOS as being "backwards compatible"...

This means that the releases between the one you currently have installed and the current one that's released has the updates in series.

Simply put... The current release has all the updates, patches, etc... that are included in the ones between the current one installed and the current one released so you CAN flash the current one WITHOUT worrying about anything missed by the other releases in between.

I hope that I had explained this okay via text... :)

This is not to state that, if you dirty flash the latest release, you will also need to re-flash a few other items ONLY if you have them installed as well. I'm just stating that if you currently have SuperSU and/or the XPosed Framework installed, you may need to add them to the flash order as well.

1) LineageOS Firmware.
2) SuperSU (only if currently installed).
3) XPosed Framework (only if currently installed).

You shouldn't need to flash the GApps again because, if you already have it, the updated LineageOS will not affect the GApps already installed.

If you require any further assistance or additional member guidance, your best bet is to post your question within the following Official LineageOS thread for your device.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3544646

I do wish you the best of luck! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reactions: speaker_

Donny Bahama

Jun 22, 2008
Suggestion for the FAQ- State the advantages and disadvantages of Lineage gearing the answer toward someone who has zero experience with/knowledge of Cyanogen, etc. (Give a total noob user all the reasons why s/he would/wouldn't want to install Lineage)

micaov

Jun 23, 2018
Good morning team, I am using lineage 15.1 in my One Plus One and try to find the option Quickboot so that with the phone off I sound the alarm and can not find it. Is there this option?

Enviado desde mi A0001 mediante Tapatalk

Good morning team, I am using lineage 15.1 in my One Plus One...
I don't have this device but, your best bet is to post this question within the following Official LineageOS thread that's specific to your device. It does cover the 15.1 even though it states 14.1 on the title because the OP Developer hasn't changed the title.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3543489

You may also be able to obtain some member guidance within the following thread that's specific to your device as well.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3805679

If all else fails, and you don't receive any responses, you can always try to obtain some member guidance within the following Q&A thread that's specific to your device.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2731638

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

D4ND310

I don't have this device but I'll bet my best bet would probably be to follow the link posted above, that would be specific to my device, if I did.

If only somebody would repeatedly and continually post an identical reply to every single question thread posted on XDA with such advice we'd all be much, much happier. I have a headache.

Good luck!

Reactions: The Fer-Shiz-Nizzle

Salvodif

Aug 20, 2018
LG G4 H815 img

Is it not still provided any img for a LG G4 H815?
I think that no everybody wants install linux and build a img.
Suggestions?

Is it not still provided any img for a LG G4 H815?
I think that no everybody wants install linux and build a img. Suggestions?
If your asking why there's no Official LineageOS released for your device yet...

The only thing that I can guide you to is the following Official Lineage Link that reflects a way to either Contribute and where to ask for support.

https://www.lineageos.org/community/

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my SM-G900V device.

Michael24884

Dec 23, 2016
Riverdale
greetings all, I've been trying to repo sync. Lineage 15 but terminal is giving me the error : repo sync error at 100% despite using the --force-sync and the -f commands , can anyone help me out here?

greetings all, I've been trying to repo sync. Lineage 15 but terminal is giving me the error : repo sync error at 100% despite using the --force-sync and the -f commands , can anyone help me out here?
I've never built a ROM personally but, you should be able to locate or obtain some member guidance for what you need on one of the following threads that's specific to your question.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2195858

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1801690

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2320007

This should give you a good start...

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my SM-G900V device.

Baronmic

Jul 6, 2020
Any info or help appreciated.

I installed lineage 17 on my sm310f 2016 and I'm having difficulties receiving calls. I can call my phone off another phone and its just a dead tone.
Anybody know what could be causing this? I'm on the latest update of lineage now that came out in September. But issue still there.
Otherwise its great. Very happy with the fabulous work you've put into it.

ahmed.111

Dec 25, 2020
Hello guys
I have a problem and I want a solution for you, please
I have Lineage OS 15.1 on my Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G531H
And I want to take a screenshot in my phone, but a message appeared to me rejecting and its content is (could not take a screenshot) and in the same message the following appears in a small font (taking a screenshot is not allowed by the app or the organization)

ishant010301

Oct 24, 2021
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but i installed lineage OS 14.1 in my Samsung galaxy tab a (SM-T285) and I was in love with the OS, but soon realized that a bug was giving me problems. The bug was that many of the apps seem to have connection issues. Whenever I try to check for updates it gives me a prompt that there is not internet connection but my internet is accessible via the web browser and the aurora store.

mizzike32

Nov 13, 2012
Can someone tell me if google’s monthly PLAY system updates are finding their way into maintainers patches for their respective lineage OS builds? Sorry if I’m being a major PITA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS FAQ

Why did Cyanogenmod end?
    This statement from the CyanogenMod team explains where the company is headed from here. As far as why they has to discontinue Cyanogenmod:
    The company is downsizing and will focus on a new project (the “Cyanogen Modular OS” program), and they are merely cutting off services that they believe they can no longer maintain. As a part of their consolidation, the company announced that many of their employees, including Cyanogen (Steve Kondik) himself, would part ways with the company.
    -Mishaal Rahman

What about nightlies?
    As of 12.13.16 all cyanogen nightlies will no longer be supported.
    As part of the ongoing consolidation of Cyanogen, all services and Cyanogen-supported nightly builds will be discontinued no later than 12/31/16. The open source project and source code will remain available for anyone who wants to build CyanogenMod personally.

What is LineageOS?
    LineageOS is the successor to the popular CyanogenMod ROM. With an emphasis on openness, community development, and improvement of the stock Android experience, CyanogenMod supported dozens of devices officially with nightly updates, and unofficially, by the efforts of developers in the community, dozens more devices. LineageOS intends to pick up where CyanogenMod left off, but with a redoubled focus on being a grassroots community-focused development effort.

Where can I find LineageOS Builds?
    We have not started doing official builds yet. One of the benefits of this being an open source project is that anyone can build it, but please be careful flashing builds you’ve downloaded from other sources. We will have some more information on when weeklies (or possibly nightlies) will be starting soon.
    When builds of LineageOS start to show up, you can expect them to pick up right where Cyanogenmod left off and be nearly identical to the latest CM builds.

How can I participate?
    LineageOS is looking for people to build slaves and build mirrors. If you have hosting resources that meet these requirements, then you can contact them here.

I will be updating this FAQ as more information comes out about LineageOS.
    So this may sound terrible dumb but I didn't find a clear answer around here, is Lineage based on 7.0?
    There is one based on 6.0.1 and one based on 7.1.1
    Will Trebuchet be updated to nougat style??
    hey guys! lg g2 d800, d801, d802, d803;
    where lg g2 LS980 ?? thx

Please read the rules:
    This forum is NOT a forum for your to request Lineage for your device! It's a forum for the discussion of development of LineageOS. These thread I'm already seeing pop up about people asking for Lineage posts are ridiculous. This isn't a place to come and ask for people to port ROMs to your device, so please don't treat it as such. Thank you.

Start by finding the forum for your device.
    I don't have this device but I'll bet my best bet would probably be to follow the link posted above, that would be specific to my device, if I did.

If only somebody would repeatedly and continually post an identical reply to every single question thread posted on XDA with such advice we'd all be much, much happier. I have a headache.

Good luck!