• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Lineageos for Gigaset GS290

Search This thread

McT73

May 29, 2020
Hi all,

I tried to find anything in regards of using lineageos with the Gigaset GS290, but unfortunately I was not able to find any note.
Do anybody knows if there is a possibility to install lineageOS on that device?
btw. I used also the google search but there was also no result.

Many thanks in advance for any hint.

BR
Martin

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria

leaglavud

Aug 16, 2017
Planet earth
/e/OS has been ported to the GS290 by /e/ and Gigaset, they just announced it:

They also sell it as /e/-GS290, already flashed: https://esolutions.shop/shop/e-os-gs290/

Reactions: kurtn

iodemos

Feb 20, 2021
https://build.lolinet.com/file/lineage/GS290/

I decided to add some info:
- It automagically installs the latest Firmware.
- This has working VoLTE and stuff.
- This is an clean device tree (the /e/ one is hacked together based on Volla's Ubuntu Touch device tree)
- This has been developed by the a bit famous Erfan Abdi (erfanoabdi).
@nift4, I'm very impressed with your ROM lineage-17.1-20210318-EXPERIMENTAL-GS290. At first glance, it runs like clockwork. I can't tell you the details yet. Please continue. I would be happy to donate a coffee or more...

Reactions: erfanoabdi

areshinakya

Jun 7, 2011
@erfanoabdi

I flashed the latest 17.1 rom but without flashing the firmware (mine was newer, had the february 2021 update installed before switching to your rom). Now the compass does not work, would it work if I would downgrade the firmware to what is included in the zip?

Second problem:

Recovery reboots when inserting an USB cable and connecting it to a linux pc. Had to flash though /e/ recovery then switch to the lineage recovery and refrain from inserting the USB cable.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

FlashedMeself

Jun 16, 2021
My Gs290 works now with the latest 18.1 rom. really happy this is made possible! thanks sir. Erfanoabdi ! i'll buy you a coffee too!

i did notice outgoing calls are not possible no sound and hang up after 8 seconds , receiver has no sound neither.
incomming calls work fine . putting phone on speaker does not work , still on earspeaker.
i did mannage to ring a person on 3G but no ringing and no sound afterwards.
strangely a helpdeskline of a company (fixed line ) did work

don't know if i would need to flash to 17.1 rom to have calling fully possible???

Last edited:

FlashedMeself

Jun 16, 2021
@erfanoabdi

I flashed the latest 17.1 rom but without flashing the firmware (mine was newer, had the february 2021 update installed before switching to your rom). Now the compass does not work, would it work if I would downgrade the firmware to what is included in the zip?

Second problem:

Recovery reboots when inserting an USB cable and connecting it to a linux pc. Had to flash though /e/ recovery then switch to the lineage recovery and refrain from inserting the USB cable.

Any ideas?
I did need twrp gs290 recovery for succesful completion , other wise it looped in to "smartphone in orange state. and when connecting the smartphone in fastboot to the pc it would reboot in orange state....
also need the right driver for the gigaset GS920 chip https://www.getdroidtips.com/install-mediatek-mt65xx-usb-vcom-drivers/
(don't know if it's trustworthy) and update it with driver booster 8 (easy :) )
(In win10 you need to restart in advanced startupsettings and push "7" disable drive signing enforcement before doing so)
Or update "android device " in device manager with the driver.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts