• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LineageOS for microG

Search This thread

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Hello, some years ago I have used Lineage with Microg on my HLTE and I miss is semplicity. Now I have a Whyred. Some years ago this rom is nearly nightly, now I see the last build is made the 4 february in the official site.
Sorry to point this but I am using the xda app and there is no the "search" function
What is the point to have "nearly nightly" ? I don't install custom ROMs that need such urgent bug fixes. An update after a month or two should be OK to get upstream security patches.

heinhuiz

Nov 26, 2011
Think about it some more.
Yes well, that answer was to be expected from anyone that does not have an argument for himself. But this is not the place to discuss that. I'm even sorry I brought it up, I was just wondering. If you feel any urgency to explain why I should trust a Japanese/Korean company over an American one to benefit from collecting all my private details and communications, please do so by PM, but it might be wise for you yourself to think about it some more.

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
Yes well, that answer was to be expected from anyone that does not have an argument for himself. But this is not the place to discuss that. I'm even sorry I brought it up, I was just wondering. If you feel any urgency to explain why I should trust a Japanese/Korean company over an American one to benefit from collecting all my private details and communications, please do so by PM, but it might be wise for you yourself to think about it some more.
That is not the only reason for such an answer, and you know it.

Anyway, I have business reasons for needing to use LINE. Some colleagues and clients are in Japan and they insist on using that message platform.

Also, I want to minimize my use of Google, but not because of data privacy concerns. They make things more and more complicated with their SafetyNet and other features as time goes on, and I find myself fighting with the OS more and more. I started with Donut years ago, when Android was a pleasure to work with. Now, I'm at Q, and it's getting more and more complicated to root my device because of Android's ever-expanding security model. It's almost as onerous as that of iOS these days. I'm just trying to get Google out of my life as much as possible, and moving away from gapps is a small but meaningful step in that direction.

LINE is a necessary evil for me, given my business. If my arrangements with those Japanese people ever end, LINE will go by the wayside also.

And now, I will ask *you* why you feel it is so important to you to jump to premature conclusions about other people's motives, and to then challenge those people on the basis of your projections.

heinhuiz

Nov 26, 2011
And now, I will ask *you* why you feel it is so important to you to jump to premature conclusions about other people's motives, and to then challenge those people on the basis of your projections.
  1. I asked *you^ to react by PM. Don't know why you did not, but I'll answer publicly and off-topic again.
  2. I did not jump to conclusions until you challenged me to. At first, I was just wondering.
  3. Meanwhile, I appreciate your arguments. You could have explained earlier.
  4. Cheers.

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
  1. I asked *you^ to react by PM. Don't know why you did not, but I'll answer publicly and off-topic again.
  2. I did not jump to conclusions until you challenged me to. At first, I was just wondering.
  3. Meanwhile, I appreciate your arguments. You could have explained earlier.
  4. Anyway, if you are using different profiles and/or multiple mobiles for your private and business needs, you are right on track.
  5. Cheers.
I'm glad that we have gotten closer to a place of mutual understanding.
Thank you, and cheers as well.

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
Back on topic: I found that I can get "LINE Lite" to work fine under LOS 17.1 microG, and the full-blown "LINE Messenger" hangs at the startup screen under LOS 17.1 microG . LINE Lite and LINE Messenger also show corresponding behavior under the latest e-foundation ROM for my device.

LINE Messenger works fine under non-microG LOS, and therefore, I believe that this is an issue with the full-blown LINE not functioning properly in the absence of gapps.

Given my LINE Web workaround and the fact that I can use LINE Lite under microG, my particular problem is solved ... although for my own edification, I will continue investigate the behavior of the full version of LINE in a microG environment.

j_17

Feb 24, 2021
Anyone successfully get [LineageOS for microG] to work on an Essential Phone?

Having troubles...
First, I got regular LineageOS 17 flashed but later learned microG won't work so I am trying to flash LineageOS for microG (lineage-17.1-20210203-microG-mata.zip) but getting error 21 sig ver failure. Only instructions included for sig ver were for prev builds.

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Anyone successfully get [LineageOS for microG] to work on an Essential Phone?

Having troubles...
First, I got regular LineageOS 17 flashed but later learned microG won't work so I am trying to flash LineageOS for microG (lineage-17.1-20210203-microG-mata.zip) but getting error 21 sig ver failure. Only instructions included for sig ver were for prev builds.
Did you read lineage.microg.org ? There is a link to

j_17

Feb 24, 2021

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Yes. After I wiped my phone I tried to sideload the migration file first as the directions said to do that before sideloading the zip for the ROM. That's when I ran into the sig ver failure error 21 issue.
The migration zip is for not wiping. What did you wipe? Was your previous installation encrypted?

Oops, a/b device. Maybe you should follow the fresh installation guide. From lineageOS wiki.lineageos.org. you can use lineage4microG recovery.

Last edited:

Demax55

Jan 17, 2017
Was anyone able to pass Safety Net with lineageos for microG 16.0?

I'm asking because I have an asus zenfone max pro m1 with the latest 16.0 lineageos for microG, but safety net fails attestation even with a certified fingerprint ( changed with magiskhide props config) and safety net universal fix. Maybe I can't pass it because of the ROM?

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Was anyone able to pass Safety Net with lineageos for microG 16.0?

I'm asking because I have an asus zenfone max pro m1 with the latest 16.0 lineageos for microG, but safety net fails attestation even with a certified fingerprint ( changed with magiskhide props config) and safety net universal fix. Maybe I can't pass it because of the ROM?
SafetyNet feature of microG is broken a few years now.

MartiniMoe

Nov 8, 2010
So, is there anything one can do to help getting the ROMs to build again?
I have some experience in building LOS, so maybe, if I knew what the problem is, I could help?

May 22, 2020
Does anyone know what is going on with the builds?
All devices included, last one was from 5/02.
So, is there anything one can do to help getting the ROMs to build again?
I have some experience in building LOS, so maybe, if I knew what the problem is, I could help?

I just received a fresh OTA update on my Polaris (dated March 5), although it is not yet available on the download page.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android experience relies heavily on Google's Play Services. The microG project creates an alternative to installing Gapps, which install and execute closed-source blobs on our phones. MicroG however requires a patch called "signature spoofing", which allows microG's apps to spoof themselves as Google Apps. LineageOS currently does not include the patch due to different opinions among the developers. (further information can be found here)

This makes microG installation difficult on LineageOS and other ROMs. Our ROM is a fork of LineageOS with just the necessary changes to have microG built-in. We ship weekly builds for all the LineageOS supported devices..

You can find us on https://lineage.microg.org

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS for microG, ROM for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    Simon94, ncorna, n1zzo, LineageOS, MaR-V-iN
    Source Code: https://github.com/lineageos4microg

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-11-06
    Last Updated 2020-08-28
    Just to give a small heads up. As you may noticed some of the project members the priorities have shifted to other projects.

I was and am still willing to take over some of the tasks, but as microG lacked some bugfixes and support for LineageOS 17.1 i was not sure whether its worth it to spend more time into LineageOS for microG. Once marvin released the new microG update, we still had to check with our team, how we'll proceed.

For now i've taken over the responsibility of the Android Build process, merged some of the fixes and integrated LineageOS 17.1 support. New builds are on their way, both LineageOS 16 and 17.1 based.

Best
    Simon
    Hey guys. You are right with your findings. We were testing yesterday LineageOS 15.1. But we rolled it back. Now we have almost everything ready for Lineage 15.1 - In fact there is one minor change outstanding before we're going to release. After release we'll start building the complete LineageOS weekly build roster again.
    Current device list which will be built tomorrow:
    Code:
    a6020,angler,armani,athene,bacon,bullhead,cancro,capricorn,cheeseburger,clark,condor,crackling,d855,
    deb,dragon,falcon,flo,flounder,gemini,h815,h850,hammerhead,harpia,herolte,here2lte,hlte,i9100,
    i9300,jfltexx,kenzo,klte,libra,lux,m8,mako,mido,oneplus2,oneplus3,onyx,osprey,otus,paella,pme,
    serranoltexx,shamu,thea,titan,victara,wt88047,yuga,Z00L
    today i got my weekly(?) update with november security patches via ota notification.
    thanks for that!

Yes they are rolling out new builds again :) Thank you everyone who is contributing to this :good:

Oops. They only build Oreo right now.

We have decided to build every device weekly (like before), as we don't have the capacity to build for ~75 devices daily and nightlies are quite useless to the end users. We will build for all the ~200 devices, ~30 devices per day, from top to bottom of the usual hudson devices list (which means that 15.1 builds will appear in the first part of the week and 14.1 in the second one).

As usual, new devices will be automatically added to the build list, no need to ask for them, just wait some days.