LineageOS for microG

Search This thread

MartiniMoe

Nov 8, 2010
So, is there anything one can do to help getting the ROMs to build again?
I have some experience in building LOS, so maybe, if I knew what the problem is, I could help?

May 22, 2020
Does anyone know what is going on with the builds?
All devices included, last one was from 5/02.
So, is there anything one can do to help getting the ROMs to build again?
I have some experience in building LOS, so maybe, if I knew what the problem is, I could help?

I just received a fresh OTA update on my Polaris (dated March 5), although it is not yet available on the download page.

Last edited:

SaboraPie

Nov 20, 2015
Is the lineage + microG projet abandon or something?? it takes a long time without any update.

And build it by yourself is very difficult?? to keep keeping it updated. I am on lineage 17.1 version. Thanks!

Reactions: Mek101
May 22, 2020
Is the lineage + microG projet abandon or something?? it takes a long time without any update.
Just look through the last couple of pages of this thread and you'll get some sort of answer. I don't think a few months of delay can be a symptom of abandonment, since this is not the first time for this project.
Alternatively, you can try other ROMs with MicroG built-in on your Poco F1: OmniRom and eOS.

MartiniMoe

Nov 8, 2010
One could also use stock LineageOS and install signature spoofing, microg and f-droid via NanoDroid.

Communication and transparency with this ROM is really bad. Nobody knows how, where or when the build system runs. There is zero communication when builds happen or why they dont happen. Also issues and pull requests dont get any treatment... I'm kinda disappointed and thinking of switching to the mentioned alternative.

Reactions: voxit

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Last edited:

jay-cp

Aug 4, 2016
Hello,
I have a Moto G6+ (evert) and installed the Lineage for MicroG update from March 27, which seems to have an issue:

• In previous versions, I could just touch the fingerprint reader and it would wake and unlock up the device. In this version, it vibrates, but does not wake up. If I use the power button first to turn on the display, then touching the fingerprint sensor does unlock the screen.
  • Also, in previous versions, while doing a phone call, I could turn the phone and use the keyboard. With this version, I cannot use the keyboard or do anything at all during a phone call. Not even reboot (nothing works), until the call is over.
I'm not sure where to report this.

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Hello,
I have a Moto G6+ (evert) and installed the Lineage for MicroG update from March 27, which seems to have an issue:

• In previous versions, I could just touch the fingerprint reader and it would wake and unlock up the device. In this version, it vibrates, but does not wake up. If I use the power button first to turn on the display, then touching the fingerprint sensor does unlock the screen.
  • Also, in previous versions, while doing a phone call, I could turn the phone and use the keyboard. With this version, I cannot use the keyboard or do anything at all during a phone call. Not even reboot (nothing works), until the call is over.
I'm not sure where to report this.
Does not sound like a microG related issue. If you don't find a report in official lineageOS bug tracker, you should try to install official lineageOS. Sadly that process involves clean flashing.

jay-cp

Aug 4, 2016
Does not sound like a microG related issue. If you don't find a report in official lineageOS bug tracker, you should try to install official lineageOS. Sadly that process involves clean flashing.
I suppose downgrading to the previous working version would likely break things, right?

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210401-054251_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210401-054251_Settings.png
    119.8 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: ioctl0

aldonogueira

Apr 1, 2021
Hi, people

The latest OTA update of lineage+microg (17.1-20210328) for Moto G4 Play (harpia) completely broke sound. No sound is reproduced either through the speakers or using a headphone. Some applications like com.arnaud.metronome crash and others like spotify say they can't reproduce sound. I tried to revert to the previous build, but then I couldn't even unlock the phone because something crashed

Please remove this update from the site until the problem is solved

In the mean time I'm trying to report this bug properly

Reactions: kurtn

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    spotted the update today, thank you!

keep up the great work, love this ROM
    Have a look at my menu (French) under 17.1 with microg. Can you double confirm that "fastboot flash recovery <recovery_filename>.img" with microg version won't screw up and cancel my data when on the top of regular Lineage recovery? :)
    Thanks,
    Confirmed confirmed
    Work
    Hello!

@Simon94, please enable builds for these newly added to upstream devices:

Work in progress
    Hi, people

The latest OTA update of lineage+microg (17.1-20210328) for Moto G4 Play (harpia) completely broke sound. No sound is reproduced either through the speakers or using a headphone. Some applications like com.arnaud.metronome crash and others like spotify say they can't reproduce sound. I tried to revert to the previous build, but then I couldn't even unlock the phone because something crashed

Please remove this update from the site until the problem is solved

In the mean time I'm trying to report this bug properly
    Will an upgrade from 17.1 to 18.1 work on a phone (cheeseburger) where encryption is to be unlocked via PIN?
    I'm asking because of what I read in this thread:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...neplus-5-5t-unofficial-official-soon.4192655/ "That's android 11 problem, A11 doesn't let recoveries decrypt with pin. Only patterns work."
    That's why wiki.lineageos.org recommends side loading and lineage recovery. No need to decrypt.
    Android experience relies heavily on Google's Play Services. The microG project creates an alternative to installing Gapps, which install and execute closed-source blobs on our phones. MicroG however requires a patch called "signature spoofing", which allows microG's apps to spoof themselves as Google Apps. LineageOS currently does not include the patch due to different opinions among the developers. (further information can be found here)

This makes microG installation difficult on LineageOS and other ROMs. Our ROM is a fork of LineageOS with just the necessary changes to have microG built-in. We ship weekly builds for all the LineageOS supported devices..

You can find us on https://lineage.microg.org

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS for microG, ROM for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    Simon94, ncorna, n1zzo, LineageOS, MaR-V-iN
    Source Code: https://github.com/lineageos4microg

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-11-06
    Last Updated 2020-08-28
    Just to give a small heads up. As you may noticed some of the project members the priorities have shifted to other projects.

I was and am still willing to take over some of the tasks, but as microG lacked some bugfixes and support for LineageOS 17.1 i was not sure whether its worth it to spend more time into LineageOS for microG. Once marvin released the new microG update, we still had to check with our team, how we'll proceed.

For now i've taken over the responsibility of the Android Build process, merged some of the fixes and integrated LineageOS 17.1 support. New builds are on their way, both LineageOS 16 and 17.1 based.

Best
    Simon
    Hey guys. You are right with your findings. We were testing yesterday LineageOS 15.1. But we rolled it back. Now we have almost everything ready for Lineage 15.1 - In fact there is one minor change outstanding before we're going to release. After release we'll start building the complete LineageOS weekly build roster again.
    Current device list which will be built tomorrow:
    Code:
    a6020,angler,armani,athene,bacon,bullhead,cancro,capricorn,cheeseburger,clark,condor,crackling,d855,
    deb,dragon,falcon,flo,flounder,gemini,h815,h850,hammerhead,harpia,herolte,here2lte,hlte,i9100,
    i9300,jfltexx,kenzo,klte,libra,lux,m8,mako,mido,oneplus2,oneplus3,onyx,osprey,otus,paella,pme,
    serranoltexx,shamu,thea,titan,victara,wt88047,yuga,Z00L
    today i got my weekly(?) update with november security patches via ota notification.
    thanks for that!

Yes they are rolling out new builds again :) Thank you everyone who is contributing to this :good:

Oops. They only build Oreo right now.

We have decided to build every device weekly (like before), as we don't have the capacity to build for ~75 devices daily and nightlies are quite useless to the end users. We will build for all the ~200 devices, ~30 devices per day, from top to bottom of the usual hudson devices list (which means that 15.1 builds will appear in the first part of the week and 14.1 in the second one).

As usual, new devices will be automatically added to the build list, no need to ask for them, just wait some days.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone