• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LineageOS for microG

Search This thread

s80_gad

Jan 31, 2019
I got to read about treble, clearly the fact that I can install it without any Google apps is promising. However in order to complete the process I need TWRP which is not available for UMIDIGI Bison PRO. Is there a way to flash the system with SP flash tool as it is with the stock rom?

So I have unlocked the bootloader, flashed patched boot (magisk), got root but then I though all those restarts are due to the unlocking (clearly they aren't). So yeah is there any way to flash it with SP flash as all the custom roms even require TWRP to wipe out Dalvik cache and system partiitions

Keule-Tm

Oct 3, 2016
Berlin
Samsung Galaxy S10
I got to read about treble, clearly the fact that I can install it without any Google apps is promising. However in order to complete the process I need TWRP which is not available for UMIDIGI Bison PRO. Is there a way to flash the system with SP flash tool as it is with the stock rom?

So I have unlocked the bootloader, flashed patched boot (magisk), got root but then I though all those restarts are due to the unlocking (clearly they aren't). So yeah is there any way to flash it with SP flash as all the custom roms even require TWRP to wipe out Dalvik cache and system partiitions
By googling less than a minute, somehow magically a link popped up, which seems to answer most of what you were asking for: https://www.getdroidtips.com/root-umidigi-bison-pro/
To wipe cache and/or system you could try the following commands:
fastboot erase cache and/or
fastboot erase system

s80_gad

Jan 31, 2019
By googling less than a minute, somehow magically a link popped up, which seems to answer most of what you were asking for: https://www.getdroidtips.com/root-umidigi-bison-pro/
To wipe cache and/or system you could try the following commands:
fastboot erase cache and/or
fastboot erase system
Thanks Keule-Tm for your post. I feel like many people rush to answer without reading the full post properly the first time (with all my respect). I have already rooted the phone and flashed the patched boot.img with sp flash - so no issues here! Then locked it back again to try if it is ok if I fully reset it couple of times but no change

While the commands to wipe cache and/or system appear to be the ones I might be looking for the more important is how to flash the alternative system.img - whether that will be lineage, android GSI or DotOs etc, because my phone has super.img which contains other partitions incl the system. img - see the attached image.

So do I just flash for example system-roar-arm64-ab-vanilla.img.xz (of course unpacked first) directly over the super.img or not?
Then the more important question is if something goes wrong, will the phone work with simply flashing the stock super.img in the same area?..

P.S. I read a little bit about super.img and other things here - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...r-img-and-flashing-our-modifications.4196625/ which is super useful, but I still don't have the skills to add/modify the super.img.

I know those posts are long posts but and appreciate if you read them in full.

Attachments

• lock2 - Copy.PNG
    lock2 - Copy.PNG
    163.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Keule-Tm

Oct 3, 2016
Berlin
Samsung Galaxy S10
Thanks Keule-Tm for your post. I feel like many people rush to answer without reading the full post properly the first time (with all my respect). I have already rooted the phone and flashed the patched boot.img with sp flash - so no issues here! Then locked it back again to try if it is ok if I fully reset it couple of times but no change

While the commands to wipe cache and/or system appear to be the ones I might be looking for the more important is how to flash the alternative system.img - whether that will be lineage, android GSI or DotOs etc, because my phone has super.img which contains other partitions incl the system. img - see the attached image.

So do I just flash for example system-roar-arm64-ab-vanilla.img.xz (of course unpacked first) directly over the super.img or not?
Then the more important question is if something goes wrong, will the phone work with simply flashing the stock super.img in the same area?..

P.S. I read a little bit about super.img and other things here - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...r-img-and-flashing-our-modifications.4196625/ which is super useful, but I still don't have the skills to add/modify the super.img.

I know those posts are long posts but and appreciate if you read them in full.
Well, maybe you should ask in the respective threads. Threads on your specific device (or, if you can't find one, on the brand or the processor), this super img thread you linked yourself, the thread on the specific GSI you want to flash...

This thread is not on a GSI, but on a full ROM.

s80_gad

Jan 31, 2019
Hi,
I have read I'd say all of the info on https://lineage.microg.org/ and struggling to find more information if I can install that OS on my Umidigi Bison Pro. I really want to give it a go and I'll appreciate if someone can advise me how I can get it installed on the above phone. I have tried to navigate through the list of devices/downloads on https://download.lineageos.org/ but clearly my device is not listed and not sure if any of those can be used for the Umidigi Bison Pro. There are various tutorials on how to create a custom ROM but once I get to the device specific information I am not sure what exactly needs to be added since there is nothing specific for my device in the repository.

Clearly I haven't created a ROM so far but I am willing to try that and volunteer to the point where I can indeed help. I am comfortable flashing ROMS, have done that and rooted plenty of devices if that might be of any help.

My current issue with the Umidigi's Bison Pro stock ROM is that the phone constantly restarts without any specific/obvious reason it might be during phone call or while browsing etc. I have managed to limit those restarts by force stopping and disabling google specific apps and services but still I think there are left overs which are trying to do something in the background. I'd accept any advice or information that can help me understand and build that from scratch - I am not expecting someone to devote their time to specifically create that ROM

Thanks in advance

Well, maybe you should ask in the respective threads. Threads on your specific device (or, if you can't find one, on the brand or the processor), this super img thread you linked yourself, the thread on the specific GSI you want to flash...

This thread is not on a GSI, but on a full ROM.

Thanks again for your reply. If you check my original post on page 115 I think it will make more sense to you. I am interested in that specific ROM but still haven't received any specific replies on what I can do in order to create that (I am aware that ROM is not available for my device yet). Instead I have been forwarded to the GSI/Treble project which is interesting read, and I got 2 replies from you which with all my respect are not on the spot. Thanks anyway. I hope someone who is part of the project can provide some guidance

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Thanks again for your reply. If you check my original post on page 115 I think it will make more sense to you. I am interested in that specific ROM but still haven't received any specific replies on what I can do in order to create that (I am aware that ROM is not available for my device yet). Instead I have been forwarded to the GSI/Treble project which is interesting read, and I got 2 replies from you which with all my respect are not on the spot. Thanks anyway. I hope someone who is part of the project can provide some guidance
So you really want to build lineageOS for umidigi a 30 pro MediaTek M6739? Step 1 find an aosp based rom for that processsor.

hne61

Dec 16, 2021
First: thank you for this project :)
It possible to rebuild "tissot" to the latest LOS18 version? The first versions of LOS18 for it were partially broken.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let's just say it's log4j. Most people will nod wisely and patiently wait.
    Is lineage.micorg.org on Christmas break? Can't reach it since yesterday.
    Yes. They are working on it.
    OK good. Thanks for your quick response.
    It is now available again
    Android experience relies heavily on Google's Play Services. The microG project creates an alternative to installing Gapps, which install and execute closed-source blobs on our phones. MicroG however requires a patch called "signature spoofing", which allows microG's apps to spoof themselves as Google Apps. LineageOS currently does not include the patch due to different opinions among the developers. (further information can be found here)

This makes microG installation difficult on LineageOS and other ROMs. Our ROM is a fork of LineageOS with just the necessary changes to have microG built-in. We ship weekly builds for all the LineageOS supported devices..

You can find us on https://lineage.microg.org

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS for microG, ROM for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    Simon94, ncorna, n1zzo, LineageOS, MaR-V-iN
    Source Code: https://github.com/lineageos4microg

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-11-06
    Last Updated 2020-08-28
    Just to give a small heads up. As you may noticed some of the project members the priorities have shifted to other projects.

I was and am still willing to take over some of the tasks, but as microG lacked some bugfixes and support for LineageOS 17.1 i was not sure whether its worth it to spend more time into LineageOS for microG. Once marvin released the new microG update, we still had to check with our team, how we'll proceed.

For now i've taken over the responsibility of the Android Build process, merged some of the fixes and integrated LineageOS 17.1 support. New builds are on their way, both LineageOS 16 and 17.1 based.

Best
    Simon
    Hey guys. You are right with your findings. We were testing yesterday LineageOS 15.1. But we rolled it back. Now we have almost everything ready for Lineage 15.1 - In fact there is one minor change outstanding before we're going to release. After release we'll start building the complete LineageOS weekly build roster again.
    Current device list which will be built tomorrow:
    Code:
    a6020,angler,armani,athene,bacon,bullhead,cancro,capricorn,cheeseburger,clark,condor,crackling,d855,
    deb,dragon,falcon,flo,flounder,gemini,h815,h850,hammerhead,harpia,herolte,here2lte,hlte,i9100,
    i9300,jfltexx,kenzo,klte,libra,lux,m8,mako,mido,oneplus2,oneplus3,onyx,osprey,otus,paella,pme,
    serranoltexx,shamu,thea,titan,victara,wt88047,yuga,Z00L
    today i got my weekly(?) update with november security patches via ota notification.
    thanks for that!

Yes they are rolling out new builds again :) Thank you everyone who is contributing to this :good:

Oops. They only build Oreo right now.

We have decided to build every device weekly (like before), as we don't have the capacity to build for ~75 devices daily and nightlies are quite useless to the end users. We will build for all the ~200 devices, ~30 devices per day, from top to bottom of the usual hudson devices list (which means that 15.1 builds will appear in the first part of the week and 14.1 in the second one).

As usual, new devices will be automatically added to the build list, no need to ask for them, just wait some days.