LineageOS for microG

Search This thread

Haxprox

Jan 14, 2020
Hello,
Does someone have a headphone and in particular jack 3.5 problems with? After the latest OTA update, I've got it.
Nothing happens when I plug the headphone device into the jack 3.5. The sound goes through speaker without detecting any event from the OS.
Is it some regression or something?

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Hello,
Does someone have a headphone and in particular jack 3.5 problems with? After the latest OTA update, I've got it.
Nothing happens when I plug the headphone device into the jack 3.5. The sound goes through speaker without detecting any event from the OS.
Is it some regression or something?
Most probably this is dust in your jack. Take a thin wooden stick and scratch it out.

kos25k

Nov 15, 2012
Hello.Is whyred still in development list? I just want to know to wait for new build to flash,or move..

CurlyTemple

Jan 26, 2022
Panicking because my new OnePlus 8 (aka instantnoodle) is stuck on boot animation for over 3 hours now and the power button isn't turning it off. Power + volume down to get to recovery mode is also not working. When I connect to my PC via ADB, the computer can't find the device.

It's a brand new phone with OOS11 and latest updates. I had installed TWRP and performed a successful backup. After installing the latest .zip file from the here via sideloading in TWRP recovery, per these instructions, the very first reboot brings me to the LOS logo boot animation.

Yes, I copied the partitions. I did not root after installing TWRP, but I did backup to my PC, so I have a backup file to go back to OOS11.

Please help me, I cannot have bricked this thing I just bought.

Last edited:

CurlyTemple

Jan 26, 2022
It's a brand new phone with OOS11 and latest updates. I had installed TWRP and performed a successful backup. After installing the latest .zip file from the here via sideloading in TWRP recovery, per these instructions, the very first reboot brings me to the LOS logo boot animation.

Yes, I copied the partitions. I did not root after installing TWRP, but I did backup to my PC, so I have a backup file to go back to OOS11.
Update: was able to press all buttons at once to get into Fastboot, then flash TWRP recovery from there. It appeared that my storage was totally full, so I wiped and reformatted both slots.

Now I have a really messed up situation with OOS11 going into a boot loop when I reboot SlotA from TWRP, and Lineage for MicroG starting up alright when I reboot SlotB (altho Wifi doesn't work). Luckily TWRP is recovery app for both slots.

Will I mess things up further if I go to SlotB, sideload the L4MG .zip file again to get it onto SlotA? What I had done was make a backup on SlotB, then restore it to SlotB. I thought that would get L4MG on both sides but it just made the L4MG B slot work and the OOS A Slot bootloop.

topaza

Aug 12, 2009
Update: was able to press all buttons at once to get into Fastboot, then flash TWRP recovery from there. It appeared that my storage was totally full, so I wiped and reformatted both slots.

Now I have a really messed up situation with OOS11 going into a boot loop when I reboot SlotA from TWRP, and Lineage for MicroG starting up alright when I reboot SlotB (altho Wifi doesn't work). Luckily TWRP is recovery app for both slots.

Will I mess things up further if I go to SlotB, sideload the L4MG .zip file again to get it onto SlotA? What I had done was make a backup on SlotB, then restore it to SlotB. I thought that would get L4MG on both sides but it just made the L4MG B slot work and the OOS A Slot bootloop.

I cannot really help you with your situation as I don´t have or know your device. But I am pretty sure that it is not a hard brick. :)

I think this is the wrong thread and it might be more effective to ask your questions in the specific device forum:

Especially the LOS thread for your phone will probably be the best option to get help with this:

CurlyTemple

Jan 26, 2022

Alright, so I went all in. With ADB, I pushed the L4MG.zip file onto the phone. Then from TWRP, I booted to SlotA and wiped it, then Rebooted to SlotB and used the Install feature and selected the L4MG.zip file. Then I rebooted to SlotA and did the same, so it installed on SlotB, it restarted into L4MG perfectly, appears to be working.
I cannot really help you with your situation as I don´t have or know your device. But I am pretty sure that it is not a hard brick. :)

I think this is the wrong thread and it might be more effective to ask your questions in the specific device forum:

Especially the LOS thread for your phone will probably be the best option to get help with this:
You should know that LOS Official thread or the Libre Chat for LOS18.1 or the reddit for LOS18.1 will absolutely not help anyone with L4MG and they are very rude about it, so best not to refer people to them. I think this is why L4MG has not realized we need device-specific threads for L4MG.

Reactions: Mozgus

topaza

Aug 12, 2009
Alright, so I went all in. With ADB, I pushed the L4MG.zip file onto the phone. Then from TWRP, I booted to SlotA and wiped it, then Rebooted to SlotB and used the Install feature and selected the L4MG.zip file. Then I rebooted to SlotA and did the same, so it installed on SlotB, it restarted into L4MG perfectly, appears to be working.
Glad to hear it is working now! :)

You should know that LOS Official thread or the Libre Chat for LOS18.1 or the reddit for LOS18.1 will absolutely not help anyone with L4MG and they are very rude about it, so best not to refer people to them. I think this is why L4MG has not realized we need device-specific threads for L4MG.
I think you got things wrong here. I do not know the libre chat but I know XDA forum. And basically LOS and LOS+MG are nearly identical. So with problems like yours there is most likely no difference if you use LOS oder LOS+MG.
From my point of view most people here are willing to help others and do not care much about the differences between guys from LOS team and MicroG team.

Reactions: Mozgus

Luckz27

Aug 31, 2013
Nexus 7
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
Tissot just went from 17.1 to 18.1 - next build scheduled this week.
Hello, I want to install this ROM but in the “Installation instructions” I read, literally: “Before installing the ZIP you should check that it has the correct signature. You have to use a Python script to verify the signature...”.

Is this step necessary? Because I don't know how to do it.

heinhuiz

Nov 26, 2011
Xiaomi Mi A1
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Hello, I want to install this ROM but in the “Installation instructions” I read, literally: “Before installing the ZIP you should check that it has the correct signature. You have to use a Python script to verify the signature...”.

Is this step necessary? Because I don't know how to do it.
It's more like a legal notice for when the zip you are about to install has been tampered with, to shift the responsibility for installing malware to you. If you trust (the source of) your zip you can install it.

Reactions: Luckz27

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks. I'll just wait for now. Is there anything I can/should do if it does not appear in a few weeks time?
    It should be built the same day as guacamole. If guacamoleb doesn't appear then, you can open a new issue in github lineage4microg docker...
    Looks like the latest builds for both fajita and flame are missing. Perhaps there was a problem with the build servers? Not sure where to look for information on that. Any ideas?
    Hi,

I have a OnePlus 7 (guacamoleb) and I am using LOS for microg with it for a long time now. Thanks for all the great work!

Unfortunately, OnePlus 7 lost official LOS support some time ago, so there were no new builds. However, it is officially supported again now and there is a new LOS 18.1 build dating 2022-05-02. 😀

Does this mean, we will also get LOS for microg builds again from now on?

I checked the LOS for microg downloads. All the builds dating 2022-05-02 for the other devices are already there but the build for guacamoleb is still missing. So I am wondering if there is any manual step involved to include the device in the build process again?
    The microG fork builds are not in sync with official lineageOS. You can just wait and hope. Usually it takes up to two weeks for a new device to appear.
    Android experience relies heavily on Google's Play Services. The microG project creates an alternative to installing Gapps, which install and execute closed-source blobs on our phones. MicroG however requires a patch called "signature spoofing", which allows microG's apps to spoof themselves as Google Apps. LineageOS currently does not include the patch due to different opinions among the developers. (further information can be found here)

This makes microG installation difficult on LineageOS and other ROMs. Our ROM is a fork of LineageOS with just the necessary changes to have microG built-in. We ship weekly builds for all the LineageOS supported devices..

You can find us on https://lineage.microg.org

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS for microG, ROM for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    Simon94, ncorna, n1zzo, LineageOS, MaR-V-iN
    Source Code: https://github.com/lineageos4microg

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-11-06
    Last Updated 2020-08-28
    Just to give a small heads up. As you may noticed some of the project members the priorities have shifted to other projects.

I was and am still willing to take over some of the tasks, but as microG lacked some bugfixes and support for LineageOS 17.1 i was not sure whether its worth it to spend more time into LineageOS for microG. Once marvin released the new microG update, we still had to check with our team, how we'll proceed.

For now i've taken over the responsibility of the Android Build process, merged some of the fixes and integrated LineageOS 17.1 support. New builds are on their way, both LineageOS 16 and 17.1 based.

Best
    Simon
    Hey guys. You are right with your findings. We were testing yesterday LineageOS 15.1. But we rolled it back. Now we have almost everything ready for Lineage 15.1 - In fact there is one minor change outstanding before we're going to release. After release we'll start building the complete LineageOS weekly build roster again.
    Current device list which will be built tomorrow:
    Code:
    a6020,angler,armani,athene,bacon,bullhead,cancro,capricorn,cheeseburger,clark,condor,crackling,d855,
    deb,dragon,falcon,flo,flounder,gemini,h815,h850,hammerhead,harpia,herolte,here2lte,hlte,i9100,
    i9300,jfltexx,kenzo,klte,libra,lux,m8,mako,mido,oneplus2,oneplus3,onyx,osprey,otus,paella,pme,
    serranoltexx,shamu,thea,titan,victara,wt88047,yuga,Z00L
    today i got my weekly(?) update with november security patches via ota notification.
    thanks for that!

Yes they are rolling out new builds again :) Thank you everyone who is contributing to this :good:

Oops. They only build Oreo right now.

We have decided to build every device weekly (like before), as we don't have the capacity to build for ~75 devices daily and nightlies are quite useless to the end users. We will build for all the ~200 devices, ~30 devices per day, from top to bottom of the usual hudson devices list (which means that 15.1 builds will appear in the first part of the week and 14.1 in the second one).

As usual, new devices will be automatically added to the build list, no need to ask for them, just wait some days.