• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

LineageOS for microG

Lanchon

Jun 19, 2011
Yes it was time consuming at the time you wrote the tutorial. Meanwhile we have xposed for nougat and Oreo. We have nanodroid patcher with addon.d support. No need to go to a computer and use tingle.
nanodroid's patcher is my haystack project ran on the phone instead of the PC. haystack uses my dexpatcher, which itself uses smali's dexlib2. smali does not support oreo, and thus dexlib2, dexpatcher and haystack don't either. i heard reports that haystack works on oreo so far, i really don't know. i don't care either: haystack was just a demo of dexpatcher use. unfortunately, android tools are lagging behind and disappearing. first dex2jar, now smali, and apktool and dexpatcher will follow suit due to dependency rot.

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

please add OnePlus 5T (dumpling).
(note: builds are 15.1.)

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
nanodroid's patcher is my haystack project ran on the phone instead of the PC. haystack uses my dexpatcher, which itself uses smali's dexlib2. smali does not support oreo, and thus dexlib2, dexpatcher and haystack don't either. i heard reports that haystack works on oreo so far, i really don't know. i don't care either: haystack was just a demo of dexpatcher use. unfortunately, android tools are lagging behind and disappearing. first dex2jar, now smali, and apktool and dexpatcher will follow suit due to dependency rot....)
Thank you for that. Nanodroid patcher works in Oreo ROMs. But it needs significantly longer than in nougat ROMs. Many Oreo ROMs are odexed. That's why I mentioned xposed.

Reactions: Lanchon

OpenSource!

Nov 28, 2017
Oreo

sry i was wrong with the samsung s 4, but thanks for the answer :)

i have another question. Will Android Oreo available for nexus 5x (bullhead)? Its supported by lineage.

vildevilde

Aug 6, 2014
Hi, I have used LineageOs for microG for a while. Yesterday there as an update for nexus 5x bullhead "2018-03-05 08:41" , but when I try to download it it's still an older version lineage-14.1-20180219-microG-bullhead.zip there? Is this an mistake or does it take days to upload?????

d1n0x

Oct 4, 2010
Hi, I have used LineageOs for microG for a while. Yesterday there as an update for nexus 5x bullhead "2018-03-05 08:41" , but when I try to download it it's still an older version lineage-14.1-20180219-microG-bullhead.zip there? Is this an mistake or does it take days to upload?????
Latest on the website is still 2/19

vildevilde

Aug 6, 2014
You are right. Same for cheeseburger (OnePlus 5). But when you click on it it still shows the old version.
I think this is just the date the folder was last modified, I noticed that older versions were removed.
OK, it's a pity, there was a new official nightly 15.1 yesterday so I thought, finally here it is also with microG.

Oldnobby

Apr 11, 2016
London
Hi everyone...this may sound silly but I have to ask, I know it's a old device and it's unbelievable how it still running? Yes it still running the
Samsung tab2 P5100 WiFi. My question is if it will be a LOS 15.1 for this device or not? Many thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2 using XDA Labs

Simon94

Oct 27, 2011
Hey guys. You are right with your findings. We were testing yesterday LineageOS 15.1. But we rolled it back. Now we have almost everything ready for Lineage 15.1 - In fact there is one minor change outstanding before we're going to release. After release we'll start building the complete LineageOS weekly build roster again.

saintjimmy

Feb 17, 2010
Clermont Ferrand
Hey guys. You are right with your findings. We were testing yesterday LineageOS 15.1. But we rolled it back. Now we have almost everything ready for Lineage 15.1 - In fact there is one minor change outstanding before we're going to release. After release we'll start building the complete LineageOS weekly build roster again.
Thanks ! Keep up the good work !
Don't listen to the haters, people always forgot you're almost on your own on this.

Reactions: Uplander

d1n0x

Oct 4, 2010
Available now! Thank you so much for this!

Last edited:
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone