• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LineageOS for microG

Search This thread

Rcmz

Nov 15, 2014
Hi, can you add support for the ZTE Axon 7 (axon7) please?

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Hi, can you add support for the Axon 7 (axon7) please?

Reactions: tietje_3

Simon94

Oct 27, 2011
Just recognized: There is a download link for 14.1 lineage-14.1-20171108-microG-espressowifi.zip
Something went wrong with filename or is this really nougat?

Yes it is really nougat. Our buildchain defaults to cm14.1 and lacks to fallback - If the build on that branch doesnt fail it would produce results. We maybe will assign the to be built lineage version to the device..

We do not recommend to flash these builds and will likely withdraw them!

Last edited:
Reactions: ze7zez and Nieja

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Yeah! we show up in official LineagOS statistics

Attachments

• Unbenannt.PNG
    Unbenannt.PNG
    13.1 KB · Views: 389
Reactions: cmattern

Nieja

Nov 5, 2017
Hello again,

First of all thanks for supporting the Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus( A6020aXX) and adding ROM to download page.
Q: How do you check for correct signature on installation instructions?

Before installing the ZIP you should check that it has the correct signature:

keytool -list -printcert -jarfile lineage-microG.zip

Where do we type this command?

Thanks.

Edit : in the ADB terminal maybe?

Last edited:

xda9mwi

Nov 8, 2017
Hello. I apologize if it's been done but I didn't see it appear on the list: could you please add the Letv Leeco Le 2 (s2)? Thanks in advance!

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Last edited:
Reactions: ze7zez

ncorna

Nov 6, 2017
Hello again,

First of all thanks for supporting the Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus( A6020aXX) and adding ROM to download page.
Q: How do you check for correct signature on installation instructions?

Where do we type this command?

Thanks.

Edit : in the ADB terminal maybe?

In a terminal (cmd.exe or PowerShell on Windows) on your PC. You need Java installed for it.

Sleak Ghost

May 7, 2016
What playmaker do you mean? No chance to run if it depends on google play games

PlayMaker is not just an app, it is a way of downloading Google Play Store apps through a server of yours. When looking on the lineage.microg.org site you can see when scrolling a good bit down that you can use PlayMaker to download Google Play Store Apps. It's kinda like Yalp Store but instead a "repo" hosted by yourself so you can download your Google Play Store apps through F-Droid.

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
PlayMaker is not just an app, it is a way of downloading Google Play Store apps through a server of yours. When looking on the lineage.microg.org site you can see when scrolling a good bit down that you can use PlayMaker to download Google Play Store Apps. It's kinda like Yalp Store but instead a "repo" hosted by yourself so you can download your Google Play Store apps through F-Droid.
Ah! It's linked in project homepage https://github.com/NoMore201/playmaker/blob/master/README.md
But a little bit off topic here.

ncorna

Nov 6, 2017
Is it possible for you to include a detailed guide or I don't care if it's written or a video but I need to know how to properly setup PlayMaker

See the section "Docker image" in the README of Playmaker.
Install Docker, run that command and Playmaker (plus the F-Droid repo) will be available on 127.0.0.1:5000. If you want to have it outside your local network, setup a reverse proxy (like nginx) to add HTTPS and serve it over 443 and, if you're behind a NAT, setup the port forwarding.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you!
    Lineage microG is my daily driver since 3 years.
    In combination with FDroid, Aurora Store, AdAway, Bromite, Mixplorer, Syncolpoli and Magisk it is fully featured and all what I need.
    Thank you!
    Android experience relies heavily on Google's Play Services. The microG project creates an alternative to installing Gapps, which install and execute closed-source blobs on our phones. MicroG however requires a patch called "signature spoofing", which allows microG's apps to spoof themselves as Google Apps. LineageOS currently does not include the patch due to different opinions among the developers. (further information can be found here)

This makes microG installation difficult on LineageOS and other ROMs. Our ROM is a fork of LineageOS with just the necessary changes to have microG built-in. We ship weekly builds for all the LineageOS supported devices..

You can find us on https://lineage.microg.org

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS for microG, ROM for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    Simon94, ncorna, n1zzo, LineageOS, MaR-V-iN
    Source Code: https://github.com/lineageos4microg

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-11-06
    Last Updated 2020-08-28
    Just to give a small heads up. As you may noticed some of the project members the priorities have shifted to other projects.

I was and am still willing to take over some of the tasks, but as microG lacked some bugfixes and support for LineageOS 17.1 i was not sure whether its worth it to spend more time into LineageOS for microG. Once marvin released the new microG update, we still had to check with our team, how we'll proceed.

For now i've taken over the responsibility of the Android Build process, merged some of the fixes and integrated LineageOS 17.1 support. New builds are on their way, both LineageOS 16 and 17.1 based.

Best
    Simon
    Hey guys. You are right with your findings. We were testing yesterday LineageOS 15.1. But we rolled it back. Now we have almost everything ready for Lineage 15.1 - In fact there is one minor change outstanding before we're going to release. After release we'll start building the complete LineageOS weekly build roster again.
    Current device list which will be built tomorrow:
    Code:
    a6020,angler,armani,athene,bacon,bullhead,cancro,capricorn,cheeseburger,clark,condor,crackling,d855,
    deb,dragon,falcon,flo,flounder,gemini,h815,h850,hammerhead,harpia,herolte,here2lte,hlte,i9100,
    i9300,jfltexx,kenzo,klte,libra,lux,m8,mako,mido,oneplus2,oneplus3,onyx,osprey,otus,paella,pme,
    serranoltexx,shamu,thea,titan,victara,wt88047,yuga,Z00L
    today i got my weekly(?) update with november security patches via ota notification.
    thanks for that!

Yes they are rolling out new builds again :) Thank you everyone who is contributing to this :good:

Oops. They only build Oreo right now.

We have decided to build every device weekly (like before), as we don't have the capacity to build for ~75 devices daily and nightlies are quite useless to the end users. We will build for all the ~200 devices, ~30 devices per day, from top to bottom of the usual hudson devices list (which means that 15.1 builds will appear in the first part of the week and 14.1 in the second one).

As usual, new devices will be automatically added to the build list, no need to ask for them, just wait some days.