• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[LineageOS]Install LineageOS 16 on Mediapad M5 Lite

Search This thread
Oct 18, 2020
Thanks to XDA Forum,contributors, OpenKirin Team and of course Lineage Team, i managed to install LineageOS on my Mediapad M5 Lite 10.1 BAH2-W19 C431.
I would like to share my newbie experience.

3 steps :
1) Unlock bootloader
For this i follow this thread from sadiqkarur : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...huawei-mediapad-m5-lite-all-editions.3989111/
Which is perfect, and i especially would recommend to follow Drumiec instructions
BAH2-W19 8.0.0.230 C431
I would just precise this :
> Step "5: Open Calculator app and type ()()2846579()()" in landscape view
> Step "Hit the Read bootloader code (=> Select on the right side menu: Unlocking > Read bootloader code) and this is what you should get:.." (additional information)

2) Flash/install LOS 16 (OpenKirin LOS 16 Rom)
Thanks to merlinolillo on this thread for link to OpenKirin possibility, and Openkirin team.
>>> Download ROM : LOS 16 Emui Openkirin ("Download" comes with gapps, for no gapps check "View Changelog")
>>> Procedure : LOS 16 Install all steps

3) Feedback and tips
As i have no LTE use , i'm not abble to test it. I find back benefits from Lineages.

Everything seems working well, i'm still testing, except :
> screen display is not clean and clear, like out of focus, blurry, fuzzy. Since i put display in black theme, display became more correct. But not really solve. > solved with display (livedisplay menu) calibration, green set at 99%.
> fast charge

> 5ghz wifi conection

Tips :
> If using headphones with jack connection sound is very low and with some reverb, just put audiofx parameter off, it should resolve.

Last edited:
Reactions: merlinolillo

merlinolillo

Jun 2, 2006
Senigallia
To solve the screen display problem you have to set the display calibration at 99% at green. To do so go to settings - Display - LiveDisplay and set green at 99%. You're be able to resolve in that way.

Reactions: [email protected]
Oct 18, 2020
Last edited:
Hello, thanks for this simple tuto, I succeed.
However, netflix doesn't work. When launching a movie: error "There is a problem playing the vidéo. Please try again. (5.0)"
In netflix app settings, I notice that there is No codec :( instead of on my phone where there is VP9 and AVC-High.
Does Netflix app work on your tablet Huawei MediaPad M5 Lite (BAH2-W19) after the installation of the custom ROM?

Last edited:
2021-11-0723.30.243420101420516166620.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to XDA Forum,contributors, OpenKirin Team and of course Lineage Team, i managed to install LineageOS on my Mediapad M5 Lite 10.1 BAH2-W19 C431.
    I would like to share my newbie experience.

3 steps :
    1) Unlock bootloader
    For this i follow this thread from sadiqkarur : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...huawei-mediapad-m5-lite-all-editions.3989111/
    Which is perfect, and i especially would recommend to follow Drumiec instructions
    BAH2-W19 8.0.0.230 C431
    I would just precise this :
    > Step "5: Open Calculator app and type ()()2846579()()" in landscape view
    > Step "Hit the Read bootloader code (=> Select on the right side menu: Unlocking > Read bootloader code) and this is what you should get:.." (additional information)

2) Flash/install LOS 16 (OpenKirin LOS 16 Rom)
    Thanks to merlinolillo on this thread for link to OpenKirin possibility, and Openkirin team.
    >>> Download ROM : LOS 16 Emui Openkirin ("Download" comes with gapps, for no gapps check "View Changelog")
    >>> Procedure : LOS 16 Install all steps

3) Feedback and tips
    As i have no LTE use , i'm not abble to test it. I find back benefits from Lineages.

Everything seems working well, i'm still testing, except :
    > screen display is not clean and clear, like out of focus, blurry, fuzzy. Since i put display in black theme, display became more correct. But not really solve. > solved with display (livedisplay menu) calibration, green set at 99%.
    > fast charge

> 5ghz wifi conection

Tips :
    > If using headphones with jack connection sound is very low and with some reverb, just put audiofx parameter off, it should resolve.
    To solve the screen display problem you have to set the display calibration at 99% at green. To do so go to settings - Display - LiveDisplay and set green at 99%. You're be able to resolve in that way.
    Display out of focus > solved
    Many thanks merlinolillo
    I' ve installed succesfully Andy Yan's GSI Lineage 17.1 too (android 10). Works fine including fast charge
    3 hours charging from empty to full. Seems that fastcharge not working also on my side.

Thx for your feedback.I will give a look.

You have to enable it: Settings - Phh Treble Settings - Huawei features - Huawei fast charge -Mid-fast (2750mA)