LineageOS13-port-R1-HD (camera-mostly- works)

Search This thread

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Should I redownload and flash 5.2? Was there a recent update made? I got an alert and I see a date of 11-02 for the latest update but I'm not sure what it is. Thanks.

No,

I just had to edit the OP. I had a link in there to rom this was ported from. And that link was to "needrom" , and appaerently it is not allowed to link to needrom

armivzla

Mar 11, 2011
Venezuela
No,

I just had to edit the OP. I had a link in there to rom this was ported from. And that link was to "needrom" , and appaerently it is not allowed to link to needrom

Is this ROM more stable or at least better than the stock ROM?
With regard to the kernel, does not have any type of retouching or overclock?
And the battery?

Sorry so many questions

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Is this ROM more stable or at least better than the stock ROM?
With regard to the kernel, does not have any type of retouching or overclock?
And the battery?

Sorry so many questions

Really dont have much opinion on it.

I have not used this phone is a while.

There is none of the spy programs hiding from BLU in this one (just the ones from google, LOL)

seungbaekm

Aug 24, 2011
Screenshot_2017_11_07_22_03_16_1.png

Anyone knows why it failed?
My BLU currently installed TWRP 3.1.1. version and LineageOS 14(no camera works).
I tried to flash V5.2 ROM, but keep fail. Re-download and tried to flash, but again failed.

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Screenshot_2017_11_07_22_03_16_1.png

Anyone knows why it failed?
My BLU currently installed TWRP 3.1.1. version and LineageOS 14(no camera works).
I tried to flash V5.2 ROM, but keep fail. Re-download and tried to flash, but again failed.

yes. thats because the recovery you are using. and the mount point used in the install script.

I just went through this for these different recoveries on this forrum. some ported some built . any way

you can open the zip file up and make changes to the file

here is the path inside the zip.

\MATA-INF\com\google\android\upadater-script

Change the lines that has this:
Code:
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/system", "0", "/system");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/system", "/system", "max_batch_time=0,commit=1,data=ordered,barrier=1,errors=panic,nodelalloc");

To this
Code:
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p20", "0", "/system");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p20", "/system", "max_batch_time=0,commit=1,data=ordered,barrier=1,errors=panic,nodelalloc");

And then at bottom also change these lines
Code:
package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/boot");

To this
Code:
package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p7");

Those changes will make this work in all (5 i think) of the recoveries on this forum.
If that sounds to difficult you could flash the ported 3.1.1 recovery (it is linked in the OP of this thread). That is the one I was using when I made and tested these LM13 port installs.

seungbaekm

Aug 24, 2011
yes. thats because the recovery you are using. and the mount point used in the install script.

I just went through this for these different recoveries on this forrum. some ported some built . any way

you can open the zip file up and make changes to the file

here is the path inside the zip.

\MATA-INF\com\google\android\upadater-script

Change the lines that has this:
Code:
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/system", "0", "/system");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/system", "/system", "max_batch_time=0,commit=1,data=ordered,barrier=1,errors=panic,nodelalloc");

To this
Code:
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p20", "0", "/system");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p20", "/system", "max_batch_time=0,commit=1,data=ordered,barrier=1,errors=panic,nodelalloc");

And then at bottom also change these lines
Code:
package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/boot");

To this
Code:
package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p7");

Those changes will make this work in all (5 i think) of the recoveries on this forum.
If that sounds to difficult you could flash the ported 3.1.1 recovery (it is linked in the OP of this thread). That is the one I was using when I made and tested these LM13 port installs.

I re-flashed TWRP in the OP.
It works. Thanks.

zombie_ryushu

Oct 18, 2016
Frustrations with LineageOS

While I happen to have a TWRP enabled R1 HD, I'm getting extremely frustrated. I'm using the LineageOS 13 Rom, and have gotten no updates for KRACK. Everyone is moving back to the Bootloader Unlocked Stock Rom versions, and the Camera still doesn't work under LineageOS 14.1. I'm probably going to give up soon and move to another device from Le Eco, or something that is easier to support.

I'd be willing to stay with LineageOS 13.x longer if I could get patches for KRACK. I lack the development resources to build my own Roms.

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
This ROM is dead.

404 on the github.

Admin please close the thread.

Your right i should remove the link to github, but it is a ported rom, not a build. So GitHub was only where i was tracking changes made (swapped files). There was no build trees anyway.

joedajoester

Aug 11, 2012
I have an amazon r1 hd running an v8.4 rom with ads removed. I have twrp installed and am rooted but i want to try this rom out. Can i just wipe system/data and flash it with gapps or does it matter which version i am on before flashing? I want to make sure because this isn't like my pixel 2 where nothing really matters when it comes to flashing and recovering from a bad flash is easy.

Darkyputz

Oct 21, 2013
Soooo...
I installed this v5.2 now on my phone and it solved me a few issues, but mostly the WLAN is back up and reliable...
Camera works just fine...besides the video function, but hey...i rather have WLAN then video capture...
So thx to everyone for this awesome build...
As a small tip, i had to get the nano gapps since with stock i got the pixel loader failing every time...
But now i am up, happy again with my phone...best 52 bucks spent so far @joedajoester
I cleaned/wiped data, davlik,cache and system...after i backed all up to make sure i have a way back
I also had to unpack the recommended trwp 3.11 since the installer did not like the zip file, but with the img file it worked like a charm

Reactions: joedajoester

pfederighi

Nov 22, 2012
Seattle
Hello.

While I realize development has ended, perhaps someone has a solution to the problem I'm experiencing with this ROM. Video playback in web browsers is messed up, kind of like scrambled/copy protected video from the old days of analog cable TV. It doesn't matter what web browser is used. It doesn't affect everything. For example, videos hosted on YouTube exhibit this behavior while those hosted on Vimeo do not. The actual YouTube app works just fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

jasonmerc

Dec 14, 2012
www.ixquick.com
Hello.

While I realize development has ended, perhaps someone has a solution to the problem I'm experiencing with this ROM. Video playback in web browsers is messed up, kind of like scrambled/copy protected video from the old days of analog cable TV. It doesn't matter what web browser is used. It doesn't affect everything. For example, videos hosted on YouTube exhibit this behavior while those hosted on Vimeo do not. The actual YouTube app works just fine.

Anyone have any ideas?
I think there's a magisk module for disabling DRM or reworking it or something. I don't have this ROM anymore so I can't test for myself but if you can find it in magisk manager give it a try

I do want to say this too, even though this phone's pretty much dead I can't believe all the attention it got over the years and how it held on for as long as it did

pfederighi

Nov 22, 2012
Seattle
I think there's a magisk module for disabling DRM or reworking it or something. I don't have this ROM anymore so I can't test for myself but if you can find it in magisk manager give it a try

I do want to say this too, even though this phone's pretty much dead I can't believe all the attention it got over the years and how it held on for as long as it did

Background (not needed, feel free to skip):
Well, it turns out that no mods or different libraries are needed. I finally figured out that the problem was only related to VP9 decoding. After much searching I found that the MTK VP9 decode library is buggy and some had discussed if there were ways to disable it so that the media library would default back to the Google back end. There was some discussion about deleting references in XML files. Whatever ROM that was for didn't have the files in the same place as CM 13. I did some searching and found two files, commented some stuff out, rebooted, and everything works well.

Solution:
You will need root to be able to edit the files. After saving your changes, you will need to reboot.

Edit /system/etc/media_codecs_mediatek_video.xml and comment (surround with <!-- and -->) or delete the block:
<MediaCodec name="OMX.MTK.VIDEO.DECODER.VP9" type="video/x-vnd.on2.vp9" >
<Limit name="size" min="16x16" max="1280x720" />
<Quirk name="requires-allocate-on-input-ports" />
<Quirk name="requires-allocate-on-output-ports" />
<Feature name="adaptive-playback"/>
<Limit name="concurrent-instances" max="8" />
</MediaCodec>

Edit /system/etc/media_codecs_performance.xml and comment or delete the block:
<MediaCodec name="OMX.MTK.VIDEO.DECODER.VP9" type="video/x-vnd.on2.vp9" update="true">
<Limit name="measured-frame-rate-320x240" range="100-200" />
<Limit name="measured-frame-rate-640x360" range="100-200" />
<Limit name="measured-frame-rate-1280x720" range="50-100" />
<Limit name="measured-frame-rate-1920x1080" range="50-100" />
</MediaCodec>

Reactions: jasonmerc

pfederighi

Nov 22, 2012
Seattle
I am trying to download this rom but can't find any download links?
Here you go. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wf-5-eJgY0bSqul3_Z68CEB-0ghDjuGM/view?usp=sharing

Thoughts:
Don't forget to make the edits from my previous post so videos play correctly.

Via a kernel manager (like SmartPack) I find that turning on "Schedule workqueues on awake CPUs to save power" and setting I/O "Read-ahead" memory to 384kB - 512kB makes for a smoother experience.

I was never able to get MicroG to fully work. OpenGApps nano works fine.

Netflix doesn't like the ROM even if you have root disabled in Developer Options. Maybe Magisk with its hide option will work. I don't use it enough on my phone to care. Versions less than 5.0 don't care about root and still connect to Netflix's server just fine.

Versions 10.x to 10.62.0 of Google Maps will crash when starting navigation. The recent updates seem to work fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

known issue:
    1> camera occasionally stops working and needs reboot to work again
    2> gps not working
    3> Mic not working
    ,,,V3.5 fixed mic,gps, and added open camera as default camera(removed CM snap), include gps test,

4> video camera not recording--V3.7 has fixed back video recording front still not working--also camera has still crashed on V3.7(but less often)

V3.8 synch up to changes made in SLIM6 port. Audio has not dropped out in this RoM like it has been for SLIM.

Files listed here under /system/lib/hw came from slim port. Other files under added and changed come from BLU R1_HD V21
    Addional files under /priv-app came from apk mirror . com

V5.2
    Removed extra apps previously added for testing.
    Changed boot.img init files to change permissions.

Sim card 2 not tested by me I only have one card. Sim one works phone, text, and data.

Rom ported from BLU_Max_Life

need unlocked bootloader
    need TWRP => Latest TWRP 3.1.1-0

gapps (google apps) not included. If want/ need playstore add gapps.

As with any and all modifications to your phone, you do at your own risk

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 13 Port, ROM for the BLU R1 HD

Contributors
    mrmazak, @vampirefo
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    Based On: @vampirefo 'sLineageos-13-BLU_Max_Life

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: port-3.8
    Beta Release Date: 2017-06-18

Created 2017-06-14
    Last Updated 2018-02-27
    Are you able to take pictures and video, or just pictures? And how often does the camera crash? Im thinking about loading this ROM myself

On my tester phone it has been going about 3 weeks no camera crash.

I based this port off of the build that was for the Blu life Max. On my life Max I found some problems this week.

Don't know if these problems have followed to the port or not.

1. Sometimes in order to connect to bluetooth , either a reboot is needed or cycle to airplane mode then back.

2. I found that I can make video camera crash by taking video on front or rear camera

Edit,update: I took for granted the source roms I used to port were supposed to be fully working. I tested some more on both the slim and lm13. The source roms do not have working camcorder. The port camcorder does work.

3. The build prop seems to need some work. The rom runs , but there are many options from stock prop not shown. I'm hoping a prop change can solve the screen mirroring not working (screen cast)
    Everything is blank....doesn't even list my IMEI number at all.

well that means it is not simply apn setting.
    yeah and i just put together another version (x-4.1) with v21 anps-config.xml too. well the slim version anyway.
    Already for daily use?

Not quite ready.

Audio driver seems to stop after about 5 minutes or so. then only outputs to bluetooth. When audio goes down the video that is playing also stops.

most recent adjustments are in the x-4.7 version of slim.

I am taking some time off from this.
    Okay, the slim is more stable?

Enviado desde mi R1 HD mediante Tapatalk

this and SLIM should now be equal. But the audio is not dropping in this ROM like it is in SLIM. so now this appears more stable.

Here are the lists of changes made from the original rom to make it work
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone