General [LINK] How to make your system read-write R/W

Search This thread

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
Welcome to SystemRW by lebigmac

This script removes the read-only lock of all partitions embedded in the super partition of your stock firmware. This allows you to fully debloat your device and customize your MIUI experience to make it run as smooth as silk!
MIUI 12 is great but it's a little bit bloated and some bugs here and there.

Developed on Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC surya and works like a charm over here!

I'm looking forward to hearing from the Poco X3 Pro users how the script performs on your device.
Thank you for giving it a try!

If you decide to flash it from custom recovery then make sure you've got full read/write access to /data partition and that /data is not encrypted.

Visit project thread

makesysrw_1-31_01-jpg.5288711
03-jpg.5259867

Last edited:
Reactions: gsser

gsser

• Dec 22, 2012
    Eskisehir
    OnePlus 5T
    Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
    @gsser it can work depending on how much effort you decide to put into it.
    well if it is like that, then why is there even a non complete script when it can be done by the owner...

And since you have already asked how it is on x3 pro im saying it doesnt work.

"I'm looking forward to hearing from the Poco X3 Pro users how the script performs on your device."

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
    @gsser Thanks for the screenshot and feedback. Please download latest v1.31 that I uploaded today. And feel free to edit the script with your favorite text editor and change the super image dump path.

Feel free to send me your log files if you get any errors so I can take a look. Thanks.

Last edited:

gsser

• Dec 22, 2012
    Eskisehir
    OnePlus 5T
    Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
    @gsser Thanks for the screenshot and feedback. Please download latest v1.31 that I uploaded today. And feel free to edit the script with your favorite text editor and change the super image dump path in line #333 to this. Then save file.

Code:
     sDumpTarget="/sdcard/super_original.bin"

Feel free to send me your log files if you get any errors so I can take a look. Thanks.
    Only lines i could find about data were these and i edited the path to my sdcard, flashed it.

Edit just seen you edited your reply. Ill try

Attachments

• IMG_20210423_010020.jpg
      IMG_20210423_010020.jpg
      368.5 KB · Views: 64
    Last edited:

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
    I'm not 100% sure if your changes will work properly. Feel free to give it a try.
    You can also use /sdcard path it should be the same thing as what you wrote. Good luck.
    Please report back any errors.

Keep in mind if you change LOC variable you must also copy the whole script folder to that new location.

The reason why the script is installed to /data/local/tmp is because in /scard path you don't have execution permission. That's why it's better to launch script from /data/local/tmp

Poco x3 pro recovery don't have full access to /data/local/tmp ? You can try launch script directly from android and it should work as expected.

Last edited:

gsser

• Dec 22, 2012
    Eskisehir
    OnePlus 5T
    Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
    I'm not 100% sure if your changes will work properly. Feel free to give it a try.
    You can also use /sdcard path it should be the same thing as what you wrote. Good luck.
    Please report back any errors thanks.

Keep in mind if you change LOC variable you must also copy the whole script folder to that new location.

The reason why the script is installed to /data/local/tmp is because in /scard path you don't have execution permission. Is better to launch script from /data/local/path

You don't have full access to /data/local/path in poco x3 pro?
    This is how the folder looks rightnow. Do i need to do anything about it? Also what is LOC :c
    Edit nvm, lol im blind

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-23-01-13-55-205_com.mixplorer.jpg
      Screenshot_2021-04-23-01-13-55-205_com.mixplorer.jpg
      125.1 KB · Views: 53

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
    Not sure what you're trying to do but that path is totally messed up :eek:

Just run script in android operating system as described in the instructions if you don't have full read write access to /data/local/tmp from custom recovery

Have you tried manually mounting /data partition in orange fox? Maybe it's not mounted and that's why /data/local/tmp is unavailable.

Last edited:

gsser

• Dec 22, 2012
    Eskisehir
    OnePlus 5T
    Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
    Not sure what you're trying to do but that path is totally messed up ;)

Just run script in android operating system as described in the instructions if you don't have full read write access to /data/local/tmp from custom recovery

Have you tried manually mounting /data partition in orange fox? Maybe it's not mounted and that's why /data/local/tmp is unavailable.
    All available recoveries have issue mounting data, some cant even mount mtp.

Ill try android one and see what happens.

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
    $LOC is a path check safety feature I had to implement because some folks were launching the script from God knows where and overwriting God knows what with dd lol.

Did you try manually mounting /data partition before flashing script from recovery?
    mount -o remount,rw /data

Last edited:

gsser

• Dec 22, 2012
    Eskisehir
    OnePlus 5T
    Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
    LOC is a safety path check feature I had to implement because some folks were launching the script from God knows where and overwriting God knows what with dd lol.

Did you try manually mounting /data partition before running script?
    Yeah, ill try android version then flash it with fastboot but im a bit confused. Do i execute this command or do i need to do other things? Sorry im a noob at these things

./makesysrw.sh in=./files/super/super_original.bin out=./custom/path/super_fixed.bin size=50

Actually ill stop here since i dont get the whole thing, i dont understand at all :/ once i tried to use linux and it was not fun for me... Im bad with command lines and scripts

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
    After copying script folder into /data/local/tmp/
    open command prompt and type this

Bash:
    adb shell

su
    cd /data/local/tmp/makesysrw_1.31
    chmod +x ./makesysrw.sh
    ./makesysrw.sh size=25

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

@gsser Yes it works flawlessly if you run script manually from within Android.
      @gsser Thanks for the screenshot and feedback. Please download latest v1.31 that I uploaded today. And feel free to edit the script with your favorite text editor and change the super image dump path.

The reason why the script is installed to /data/local/tmp is because in /scard path you don't have execution permission. That's why it's better to launch script from /data/local/tmp

Poco x3 pro recovery don't have full access to /data/local/tmp ? You can try launch script directly from android and it should work as expected.
      Not sure what you're trying to do but that path is totally messed up :eek:

$LOC is a path check safety feature I had to implement because some folks were launching the script from God knows where and overwriting God knows what with dd lol.

Did you try manually mounting /data partition before flashing script from recovery?
      Welcome to SystemRW by lebigmac

This script removes the read-only lock of all partitions embedded in the super partition of your stock firmware. This allows you to fully debloat your device and customize your MIUI experience to make it run as smooth as silk!
      MIUI 12 is great but it's a little bit bloated and some bugs here and there.

Developed on Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC surya and works like a charm over here!

I'm looking forward to hearing from the Poco X3 Pro users how the script performs on your device.
      Thank you for giving it a try!

If you decide to flash it from custom recovery then make sure you've got full read/write access to /data partition and that /data is not encrypted.

Visit project thread

makesysrw_1-31_01-jpg.5288711
      03-jpg.5259867
      PS C:\adb> adb shell "ls -Alg /dev/block/by-name | grep 'super'"
      lrwxrwxrwx 1 root 16 1970-02-02 16:40 super -> /dev/block/sda23

POCO X3 pro
      @gsser Yes it works flawlessly if you run script manually from within Android.

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone