Development [LINK] How to make your system read-write R/W

Search This thread

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
img_20210423_004056_402-jpg.5287553

It is mostly because of current recoveries for x3 pro doesnt support /data yet, but the script can use sdcard rather than internal storage.

I think this problem is not related to your custom recovery. Somebody told me that this is probably a new Android 11 related TWRP restriction where /data partition is encrypted and unmountable.
This makes dumping of super_original.bin to that location impossible on Android 11 devices.

Last edited:

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
@monsterz77 Did it work successfully on your device? Why you want to uninstall R/W and go back to R/O ? Don't you want to customize your device?

Code:
#To uninstall:

fastboot flash super super_original.bin
#delete script folder

Last edited:

monsterz77

Nov 26, 2017
Did it work successfully on your device? Why you want to uninstall R/W and go back to R/O ? Don't you want to customize your device?

Code:
#To uninstall:

fastboot flash super super_original.bin
#delete script folder
Done to my device...but i just want to know how to revert back..thx guys

mørningstαr

Mar 30, 2019
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Ok, so before I start flashing, correct me if I'm wrong, these are the prerequisites I need:
USB OTG (Because Poco)
Custom Recovery (I prefer orangefox)
Then copy the zip file to the OTG
Boot to recovery
Mount data first to ensure
Flash but untick the zip verification yada yada
Then hope it works, as it probably will.

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
whoa, that'd be wicked! 😍😍😍 Thanks in advance @lebigmac

This is my very first Android app that I ever created. I could've released it 2 months ago. Unfortunately development of Android app was interrupted at that time because project was stolen and hacked by some ruthless & spineless hacker.
R.I.P. open source. *insert very sad melody here*

On a more positive note I'm happy to announce that Android app development was restarted. It's in early alpha stage right now as you can see in the screenshot above.

Can be installed without recorery ?
Yes that's the goal. Removing custom recovery from requirements list. Just making the whole user experience more enjoyable and more straightforward.

Last edited:
Reactions: keyzjn

NicoMaybituin

Oct 7, 2013
Followed all the steps and flashed super_fixed.bin successfully but vendor remains read-only. Using crDroid and TWRP by Nebassy. Executed through adb shell.

Edit: I'm only looking to rename the files "libvolumelistener.so" in lib/lib64 folder in vendor for V4A to work. After flashing super_fixed.bin it's still read-only.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi @mørningstαr thanks for your interest in this project. If you wait a few more days I will release Android installer app that should make script installation much easier.

1622110384535.jpg
    whoa, that'd be wicked! 😍😍😍 Thanks in advance @lebigmac

This is my very first Android app that I ever created. I could've released it 2 months ago. Unfortunately development of Android app was interrupted at that time because project was stolen and hacked by some ruthless & spineless hacker.
    R.I.P. open source. *insert very sad melody here*

On a more positive note I'm happy to announce that Android app development was restarted. It's in early alpha stage right now as you can see in the screenshot above.

Can be installed without recorery ?
    Yes that's the goal. Removing custom recovery from requirements list. Just making the whole user experience more enjoyable and more straightforward.
    @NicoMaybituin try with stock firmware

New app is coming along well. Almost finished.

1622424061299.jpg
    Well this thing looks interesting. Is it device specific or can I try it on Redmi Note 9S?
    Hi. It should work well with any Xiaomi device running stock Android 10 or later. You might have to launch the script manually though. Good luck.
    A few questions:
    1. When can I expect version 1.32?
    2. After applying the script, the data is erased?
    Hi @Ramil_ thanks for your interest in this project!
    Please keep in mind this is my very first app that I ever created. There is no release date yet.
    /data partition is not affected by script.

Hi, thanks for all, do you have any news about the app? i can't install the script, i try the installer zip and manual installation and doesn't happen nothing, sorry for my bad english.
    Hi @CesarJGN thanks for your interest in this project!
    Right now the app it's about 80% finished ;)

When I have time, will flash on mi 11 lite 5G, but one question, is the script wipe data??
    Thanks..
    Hi @rayman95 thanks for your interest in this project!
    You've got a great device! Congratulations!
    Welcome to SystemRW by lebigmac

This script removes the read-only lock of all partitions embedded in the super partition of your stock firmware. This allows you to fully debloat your device and customize your MIUI experience to make it run as smooth as silk!
    MIUI 12 is great but it's a little bit bloated and some bugs here and there.

The script was developed on Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC surya and works like a charm over here!

I'm looking forward to hearing from the Poco X3 Pro users how the script performs on your device.
    Thank you for giving it a try!

If you decide to flash it from custom recovery then make sure you've got full read/write access to /data partition and that /data is not encrypted.

Visit project thread

v1-31d_01-jpg.5309953
    v1-31d_03-jpg.5309957
    Hi @mørningstαr thanks for your interest in this project. If you wait a few more days I will release Android installer app that should make script installation much easier.

1622110384535.jpg
    View attachment 5287597now do i need to flash the super_fixed.bin in script folder's files folder in fastboot? original super is approx. 8gb and fixed one is nearly half of it

Yes. That file size difference is normal. One file is raw format the other one is sparse format.
    Is Xiaomi.eu custom ROM or stock?

Bash:
    adb pull /data/local/tmp/makesysrw_1.31/files/super/super_fixed.bin
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash super super_fixed.bin

Can you please upload your log files from script folder? Thanks for your feedback. It helps with further development.
    PS C:\adb> adb shell "ls -Alg /dev/block/by-name | grep 'super'"
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root 16 1970-02-02 16:40 super -> /dev/block/sda23

POCO X3 pro
    A few questions:
    1. When can I expect version 1.32?
    2. After applying the script, the data is erased?
    Hi @Ramil_ thanks for your interest in this project!
    Please keep in mind this is my very first app that I ever created. There is no release date yet.

Hi, thanks for all, do you have any news about the app? i can't install the script, i try the installer zip and manual installation and doesn't happen nothing, sorry for my bad english.
    Hi @CesarJGN thanks for your interest in this project!
    Right now the app it's about 80% finished ;)

When I have time, will flash on mi 11 lite 5G, but one question, is the script wipe data??
    Thanks..
    Hi @rayman95 thanks for your interest in this project!
    You've got a great device! Congratulations!