• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General [LINK] How to make your system read-write R/W

Search This thread

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
A few questions:
1. When can I expect version 1.32?
2. After applying the script, the data is erased?
Hi @Ramil_ thanks for your interest in this project!
Please keep in mind this is my very first app that I ever created. There is no release date yet.
/data partition is not affected by script.

Hi, thanks for all, do you have any news about the app? i can't install the script, i try the installer zip and manual installation and doesn't happen nothing, sorry for my bad english.
Hi @CesarJGN thanks for your interest in this project!
Right now the app it's about 80% finished ;)

When I have time, will flash on mi 11 lite 5G, but one question, is the script wipe data??
Thanks..
Hi @rayman95 thanks for your interest in this project!
You've got a great device! Congratulations!
/data partition is not affected by script.

Reactions: rayman95
Hello, I am trying to make my System RW as I want to:
  • Remove an application from /app
  • Add an application from /priv-app
But when I try to flash this, I get an Error 6.
On your thread, I saw for fixing Error 6 to Mount Data and decrypt (Data was also mounted by default on TWRP), but it didn't work.
Screenshot_2021-07-17-08-56-00[1].png

So, I tried with the manual method.
I got it working, I was actually able to edit files on /system_root/system (where I found the app folder), but I can't move folders. Weird.

Anyway, I rebooted and was greeted by a Bootloop. And when I rebooted to TWRP, I was also greeted by /system_root missing.

How can I fix this? Or it's just normal? I really would like to edit those files on the System partition.
Thank you!

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
Hi @r3mis thanks for your feedback. I'm working on fixing that annoying error signal 6. I know how annoying it can be. Many people have complained about it :cry:
I believe it's just a simple permission issue.

Please send me a message if you want to beta test the next upcoming version and you experience error signal 6 (mostly Xiaomi users).

Last edited:
Reactions: r3mis

fire7ly

Apr 16, 2021
Welcome to SystemRW by lebigmac

This script removes the read-only lock of all partitions embedded in the super partition of your stock firmware. This allows you to fully debloat your device and customize your MIUI experience to make it run as smooth as silk!
MIUI 12 is great but it's a little bit bloated and some bugs here and there.

The script was developed on Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC surya and works like a charm over here!

I'm looking forward to hearing from the Poco X3 Pro users how the script performs on your device.
Thank you for giving it a try!

If you decide to flash it from custom recovery then make sure you've got full read/write access to /data partition and that /data is not encrypted.

Visit project thread

v1-31d_01-jpg.5309953
v1-31d_03-jpg.5309957
Hello sir!
Its amazing script you write i like and wanna give a try on my Realme C3 come With RealmeUI 1.0 Android 10 vndk 29 when i'm run script from recovery i got error 255, screen shot and log file atteched blow. Hope you help me!

Attachments

• Screenshot_PBRP_2021-07-21-06-06-25.png
    Screenshot_PBRP_2021-07-21-06-06-25.png
    130.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Wow
Reactions: lebigmac

fire7ly

Apr 16, 2021
Im attech log here idk why i cant attech them with screenshot
Edit:--
I have super too
:/ # ls -l /dev/block/by-name/super
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 2021-07-21 16:38 /dev/block/by-name/super -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p43

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
I've got both good and bad news for you guys.

Bad news: the official app release has been postponed.

Good news: there's a new updated version available HERE
Enjoy!

@fire7ly please give this new version a try. I'm curious if it still causes error 255 for you. Thanks for feedback!

Last edited:
Reactions: keyzjn

pcjabuy

Jul 10, 2021
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I've got both good and bad news for you guys.

Bad news: the official app release has been postponed.

Good news: there's a new updated version available HERE
Enjoy!

@fire7ly please give this new version a try. I'm curious if it still causes error 255 for you. Thanks for feedback!
I‘ve already tried to install it on my Poco X3 Pro(USE nerbrassy's TWRP & Crdroid 7.7). But the 1.32 version still showed a crash. It doesn't work on my Phone. The Same as ver 1.31d.

————translate in Chinese————

我试着在我自己的Poco X3 Pro上安装了您开发的1.32版本(我用的是Nrabrassy的TWRP和Crdroid 7.7),但是安装之后立刻闪退,并且没有任何反映。与1.31d版本一样。

• Sad

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
I‘ve already tried to install it on my Poco X3 Pro(USE nerbrassy's TWRP & Crdroid 7.7). But the 1.32 version still showed a crash. It doesn't work on my Phone. The Same as ver 1.31d.

————translate in Chinese————

我试着在我自己的Poco X3 Pro上安装了您开发的1.32版本(我用的是Nrabrassy的TWRP和Crdroid 7.7),但是安装之后立刻闪退,并且没有任何反映。与1.31d版本一样。
@pcjabuy what do you mean showed a crash? Please send me your log files. Thanks.

@r3mis thanks for your feedback. I'm happy the new version works on your Poco X3 Pro device. Enjoy debloating your device! Be careful though as one little mistake can cause bootloop!

Last edited:
Reactions: r3mis

pcjabuy

Jul 10, 2021
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
@pcjabuy what do you mean showed a crash? Please send me your log files for further inspection. Thanks.

@r3mis thanks for your feedback. I'm happy the new version works on your Poco X3 Pro device. Enjoy debloating your device! Be careful though as one little mistake can cause bootloop!

I flashed the 1.32 version of the package in TWRP Recovery, and it soon jumped back to the initial interface of TWRP. There are no other logs and codes. It’s the same as ver. 1.31d, but the previous 1.31 version does not have this problem (but those versions cannot unlock the phone after it’s been swiped in).

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
Hi @pcjabuy. Please show me screenshot of your error. Did you try run script manually yet? Please send me your log files. They should be in /data/local/tmp/systemrw_1.32/log/

What is Crdroid 7.7 ? Is this custom firmware? Please keep in mind my script was designed for stock firmware. Custom firmware should be r/w by default!

pcjabuy

Jul 10, 2021
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hi @pcjabuy. Please show me screenshot of your error. Did you try run script manually yet? Please send me your log files. They should be in /data/local/tmp/systemrw_1.32/log/

What is Crdroid 7.7 ? Is this custom firmware? Please keep in mind my script was designed for stock firmware. Custom firmware should be r/w by default!

I tried to flash it again and it still showed me that error。I didn't find folder “system_1.32” in data/local/tmp,(but there‘s already an folder named “makesysrw_1.31”, it seems comes from what I flashed your previous version before.)

and I tried to flash ver 1.32 once more, i saw that when it crash, there's a line of red letters showed on my twrp, seems like "partition e has not decrypted"?

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
I tried to flash it again and it still showed me that error。I didn't find folder “system_1.32” in data/local/tmp,(but there‘s already an folder named “makesysrw_1.31”, it seems comes from what I flashed your previous version before.)

and I tried to flash ver 1.32 once more, i saw that when it crash, there's a line of red letters showed on my twrp, seems like "partition e has not decrypted"?
Ok how about you try to install it manually then? Detailed manual installation instructions can be found both in first comment of project thread as well as in comment section of script file itself. Good luck!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to
    SystemRW by lebigmac

This script removes the read-only lock of all partitions embedded in the super partition of your stock firmware.
    This allows you to fully debloat your device and customize your MIUI experience to make it run as smooth as silk!
    MIUI 12 is great but it has a little bit too much bloatware.

Be very careful when debloating your device! One little mistake could cause bootloop!
    Make lots of backups!
    Enjoy a fully read/write-able system!

Before launching script make sure you've got full read/write access to the /data partition and that /data partition is not encrypted!

v1-31d_01-jpg.5309953
    v1-31d_03-jpg.5309957
    Hi @mørningstαr thanks for your interest in this project. I am working on Android installer app that should make script installation much easier. Hopefully I can release it soon!
    View attachment 5287597now do i need to flash the super_fixed.bin in script folder's files folder in fastboot? original super is approx. 8gb and fixed one is nearly half of it

Yes. That file size difference is normal. One file is raw format the other one is sparse format.

You should be able to flash the patched super image file like this:
    Bash:
    adb pull /data/local/tmp/systemrw_1.32/img/super_fixed.bin
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash super super_fixed.bin

Can you please upload your log files from script folder? Thanks for your feedback. It helps with further development.
    After copying script folder into /data/local/tmp/
    open command prompt and type this

Bash:
    adb shell

su
    cd /data/local/tmp/makesysrw_1.32
    chmod +x ./makesysrw.sh
    ./makesysrw.sh size=50
    PS C:\adb> adb shell "ls -Alg /dev/block/by-name | grep 'super'"
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root 16 1970-02-02 16:40 super -> /dev/block/sda23

POCO X3 pro