How To Guide [GUIDE] How to make your System RW / Super R/W read/write-able

Search This thread

pcjabuy

Jul 10, 2021
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Ok how about you try to install it manually then? Detailed manual installation instructions can be found both in first comment of project thread as well as in comment section of script file itself. Good luck!
I tried the manual install way,and I copied the "systemrw_1.32" folder to /data/local/tmp/, when I type “chmod +x /data/local/tmp/systemrw_1.32/systemrw.sh”, the twrp didn't give me any notice. like this:

Screenshot_2021-07-31-05-48-31.jpg

And then i tried to edit system partition, It told me this:

微信截图_20210731190744.jpg

So it still doen't work on my device……

• Wow
Reactions: lebigmac

lebigmac

Account currently disabled
Jan 31, 2017
I tried the manual install way,and I copied the "systemrw_1.32" folder to /data/local/tmp/, when I type “chmod +x /data/local/tmp/systemrw_1.32/systemrw.sh”, the twrp didn't give me any notice. like this:

View attachment 5374833

And then i tried to edit system partition, It told me this:

View attachment 5374831

So it still doen't work on my device……
You are doing it wrong. Double check again your paths!
And please send me your log files from script folder if you want me to take a closer look at your issue. Thanks.

pcjabuy

Jul 10, 2021
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
You are doing it wrong. Double check again your paths!
And please send me your log files from script folder if you want me to take a closer look at your issue. Thanks.
I didn't done it wrong,in the first picture I renamed the folder with “systemrw”. and then I find the way to type "_” under TWRP,and I renamed it to “systemrw_1.32” again, it has the same problem.

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
@pcjabuy
Make sure /data partition is decrypted and mounted in your recovery and then try running script manually. Good luck!

Bash:
adb shell
cd /data/local/tmp/systemrw_1.32
chmod +x ./systemrw.sh
./systemrw.sh size=50

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
@lebigmac Sir, I've set the thread's prefix from "Development" to "General" as your thread doesn't qualify for development in this device forum. Please leave it that way and don't change it back without a moderator's approval. Thanks for your cooperation!

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
Hi, the new version works on Poco X3 Pro with EU rom, thanks.
Hi @CesarJGN thanks for this confirmation! I'm happy the script works on your device! Happy debloating!
Did you flash it in recovery without any errors? Which custom recovery are you using?

@lebigmac Sir, I've set the thread's prefix from "Development" to "General" as your thread doesn't qualify for development in this device forum. Please leave it that way and don't change it back without a moderator's approval. Thanks for your cooperation!

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator
Hi Oswald.
as your thread doesn't qualify for development in this device forum.
Sure. If you say so. What does it qualify as then?
The project is still under development and it also pertains to Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro. I am developing the project on this very device as we speak.

By the way did you guys punish the ruthless thief yet who stole my project, deleted all original info from my project and replaced with his own meaningless words and made-up script name and released it as his own? He is a member here in this forum. So it shouldn't be too difficult to punish him for his unethical, criminal cyber piracy behavior. I haven't heard back from the moderators regarding this issue for many months... This plagiarism and cyber piracy issue has been plaguing the project since March 2021. It would be cool if you guys could solve that issue. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Oswald Boelcke

Lord N

Sep 16, 2018
Hello, mind if anyone here could share a Google Drive link of the file, I can't accessed the Yandex Drive, maybe my ISP blocked it or what.

Thank you.

Lord N

Sep 16, 2018
Hi. Official download link works. 70 downloads per day are possible!
I will add more official download mirrors soon! Don't worry!
It doesn't work for me, maybe because I'm already on Xiaomi.eu ROM?

Yet I can't delete App on a Root Folder. 😅

I want to delete some. apk that I won't be needed.

fly.dvorkin

Jan 25, 2018
It is very sad.

I have: 12.5.3 RU, bootloader unlocked, stock recovery (I don't want TWRP)
I did everything clearly according to the instructions:

Put systemrw_1.32 to /data/local/tmp
gave permission to run the script: chmod + x
made sure there was a super partition with: ls -l /dev/block/by-name/super
ran the script from termux above SU with the recommended parameter: ./systemrw.sh size = 15
the script worked, created a backup of the super: super_original.bin section with a size of 8.5GB, made a patched super_fixed.bin with a size of 5.82GB for some reason.
copied both to the computer.

after I take the device to the fastboot and flash super:
fastboot flash super super_fixed.bin
the result is a bootloop.

an attempt to sew a backed-up original is the same bootloop.

Attachments

• lpdump.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 11
  • mylog.txt
    6.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Wow

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
It doesn't work for me, maybe because I'm already on Xiaomi.eu ROM?

Yet I can't delete App on a Root Folder. 😅

I want to delete some. apk that I won't be needed.
Hi. Please send me log files from /data/local/tmp/systemrw_1.32/log
Thanks!

It is very sad.

I have: 12.5.3 RU, bootloader unlocked, stock recovery (I don't want TWRP)
I did everything clearly according to the instructions:

Put systemrw_1.32 to /data/local/tmp
gave permission to run the script: chmod + x
made sure there was a super partition with: ls -l /dev/block/by-name/super
ran the script from termux above SU with the recommended parameter: ./systemrw.sh size = 15
the script worked, created a backup of the super: super_original.bin section with a size of 8.5GB, made a patched super_fixed.bin with a size of 5.82GB for some reason.
copied both to the computer.

after I take the device to the fastboot and flash super:
fastboot flash super super_fixed.bin
the result is a bootloop.

an attempt to sew a backed-up original is the same bootloop.
Hi.
I've never tested script with MIUI 12.5.3
I still using very old MIUI version on my POCO X3 Pro and everything works great over here.

Maybe Xiaomi fixed this loophole and it's not working anymore in newer MIUI versions?
Did you try with older MIUI version? Same result?

Flashing back the stock super image still does not fix the bootloop?! That's crazy!
Try re-enabling both dm-verity and verification using the included avbctl binary.
Maybe vbmeta is causing the bootloop?
Can you check log during bootloop or device go straight into fastboot mode? Or device freeze when MIUI logo show up?

Bootloop is always very sad. Hopefully it can be fixed! Good luck!

Last edited:

tagcart

Jul 9, 2016
Hello, I have had success using your script to manually create the super_fixed.bin file, however what is the process of flashing this on a Samsung device that does not have Fastboot? Any way to flash in Odin? I see someone else with a samsung device had success.

Last edited:

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
Hi @tagcart. It's nice to see some interest in this SystemRW project from the Samsung users (y)
It's very sad that Samsung completely removed the fastboot feature from all their devices :(
That's just crazy! No more Samsung phone for me. I prefer to give my money to Xiaomi.
Xiaomi devices are much more developer friendly.

You can try in Odin maybe it works.
Why not run the script in custom recovery? Then it will flash super partition by default. Good luck!

tagcart

Jul 9, 2016
Hi @tagcart. It's nice to see some interest in this SystemRW project from the Samsung users (y)
It's very sad that Samsung completely removed the fastboot feature from all their devices :(
That's just crazy! No more Samsung phone for me. I prefer to give my money to Xiaomi.
Xiaomi devices are much more developer friendly.

You can try in Odin maybe it works.
Why not run the script in custom recovery? Then it will flash super partition by default. Good luck!
I would love to but unfortunately my device (Galaxy Tab A7 Lite) does not have a TWRP port yet. I have been trying to port it myself over the past couple weeks without success! I can get it to compile from my device tree but after flashing recovery.img with Odin, I just get a black screen.. I will continue working on this and hopefully some others can help.

That said is there a way to export super.bin as an .img file instead? I think I may be able to flash in Odin if I have an .img file. I am a bit of Android noob so sorry if that's a dumb question.

tagcart

Jul 9, 2016
@tagcart just rename .bin to .img and try to only flash super partition in Odin. Good luck!
Thanks for the help but unfortunately that didn't work. When I flash from Odin I get "sw_rev_check_fail" on the tablet's display even though it says it flashed successful in Odin. I will continue to try and port TWRP on my own. If anyone sees this that has some TWRP experience, I would be grateful for the help!

fire7ly

Apr 16, 2021
India
fire7ly.github.io
I've got both good and bad news for you guys.

Bad news: the official app release has been postponed.

Good news: there's a new updated version available HERE
Enjoy!

@fire7ly please give this new version a try. I'm curious if it still causes error 255 for you. Thanks for feedback!
Sir IM tried it and it give me same error 255 I'm tried your flashable zip from pbrp..
I will try From termux manually hope that work for me...
now error screen shot here

Attachments

• Screenshot_PBRP_2021-09-27-01-29-00.png
    Screenshot_PBRP_2021-09-27-01-29-00.png
    142 KB · Views: 29
  • Wow

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
Sir IM tried it and it give me same error 255 I'm tried your flashable zip from pbrp..
I will try From termux manually hope that work for me...
now error screen shot here
Hi. Thanks for your feedback. Please send me that recovery log file from this folder as well: /sdcard/PBRP/logs/

According to your screenshot it's complaining about unzip problems.
Did you check if unzip binary is available in your recovery? What's the result?
Bash:
adb shell
which unzip

Last edited:

fire7ly

Apr 16, 2021
India
fire7ly.github.io
Hi. Thanks for your feedback. Please send me that recovery log file from this folder as well: /sdcard/PBRP/logs/

According to your screenshot it's complaining about unzip problems.
Did you check if unzip binary is available in your recovery? What's the result?
Bash:
adb shell
which unzip
when this fail I'm run this in system mode but it success but something cause in product and device not more boot..
here your output
adb shell which unzip /sbin/unzip
I'm post my result here too..
Your Xda [SCRIPT THREAD]

• Wow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the one and only, the original, universal
    SystemRW / SuperRW feat. MakeRW / ro2rw by lebigmac

This script removes the read-only lock of all partitions embedded in the super partition of your stock firmware.
    This allows you to mount your device as R/W and fully debloat your device and customize your MIUI experience to make it run as smooth as silk!
    MIUI 12 is great but it has a little bit too much bloatware.

Be very careful and make lots of backups before messing with your System ! One small error could cause irreversible bootloop!

Enjoy debloating and customizing your fully read/write-able Android device! :love:(y)

NOTE: Before launching this script make sure you've got full read/write (rw) access to the /data partition by first decrypting and then mounting /data partition as r/w !

working-jpg.5525671

v1-31d_01-jpg.5309953
    v1-31d_03-jpg.5309957
    @Usama-CW I've sanitised this thread from your post, in which you promoted a banned member. Please refrain from such promotions in future. Thanks for your cooperation.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator
    After copying script folder into /data/local/tmp/
    open command prompt and type this

Bash:
    adb shell

su
    cd /data/local/tmp/systemrw_1.32
    chmod +x ./systemrw.sh
    ./systemrw.sh size=50
    Hi @mørningstαr thanks for your interest in this project. I am working on installer that should make script installation much easier. Hopefully I can release it soon! Wish me luck 🍀
    Hi @Usama-CW.

1) My SystemRW/SuperRW feat. MakeRW script doesn't affect encryption at all. You just have to make sure that /data partition is properly decrypted and mounted before launching my script (y)

Sorry I don't use this useless safetynet feature and to be honest I'm tired of hearing about it. I do all my money transactions in browser app. The good thing about browser app it's not intrusive at all and will not sniff my rooting or selinux status or other personal data (which are none of its business) without my permission unlike some other intrusive apps... If you've got such an intrusive app on your phone then the best thing to do is to uninstall it and look for a non-intrusive alternative.

2) No if you change ROM's you will have to make your device RW again because stock ROM's are read-only by default.

Good luck! (y)