• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[LINKS/GUIDES] Froyo "test ROM" is officially released for the Nexus One!

Search This thread

krabman

Sep 22, 2008
Making a big deal out of nothing here. Chances are good there is no difference between this and the official release, exact same code with an official stamp. Even if there is something different and the more unlikely scenario that it actually matters non rooted users can still ota and rooted users will be there and probably sooner than most ota guys. I cant believe the crying here. There's no crying on xda....

This thread has run its course and leaves me convinced that some people should have their unlocked smartphone privileges revoked.

johnnie93

Apr 19, 2009
Kuwait
Making a big deal out of nothing here. Chances are good there is no difference between this and the official release, exact same code with an official stamp. Even if there is something different and the more unlikely scenario that it actually matters non rooted users can still ota and rooted users will be there and probably sooner than most ota guys. I cant believe the crying here. There's no crying on xda....

This thread has run its course and leaves me convinced that some people should have their unlocked smartphone privileges revoked.

The "official" release will probably fix bugs, but nothing new.. Thats just me anyway

McHale

Nov 18, 2005
B.F.E. Illinois
Don't forget that EVERY Android phone reports in to the Android cloud periodically and tells them what version you are running as well as other things. When they are ready to push out an update more recent than what you are running, they will push to groups based on your current version. It's not just a random process.

And no matter what, once it's official, the URL's for ALL of the possible updates will be quickly documented. I wouldn't worry. If I could find a version of FRF50 for my AT&T N1, I'd do it in a second.

-Mc

slavag

Mar 8, 2010
In the official Nexus One Help & Support Forum there announcement from the Google:
"Hi all,

Thanks for the responses!

Just wanted to give a heads up that the build floating around is not the official Froyo release. You will get an automatic notification when we OTA the build, no need to manually download it. You will still get the automatic notification if the official release is a newer version than the one you have, so don't sweat...but I'd highly recommend waiting for our official release :)

We are striving hard to OTA the build to you ASAP, thanks for your patience!"

lpasq

Feb 14, 2006
In the official Nexus One Help & Support Forum there announcement from the Google:
"Hi all,

Thanks for the responses!

Just wanted to give a heads up that the build floating around is not the official Froyo release. You will get an automatic notification when we OTA the build, no need to manually download it. You will still get the automatic notification if the official release is a newer version than the one you have, so don't sweat...but I'd highly recommend waiting for our official release :)

We are striving hard to OTA the build to you ASAP, thanks for your patience!"

...so, it is an "official test Froyo release" or a "premature release" or "a google error release" ;) ...looking forward to newer version too!

D4nn3r

Mar 9, 2010
ERE36B

I can't get the Froyo to install. I get this error message:

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

--Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop"
, "ro.build.fingerprint") == "google/passion/passion/pas
sion/mahimahi:2.1/ERD79/22607:users/release-keys"
II file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro
.build.fingerprint") == "google/passion/passion/
mahimahi:2.1-update1/ERE27/24178:user/release-ke
ys"
E:Error in sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

My build number is ERE36B. Does the froyo update work with my build?

Wylker

Mar 29, 2010
Just fyi, a tech support guy from google told me that even people with custom recovery (on stock roms) will receive the OTA for 2.2

no idea if he's right, but he seemed really sure about it

Top Liked Posts