[LINKS/GUIDES] Froyo "test ROM" is officially released for the Nexus One!

Search This thread

jcbwng

Dec 6, 2009
Glad that the final froyo is not out yet.

I'm getting a lot of freezes and lockups, sudden requests to reenter SIM code and stuff like that...

Update:
Reinstalled Froyo "testversion / whatever" prerootet version from Mr Modaco :)
Cleared everything up, so maybe some app buggyness crashing everything? :D

Last edited:

abc27

Apr 16, 2010
Been trying FroYo on my Desire for the past few hours. Generally it's stable and speedy but I uninstalled it for two reasons.
1. Stock Android looks unfathomably ugly, how the hell can Nexus One owners cope with it :eek:

2. It did slow down at odd times. The touchscreen felt oddly less responsive and it just overall didn't feel 100% right.

trojanmate

May 27, 2007
Unavailable download link

It seems google deleted the link. Would u please uploaded somewhere else if you have it?

norazi

Mar 30, 2010
Been trying FroYo on my Desire for the past few hours. Generally it's stable and speedy but I uninstalled it for two reasons.
1. Stock Android looks unfathomably ugly, how the hell can Nexus One owners cope with it :eek:

this.. i havent updated to froyo because i dont think i can live without the "app dock" via helix launcher

also need trackball wake

sergey.povzner

May 31, 2010
Bay Area, CA
www.bongizmo.com
Thanks!

Thanks a lot guys for finding this update. I've been using it for a week and a half now and I cannot be happier with it. Don't have any problems, and so many nice additions and fixes in 2.2. The only unexpected behavior I observed was that screen auto-rotate is working worse than in 2.1. Other than that, FRF50 looks like a very solid build to me.

If anybody still hasn't upgraded to 2.2, I expanded instructions from this thread and added screenshots for each step of the update process. The update takes about 10-20 minutes.

[self promotion ON]

I posted the detailed update instructions at my blog: http://www.bongizmo.com/blog/how-to...-one-with-android-2-2-froyo-with-screenshots/

[self promotion OFF]

Last edited:

sergey.povzner

May 31, 2010
Bay Area, CA
www.bongizmo.com
Will take stock Android UI over Sense UI any day. Can't stand Sense UI on EVO. Looks like a bloated junk, while Android stock UI looks much cleaner to me. I guess it depends on which version you got used to with your first Android phone.

cyborg_001

Feb 12, 2010
London, England
Over moderation and froyo messaging woes!

What the hell? Why was my post after post 1583 deleted???
Just cos I used the "p*ss" word? Talk about over-reactive/over-righteous suppression of freedom of expression...sheesh!

Anyway I hate the new white stock messaging app interface on froyo instead of black....also i could earlier enter stock messaging app main page and then link it to handcent if i clicked on a thread...cant do that now!!!

kappawin

Aug 21, 2008
MA questo è l'aggiornamento ufficiale 2.2 di Froyo o è una versione beta?

Is this rom e beta test or a official 2.2 Froyo?

Deliamber

May 26, 2010
Portland, OR
How can I change it back to ERE27 from ERE36B?

From the current first post in the thread- (I can't post links yet)

How to downgrade back to Android 2.1 with a stock N1:
h##p://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6618050&postcount=22

I've not done it myself, but I'd think this would put you back to shipping ERD79, and then you could get update1 to ERE27.

McHale

Nov 18, 2005
B.F.E. Illinois
I think it could seriously be ANY minute/hour now. I think they needed to fix the issue with the market first. Now that that's fixed, we may start seeing it Wednesday.

Just a hunch but it makes sense anyway...

RogerPodacter

Apr 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Maybe Adobe had the right release date all along. They've been saying June 17 for months now. Perhaps that was the internal date Google gave them so view aligned their flash release date with that. I bet that's it. :-(

logger

Dec 11, 2007
I think it could seriously be ANY minute/hour now.
NUP.

"Apologies for keeping everybody waiting. We are not intentionally holding back on Froyo, just improving the overall experience and quality.
I don't have an exact date to share yet, but we are striving hard to OTA it ASAP. Stay tuned!
"

Source = Google Employee, Googles Nexus One Help Forum. Today Jun 9.

Also might clarify for the doubters, that the real OTA will be an improvement to the leaked version.

frozengash

Apr 23, 2010
okay so here is my question. has anyone that loaded this 2.2 update to their stock n1 noticed any battery life differences? i currently enjoy the battery on this beast but then again i remember how horrible 1.5 battery life was!

ram130

Mar 4, 2010
New York, NY
www.everythinglegit.com
okay so here is my question. has anyone that loaded this 2.2 update to their stock n1 noticed any battery life differences? i currently enjoy the battery on this beast but then again i remember how horrible 1.5 battery life was!

with 2 hour usage and some texting....I am now constantly getting around 20 hours battery life..:rolleyes: ..use to get around 10 hours on avg.

Top Liked Posts