[LINKS] Nexus One FRF72

Search This thread

subramanianv

May 23, 2010
I still doubt the final Froyo is released via OTA. The one in the rounds FRF83 is an incremental update for FRF50.

And I haven't seen any FPFXX for the AT&T version N1. The Eclair's build no. is EPE54B on ATT N1. So, I dont think the FRF83 is not final.

But, that does not stop me from running the checkin every 15 mins.

mrbkkt1

Nov 12, 2007
Mililani
www.lostpowercity.net
I still doubt the final Froyo is released via OTA. The one in the rounds FRF83 is an incremental update for FRF50.

And I haven't seen any FPFXX for the AT&T version N1. The Eclair's build no. is EPE54B on ATT N1. So, I dont think the FRF83 is not final.

But, that does not stop me from running the checkin every 15 mins.
still running ere27.1. but I got mine within the first day of google selling he phone, so I was hoping my imei was "low" enough. then again, I ended up updating to 2.1.1 manually anyway.

McHale

Nov 18, 2005
B.F.E. Illinois

Reasons:

1. Only update is from FRF50 or FRF72 to FRF83. NOBODY can provide a link to Google's servers for stock 2.1 to FRF83.
2. FRF83 doesn't contain the Exchange enhancements they bragged about to great fanfare. HUGE oversight.
3. FRF83 is the first version with fingerprinting on paid apps. They need to test this a little before going live.
4. Google hasn't announced the release of the OTA
5. Repeat #1

Rusty!

Jan 10, 2010
Portsmouth
Reasons:

1. Only update is from FRF50 or FRF72 to FRF83. NOBODY can provide a link to Google's servers for stock 2.1 to FRF83.
2. FRF83 doesn't contain the Exchange enhancements they bragged about to great fanfare. HUGE oversight.
3. FRF83 is the first version with fingerprinting on paid apps. They need to test this a little before going live.
4. Google hasn't announced the release of the OTA
5. Repeat #1
Except you didn't cover the bit I was asking about ;)

I've learned what one of the changes since FRF72 is.
Elaborate on this but please :)

McHale

Nov 18, 2005
B.F.E. Illinois
Except you didn't cover the bit I was asking about ;)

Elaborate on this but please :)

from my list:

2. Exchange isn't up to par with what they promised for the final OTA (so lack of change from 72 to 83)

3. 83 is the first build with fingerprinting on paid apps. I'd be VERY surprised if this didn't go through a beta cycle before going public.

D

diversificationied

Rumblings about EVO getting 2.2 real soon.

Rumblings about Droid getting 2.2 real soon.

Rumblings about Nexus getting 2.2 real soon.

Sounds like a coordinated release for froyo.

I can't help but think Google is deliberately holding back because of pressure from it's partners. Sad if true.= /

Rusty!

Jan 10, 2010
Portsmouth
from my list:

2. Exchange isn't up to par with what they promised for the final OTA (so lack of change from 72 to 83)
So it's not that you learned of a change from 72 to 83 after all then?
3. 83 is the first build with fingerprinting on paid apps. I'd be VERY surprised if this didn't go through a beta cycle before going public.
It did, they're called FRF50 & FRF72. They allowed it on the Market because they're sure (or at least sure enough) that there aren't any exploits.

McHale

Nov 18, 2005
B.F.E. Illinois
Rumblings about EVO getting 2.2 real soon.

Rumblings about Droid getting 2.2 real soon.

Rumblings about Nexus getting 2.2 real soon.

Sounds like a coordinated release for froyo.

I can't help but think Google is deliberately holding back because of pressure from it's partners. Sad if true.= /

more sad because they have continually said they weren't doing that. Does anyone else find it odd that Google have been saying "soon" for over a month now but HTC and Motorola are giving very good estimates like "mid July"?

-Mc

pfmiller

May 24, 2010
from my list:
You keep saying this, but it doesn't make much sense to me. Changing the key is not a code change that would need to be tested, I'm sure the relevant code has been well tested and likely hasn't changed much since 2.1. Also, it entirely defeats the purpose of having a separate key for official releases if you issue developer releases that use the production key.

McHale

Nov 18, 2005
B.F.E. Illinois
So it's not that you learned of a change from 72 to 83 after all then?

I'll type slower:

THEY DIDN'T FIX CRITICAL ISSUES BETWEEN 72 AND 83

It did, they're called FRF50 & FRF72. They allowed it on the Market because they're sure (or at least sure enough) that there aren't any exploits.

Fingerprinting of paid apps didn't appear in 50 or 72. It first appeared in 83.

Would you consider THAT a change?

Rusty!

Jan 10, 2010
Portsmouth
Except that was in place for FRF50.

Although what native A2SD has to do with a Market fingerprint I don't know.

McHale

Nov 18, 2005
B.F.E. Illinois
Except that was in place for FRF50.

Although what native A2SD has to do with a Market fingerprint I don't know.

A2SD was, but fingerprinting of the app for your device was not. From what I have read in the developers forums anyway...

Remember, I'm still running stock and am bitter about it. All I have is what I read. You're running the latest so have actual experience with it.

Rusty!

Jan 10, 2010
Portsmouth
Ah I see what you're saying, but that's not how it works :)

The 'fingerprint' is simply the build number being read from the build.prop file. If the Market server reads a build from the file that isn't on it's list... no protected apps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    md5sum ... someone ?

i haven't found a sum anywhere, does someone have one ? i'd rather not flash an -uh-oh- ;-)