[LinOS][M][N] OPO 3.10 kernel (27/05)

Search This thread

MexiDroid

Mar 13, 2013
Like nikhil said. It has nothing to do with the kernel.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA-Developers mobile app
So weird
With caf kernelx u only have up to 2secs of slow shutter in opo (sultan said he cannot make 65secs of slow shutte i dont remember why)
With cm kernel u have up to 64 secs os slow shutter in opo
I will try it but my question was
How many secs i have of slow shutter?

But with sultan u have 60fps non slow mo but only 2secs of slow shutter
With other roms u dont have 60fps non slow mo
But u have up to 64secs of slow shutter
Enviado desde mi A0001 mediante Tapatalk

gerciolisz

So weird
With caf kernelx u only have up to 2secs of slow shutter in opo (sultan said he cannot make 65secs of slow shutte i dont remember why)
With cm kernel u have up to 64 secs os slow shutter in opo
I will try it but my question was
How many secs i have of slow shutter?

But with sultan u have 60fps non slow mo but only 2secs of slow shutter
With other roms u dont have 60fps non slow mo
But u have up to 64secs of slow shutter
Enviado desde mi A0001 mediante Tapatalk
As others said it depends on Hals and blobs used in ROM not the kernel itself. Try other roms but read what features they have.

Reactions: MexiDroid

Mecca EL

Dec 26, 2014
Raleigh
OnePlus 5T
Updated to CM14.1 on Monday, and have been 90% pleased with how well it's running. Theming and xposed aside, I decided to be a crash test dummy, and run my favorite kernel compiled by @erorcun and enhanced by @idprophecy. Thanks to @blkscorp3 for confirming this kernel works on Nougat.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161118-083754.png
    Screenshot_20161118-083754.png
    139.9 KB · Views: 330
Reactions: KenjiHannya

Blackscorpion3

May 1, 2016
Hell
Google Pixel 7
Updated to CM14.1 on Monday, and have been 90% pleased with how well it's running. Theming and xposed aside, I decided to be a crash test dummy, and run my favorite kernel compiled by @erorcun and enhanced by @idprophecy. Thanks to @blkscorp3 for confirming this kernel works on Nougat.

No problem @Mecca EL. @idprophecy and @erorcun I have been running the current 3.10 kernel, dated 11/06 on CM14.1 for two days, I have not had any reboots, or issues at all. WiFi, and Bluetooth are working flawlessly. Thank you very much for the kernel. And glad to see that you guys didn't give up on those of use who do appreciate your time with this kernel.

Reactions: KenjiHannya

KenjiHannya

Dec 31, 2014
São Paulo
No problem @Mecca EL. @idprophecy and @erorcun I have been running the current 3.10 kernel, dated 11/06 on CM14.1 for two days, I have not had any reboots, or issues at all. WiFi, and Bluetooth are working flawlessly. Thank you very much for the kernel. And glad to see that you guys didn't give up on those of use who do appreciate your time with this kernel.

Please, can u send link to download 06 november?

Mecca EL

Dec 26, 2014
Raleigh
OnePlus 5T
And I don't know what's in CM14.1 Nov 18th nightly, with @idprophecy updated tool chain, but USBotg is now working!!!

Edit, I installed the wrong kernel. Tested the latest from @idprophecy and everything but OTG is working. Still lightning fast though

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161118-185940.png
    Screenshot_20161118-185940.png
    70.7 KB · Views: 225
  • Screenshot_20161118-185932.png
    Screenshot_20161118-185932.png
    108.6 KB · Views: 229
  • Screenshot_20161118-190023.png
    Screenshot_20161118-190023.png
    139.5 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:

fmc000

Jan 18, 2008
Just to confirm that latest @idprophecy 3.10 kernel works fine on Slim7, apart for USB-OTG of course.
@erorcun : we know that you're pissed off with this project but it would be nice to have OTG working.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mecca EL

erorcun

Oct 14, 2012
Just to confirm that latest @idprophecy 3.10 kernel works fine on Slim7, apart for USB-OTG of course.
@erorcun : we know that you're pissed off with this project but it would be nice to have OTG working.

I'll try to fix it today or tomorrow. It's already in my mind. Hope it will work.

It's pleasant to see Wifi is working on cm14.1. Thanks to everyone who test.

fmc000

Jan 18, 2008
I'll try to fix it today or tomorrow. It's already in my mind. Hope it will work.

WiFi works fine on Slim 7 too.

Edit: unfortunately I had to rollback to the default ROM kernel, I'm sorry to confirm that 3.10 suffers from too many random reboots (three this afternoon).

Last edited:
Reactions: erorcun

Blackscorpion3

May 1, 2016
Hell
Google Pixel 7

Edit: unfortunately I had to rollback to the default ROM kernel, I'm sorry to confirm that 3.10 suffers from too many random reboots (three this afternoon).

I haven't had any reboots on CM14.1 nightly, everything has been working great. @erorcun hope you can fix OTG, as that will make this the best kernel, hands down.

Reactions: Mecca EL

idprophecy

Feb 23, 2012
Slovakia

Yes, I haven't been running this kernel too since it reboots randomly a lot and it is no longer updated to have it for testing purposes. Better to stay on stable kernels. @Mecca EL and @Blackscorpion3 are so lucky.

Mecca EL

Dec 26, 2014
Raleigh
OnePlus 5T
Yes, I haven't been running this kernel too since it reboots randomly a lot and it is no longer updated to have it for testing purposes. Better to stay on stable kernels. @Mecca EL and @Blackscorpion3 are so lucky.
I'm on the the latest tool chain update, and had a few reboots. I'm going to roll back to the 3.10 you compiled from the 11-06-2016 date.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161119-184224.png
    Screenshot_20161119-184224.png
    139.5 KB · Views: 341

fmc000

Jan 18, 2008
I haven't had any reboots on CM14.1 nightly, everything has been working great. @erorcun hope you can fix OTG, as that will make this the best kernel, hands down.
Maybe you just haven't noticed them because they happen when idle mostly. I know if them only because I have face unlock enabled and it prints a message after every reboot (it forces you to use a different authentication method the first time after a reboot).

Inviato dal mio SM-T719 utilizzando Tapatalk

Blackscorpion3

May 1, 2016
Hell
Google Pixel 7
Maybe you just haven't noticed them because they happen when idle mostly. I know if them only because I have face unlock enabled and it prints a message after every reboot (it forces you to use a different authentication method the first time after a reboot).

Inviato dal mio SM-T719 utilizzando Tapatalk

My phone is in my hand 90% of the day, everyday. Again, I have not seen a reboot yet with the 3.10 kernel and talking with @Mecca EL he has only seen one.
I appreciate @idprophecy and @erorcun work on this kernel, and would love to see it move forward.

codgician

Aug 13, 2013
Chengdu
codgician.me
OnePlus 8T
Really appreciate you and @idprophecy 's work. The Nov 24 build runs flawlessly with CM14.1 on OPO. I kind of need kernel 3.10 because it supports TCP Fast Open. OTG doesn't work but that's okay for me. Haven't encountered any unexpected reboot after few days' using.

Mecca EL

Dec 26, 2014
Raleigh
OnePlus 5T
Really appreciate you and @idprophecy 's work. The Nov 24 build runs flawlessly with CM14.1 on OPO. I kind of need kernel 3.10 because it supports TCP Fast Open. OTG doesn't work but that's okay for me. Haven't encountered any unexpected reboot after few days' using.

Check the link in my comment here - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=68282367&postcount=668
@idprophecy has two updated tool chain versions for 3.4 and 3.10. Both are lightning fast and run great. If 3.10 reboots, tinker with the kernel settings a bit. I haven't had any reboots on the latest version, I left it as is.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys,

Some of you guys will recognise me, I was trying to make progress on Sultan's 3.10 kernel on his topic. After a while I've wanted to do that from scratch, in new base, and now I can say it's done.

This kernel is the one all recent flagships' use. Also 3.10 kernels' support will end in Oct. 2017, while 3.4 ones will end in Apr. 2017.
    In theory it should have better memory management, less battery consumption etc. It took me about 7-8 months to come to this point.

Currently everything works.

Extra features

* KCAL
    * 6 new governors
    * Touchscreen driver has been updated and optimized - also S2W added, you can find it in Kernel Aduitor
    * Works with pelya's USB Keyboard app.
    * New charger driver features:

They're placed in: /sys/devices/qpnp-charger-ed443000
    You need to reach them from some terminal app or adb shell.

threea_charge

Making it 1 will activate experimental 2.5A charge. It's triggered if AICL mA is 2000(if you're not sure about AICL mA, simply disable AICL by below parameter), temperature is appropriate and screen is off.
    Only use if you have 2.5A or above charger. Don't use QC's Quick Charge adapters.
    Untested, but can't damage your phone.

disable_aicl

Making it 1 will disable AICL and charger driver will always try to take 2A from your AC/wall charger (there's no problem if you charger isn't 2A)
    You need to replug adapter to see the effect.

max_aicl_rate

Max. charge current. (Not exactly if it's below 0 Celsius)
    It should be one of those: 100,150,500,900,1200,1500,2000. Other values will be rounded. Values below then 100 and higher then 2000 won't be accepted.
    Has no effect if AICL is disabled via above parameter.
    If threea_charge is enabled and this parameter is 2000, max current will be 2.5A.

fast_usb_charge Can also be found in Kernel Aduitor

Making it 1 will charge your phone through 900 mA if it's charging via USB port.

charge_limit

It only accepts values between 0-100. Charger driver will cap charge percent to entered value. It's known that capping it to 50-60 percent increases battery life.
    Making it 100 will revert the effect.

soft_aicl_vol

It must be between 4350 and 5000.
    Default is OP2 value (4465 - but algorithm is different from LinOS and you shouldn't directly enter Sultan's or LinOS's value).
    Don't change that if you don't know what it is.

Ramdisk changes
    Last update: 17-02-2017

in fstab.bacon:
    * F2FS filesystems must be mounted without noatime option.
    * "/devices/platform/xhci-hcd" --> "/devices/*/xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb";
    * "voldmanaged=usbdisk:auto" --> "voldmanaged=usb:auto";

in init.bacon.rc:
    * qcom_oncrpc must be removed from loc_launcher (this is CM's mistake)
    * netmgrd must also have system group
    * qmuxd's user must be changed to root
    in init.qcom.power.rc/init.recovery.bacon.rc:
    * cpubw.40 must be changed to cpubw.47

These are only things different than CM ramdisk right now.

in anykernel patch format (all credits goes to @idprophecy)
    ## 3.10 ramdisk fixes

# fstab

if [ -f fstab.bacon ]; then
    fstab="fstab.bacon";
    backup_file $fstab;
    elif [ -f fstab.qcom ]; then
    fstab="fstab.qcom";
    backup_file $fstab;
    fi;

if [ -n $fstab ]; then
    replace_string $fstab "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata /data f2fs nosuid" "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata /data f2fs noatime,nosuid" "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata /data f2fs nosuid";
    replace_string $fstab "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/cache /cache f2fs nosuid" "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/cache /cache f2fs noatime,nosuid" "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/cache /cache f2fs nosuid";
    replace_string $fstab "/devices/*/xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb" "/devices/platform/xhci-hcd" "/devices/*/xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb";
    replace_string $fstab "voldmanaged=usb:auto" "voldmanaged=usbdisk:auto" "voldmanaged=usb:auto";
    fi;

# init.recovery.bacon.rc

if [ -f init.recovery.bacon.rc ]; then
    qcomrecovery="init.recovery.bacon.rc";
    backup_file $qcomrecovery;
    fi;

if [ -n $qcomrecovery ]; then
    replace_string $qcomrecovery "cpubw.47" "cpubw.40" "cpubw.47";
    fi;

# init.qcom.power.rc

if [ -f init.qcom.power.rc ]; then
    qcompower="init.qcom.power.rc";
    backup_file $qcompower;
    fi;

if [ -n $qcompower ]; then
    replace_string $qcompower "cpubw.47" "cpubw.40" "cpubw.47";
    fi;

# init.bacon.rc

if [ -f init.bacon.rc ]; then
    qcomdevice="init.bacon.rc";
    backup_file $qcomdevice;
    elif [ -f init.oppo.common.rc ]; then
    qcomdevice="init.oppo.common.rc";
    backup_file $qcomdevice;
    fi;

if [ -n $qcomdevice ]; then
    replace_string $qcomdevice "# loc_launcher qcom_oncrps not needed" " group gps qcom_oncrpc inet" " # loc_launcher qcom_oncrps not neededn group gps inet";
    replace_string_multiline $qcomdevice "# fix netmgrd service" "service netmgrd /system/bin/netmgrdn class mainn user rootn group radio" "service netmgrd /system/bin/netmgrdn class mainn user rootn # fix netmgrd servicen group radio system";
    replace_string_multiline $qcomdevice "# fix qmuxd service" "service qmuxd /system/bin/qmuxdn class mainn user radio" "service qmuxd /system/bin/qmuxdn class mainn # fix qmuxd servicen user root";
    fi;

## 3.10 ramdisk fixes

Downloads

Code:
    Nobody knows is your warrant is still valid.
    Also it's suspicious is there any warranty for OPO.

After you started to use this kernel, I'm not resposible for anything happened to your device.

* Encryption works but I cannot guarantee that it won't cause any data loss.
    * They're all AnyKernel.

* There will be two types of build after 19/05, one with CM camera driver, one with CAF/Sultan camera driver.

27-05-2017:
    With CM camera: https://www.mediafire.com/?7z672wl1y6xy275
    With CAF/Sultan camera: https://www.mediafire.com/?sts35t5hd5ca3xr

19-05-2017:
    With CM camera driver: https://www.mediafire.com/?4pkk3co7290lx1l
    With CAF/Sultan camera driver: https://www.mediafire.com/?hohbwk9l805nrn0

09-04-2017: http://www.mediafire.com/file/h2k3moy0s6mxiht/09042017kernel.zip

A little nostalgia :p (It's too buggy, you have been warned)
    26-08-2016: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6j5xw1j1lel1tra/260816kernel310.zip

Source code link is available bottom of this post.

Technical side

* It is based on LA.BF.2.1.2
    * You can use both LA.BF and LA.BR prima, I'm using LA.BF one with some LA.BR commits.
    * Tspp driver was causing bootloop, so i've disabled it. And I don't know is it used at all, it's disabled in apq8084 devices (like nexus 6) even.
    * I'm compiling it with GCC 4.8. I've switched to Uber 6.0 after 09-01 build.
    * KGSL drivers is pretty messed up after 30-08 build. It's my fault.
    * And compiled DT is in in arch/arm/boot, it was different in 3.4 I think.

Pull requests are welcome.

You can use use/fork/develop this but you should give credit for 3.10 kernel on your releases.

Did you like my work?

I appreciate all the donations, it will keep me motivated, also I'm a student so it will help me in my life :)
    Addendum: PayPal has been banned from my country, if PayPal denies your transaction and if you want to donate, I can give you my IBAN.

Credits
    Sultan - this kernel would be impossible without his helps & his first 3.10 kernel attempt.
    Ra1nst0rm - for helping me to upload repo - releasing this would be impossible due to creeping internet in here.
    Mecca UL & idprophecy - for their insane effort to test and improve this kernel =)

XDA:DevDB Information
    OnePlus One 3.10 kernel, Kernel for the OnePlus One

Contributors
    erorcun, Sultanxda
    Source Code: https://github.com/erorcun/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8974-3.10

Kernel Special Features: 3.10 kernel - better memory management and battery consumption in theory

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1.0

Created 2016-05-14
    Last Updated 2017-05-27
    Hi guys, after a long journey I release first stable version today. Probably there won't be frequent releases anymore because nothing much to do left. Thanks to everyone who contribute and test :)

Things I've done in a week:

- Cell standby drain fixed
    It was happening if wifi got activated while mobile data is open, thanks to @spanish33 for reporting
    - Most of kernel has synced with upstream 3.10
    Net stack has seen an overhaul, CAF's mobile data could work now, but if won't I have nothing else to do.
    Memory management also seen a big improvement.
    - We're using OnePlus 3 fuelgauger(battery reading) driver now
    Because Oppo one was a mess and I don't trust CM one
    - Some latest important CM commits imported
    - Some people reported not detected gestures and panels that's not resuming, these should be fixed
    Touchscreen driver is final now, I won't touch it anymore
    - WCNSS stack has changed and there is no more warnings on logs and boot is faster also.
    - Prima has some new 3.10 commits
    It's not completely same with CM's LA.BF branch Prima anymore,
    but if anyone wants, can use it with LA.BF prima since the kernel is compatible with both LA.BR and LA.BF Prima.
    - Defconfig has seen an overhaul
    All possible USB devices should work now, also useless debug things got removed
    - I gave up using old touchscreen firmware, latest ones are better
    - If there were an extra battery drain after watching video, it's also fixed

And beside I think mobile data on CAF fixed I also think CAF camera focus should be fixed too. I will try to release CAF version today, if I won't be able, I will release tomorrow.

Also .diff and anykernel patch that can be applied to ramdisk is available on OP.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3dmeld1xdyasptj/bacon3.10(s2).zip

Do not try on encrypted phone.
    idprophecy will post anykernel version soon and I will put it to OP.
    Yes.

Guys, I'm back. I will prepare the environment as soon as possible in this PC and will continue to develop it.
    I've began making my custom kernel also but I don't when I will finish it.
    Hey, there is a new version :p This time in anykernel, so it works with COS.

Battery driver updated with latest OP3 one, synced with CM commits, there is a fix in binder and improvements in gpu driver.
    Also I can confirm it works in enforced selinux, atleast with anykernel. But I will give anykernel link this time anyhow.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6j5xw1j1lel1tra/260816kernel310.zip

I'm testing it only for a hour, so there can be reboots, I don't know.
    All sound problems are fixed.

It became even better than before if you ask me :p

All feedbacks are welcomed.

--------

Did Sultans 3.10 kernel have sound?

I think it never had sound.