[LinOS][M][N] OPO 3.10 kernel (27/05)

Search This thread

Mecca EL

Dec 26, 2014
Raleigh
OnePlus 5T
That's really cool. The only thing keeping me from using this awesome kernel are the games. It can't run the majority of the game you throw at it.
It's probably because you're rooted. Some games have root check now, and will FC if root is discovered. Other games work fine

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170606-205347.jpg
    Screenshot_20170606-205347.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 858
  • Screenshot_20170606-205628.jpg
    Screenshot_20170606-205628.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 859

natheux

Jul 7, 2013
between 0 & 1
Old or new games (check the screenshot), they are working well on 3.10 kernel. And I'm rooted with Magisk and Magisk Hide isn't activated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170607-095253.jpg
    Screenshot_20170607-095253.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 294

Mecca EL

Dec 26, 2014
Raleigh
OnePlus 5T
Try Sonic surge, dead ringer,...
The 3.10 kernel is hand built by @erorcun, so there are still areas of its integrity that requires some addressing, whenever he can get to it. As it stands 3.10 will neither pass nor fail a SafetyNet check, so games that now look for this check, will crash upon verification. But 3.4 kernel, which was the last kernel meant for our devices, will pass those checks, for those games looking for SafetyNet verification.

Is this the Sonic...game you're referring to? Runs fine for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170607-092423.jpg
    Screenshot_20170607-092423.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 268
  • Screenshot_20170607-092431.jpg
    Screenshot_20170607-092431.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 272
  • Screenshot_20170607-093117.png
    Screenshot_20170607-093117.png
    169.7 KB · Views: 270

quimbexa

Aug 10, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
The 3.10 kernel is hand built by @erorcun, so there are still areas of its integrity that requires some addressing, whenever he can get to it. As it stands 3.10 will neither pass nor fail a SafetyNet check, so games that now look for this check, will crash upon verification. But 3.4 kernel, which was the last kernel meant for our devices, will pass those checks, for those games looking for SafetyNet verification.

Is this the Sonic...game you're referring to? Runs fine for me.
That's right. Could you run it using 3.10? How? Using 3.4 I disabled magisk hide and I could still run it, so I don't understand.

Last edited:

Mettafox

May 21, 2012
Lisboa
Where I can find the Sultan blobs for N roms (LineageOS 14.1 based)?
Is anyway to someone provide a flashable ZIP with the Sultan blobs for N roms?

Beep-Bop

Mar 17, 2017
"Additional Buttons" really needed?

Ps: Lineage stock

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170624-121532-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20170624-121532-01.jpeg
    32.4 KB · Views: 395
Last edited:

Mr.Ak

Jan 14, 2015
*RESTRICTED AREA*
Battery life with this kernel on DU 10.6- 6hrs sot
Device was on Wi-Fi and airplane mode all the time because I was in an area where my carrier doesn't work correctly.
Used- YouTube, XDA browsing..mostly...
@erorcun , Heartiest request- please continue maintaining and updating this kernel..
This kernel is what people thought will never be fixed after sultan stopped working on it.(read last pages of sultan's CAF 3.10 kernel thread,from where all the development of 3.10 began for bacon).
Also,try fixing Kcal issue if you get time.Lemme know if you need any logcats if you're free now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170706-065133.png
    Screenshot_20170706-065133.png
    142.2 KB · Views: 326
  • Screenshot_20170706-065149.png
    Screenshot_20170706-065149.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 324
  • Screenshot_20170706-065157.png
    Screenshot_20170706-065157.png
    76 KB · Views: 329

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys,

Some of you guys will recognise me, I was trying to make progress on Sultan's 3.10 kernel on his topic. After a while I've wanted to do that from scratch, in new base, and now I can say it's done.

This kernel is the one all recent flagships' use. Also 3.10 kernels' support will end in Oct. 2017, while 3.4 ones will end in Apr. 2017.
    In theory it should have better memory management, less battery consumption etc. It took me about 7-8 months to come to this point.

Currently everything works.

Extra features

* KCAL
    * 6 new governors
    * Touchscreen driver has been updated and optimized - also S2W added, you can find it in Kernel Aduitor
    * Works with pelya's USB Keyboard app.
    * New charger driver features:

They're placed in: /sys/devices/qpnp-charger-ed443000
    You need to reach them from some terminal app or adb shell.

threea_charge

Making it 1 will activate experimental 2.5A charge. It's triggered if AICL mA is 2000(if you're not sure about AICL mA, simply disable AICL by below parameter), temperature is appropriate and screen is off.
    Only use if you have 2.5A or above charger. Don't use QC's Quick Charge adapters.
    Untested, but can't damage your phone.

disable_aicl

Making it 1 will disable AICL and charger driver will always try to take 2A from your AC/wall charger (there's no problem if you charger isn't 2A)
    You need to replug adapter to see the effect.

max_aicl_rate

Max. charge current. (Not exactly if it's below 0 Celsius)
    It should be one of those: 100,150,500,900,1200,1500,2000. Other values will be rounded. Values below then 100 and higher then 2000 won't be accepted.
    Has no effect if AICL is disabled via above parameter.
    If threea_charge is enabled and this parameter is 2000, max current will be 2.5A.

fast_usb_charge Can also be found in Kernel Aduitor

Making it 1 will charge your phone through 900 mA if it's charging via USB port.

charge_limit

It only accepts values between 0-100. Charger driver will cap charge percent to entered value. It's known that capping it to 50-60 percent increases battery life.
    Making it 100 will revert the effect.

soft_aicl_vol

It must be between 4350 and 5000.
    Default is OP2 value (4465 - but algorithm is different from LinOS and you shouldn't directly enter Sultan's or LinOS's value).
    Don't change that if you don't know what it is.

Ramdisk changes
    Last update: 17-02-2017

in fstab.bacon:
    * F2FS filesystems must be mounted without noatime option.
    * "/devices/platform/xhci-hcd" --> "/devices/*/xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb";
    * "voldmanaged=usbdisk:auto" --> "voldmanaged=usb:auto";

in init.bacon.rc:
    * qcom_oncrpc must be removed from loc_launcher (this is CM's mistake)
    * netmgrd must also have system group
    * qmuxd's user must be changed to root
    in init.qcom.power.rc/init.recovery.bacon.rc:
    * cpubw.40 must be changed to cpubw.47

These are only things different than CM ramdisk right now.

in anykernel patch format (all credits goes to @idprophecy)
    ## 3.10 ramdisk fixes

# fstab

if [ -f fstab.bacon ]; then
    fstab="fstab.bacon";
    backup_file $fstab;
    elif [ -f fstab.qcom ]; then
    fstab="fstab.qcom";
    backup_file $fstab;
    fi;

if [ -n $fstab ]; then
    replace_string $fstab "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata /data f2fs nosuid" "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata /data f2fs noatime,nosuid" "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata /data f2fs nosuid";
    replace_string $fstab "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/cache /cache f2fs nosuid" "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/cache /cache f2fs noatime,nosuid" "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/cache /cache f2fs nosuid";
    replace_string $fstab "/devices/*/xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb" "/devices/platform/xhci-hcd" "/devices/*/xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb";
    replace_string $fstab "voldmanaged=usb:auto" "voldmanaged=usbdisk:auto" "voldmanaged=usb:auto";
    fi;

# init.recovery.bacon.rc

if [ -f init.recovery.bacon.rc ]; then
    qcomrecovery="init.recovery.bacon.rc";
    backup_file $qcomrecovery;
    fi;

if [ -n $qcomrecovery ]; then
    replace_string $qcomrecovery "cpubw.47" "cpubw.40" "cpubw.47";
    fi;

# init.qcom.power.rc

if [ -f init.qcom.power.rc ]; then
    qcompower="init.qcom.power.rc";
    backup_file $qcompower;
    fi;

if [ -n $qcompower ]; then
    replace_string $qcompower "cpubw.47" "cpubw.40" "cpubw.47";
    fi;

# init.bacon.rc

if [ -f init.bacon.rc ]; then
    qcomdevice="init.bacon.rc";
    backup_file $qcomdevice;
    elif [ -f init.oppo.common.rc ]; then
    qcomdevice="init.oppo.common.rc";
    backup_file $qcomdevice;
    fi;

if [ -n $qcomdevice ]; then
    replace_string $qcomdevice "# loc_launcher qcom_oncrps not needed" " group gps qcom_oncrpc inet" " # loc_launcher qcom_oncrps not neededn group gps inet";
    replace_string_multiline $qcomdevice "# fix netmgrd service" "service netmgrd /system/bin/netmgrdn class mainn user rootn group radio" "service netmgrd /system/bin/netmgrdn class mainn user rootn # fix netmgrd servicen group radio system";
    replace_string_multiline $qcomdevice "# fix qmuxd service" "service qmuxd /system/bin/qmuxdn class mainn user radio" "service qmuxd /system/bin/qmuxdn class mainn # fix qmuxd servicen user root";
    fi;

## 3.10 ramdisk fixes

Downloads

Code:
    Nobody knows is your warrant is still valid.
    Also it's suspicious is there any warranty for OPO.

After you started to use this kernel, I'm not resposible for anything happened to your device.

* Encryption works but I cannot guarantee that it won't cause any data loss.
    * They're all AnyKernel.

* There will be two types of build after 19/05, one with CM camera driver, one with CAF/Sultan camera driver.

27-05-2017:
    With CM camera: https://www.mediafire.com/?7z672wl1y6xy275
    With CAF/Sultan camera: https://www.mediafire.com/?sts35t5hd5ca3xr

19-05-2017:
    With CM camera driver: https://www.mediafire.com/?4pkk3co7290lx1l
    With CAF/Sultan camera driver: https://www.mediafire.com/?hohbwk9l805nrn0

09-04-2017: http://www.mediafire.com/file/h2k3moy0s6mxiht/09042017kernel.zip

A little nostalgia :p (It's too buggy, you have been warned)
    26-08-2016: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6j5xw1j1lel1tra/260816kernel310.zip

Source code link is available bottom of this post.

Technical side

* It is based on LA.BF.2.1.2
    * You can use both LA.BF and LA.BR prima, I'm using LA.BF one with some LA.BR commits.
    * Tspp driver was causing bootloop, so i've disabled it. And I don't know is it used at all, it's disabled in apq8084 devices (like nexus 6) even.
    * I'm compiling it with GCC 4.8. I've switched to Uber 6.0 after 09-01 build.
    * KGSL drivers is pretty messed up after 30-08 build. It's my fault.
    * And compiled DT is in in arch/arm/boot, it was different in 3.4 I think.

Pull requests are welcome.

You can use use/fork/develop this but you should give credit for 3.10 kernel on your releases.

Did you like my work?

I appreciate all the donations, it will keep me motivated, also I'm a student so it will help me in my life :)
    Addendum: PayPal has been banned from my country, if PayPal denies your transaction and if you want to donate, I can give you my IBAN.

Credits
    Sultan - this kernel would be impossible without his helps & his first 3.10 kernel attempt.
    Ra1nst0rm - for helping me to upload repo - releasing this would be impossible due to creeping internet in here.
    Mecca UL & idprophecy - for their insane effort to test and improve this kernel =)

XDA:DevDB Information
    OnePlus One 3.10 kernel, Kernel for the OnePlus One

Contributors
    erorcun, Sultanxda
    Source Code: https://github.com/erorcun/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8974-3.10

Kernel Special Features: 3.10 kernel - better memory management and battery consumption in theory

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1.0

Created 2016-05-14
    Last Updated 2017-05-27
    Hi guys, after a long journey I release first stable version today. Probably there won't be frequent releases anymore because nothing much to do left. Thanks to everyone who contribute and test :)

Things I've done in a week:

- Cell standby drain fixed
    It was happening if wifi got activated while mobile data is open, thanks to @spanish33 for reporting
    - Most of kernel has synced with upstream 3.10
    Net stack has seen an overhaul, CAF's mobile data could work now, but if won't I have nothing else to do.
    Memory management also seen a big improvement.
    - We're using OnePlus 3 fuelgauger(battery reading) driver now
    Because Oppo one was a mess and I don't trust CM one
    - Some latest important CM commits imported
    - Some people reported not detected gestures and panels that's not resuming, these should be fixed
    Touchscreen driver is final now, I won't touch it anymore
    - WCNSS stack has changed and there is no more warnings on logs and boot is faster also.
    - Prima has some new 3.10 commits
    It's not completely same with CM's LA.BF branch Prima anymore,
    but if anyone wants, can use it with LA.BF prima since the kernel is compatible with both LA.BR and LA.BF Prima.
    - Defconfig has seen an overhaul
    All possible USB devices should work now, also useless debug things got removed
    - I gave up using old touchscreen firmware, latest ones are better
    - If there were an extra battery drain after watching video, it's also fixed

And beside I think mobile data on CAF fixed I also think CAF camera focus should be fixed too. I will try to release CAF version today, if I won't be able, I will release tomorrow.

Also .diff and anykernel patch that can be applied to ramdisk is available on OP.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3dmeld1xdyasptj/bacon3.10(s2).zip

Do not try on encrypted phone.
    idprophecy will post anykernel version soon and I will put it to OP.
    Yes.

Guys, I'm back. I will prepare the environment as soon as possible in this PC and will continue to develop it.
    I've began making my custom kernel also but I don't when I will finish it.
    Hey, there is a new version :p This time in anykernel, so it works with COS.

Battery driver updated with latest OP3 one, synced with CM commits, there is a fix in binder and improvements in gpu driver.
    Also I can confirm it works in enforced selinux, atleast with anykernel. But I will give anykernel link this time anyhow.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6j5xw1j1lel1tra/260816kernel310.zip

I'm testing it only for a hour, so there can be reboots, I don't know.
    All sound problems are fixed.

It became even better than before if you ask me :p

All feedbacks are welcomed.

--------

Did Sultans 3.10 kernel have sound?

I think it never had sound.