• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LiquidSmooth-Kitkat-v3.0-NIGHTLY 19/12/2013[UNOFFICIAL]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

cannondaleV2000

Mar 24, 2013
aas2.png

Thank u to the Liquid Team for continuing this project!

Many credits go to CyanogenMod for their device trees and their code that was incorporated into this project.

Downloads and installation
+ Download the ROM
+ Download the (Recommended) GApps
+ Copy the ROM to the SD
+ Copy the GApps to the SD
+ Install the ROM and the GApps
+ If you are already in LiquidSmooth, do a cache wipe and dalvik cache wipe
+ If you come from any other ROM, do a wipe data / format system
+ Reboot :)

CREDITS

LIQUIDSMOOTH TEAM and everyone they are involved with!

chainfire for root!

MEET THE TEAM

Liquid0624

Deadman96385

jsnweitzel

Somber73

TheBr0ken

Cdub50

Sat this one out

Donations are always appreciated

Liquid0624

XDA:DevDB Information
LiquidSmooth, a ROM for the HTC One S

Contributors
phoenixita
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: 2.15

Version Information

Created 2013-12-19
Last Updated 2013-12-29

phoenixita

Apr 7, 2011
Civitavecchia
Reserved

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319197376
I've not tested it!
Let me know! Use Flemmard's recovery.

BUGS
I've flashed it using TWRP (the modded version) and PA GAPPS (full package as recommended on LS's Facebook page. Gone through initial setup, everything went smooth. Started to setup accounts and play with the settings. I've switched the dark mode on then started with the settings. What I've found so far:

- I LOVE the boot animation. It is great
- the sources are probably synchronized with latest CM1 nightly since the USB computer connection/mass storage/MTP is present in the Storage menu (this was added to CM11 in latest nightly 20131218)
- trying to access volume settings give FC in Settings. So the volume can be changed only via vol buttons that brings up the expandable panel. But the other options remain inaccessible (like the capability to set different volumes for notifications and ring) for now
- ROM seems incredibly smooth. Don't know what those guys do but always LiquidSmooth was incredible in this aspect. No lag, everything opens quick, liquid almost
- unfortunately when I first left the phone entering sleep, I could not wake it anymore. I think phoenixita mentioned this for one of the other ROMs...screen remain blank (not the backlight, the whole screen) and only soft buttons lit. Couldn't do anything else but powering off the device and started up again
- upon startup...lots of process com.android.sistemui FCs. I barely could power it off again. Restarted few times...same thing. Restarted to recovery, wiped cache and after optimizing apps the FCs started again.

Well that's my short experience with it, I've also played with the basic apps like Mail, Gmail, Calendar, Dialer, Contacts, Maps and so on, all are working (at least how long I've played with them)

Edit: I see others noticed the wake-up/sistemui FC as well. I'll try what phoenixita suggests. Dirty flashing over BeanStalk could be an option? Nevermind...I'll try it anyways

Last edited:
Reactions: actinhic and _kevn_

phoenixita

Apr 7, 2011
Civitavecchia
The ROM is very fast and smooth but I miss the support for German or other languages

Sent from my HTC One S with Tapatalk 4

LS is only in english you can use morelocale2 but you won't hve full traslations! I'm italian and searching the net and asking To teamliquid they won't support other languages cause they have no time! Language pack were available for LS 4.2.2 and $doryd$ joined the teamliquid to port languages but it was just for 4.2!

Hai96

Mar 16, 2013
OnePlus 6
Ok, Thanks!

But there is one big Bug, if you want to wake up your device from standby the display won't turn on, only the buttons are lighting. If you reboot you will get a forced systemui FC bootloop.

phoenixita

Apr 7, 2011
Civitavecchia
Ok, Thanks!

But there is one big Bug, if you want to wake up your device from standby the display won't turn on, only the buttons are lighting. If you reboot you will get a forced systemui FC bootloop.

Not here too! DAMN! Try dirty flashing over a cm11....and see if it works as a workaround. There is something wrong with our device/device-common trees!
I mean flash cm11 let it boot and then flash liquid over it with gapps!

Last edited:

Rapier

Recognized Contributor
Jun 23, 2008
Bucharest
HTC One S
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
I've flashed it using TWRP (the modded version) and PA GAPPS (full package as recommended on LS's Facebook page. Gone through initial setup, everything went smooth. Started to setup accounts and play with the settings. I've switched the dark mode on then started with the settings. What I've found so far:

- the sources are probably synchronized with latest CM1 nightly since the USB computer connection/mass storage/MTP is present in the Storage menu (this was added to CM11 in latest nightly 20131218)
- trying to access volume settings give FC in Settings. So the volume can be changed only via vol buttons that brings up the expandable panel. But the other options remain inaccessible (like the capability to set different volumes for notifications and ring) for now
- ROM seems incredibly smooth. Don't know what those guys do but always LiquidSmooth was incredible in this aspect. No lag, everything opens quick, liquid almost
- unfortunately when I first left the phone entering sleep, I could not wake it anymore. I think phoenixita mentioned this for one of the other ROMs...screen remain blank (not the backlight, the whole screen) and only soft buttons lit. Couldn't do anything else but powering off the device and started up again
- upon startup...lots of process com.android.sistemui FCs. I barely could power it off again. Restarted few times...same thing. Restarted to recovery, wiped cache and after optimizing apps the FCs started again.

Well that's my short experience with it, I've also played with the basic apps like Mail, Gmail, Calendar, Dialer, Contacts, Maps and so on, all are working (at least how long I've played with them)

Edit: I see others noticed the wake-up/sistemui FC as well. I'll try what phoenixita suggests. Dirty flashing over BeanStalk could be an option? Nevermind...I'll try it anyways

Last edited:
Reactions: actinhic

phoenixita

Apr 7, 2011
Civitavecchia

could you try dirty flashing over a cm11 nightly? :)

Rapier

Recognized Contributor
Jun 23, 2008
Bucharest
HTC One S
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
LOL. It works and more than that, I got some extra features as well since I've flashed it dirty over BS...like the network speed meter in status bar (an option that is not present in CM nor in LiquidSmooth ROM). Only strange thing now is that sistemui restarts itself every time when I connect the phone to USB...it's restarting in a loop without any message. I've rebooted phone and I'll try again.

bombina

Jan 4, 2013
LOL. It works and more than that, I got some extra features as well since I've flashed it dirty over BS...like the network speed meter in status bar (an option that is not present in CM nor in LiquidSmooth ROM). Only strange thing now is that sistemui restarts itself every time when I connect the phone to USB...it's restarting in a loop without any message. I've rebooted phone and I'll try again.

You and phoenix are a great duo together. Phoenix always building and supporting our device and Rapier always tests and provides quality feedback. Thanks to you both for your contributions, very much appreciated. I had those systemui errors constantly on the BeanStalk build, as well, so I reverted back to a 4.3 ROM until the issues are more ironed out. This is expected considering KitKat is still in some infant stages and our device needs a lot of pruning to get it right. Is it true that the battery life is horrendous in 4.4? Thanks to you both again, keep it up! Very eager to try 4.4 again when there is no more systemui errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aas2.png

Thank u to the Liquid Team for continuing this project!

Many credits go to CyanogenMod for their device trees and their code that was incorporated into this project.

Downloads and installation
    + Download the ROM
    + Download the (Recommended) GApps
    + Copy the ROM to the SD
    + Copy the GApps to the SD
    + Install the ROM and the GApps
    + If you are already in LiquidSmooth, do a cache wipe and dalvik cache wipe
    + If you come from any other ROM, do a wipe data / format system
    + Reboot :)

CREDITS

LIQUIDSMOOTH TEAM and everyone they are involved with!

chainfire for root!

MEET THE TEAM

Liquid0624

Deadman96385

jsnweitzel

Somber73

TheBr0ken

Cdub50

Sat this one out

Donations are always appreciated

Liquid0624

XDA:DevDB Information
    LiquidSmooth, a ROM for the HTC One S

Contributors
    phoenixita
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 2.15

Version Information

Created 2013-12-19
    Last Updated 2013-12-29
    Update this weekend!

Sent from my One S using Tapatalk
    just saw that mods transferd this thread to my ownership so expect a new build soon
    Thanks, I'm gonna try it out.

Wait untill i upload newest build later. The build already in this thread is old. I just got owbership of the thread and havr not had time to update thread

Sent from my One S using Tapatalk