Search This thread

Nokia7Vista

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2009
East-Riffa
www.youtube.com
Hi :eek:

20130822_003320_HDR_zps8f46ce0e.jpg

I would like to share with you my experience with Liquipel 2.0 Nanocoating on my Galaxy S4 i9500

For those who doesn't know what is Liquipel Nanocoating - Google it :p

20130821_234339_HDR_zps928f0427.jpg

Here is my Video:

Things I noticed other than the phone being waterproof:

1- Sometimes the hardware buttons doesn't respond directly after water interference (may take up to 48 hours) ... This is normal because the phone needs to dry

2- The camera sometimes vibrate and capture blurry photos (I'm not sure if it's from liquipel treatment or something else)

Hope my post was useful :)

scott14719

Dec 24, 2011
Thanks for the review but be careful. The 2 issues you identified at the end of the review are definitely related to water exposure and are not good. Fortunately, it seems the Liquipel has protected the components that would normally short out, which is great for short term water deterrent (accidental momentary exposure). And I guess that is what the product is being sold for. So that is good. But those 2 issues show that water is still having a negative effect on the phone and that means it will definitely lead to damage. The video appeared to show issues with the screen response to touch as well...another known negative effect of water damage.

Definitely does not waterproof the phone, but it might help in accidental exposure.

Did you get a chance to check the water indicators within the phone to see if they changed color?

Again, thank you for the review.

Nokia7Vista

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2009
East-Riffa
www.youtube.com
Thanks for the review but be careful. The 2 issues you identified at the end of the review are definitely related to water exposure and are not good. Fortunately, it seems the Liquipel has protected the components that would normally short out, which is great for short term water deterrent (accidental momentary exposure). And I guess that is what the product is being sold for. So that is good. But those 2 issues show that water is still having a negative effect on the phone and that means it will definitely lead to damage. The video appeared to show issues with the screen response to touch as well...another known negative effect of water damage.

Definitely does not waterproof the phone, but it might help in accidental exposure.

Did you get a chance to check the water indicators within the phone to see if they changed color?

Again, thank you for the review.

Thank you for you comment

but actually the way the screen acted in the video is normal, because there were some drops of water on the screen :silly:

I haven't personally checked the indicators but according to other reviewers the indicator stayed clean :good:

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Thank you for you comment

but actually the way the screen acted in the video is normal, because there were some drops of water on the screen :silly:

I haven't personally checked the indicators but according to other reviewers the indicator stayed clean :good:

How is your phone doing all these months later?
Have you regularly taken your phone into the shower with you or into any kind of steam baths? I'm wondering about long term durability.

Gunde

Jul 12, 2007
Have you regularly taken your phone into the shower with you or into any kind of steam baths? I'm wondering about long term durability.
From the OP's YouTube video description:

IMPORTANT UPDATE 24 / 8 / 2013:

The phone stopped working after dropping it another time in water, I can't power it on nor charge it. I contacted liquipel and I'm waiting for their reply.

Reactions: CZ Eddie

jorgemiguel4

Jul 22, 2011
Good luck with that.
Liquipel says:
Disclaimer: Liquipel applies a preventative coating designed to aid in the event of accidental liquid exposure, and assumes no responsibility for water damaged devices. Liquipel does not recommend your device ever come in contact with liquid

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
Just being silly, change your phone to a S4 active.:fingers-crossed:

Back to subject, i've had friends who used liquidel, and somehow it made the phone malfunction.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From the OP's YouTube video description:

IMPORTANT UPDATE 24 / 8 / 2013:

The phone stopped working after dropping it another time in water, I can't power it on nor charge it. I contacted liquipel and I'm waiting for their reply.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone