• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LIR GSI Rom for Nord N10 5g

Search This thread

boom15

Oct 27, 2021
For these of you who wanna try good custom rom instead buggy roms filled with same google ****. I got good expierience with these GSI roms. On my Nokia 7.2 I'm running Bless 306 and on Nord N10 5g i'm using LIR as my daily drive. Keep in mind I'm not gamer.Here is the link to the rom:
Installation;
First at all my cell was already on Android 11, not sure about 10. 2nd it's my expirience and my opinion.
  • fastboot flashing unlock and then fastboot flashing unlock_critical
  • dev mode enabled
  • adb reboot bootloader
  • fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
  • fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
  • fastboot reboot fastboot
  • If you got error like these
    Code:
    fastboot flash system.img
    Invalid sparse file format at header magic
    Resizing 'system_a'                                FAILED (remote: 'Not enough space to resize partition')
    fastboot: error: Command failed
    DON"T DO as same advised fastboot delete-logical-partition product you will got problems when return back on stock ,with Magisk or installing diff roms. If you already did read guide about phones with dynamic partitions https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tutorial-magisk-on-gsi-on-devices-with-dynamic-partition.4311045/, download product_gsi.img form there and do.
  • fastboot flash product product_gsi.img
  • fastboot flash system lir-v313+211012-arm64-bvZ.img. I used image w/o google staff
  • fastboot -w
  • fastboot reboot
  • Setup and enjoy
  • Root avalible in Settings/Misc features/SuperUser or use Magisk 23
  • For SMS/MMS I installed ims apk for Qualcomm vendor .You find it in Settings/Phh Treble Settings/Misc (see pics) lir_lockscreen.png lir_version.png lir_misc.png lir_seedvault_set.png lir_ims.png

Reactions: mrbox23

mrbox23

Mar 22, 2010
Colorado Springs
Well put, I flashed and booted the crdroid11 gapps gsi with oxygen 11 firmware following this, booted on the first attempt, twenty minutes after oneplus gave unlock token. twrp does not go into fastbootd, had to use stock recovery after initial backup. Sanity returns, been without rooted device over two months.

boom15

Oct 27, 2021
Glad it helps. Yes twrp not fully working avoid it. I forgot to mention to use stock recovery or recovery from any roms posted in this forum (derpfest,oneplus or lineage). They are same.

boom15

Oct 27, 2021
It based on PHH's AOSP R and AndyYan Lineage GSI. All errors same, but fingerprints working.They have versions with Gapps but I don't use them. I'm don't need custom ROM with Google. Pointless! Rooted and debloated stock OxygenOS in my opinion is best way in that case.
Buy the way I'm thesting right now latest Phh AOSP 400.d with Android 12. It works flawless on my phone.

Reactions: UsedNametag

UsedNametag

May 24, 2021
It based on PHH's AOSP R and AndyYan Lineage GSI. All errors same, but fingerprints working.They have versions with Gapps but I don't use them. I'm don't need custom ROM with Google. Pointless! Rooted and debloated stock OxygenOS in my opinion is best way in that case.
Buy the way I'm thesting right now latest Phh AOSP 400.d with Android 12. It works flawless on my phone.

If A12 GSI has fingerprint working on N10 5G, it'll be a perfect daily driver. Getting annoyed with all bloat. Does 5G work properly too?

boom15

Oct 27, 2021
If A12 GSI has fingerprint working on N10 5G, it'll be a perfect daily driver. Getting annoyed with all bloat. Does 5G work properly too?
I don't have 5g plan, can't tell you. On last version of android 11 it used to show you option to change to 5G/LTE/3G/2G. On Android 12 it not shows on my phone.Fingerprints working.
And couple glitches if you try it. In my case after setup preferred mobile network setuo on 3G, so change it . Install ims. Check post above.BT,Camera,Sound, Storage,Tethering,OTG,Seedvault, AdAway, Google Maps and su working. I'm using arm64-ab-vndklite-vanilla on top of Android 11 with unlocked bootloader,stock boot and recovery. Not sure about any fancy stuff and banking apps.

Last edited:

mrbox23

Mar 22, 2010
Colorado Springs
Yes five 5G works on this one and all the gsi's on that source forge. And it works on a11 firmware(I haven't tried 10 firmware), I keep reading we're stuck on 10 for gsi's, that has not been my experience at all! Also the product_gsi.img is the proper method over deleting the product partition.

You can install Google's 12 gsi(on 11 firmware as I tested it), I grabbed the image from /data/gsi/dsu after downloading it through dsu loader in developer setting. The gsi's it seems attempt dsu install, I think OnePlus would need to enable it, it ends up booting whatever system you have installed with the new blank userdata image. The would-be Google 12 gsi system will flash with fastboot.

Last edited:

boom15

Oct 27, 2021
Yes five 5G works on this one and all the gsi's on that source forge. And it works on a11 firmware(I haven't tried 10 firmware), I keep reading we're stuck on 10 for gsi's, that has not been my experience at all! Also the product_gsi.img is the proper method over deleting the product partition.

You can install Google's 12 gsi(on 11 firmware as I tested it), I grabbed the image from /data/gsi/dsu after downloading it through dsu loader in developer setting. The gsi's it seems attempt dsu install, I think OnePlus would need to enable it, it ends up booting whatever system you have installed with the new blank userdata image. The would-be Google 12 gsi system will flash with fastboot.
Thank you for advise. I tried google before phh.Prefer phh.Maybe because of name goo.... Long time using phones without less google stuff if possible. Used CalixOS on my last Pixel until it decided to jump from cliff!
But any way I build my own using phh code, implement some changes related to phone and provider (ims, mobile network detection, ril, bt headset connection,MicroG).

mrbox23

Mar 22, 2010
Colorado Springs
Thank you for advise. I tried google before phh.Prefer phh.Maybe because of name goo.... Long time using phones without less google stuff if possible. Used CalixOS on my last Pixel until it decided to jump from cliff!
But any way I build my own using phh code, implement some changes related to phone and provider (ims, mobile network detection, ril, bt headset connection,MicroG).
I somehow disabled my accelerometer, and proximity sensor. I did the usual msm restore, to no avail. I'm stumped. It broke after a botched fastboot flashing. How might you approach such a situation? You might have experience with something like making an overlay specific to a device? I am so stumped with this, I have reflashed every partition I can find from payload bins and ops files....I use one of those sensor apps(the one in phh settings shows nothing at all, or crashes) more than one says simply "this device has no sensors"

boom15

Oct 27, 2021
I somehow disabled my accelerometer, and proximity sensor. I did the usual msm restore, to no avail. I'm stumped. It broke after a botched fastboot flashing. How might you approach such a situation? You might have experience with something like making an overlay specific to a device? I am so stumped with this, I have reflashed every partition I can find from payload bins and ops files....I use one of those sensor apps(the one in phh settings shows nothing at all, or crashes) more than one says simply "this device has no sensors"
Check if you have /persist/sensors first. If you on stock try factory mode as someone sugested here on these forum.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For these of you who wanna try good custom rom instead buggy roms filled with same google ****. I got good expierience with these GSI roms. On my Nokia 7.2 I'm running Bless 306 and on Nord N10 5g i'm using LIR as my daily drive. Keep in mind I'm not gamer.Here is the link to the rom:
    Installation;
    First at all my cell was already on Android 11, not sure about 10. 2nd it's my expirience and my opinion.
    • fastboot flashing unlock and then fastboot flashing unlock_critical
    • dev mode enabled
    • adb reboot bootloader
    • fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    • fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
    • fastboot reboot fastboot
    • If you got error like these
      Code:
      fastboot flash system.img
      Invalid sparse file format at header magic
      Resizing 'system_a'                                FAILED (remote: 'Not enough space to resize partition')
      fastboot: error: Command failed
      DON"T DO as same advised fastboot delete-logical-partition product you will got problems when return back on stock ,with Magisk or installing diff roms. If you already did read guide about phones with dynamic partitions https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tutorial-magisk-on-gsi-on-devices-with-dynamic-partition.4311045/, download product_gsi.img form there and do.
    • fastboot flash product product_gsi.img
    • fastboot flash system lir-v313+211012-arm64-bvZ.img. I used image w/o google staff
    • fastboot -w
    • fastboot reboot
    • Setup and enjoy
    • Root avalible in Settings/Misc features/SuperUser or use Magisk 23
    • For SMS/MMS I installed ims apk for Qualcomm vendor .You find it in Settings/Phh Treble Settings/Misc (see pics) lir_lockscreen.png lir_version.png lir_misc.png lir_seedvault_set.png lir_ims.png