Question LISA development

Search This thread

adroeurope

Dec 2, 2011

Xiaomi 11 lite 5G NE - alias LISA - different opinions - can or not be included in 11 lite 5G?​

In other words - TWRP for RENOIR works for LISA also? or not?
Same with roms here.

xiaomi.eu posted a recovery - PitchBlack Recovery V3.1.0 for Xiaomi 11 lite 5G NE.

I am not in knowledge to see the differences, but as long as the 100 something...days will pass, I will unlock bootloader and try...

And I wait for more experienced folks to comment on LISA development. Thank you.

rayman95

Jan 14, 2009
monaco
Google Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Xiaomi 11 lite 5G NE - alias LISA - different opinions - can or not be included in 11 lite 5G?​

Same with roms here.

xiaomi.eu posted a recovery - PitchBlack Recovery V3.1.0 for Xiaomi 11 lite 5G NE.

I am not in knowledge to see the differences, but as long as the 100 something...days will pass, I will unlock bootloader and try...

And I wait for more experienced folks to comment on LISA development. Thank you.
pitch black doesn(t work on renoir...so I suppose that renoir TWRP doesn't work on Lisa

adroeurope

Dec 2, 2011

PitchBlack Recovery V3.1.0 for Xiaomi 11 lite 5G NE. It's there. For those who have LISA, I will try to post here all the news I'll find. Others are invited to help too. There ARE differences between the 2 models, so I think any info about LISA is important for owners.​

adroeurope

Dec 2, 2011
Asked Nebrassy if his twrp is working for LISA. Otherwise, we only have PitchBlack Recovery V3.1.0 for Xiaomi 11 lite 5G NE. Hopefully today willl end the 100plus hours for unlock. I will keep U informed.

adroeurope

Dec 2, 2011
Well...unlocked-fastboot-further are 2 choises-temporary or permanent.
Flash it permanent
- fastboot flash recovery PitchBlack-recovery.img /// DOES NOT WORK - writing recovery FAILED recovery_b No such partition.
Temporary
fastboot boot PitchBlack-recovery.img - ok, PitchBlack-recovery started by I was unable to mount/backup anything. Of course, at reboot PitchBlack dissapears.

An reply: "On other a/b devices xiaomi.eu team fixed this and if you will flash the xiaomi.eu rom (if its available for your phone) TWRP will be permanent."

So....untill a rom from xiaomi.eu team will appear for LISA, no custom recovery...am I wrong?

shouk_1987

Jul 2, 2012
Xiaomi 11 Lite 5g NE
There is no recovery partition in a/b devices
Instead you boot to pbrp recovery then flash recovery to ramdisk from there but you would need to have it on extcard as internal storage would be encrypted

I hope that they make a twrp for lisa.
I will follow your posts.

PitchBlack Recovery V3.1.0 for Xiaomi 11 lite 5G NE. It's there. For those who have LISA, I will try to post here all the news I'll find. Others are invited to help too. There ARE differences between the 2 models, so I think any info about LISA is important for owners.​

Reactions: raulci

GTG305

Oct 8, 2009
Ok ! I finally arrive to do something.
There is a LineageOS Recovery here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gYAVTitz5uSP5_MO4KkXdYOvPmIvC2oJ/view?usp=sharing

- Once you get it, boot your phone to fastboot.
adb reboot bootloader
- Then, install the LineageOS-recovery.img
fastboot flash boot_ab LineageOS-recovery.img
- Boot to recovery :
fastboot reboot recovery
- Erase your data.
- Go to Apply Update, then SD card and apply the Arrow zip file.
- Wait for it !
- When on LineageOS recovery again, reboot system now.
And, you got it !

Pebs74

Jul 2, 2008
Google Nexus 4
T-Mobile LG G2
Thanks @GTG305 !! Where did this recovery come from?

Edit:
When you say "Go to Apply Update, then SD card and apply the Arrow zip file.", does this mean you're copying the ArrowOS zip onto a micro-sd card and running LOS recovery with this card inserted?

Without an sd card inserted, I only get the "Apply from ADB" which does not enable sideload correctly.

Last edited:

GTG305

Oct 8, 2009
Thanks @GTG305 !! Where did this recovery come from?

Edit:
When you say "Go to Apply Update, then SD card and apply the Arrow zip file.", does this mean you're copying the ArrowOS zip onto a micro-sd card and running LOS recovery with this card inserted?

Without an sd card inserted, I only get the "Apply from ADB" which does not enable sideload correctly.
Yes, I copied it on the sd card before.
WIthout sd card, you can try to copy it to your internal storage with adb like this :
./adb push Arrow-v11.0-lisa-OFFICIAL-20211219-VANILLA.zip /data/media/0/
But i don't tried it.

Pebs74

Jul 2, 2008
Google Nexus 4
T-Mobile LG G2
I managed to install ArrowOs using the LOS recovery method described by @GTG305, thanks dude!

ATM I've found only a few bugs/annoyances:

The auto-brightness control seems to be a bit "nervous" and, under certain light conditions, tends to change continually. It does seem to "calm down" with time, maybe it has a calibration period.

The other thing I've had a few hickups with has been the swiping navigation gestures. There have been a few times where, after an unknown error, the swipe-up for "back" stopped working. Swipe-left and swipe-right kept working, but I had to reboot to get swipe-up working again.

Apart from that, I'm pleasantly surprised by the ROM's stability, at least during the first 24h using it.

UPDATE:

The auto-brightness issue seems to have solved itself on its own, there may be a calibration period as I suggested, which now makes it work correctly.

Even so, I have to report another issue with the brightness control: the minimum brightness in ArrowOS is equivalent to 30-40% brightness on the stock MIUI ROM, so on very dark conditions, the brightness is too high and quite annoying. (Can you confirm this @GTG305?)

Last edited:

edzel13

Oct 11, 2016
Google Pixel 2
OnePlus 6T
I managed to install ArrowOs using the LOS recovery method described by @GTG305, thanks dude!

The auto-brightness control seems to be a bit "nervous" and, under certain light conditions, tends to change continually. It does seem to "calm down" with time, maybe it has a calibration period.

The other thing I've had a few hickups with has been the swiping navigation gestures. There have been a few times where, after an unknown error, the swipe-up for "back" stopped working. Swipe-left and swipe-right kept working, but I had to reboot to get swipe-up working again.

Apart from that, I'm pleasantly surprised by the ROM's stability, at least during the first 24h using it.
Did you try to sideload it or did you use a sd card?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok ! I finally arrive to do something.
    There is a LineageOS Recovery here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gYAVTitz5uSP5_MO4KkXdYOvPmIvC2oJ/view?usp=sharing

- Once you get it, boot your phone to fastboot.
    adb reboot bootloader
    - Then, install the LineageOS-recovery.img
    fastboot flash boot_ab LineageOS-recovery.img
    - Boot to recovery :
    fastboot reboot recovery
    - Erase your data.
    - Go to Apply Update, then SD card and apply the Arrow zip file.
    - Wait for it !
    - When on LineageOS recovery again, reboot system now.
    And, you got it !

UPDATE:

The auto-brightness issue seems to have solved itself on its own, there may be a calibration period as I suggested, which now makes it work correctly.

Even so, I have to report another issue with the brightness control: the minimum brightness in ArrowOS is equivalent to 30-40% brightness on the stock MIUI ROM, so on very dark conditions, the brightness is too high and quite annoying. (Can you confirm this @GTG305?)

Same with roms here.