• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[LIST] black energy saving android apps for AMOLED screens

Search This thread

pzumk

Jun 20, 2009
Lüneburg
twitter.com
We all know that black screens save energy on AMOLED screens and since I couldn't find a thread with all apps I'll now try to collect as much black apps as possible. I hope this list is helpful for a few of you.
If you got more please include them in a post and I'll add them to the list. Please do not post device specific themes. If you got a black app wich is similar or better than other white apps, please reply.

default black: might be hidden in /settings/themes or /settings/nightmode

Themed black:

Other:

Want:

*only in pro version

please read the thread if you want some additional transparent apps

Last edited:

drpsyko

Feb 24, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Nice~
Quick question: does capacitive qHD LCD will also gain benefits from using inverted apps?

8penned from my blazing fast DHD ;)

drpsyko

Feb 24, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Just came back from 10 minutes of googling. And yup, LCD churns out more power displaying black, by a mere increase of 3.16% (average). Okay, I'm gonna change back into the whiter one. But blacked out apps are suitable and comfortable for night mode. Softer on the eyes. Peace :)

8penned from my blazing fast DHD ;)

yogi2010

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
yeah, I support this thread, lol. nice to have all the black apps in one place! whether they save battery or they don't, I far prefer the way they look.

Sent from my HTC Vision

Reactions: pzumk

yogi2010

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
btw, does anyone have a good black Google Voice apk? I have one that I found somewhere, and it's nice, mostly black, but when you open a particular message, the part where the message is printed out is still white, making it a bit strange.

pzumk

Jun 20, 2009
Lüneburg
twitter.com

stop_this_spam.jpg

Top Liked Posts