• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[List][FTF] Stock Firmwares + Concept (18/10/2016)

Search This thread

Arturiuz!

Feb 2, 2013
Hey guys do you know how to fix FlashTool for Mac? I cannot use it because of that annoying popup saying: "Please move /Applications/FlashTool.app/Contents/MacOS/firmwares content to /Users/felipebogaerts/.flashTool/firmwares"

your Mac is fine..try this(fingers crossed):

* two-finger tap the flash icon
* double tap on " Show Package Contents"
* get into "Contents" folder
* get into "MacOS" folder
* get into "firmwares" folder
* move the ftf's to:
- on your desktop,tap "File" tab then tap "Find"
- type in "Users" in search box and you'll find a folder that says "Users".
- get into it then (i think) you'll find "felipebogaerts" folder then ".flashtool" folder then "firmwares" folder..
- there you'll put the ftf's..

..i don't own a Mac.only borrowing from my cousin for i also use it flashing my xperia device.hope that helped a bit! :rolleyes:

gegu2

Dec 25, 2014
Try to create symlink in your home directory pointing to apps dir. It may work, because it's bsd based system

Sent from my D5803 using XDA Free mobile app

IceColdz

Feb 28, 2015
Flashtool for Mac solution

Thank you! the problem was that i moved the contents inside the folder and kept the empty folder there, so flashtool did not recognized it.

your Mac is fine..try this(fingers crossed):

* two-finger tap the flash icon
* double tap on " Show Package Contents"
* get into "Contents" folder
* get into "MacOS" folder
* get into "firmwares" folder
* move the ftf's to:
- on your desktop,tap "File" tab then tap "Find"
- type in "Users" in search box and you'll find a folder that says "Users".
- get into it then (i think) you'll find "felipebogaerts" folder then ".flashtool" folder then "firmwares" folder..
- there you'll put the ftf's..

..i don't own a Mac.only borrowing from my cousin for i also use it flashing my xperia device.hope that helped a bit! :rolleyes:

evilRafael

Mar 11, 2009
Porto Alegre
rafael.lv

endymioned

May 10, 2012
Hi,

Hoping someone can help me with some info, I searched the thread regarding o2 but couldn't find anything.

I'm thinking of purchasing an o2 branded z3c. The phone does not allow bootloader unlock.
Will it be possible to flash the unbranded UK firmware over the o2 firmware?

Thanks!

Trandaa

Jul 1, 2014
Hi,

Hoping someone can help me with some info, I searched the thread regarding o2 but couldn't find anything.

I'm thinking of purchasing an o2 branded z3c. The phone does not allow bootloader unlock.
Will it be possible to flash the unbranded UK firmware over the o2 firmware?

Thanks!

Yes, you can flash the Unbranded UK firmware. You needn't to have unlocked bootloader to flash official Sony ROMs. If you read carefully the OP, there's written, that:

FTF files can be installed with both locked & unlocked bootloaders.

Reactions: endymioned

evilRafael

Mar 11, 2009
Porto Alegre
rafael.lv
Yes, you can flash the Unbranded UK firmware. You needn't to have unlocked bootloader to flash official Sony ROMs. If you read carefully the OP, there's written, that:
As far as I know, problem with some branded phones is that they're not really same phone, hardware- and software-wise, thus a Verizon HTC one M7 needs a ROM tailored for it (not a matter of locked or unlocked bootloader), and I suppose stock HTC one firmware wouldn't work on it, right? I don't know if that's the case.

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

According to xperiablog.net Lillipop is coming next week, at least for France and Indonesia.:D

http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/03/1...also-confirms-lollipop-rollout-for-next-week/
Is there a way we can get the update over-the-air and share with the community here? Anyone knows the procedure? I'm on stock and should probably receive the brazillian Lollipop firmware soon.

Trandaa

Jul 1, 2014
As far as I know, problem with some branded phones is that they're not really same phone, hardware- and software-wise, thus a Verizon HTC one M7 needs a ROM tailored for it (not a matter of locked or unlocked bootloader), and I suppose stock HTC one firmware wouldn't work on it, right? I don't know if that's the case.

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Is there a way we can get the update over-the-air and share with the community here? Anyone knows the procedure? I'm on stock and should probably receive the brazillian Lollipop firmware soon.

Well, as I know, there Xperia Z3 Compact hasn't this problem. You have a branded firmware, not branded phone. For example Verizon Xperia Z3v has the "v". So you shouldn't have any problems with it, just be careful if you have D5803, D5833 or SO-02G ;)

Don't worry, there will be someone who will share it. Or you can use the Xperifirm by @Lagucool , where you can download FTF files for your phone and then share with us ;)

Sent from my D5803 aka Xperia Z3 Compact

Last edited:
Reactions: evilRafael

CouldntThinkOfAUsername

May 29, 2013
Was a pain using the tool, not straight forward, had to have USB debugging enabled and had to let volume go instantly the flashing description showed up or got some error about .bin file.

istux

Jun 26, 2012
Milano
Was a pain using the tool, not straight forward, had to have USB debugging enabled and had to let volume go instantly the flashing description showed up or got some error about .bin file.
There's no need to enable USB debugging at all :confused: because flashing a stock firmware erases the system partition entirely, so it doesn't depend on what is installed or enabled on your device.

CouldntThinkOfAUsername

May 29, 2013
There's no need to enable USB debugging at all :confused: because flashing a stock firmware erases the system partition entirely, so it doesn't depend on what is installed or enabled on your device.
I got it from O2 where few others were having the same issue, where the firmware wouldn't flash, had the drivers installed including the first flash option ticked and the Z3C ticked. I tried everything, uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled and reinstalled Sony Companion program, tried it with and without it being installed, no go. Someone said it worked for them after turning on USB debugging and then it worked first time for me aswell.

Top Liked Posts