[List][FTF] Stock Firmwares + Concept (18/10/2016)

Search This thread

war1

Mar 17, 2011
Wait, XperiFirm is the tool we use to download the firmware which needs to be converted into a FTF for Flashtool anyway!

Why this thread? For many reasons.

First of all, there are a tutorial and some faq for who is not already confident with Flashtool and the Xperia world in general. You know, before becoming experts we have been all noobs. ;)

Then there are people who are not able to convert Sony files into FTFs, because they are too noobs or are not good at working with PC or haven't got a good machine or haven't enough time to learn and so on.

Last but not least, XperiFirm downloads directly from Sony servers but it has two limits:
1)you can download only the last two firmwares for any item, well, what happens if the last 2-3 firmwares suck for a huge bug and you want to go back to an older firmware? :confused:
2)XperiaFirm works now, but are you sure for the future? If it stops working for any reason (i.e. Sony changes download system), you can always come here :p

However I will add a faq about how to make a FTF by itself...

First of all, there are a tutorial and some faq for who is not already confident with Flashtool and the Xperia world in general. You know, before becoming experts we have been all noobs. ;) For me this forum is not for noobs

you can download only the last two firmwares for any item, well, what happens if the last 2-3 firmwares suck for a huge bug and you want to go back to an older firmware? :confused: The last firmware is always de best firmware for many reasons

XperiaFirm works now, but are you sure for the future? If it stops working for any reason (i.e. Sony changes download system), you can always come here :pNever stop because Sony PC Companion does the updates with that servers

kandelai

Apr 26, 2008
New firmware for Xperia Z3

This was reported today that new firmware for the Xperia Z3 has been announced with the following updates;
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat including latest enhancements and security updates from Google.
- Updated and improved camera experience.
- Improvements to Google+, Google Voice, Contacts and music streaming.
- Latest versions of all Sony apps.
- Latest bug fixes, optimizations and improvements.

No mention of the Z3 Compact though.
Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified

Reactions: istux

Dreamslacker

May 25, 2014
Sorry for asking this but what is the purpose of this? I know about rooting a phone to get accessed to the while phone. Do these firmwares just replace sony's UI?

If you bought your phone from overseas (or asked someone overseas to buy it for you), the installed language packs/ keyboards might be different and not what you need for your region.
Flashing the appropriate FTF for your region would give you the correct keyboards/ language packs.

Reactions: gadgetman04

xerophyll

Feb 12, 2014
say...what happened to the build 23.0.a.106 for the z3 compact? heard rumours few weeks ago but havent seen it being released? anyone care to share the update?

OMEiAM

Sep 14, 2013
Bowie, Maryland
Is the latest USA build for the D5803 as up to date as the UK one? If not, now that people are receiving their USA Z3 Compacts, will there be an updated one? Thanks!

BobbyHenceMcGee

Oct 3, 2010
Australia
Is the latest USA build for the D5803 as up to date as the UK one? If not, now that people are receiving their USA Z3 Compacts, will there be an updated one? Thanks!

Use XperiFirm or the Flashtool (Devices > Check Updates) to find out.
I find the European updates come significantly faster than the USA and AUS is even slower in it's updates so if you're a stickler for having the very latest then grab whichever one is higher in the OP that correlates to your device.
But to be honest with no change logs available (as far as I could find) I don't see any point to updating unless you're experiencing problems because the updates are clearly very small changes.
By the way, I noticed your SIG says you came from the OPO. I was actually in the pre-order for one and decided to cancel in favour of getting a Z3C. I'm glad I did, how are you finding the Z3C compared to the OPO?

spyvsspy

Aug 10, 2012
Here are two unbranded/generic FTFs for the D5833. I have not tried either, so if they don't work, don't blame me!

D5833 Brazil generic (1289-0407) 23.0.A.2.106: https://onedrive.live.com/download?...9684&authkey=!ADocsLGeTJ9Gy6U&ithint=file,ftf
D5833 Singapore generic (1288-5506) 23.0.A.2.93: https://onedrive.live.com/download?...9239&authkey=!AOPYk74jLou5khw&ithint=file,ftf

Brazil is currently the only .106 out for the D5833, that's why I included it.

confirm working :) (Brazil generic)

Last edited:

OMEiAM

Sep 14, 2013
Bowie, Maryland
Use XperiFirm or the Flashtool (Devices > Check Updates) to find out.
I find the European updates come significantly faster than the USA and AUS is even slower in it's updates so if you're a stickler for having the very latest then grab whichever one is higher in the OP that correlates to your device.
But to be honest with no change logs available (as far as I could find) I don't see any point to updating unless you're experiencing problems because the updates are clearly very small changes.
By the way, I noticed your SIG says you came from the OPO. I was actually in the pre-order for one and decided to cancel in favour of getting a Z3C. I'm glad I did, how are you finding the Z3C compared to the OPO?
I love my Z3C. The only problems I am having are that when I put the phone to sleep and wake it back up the lockscreen wallpaper is black for one second. Also, I feel like the speakers could be improved in a software update, so that's what I'm hoping for. I love the size of the Z3C. It's refreshing to own a phone with current specs, but a smaller size than most of the competition. The only thing I really miss on the OPO was CyanogenMod. Luckily I find Sony's skin over Android to offer more functionality rather than being an annoyance.

In regards to flashing a US firmware, the reason is only because in the US 4G = LTE icon and in the UK 4G = 4G icon. For some reason I prefer seeing LTE when I am using LTE. I just don't want my phone to be buggier or slower/worse because of it being an older firmware, although I'm not sure when a new one for the USA is coming.

---------- Post added at 04:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 AM ----------

I made a FTF for D5803 23.0.A.2.93 USA generic (1289-7524) if you want to add it to the list: https://onedrive.live.com/download?...8530&authkey=!AEvTEaR_xI028zo&ithint=file,ftf

So if I flash this, my D5803 with unbranded UK firmware will have the LTE icon instead of 4G? Also, is the latest UK firmware (.105) much better than the one you provided? Thanks!

spyvsspy

Aug 10, 2012
so i've just updated to the latest Brazil firmware (4.4.4 / D5833_23.0.A.2.106_BR_generic)
since i don't have root.. can i edit/extract the TFT file in order to remove unwanted system application before i flash it ?

anyone have experience with such a method ?

Top Liked Posts