• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

List of all ROMs for the Sony Xperia Z5 | TIPS, GUIDES & RANKING

Search This thread

sirdoha

Jun 19, 2016
GAEE
www.gaee.org
Hibernate.png

Hey guys, let me introduce the full list of all working ROMs for the Sony Xperia Z5. Each ROM's section will have its basic information, instruction, features and EXCLUSIVE zMARK™ score, a benchmark base on ROM's features, battery life, performance, customization and stability, carefully ranked by my teams. In this list, there are 5 sections, equivalent to 5 types of ROMs for the Z5, including:
  • AOSP Nougat
  • Stock Nougat
  • AOSP Marshmallow
  • Stock Marshmallow
  • Stock Lolipop

DISCLAIMER
Code:
#disclaimer 
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

INSTRUCTION
Please view the specific instruction for the particular ROM for detailed informations about installing, bugs, features and recommendations.
In each ROM, there will be a benchmark score base on: battery life, performance, stability, customization and features.

CREDITS
Credits/Kudos are given specifically to the author/contributors in the particular ROM section

INFO
I've seen some of threads in the Z5 XDA forum with the same purpose as mine but most of these threads are outdated and quite difficult to read, especially for Junior Members and "Noobs" so I create one.

Last edited:

sirdoha

Jun 19, 2016
GAEE
www.gaee.org
AOSP NOUGAT ROMs
These ROMs are based on the AOSP from Sony Open Source Project and the Stock Device Bringup by @Myself5 and @olivier. AOSP-based ROMs feature stock and pure vanilla Android experience with highly customizable abilities and great performances.

LineageOS | 7.1.2 | @Myself5
Lineage-OS-Logo-1.png
INFO: LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. Featured frequent daily builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes.
ISSUES: All Camera related issues have been fixed!
DOWNLOAD: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z5/orig-development/cm-14-1-lineageos-t3536846
zMARK™:
Performance: 4.8 | Battery Life: 3.8 | Stability: 4.5 | Customization: 5 | Features: 4.8 | Overall: 4.6
SCREENSHOT: Updating...
CONTRIBUTORS: @Myself5, @Olivier, @Quarx, @cdesai, @Kali-, @banmeifyouwant

Mokee | MK71.2 | @sceryavuz
http_download.mokeedev.com_static_logo.pngg
INFO: MoKee OpenSource is based on the Google AOSP with the source codes are updated frequently to keep up with the latest development, and not forgetting to merge in special features of the own Mokee ROM at the same time.
ISSUES: Video Recording can't handle more than 28 seconds.
DOWNLOAD: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z5/development/7-x-x-mokee-source-project-mk71-2-t3599896
zMARK™:
Performance: 4.8 | Battery Life: 4 | Stability: 4.5 | Customization: 5 | Features: 5 | Overall: 4.8
SCREENSHOT:
CONTRIBUTORS: @sceryavuz @mokee

CarbonROM | cr-5.1 | @Myself5
XzinYIT.png
INFO: CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project, dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with users, and openness with code. Featured frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes.
DOWNLOAD: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z5/development/cr-5-1-carbonrom-t3529764
zMARK™:
Performance: 4.5 | Battery Life: 3.5 | Stability: 4 | Customization: 5 | Features: 5 | Overall: 4.4
SCREENSHOT: Loading...
CONTRIBUTORS: @Myself5, @CarbonROM

AOKP | 7.1.2 | @championswimmer
logo.png
INFO:
ISSUES:
DOWNLOAD:
zMARK™:
Performance: 4.8 | Battery Life: 3.8 | Stability: 4.5 | Customization: 5 | Features: 4.8 | Overall: 4.6
SCREENSHOT:
CONTRIBUTORS:

Updating...

Last edited:

ibuza

Aug 4, 2007
Here some updates about issues (all tested on E6683 Dual SIM):

1.) [FIXED] With recent builds I am able to record more than 28 seconds (in 4k)
2.) 4k Video Recording and 23MP photos are only possible with the stock camera. (According to Myself5 this is a Sony issue)
2.) All videos are recorded without sound. This is the same for all video recording also in snapchat and whatsapp.
3.) When you are in call the volume can not be changed. You see the volume slider go up and down, but the volume does not change.
4.) FM-Radio does not work. No sound and no autotune.

1.) 4k Video Recording and 23MP photos are only possible with the stock camera. (According to Myself5 this is a Sony issue)
2.) Music Streaming to car-stereo (bluetooth handsfree) is buggy. Audio output often stops. (Music streaming to Bluetooth speaker is okay)
3.) Autotune in FM-Radio does not work. Manual searching for stations works but is a pain...

Last edited:
Reactions: mathorv and sirdoha

Tickle.

Mar 23, 2013
Great Great idea to make that kind of topic !
I just "updated" mine from stock rooted Marshmallow to the stock based Rom eXistenZ. I'm really satisfied until now, but if i could find a Rom under Nougat which is at least, as much efficient and improved as this one, i'd pretty love to update to 7.0/7.1 =)
Looking forward for news here !!

Tickle.

Mar 23, 2013
Any chance to keep up with this thread dude ?
I can share my experiences if you'd like.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hibernate.png

Hey guys, let me introduce the full list of all working ROMs for the Sony Xperia Z5. Each ROM's section will have its basic information, instruction, features and EXCLUSIVE zMARK™ score, a benchmark base on ROM's features, battery life, performance, customization and stability, carefully ranked by my teams. In this list, there are 5 sections, equivalent to 5 types of ROMs for the Z5, including:
    • AOSP Nougat
    • Stock Nougat
    • AOSP Marshmallow
    • Stock Marshmallow
    • Stock Lolipop

DISCLAIMER
    Code:
    #disclaimer 
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

INSTRUCTION
    Please view the specific instruction for the particular ROM for detailed informations about installing, bugs, features and recommendations.
    In each ROM, there will be a benchmark score base on: battery life, performance, stability, customization and features.

CREDITS
    Credits/Kudos are given specifically to the author/contributors in the particular ROM section

INFO
    I've seen some of threads in the Z5 XDA forum with the same purpose as mine but most of these threads are outdated and quite difficult to read, especially for Junior Members and "Noobs" so I create one.
    AOSP NOUGAT ROMs
    These ROMs are based on the AOSP from Sony Open Source Project and the Stock Device Bringup by @Myself5 and @olivier. AOSP-based ROMs feature stock and pure vanilla Android experience with highly customizable abilities and great performances.

Lineage-OS-Logo-1.png
    INFO: LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. Featured frequent daily builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes.
    DOWNLOAD: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z5/orig-development/cm-14-1-lineageos-t3536846
    zMARK™:
    SCREENSHOT: Updating...
    CONTRIBUTORS: @Myself5, @Olivier, @Quarx, @cdesai, @Kali-, @banmeifyouwant

Mokee | MK71.2 | @sceryavuz
    http_download.mokeedev.com_static_logo.pngg
    INFO: MoKee OpenSource is based on the Google AOSP with the source codes are updated frequently to keep up with the latest development, and not forgetting to merge in special features of the own Mokee ROM at the same time.
    DOWNLOAD: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z5/development/7-x-x-mokee-source-project-mk71-2-t3599896
    zMARK™:
    Performance: 4.8 | Battery Life: 4 | Stability: 4.5 | Customization: 5 | Features: 5 | Overall: 4.8
    SCREENSHOT:
    CONTRIBUTORS: @sceryavuz @mokee

XzinYIT.png
    INFO: CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project, dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with users, and openness with code. Featured frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes.
    DOWNLOAD: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z5/development/cr-5-1-carbonrom-t3529764
    zMARK™:
    Performance: 4.5 | Battery Life: 3.5 | Stability: 4 | Customization: 5 | Features: 5 | Overall: 4.4
    SCREENSHOT: Loading...
    CONTRIBUTORS: @Myself5, @CarbonROM

AOKP | 7.1.2 | @championswimmer
    logo.png
    INFO:
    ISSUES:
    DOWNLOAD:
    zMARK™:
    SCREENSHOT:
    CONTRIBUTORS:

Updating...
    Here some updates about issues (all tested on E6683 Dual SIM):

1.) [FIXED] With recent builds I am able to record more than 28 seconds (in 4k)
    2.) 4k Video Recording and 23MP photos are only possible with the stock camera. (According to Myself5 this is a Sony issue)
    2.) All videos are recorded without sound. This is the same for all video recording also in snapchat and whatsapp.
    3.) When you are in call the volume can not be changed. You see the volume slider go up and down, but the volume does not change.
    4.) FM-Radio does not work. No sound and no autotune.

1.) 4k Video Recording and 23MP photos are only possible with the stock camera. (According to Myself5 this is a Sony issue)
    2.) Music Streaming to car-stereo (bluetooth handsfree) is buggy. Audio output often stops. (Music streaming to Bluetooth speaker is okay)
    3.) Autotune in FM-Radio does not work. Manual searching for stations works but is a pain...
    Reserved for further posts
    Reserved for Section 3