List of Battery Cases for Nexus 5

Search This thread

DC_Erok

May 7, 2013
I thought it might be good to list all our options in a single thread. It would be nice to list the pro's and cons of each. If you own any of these cases, please share your opinion. If your case is on its way or don't have any experience with a battery case, please refrain from posting.

1. ZeroLemon - ZeroShock Rugged Black Battery Case + Removable 3500mAh Battery Pack
    http://zerolemon.com/product/zerole...-battery-case-removable-3500mah-battery-pack/
    Power Output: 1A – Enough electrical current to power through your phone while conserving original battery longevity
  2. Mugen Power - 3000mAh Battery Case for LG Nexus 5 [CC-Nexus5]
    http://mugen.co/mugen-power-3000mah-battery-case-for-lg-nexus-5.html
    Not much info on site
  3. Limefuel - Black L28N5 2860mAh Google Nexus 5
    http://mylimeade.myshopify.com/prod...rechargeable-external-battery-protection-case
    Output: 5V/2A
  4. i-Blason - PowerGlider Rechargeable External Battery 2,500mAh
    http://www.i-blason.com/powerglider-rechargeable-external-battery-case-for-google-nexus-5.html
    Capacity: 2,500mAh = 1 full charge of Nexus 5 internal battery, Input: 5V/800mA, Output: 5V/500mA

Last edited:
Reactions: juno14

DC_Erok

May 7, 2013
While zerolemon offers the largest capacity while being cheapest among the set
My choice is easily the powerglider because of case size: batteryCapacity ratio

How long have you had your powerglide? I read reports that after 3-4 weeks people were having problems.

Last edited:

aamber

Aug 29, 2008
It would be great if we can put up a quick comparison table of all the 4 stating pros and cons, especially when it comes to size (dimensions), weight and performance/IO with recommendations. this will enable users to take a quick decision.

Reactions: paradoxiumwind

Smoothcrm7

Feb 24, 2010
"If your case is on its way or don't have any experience with a battery case, please refrain from posting.". FAIL lol.

Lol, I have used all versions of the morphie with the iPhone at work. Didn't realize I had to post my resume ;).

I got my limefuel case in ~2 days ago and have been using it pretty steadily. It adds not as much bulk as you would think and feels incredibly solid. No movement at all of the phone when it is in the case.

Turned the case on today around 30% battery. With light to medium use it charged it up to 90%.

Will post more info and pictures tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: gadget069

DC_Erok

May 7, 2013
While zerolemon offers the largest capacity while being cheapest among the set
My choice is easily the powerglider because of case size: batteryCapacity ratio

Lol, I have used all versions of the morphie with the iPhone at work. Didn't realize I had to post my resume ;).

I got my limefuel case in ~2 days ago and have been using it pretty steadily. It adds not as much bulk as you would think and feels incredibly solid. No movement at all of the phone when it is in the case.

Turned the case on today around 30% battery. With light to medium use it charged it up to 90%.

Will post more info and pictures tomorrow.

The thing is, we want to know your experience with the cases listed. We don't care about your experience with past cases. Thus saying the case is on its way doesn't add any value when we are trying to decide which case to buy.

I noticed the limefuel only has a 3 star rating on amazon which concerns me slightly. Is it easy to add / remove your phone? I would use this case when I won't have access for to a charger for vacations or days I am out and about. I can't see using it for an everyday case.

Smoothcrm7

Feb 24, 2010
The thing is, we want to know your experience with the cases listed. We don't care about your experience with past cases. Thus saying the case is on its way doesn't add any value when we are trying to decide which case to buy.

I noticed the limefuel only has a 3 star rating on amazon which concerns me slightly. Is it easy to add / remove your phone? I would use this case when I won't have access for to a charger for vacations or days I am out and about. I can't see using it for an everyday case.

The case is very easy to remove. I bought this case for the same reason, I go to Disney several times a year and generally am spending the whole day away from a charger.
I am actually surprised by that raitijg and could have sworn when I ordered it was still at 4 stars. The case has a nice finish very similar to the nexus 5 itself. Unfortunately I did not bring the case to work today as I was annoyed with going to charge my phone last night and seeing it at 90% battery.

gadget069

Mar 28, 2011
Duluth
The case is very easy to remove. I bought this case for the same reason, I go to Disney several times a year and generally am spending the whole day away from a charger.
I am actually surprised by that raitijg and could have sworn when I ordered it was still at 4 stars. The case has a nice finish very similar to the nexus 5 itself. Unfortunately I did not bring the case to work today as I was annoyed with going to charge my phone last night and seeing it at 90% battery.

Pictures would be nice. I'm coming from my s4 running zerolemon extended battery and getting 36hrs of heavy use. Not used to charging my phone.

shilton.charles

Sep 16, 2010
OnePlus 8

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...ords=limefuel nexus 5&sprefix=limeful,aps,278

according to this link...Limefuel actually got better ratings than the I-blason powerglider (which i own) i am now consider purchasing the limefuel case to do a comparison myself.
Personally I think the powerglider is a pretty good case feels nice in the hand overall quality product
i will update when i do get the Limefuel case to let you guys know which i think is a better product

rgao007

Feb 16, 2014
Tenafly, NJ
ZeroLemon Nexus 5 case Timeline

This is a timeline of the initial release dates of the ZL N5 battery case.

mid-January
end of January
end of February
late March

What kind of company delays the product this much?

Also, how did some of you receive the case already?

Top Liked Posts