• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

List of Google Pixel 2 XL Screen Protectors

Search This thread

pooganes

Can someone tell me why heroshield is no longer available? I try to contact by email for days but get no answer. I have used SgFreshidea glasses exclusively based on loca. But these have lost their quality over time. There are either bubbles under the glass or it cracks without a drop or something.

Greetz

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using XDA Labs

ECrispy

Jun 25, 2010
Just ordered a Pixel 2 XL (used). Can someone recommend me a good case and screen protector (TG, film, whatever is good) for ~$5 each shipped? I don't have a lot of money to spend. There a few $3.99 protectors and cheap cases on ebay but I'm not sure what's good.

Looking for not too much bulk and good protection.

matekaneve

May 6, 2011
Stirling
Google Pixel 4 XL
Just ordered a Pixel 2 XL (used). Can someone recommend me a good case and screen protector (TG, film, whatever is good) for ~$5 each shipped? I don't have a lot of money to spend. There a few $3.99 protectors and cheap cases on ebay but I'm not sure what's good.

Looking for not too much bulk and good protection.

I'm using THIS screen protector. It's cheap, covers the whole screen, even the curved edges and stays on. I have this on for about 8 month now and hasn't peeled off at all. I'm also using a cheap ultra thin tpu gel case on the phone, but that just clearly for the better grip. This device is sooo slippery.... :)

ECrispy

Jun 25, 2010
Have been looking for >2 days now and it seems every good review is matched by bad review and the only one everyone can agree on is a $50 screen protector which is a ridiculous price :eek:

e.g. I read a bunch of good things about IQShield here, yet on Amazon the reviews are totally opposite!

Are tempered glass not good for curved screen phones?
Is wet apply method good or bad?
What is orange peel and dot matrix effect? Which types of protector does it apply to?

I swear buying a phone was an easier decision !!

ilal2ielli

Oct 31, 2011
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 4 XL
I swear buying a phone was an easier decision !!

All screen protectors have issues, even the Whitestone Dome or InvisShield, which are both LOCA applied protectors.

Orange peel applies to wet film applied screen protectors. The film can sometimes look like the skin of an orange (orange peel).

Dot matrix applies to cheaper screen protectors that have a dot matrix film applied to a layer of the tempered glass protectors that only have adhesive on the edges. It helps transmit the touches to the screen of the phone to create less touch issues since adhesive is not applied to the entire protector. These edge adhesive screen protectors are also easy to pop off the phone, they can come off with a drop and then your screen is completely bare and susceptible to damage.

Dot matrix protectors also have the rainbow effect that is similar to a glare under certain viewing angles.

The only way to know if these things bother you is the buy these cheaper screen protectors.

Whitestone Dome and InvisShield LOCA applied tempered glass screen protectors have issues with ease of application and eventual cracking around the corners of the screen protector. I've gone through two Whitestone Domes and one InvisShield over the course of having my phone since release.

I couldn't handle the cheaper protectors negatives, so I invested in the Whitestone Done and InvisShield protectors. Even with the amount I've spent on warranty replacement on Whitestone and the few InvisShield protectors, it's still cheaper than having to go to a repair shop to replace the screen.

ECrispy

Jun 25, 2010
All screen protectors have issues, even the Whitestone Dome or InvisShield, which are both LOCA applied protectors.

Orange peel applies to wet film applied screen protectors. The film can sometimes look like the skin of an orange (orange peel).

Dot matrix applies to cheaper screen protectors that have a dot matrix film applied to a layer of the tempered glass protectors that only have adhesive on the edges. It helps transmit the touches to the screen of the phone to create less touch issues since adhesive is not applied to the entire protector. These edge adhesive screen protectors are also easy to pop off the phone, they can come off with a drop and then your screen is completely bare and susceptible to damage.

Dot matrix protectors also have the rainbow effect that is similar to a glare under certain viewing angles.

The only way to know if these things bother you is the buy these cheaper screen protectors.

Whitestone Dome and InvisShield LOCA applied tempered glass screen protectors have issues with ease of application and eventual cracking around the corners of the screen protector. I've gone through two Whitestone Domes and one InvisShield over the course of having my phone since release.

I couldn't handle the cheaper protectors negatives, so I invested in the Whitestone Done and InvisShield protectors. Even with the amount I've spent on warranty replacement on Whitestone and the few InvisShield protectors, it's still cheaper than having to go to a repair shop to replace the screen.

Thanks. Based on your last para, sounds like you are more concerned with the screen protector preventing a crack? I'm not even sure I trust any of thse to do that, that's a job for the case isn't it? I guess I'll take my chances with a cheap one then, no point spending $50 even if I could afford it.

Would you recommend wet shield film that covers full glass (IQShield) or tempered glass that doesn't? I understand neither is perfect.

ilal2ielli

Oct 31, 2011
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 4 XL
Thanks. Based on your last para, sounds like you are more concerned with the screen protector preventing a crack? I'm not even sure I trust any of thse to do that, that's a job for the case isn't it? I guess I'll take my chances with a cheap one then, no point spending $50 even if I could afford it.

Would you recommend wet shield film that covers full glass (IQShield) or tempered glass that doesn't? I understand neither is perfect.

A case wouldn't protect against a drop to the screen. If you're only concerned about scratches to the screen then any cheap screen protector will do for you.

By having a full adhesive tempered glass protector like a Whitestone or InvisShield, you lower the likelihood of the screen becoming damaged from a drop because of the buffer it adds.

I would choose a wet film protector over an edge adhesive tempered glass protector if those were my options.

ECrispy

Jun 25, 2010
A case wouldn't protect against a drop to the screen. If you're only concerned about scratches to the screen then any cheap screen protector will do for you.

By having a full adhesive tempered glass protector like a Whitestone or InvisShield, you lower the likelihood of the screen becoming damaged from a drop because of the buffer it adds.

I would choose a wet film protector over an edge adhesive tempered glass protector if those were my options.

How do you tell which one is edge adhesive vs full, or which has dot matrix?

e.g. https://www.amazon.com/Protector-Scratch-Prevention-Application-Anti-Bubble-Compatible/dp/B07MF2QX7P

https://www.amazon.com/Protector-G-Color-Friendly-Anti-Scratch-Anti-Bubble/dp/B07C1KZH7K

ilal2ielli

Oct 31, 2011
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 4 XL

I don't think you understood my first post all that well. Dot matrix is used on edge adhesive protectors because of the lack of full coverage of the adhesive for the entire glass.

Anything with a black border is edge adhesive, as the black border hides the adhesive along the edges.

Top Liked Posts